Log 064

== START LOG ==
[2015-02-28 13:57:51] <rkcgm> Stuff is happening. Arrest/kill enemy mage assassin. Bad mage. Very naughty.
[2015-02-28 13:58:16] * Sila is busily making the assassin wish his puppet-person was deaf
[2015-02-28 13:58:31] * Ellie has apprised the Grand Duchess and the Marquis of the mage’s plans and background.
[2015-02-28 13:59:08] <ellie> However, she also realizes there are important things she didn’t try to find out, like who hired him, and whether he still has any active confederates, and whether there’s any more to his plot.
[2015-02-28 13:59:38] * Havrasti is all ready to go out and get taht mage
[2015-02-28 14:00:15] <ellie> She does want to try and learn these things before we get him, though she believes that, sadly, “going to get him” should probably be “going to execute him” while he’s still tied up, so to speak.
[2015-02-28 14:00:31] <sila> “Ooh, what a mouth you’ve got on you. Don’t like my camp songs, huh? You should be nicer to me, if you annoy me /really/ bad I’ll start singing bad boy-band songs that I only know half of, and then you’ll be /really/ miserable.”
[2015-02-28 14:01:14] <rkcgm> The mage, by this point, decides he’s not talking any more.
[2015-02-28 14:02:14] * Ellie leaves the Grand Duchess and Marquis to judge whether execution or capture is the route they wish to go. Meanwhile, she goes back to the room Sila’s in with the prisoner, though she tries to stay out of the prisoner’s line of sight.
[2015-02-28 14:02:14] <rkcgm> ((His resolution is pretty low, however.))
[2015-02-28 14:02:30] <sila> “Much better. Where was I? Oh yes. o/’ I wanna be an air-force ranger, I wanna fly an F-16! I wanna fly with the cockpit ooopen!…”
[2015-02-28 14:03:47] * Ellie telepathies to Sila what she has suggested to the Marquis and Grand Duchess, so she can bear in mind that these may actually /be/ this person’s last moments, depending on what is decided. She adds that he should not be told this precisely, though – don’t want him getting a moment of desperate brilliance and escaping.
[2015-02-28 14:04:50] <sila> (telepathy) “You want me to switch from distraction to intimidation in hopes he’ll get talkative again? Or just keep him occupied?”
[2015-02-28 14:05:33] * Ellie answers, /Keep him occupied. Though… nudges toward repentance and considering facing God may not be out of place, little as I think they have a chance of actually making a difference…/
[2015-02-28 14:08:44] <rkcgm> Candela decides to give you (and the Marquis) permission to use lethal force to bring the assassin in.
[2015-02-28 14:09:43] * Sila switches to a little modern-folk music by way of reminding the fool he is mortal:
[2015-02-28 14:10:25] <sila> “Do virgins taste better than those who are not? Are they salty, or sweeter, more juicy or what? …”
[2015-02-28 14:12:56] * Ellie attempts telepathy to try and learn 1) who he was working for, 2) whether he has any more active confederates, 3) whether he knows of any further threats to the Grand Duchess or the kingdom that his death wouldn’t stop…
[2015-02-28 14:13:02] <rkcgm> The mage appears to be biting off a retort.
[2015-02-28 14:13:52] <sila> “And an orphan’s a sad sight and so when I munch, I’m careful to eat only virgins for lunch! ’\o ….mind you, those songs were written by a human. Most dragons stick to non-sapients, criminals, and /spies/ you know.”
[2015-02-28 14:14:29] <ellie> …and, for a close, his full name.
[2015-02-28 14:14:34] <rkcgm> Mage: “I’m not a spy.”
[2015-02-28 14:15:07] <rkcgm> ((Name is Nicodemus: he doesn’t go by anything else.))
[2015-02-28 14:15:45] <rkcgm> !6d6: very difficult mental mindlifting))
[2015-02-28 14:15:45] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “very difficult mental mindlifting))”: (1+3+3+4+2+5). Total: 18.
[2015-02-28 14:15:46] * Havrasti address the Marquis, “So what all do you think we need to go capture him?”
[2015-02-28 14:16:06] <ellie> !6d6: Intelligence for telepathy
[2015-02-28 14:16:06] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Intelligence for telepathy”: (2+4+3+4+5+5). Total: 23.
[2015-02-28 14:16:47] <sila> “Spy, assasin – you’re a hostile agent of a foreign power, either way. Lucky for you I’m not hungry right now.”
[2015-02-28 14:17:45] <sila> “Still and all, if I was you I’d spend a few minutes getting right with God, just in case your next appearance at the castle involves a gallows.”
[2015-02-28 14:18:28] <rkcgm> ((Answers: 1 he doesn’t know the names of his employers, but they’re in the Fovos; 2 he has some confederates, but not many, and he doesn’t think they can help him; 3 answer is no.))
[2015-02-28 14:18:39] <ellie> …as an afterthought, even if it requires another roll, she wants to see if he knows anything about the attack on the Old Man of the Mountain…
[2015-02-28 14:18:59] <rkcgm> ((Roll it.))
[2015-02-28 14:19:06] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus roll
[2015-02-28 14:19:06] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (3+3+1+3+2). Total: 12.
[2015-02-28 14:19:07] <ellie> !6d6: int for telepathy
[2015-02-28 14:19:08] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “int for telepathy”: (2+4+1+3+4+4). Total: 18.
[2015-02-28 14:19:28] <sila> “…you’re not involved with those Fovos demons, are you? They’re scary bad employers. Weak by the standards of the Creator, but still hard on their humans I noticed.”
[2015-02-28 14:20:05] <rkcgm> ((Isn’t that OOC knowledge for Sila?))
[2015-02-28 14:20:48] <sila> ((You told Sila where he came from, didn’t you? The last time we were there, we had /considerable/ issues with those demons. Also the last time we dealt with assassins of that origin.))
[2015-02-28 14:21:05] <ellie> ((We could always say that God guided her guess, too. ;) ))
[2015-02-28 14:21:10] <sila> ((and you told Sila to try and talk to him about Last Things))
[2015-02-28 14:21:28] <rkcgm> Answer: he was entirely responsible – attempting to use the chaos in the court to kill the Grand Duchess. He mixed up his targets, and realized that there were still multiple mages in the room.
[2015-02-28 14:21:38] <rkcgm> ((True.))
[2015-02-28 14:21:41] <sila> ((so it’s logical for her ask the question. If he answers “No” then she has an opening to ask what he /does/ believe))
[2015-02-28 14:21:51] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “What do you know about the Fovos?”
[2015-02-28 14:23:11] <sila> “I know they call themselves Fear and Terror, and they didn’t like my talking to their last assassins about God Almighty. Hehe, God took one of those guys away from the demons, and were they ever mad!”
[2015-02-28 14:23:53] <sila> “Just emphasizes, though, how weak they really are. All the man had to do was actually ask God to rescue him, and bam, the demon was helpless.”
[2015-02-28 14:24:34] <rkcgm> Nicodemus snorts. “I’m sure you must’ve found that amusing.”
[2015-02-28 14:25:31] <sila> “Mmm… yeah, kind of. But even more, I was delighted to see someone get saved. I don’t discount the terrible power of a demon over a mortal who gives him a foothold.”
[2015-02-28 14:26:55] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “You’re both bleepity bleeping bleepers for believing in that mystic bleeping bleep.”
[2015-02-28 14:27:26] <sila> “What, are you saying you don’t believe the Fovos are real? Hahaha, wow, you’re really a sucker aren’t you?”
[2015-02-28 14:27:40] <rkcgm> ((Note: he’s referring to both the Fovos and Sila.))
[2015-02-28 14:28:25] <sila> “I shouldn’t laugh, you’re going to wake up before the judgement seat of God one day going ‘you mean there IS an eternity?!?’ and it’ll be too late to do anything about it.”
[2015-02-28 14:29:53] <rkcgm> Nicodemus mutters. “Of all the things, I have to get stuck here with a fanatic religious crusader, like all the rest of these Elmercina holier-than-thous.”
[2015-02-28 14:30:02] <sila> “Hey, it’s the Liar’s other big game. If he can’t convince people he or his servants are gods they should follow, he tries to convince them it’s all fake so they won’t feel the need to seek rescue from hell.”
[2015-02-28 14:30:38] <rkcgm> MEANWHILE – in the other room, the Marquis, Llewelyn, and others are preparing to depart for the arrest.
[2015-02-28 14:30:47] <rkcgm> ((All aboard.))
[2015-02-28 14:30:59] * Ellie will remain with Sila.
[2015-02-28 14:31:23] * Havrasti is going with that group of course
[2015-02-28 14:31:39] <sila> “I’m not saying you don’t deserve hell, I mean you kill people for pay. God says he’ll take even the worst sinner if they repent and submit to Him though. …You sound like a no-submission kind of guy, but hey. It doesn’t hurt to tell you what you don’t want to hear one last time. It’s not like I’m trying to make you comfortable.”
[2015-02-28 14:31:42] * Ellie actually comes in at this point and seats herself near Sila, but she doesn’t otherwise interrupt.
[2015-02-28 14:32:40] <sila> “Have you ever actually heard the good news in full?”
[2015-02-28 14:33:15] <sila> “Jesus Christ showed his love for us in this, that while we were still sinners He died for us, etc?”
[2015-02-28 14:34:23] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “NINETY-NINE BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL, NINETY-NINE BOTTLES OF BEER!”
[2015-02-28 14:34:30] * Ellie interrupts now.
[2015-02-28 14:34:58] * Sila laughs
[2015-02-28 14:34:59] <ellie> “NICODEMUS,” she says calmly, but with emphasis.
[2015-02-28 14:35:30] <rkcgm> Nicodemus looks at Ellie with a bit of surprise.
[2015-02-28 14:35:36] <rkcgm> ((Scene shift.))
[2015-02-28 14:36:02] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Right. Are we ready? I have the state executioner coming along momentarily…”
[2015-02-28 14:36:25] <havrasti> “Shall I assume my natural form?”
[2015-02-28 14:38:12] <rkcgm> Marquis: “If there’s trouble, certainly. Otherwise, I’d prefer to remain… relatively inconspicuous.”
[2015-02-28 14:38:47] <havrasti> “Ah, good thing I’m wearing my velcro clothing then.”
[2015-02-28 14:39:33] <rkcgm> Marquis smiles: “I’ll pretend I know what that means.”
[2015-02-28 14:39:40] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Let’s go.”
[2015-02-28 14:40:46] <rkcgm> The Marquis leads the way.
[2015-02-28 14:41:03] * Havrasti follows along
[2015-02-28 14:41:05] <sila> ((he got the “Ah, good” part – that’s all he needed to understand ;) ))
[2015-02-28 14:43:21] <rkcgm> The mage’s hideout is a well-to-do boarding house in a well-to-do part of the city. The Marquis brings along a dozen guardsmen in uniform, with pikes – it’s unclear to Havrasti why this is “inconspicuous” when a dragon would be…
[2015-02-28 14:45:23] <rkcgm> The house-owner, a well-to-do older lady, is sitting out front reading a book; she looks up in alarm. “What is this, my lord Marquis?”
[2015-02-28 14:45:24] <havrasti> “So which room?”
[2015-02-28 14:46:08] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Her Grace’s business, lady. We have reason to believe a villain is staying in your upstairs room.”
[2015-02-28 14:46:15] <rkcgm> Housekeeper faints.
[2015-02-28 14:46:52] <rkcgm> Marquis: “…well, I believe we have permission to search the place.”
[2015-02-28 14:47:01] <rkcgm> Marquis: “…or something.”
[2015-02-28 14:47:27] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Shall we?”
[2015-02-28 14:47:44] * Havrasti tries the door
[2015-02-28 14:49:55] <rkcgm> Roll perception versus intermediate
[2015-02-28 14:49:58] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus
[2015-02-28 14:49:59] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (5+2+4+6). Total: 17.
[2015-02-28 14:50:14] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-02-28 14:50:14] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (1+1+2+2+5). Total: 11.
[2015-02-28 14:50:27] <havrasti> (coin! :P )
[2015-02-28 14:50:30] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-02-28 14:50:30] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (1+1+6+6+4). Total: 18.
[2015-02-28 14:50:32] <rkcgm> !5d6: Llewelyn’s perception
[2015-02-28 14:50:33] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn’s perception”: (1+4+3+2+6). Total: 16.
[2015-02-28 14:51:04] <havrasti> (and now I have no more coins)
[2015-02-28 14:51:33] <rkcgm> Both Llewelyn and Havrasti notice that when Havrasti opens the door, there is some sort of magical “Door has been opened” trigger.
[2015-02-28 14:52:20] <rkcgm> ((It may be merely a “someone has been spying” trigger, or something more complicated.))
[2015-02-28 14:53:26] <havrasti> “Hmm, that was unlikely to have been put there by the housekeeper.”
[2015-02-28 14:53:49] <rkcgm> Marquis advances into the room. “What was unlikely?”
[2015-02-28 14:54:01] <sila> ((do we see a reaction back at the palace?))
[2015-02-28 14:54:04] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Ah – here he is – napping on the couch.”
[2015-02-28 14:54:15] <rkcgm> ((Funny enough, roll perception.))
[2015-02-28 14:54:18] <havrasti> “A little magical alarm put on the door.”
[2015-02-28 14:54:23] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-02-28 14:54:23] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (3+3+6+2+2). Total: 16.
[2015-02-28 14:54:35] <rkcgm> ((Sorry, to Sila and Ellie.))
[2015-02-28 14:54:37] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus roll
[2015-02-28 14:54:38] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (5+6+4+3+4). Total: 22.
[2015-02-28 14:54:51] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-28 14:54:52] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (3+6+6+1+3+1). Total: 20.
[2015-02-28 14:54:54] <ellie> !7d6: Perception with Reading Faces
[2015-02-28 14:54:54] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Perception with Reading Faces”: (5+1+6+6+5+5+1). Total: 29.
[2015-02-28 14:55:27] <rkcgm> Both Sila and Ellie see on Nicodemus’s face that he realizes his hiding spot has been breached.
[2015-02-28 14:56:05] <rkcgm> ((I will give them a moment to react, then switch back to the mage’s room.))
[2015-02-28 14:56:44] <sila> “You seem distressed – sure you don’t want to reconsider on hearing a little insight into the afterlife?”
[2015-02-28 14:57:07] <ellie> “Nicodemus, beware! Your crimes are known, and God has foiled you. Do not scoff at what may be your last chance to make peace with Him before you actually do meet Him.”
[2015-02-28 14:57:48] <sila> “You know, there’s a guy named Nicodemus in the Bible…”
[2015-02-28 14:58:38] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “Oh well. I guess it’s been a good run. I hope you don’t care too much about the people you sent to capture me, though. We’re all going together, after all.”
[2015-02-28 14:59:01] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “On second thought. I hope you do care. NINETY-NINE BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL…”
[2015-02-28 14:59:05] * Ellie doesn’t bother to ask why. She uses telepathy to see what he’s talking about…
[2015-02-28 14:59:12] <sila> “I suppose they’re more prepared than you are.”
[2015-02-28 14:59:16] <ellie> !6d6: telepathy roll
[2015-02-28 14:59:17] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy roll”: (5+1+4+4+2+5). Total: 21.
[2015-02-28 14:59:23] <rkcgm> ((Back to the room. Havrasti and Llewelyn, perception versus difficult.))
[2015-02-28 14:59:28] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus roll
[2015-02-28 14:59:28] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (6+3+5+4+4). Total: 22.
[2015-02-28 14:59:36] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-02-28 14:59:37] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (2+2+3+1+6). Total: 14.
[2015-02-28 14:59:44] * Sila probably doesn’t do such a great job of keeping her voice even, but still…
[2015-02-28 14:59:51] <rkcgm> !5d6: Llewelyn’s perception
[2015-02-28 14:59:52] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn’s perception”: (1+2+4+6+2). Total: 15.
[2015-02-28 15:00:04] <havrasti> ((oh dear, both perception failures :P ))
[2015-02-28 15:00:13] <sila> ((can I offer a coin?))
[2015-02-28 15:00:54] <havrasti> ((well, there’s the party Blue, if not))
[2015-02-28 15:01:02] <rkcgm> ((Okay – one party coin, plus two of Llewelyn’s coins. Since Ellie and Sila aren’t present, no direct donation except to a GM reroll.))
[2015-02-28 15:01:15] <rkcgm> ((Which might not be untoward, really.))
[2015-02-28 15:01:27] <sila> ((I’d donate red tot hat))
[2015-02-28 15:01:59] <ellie> ((I’ll also donate a red))
[2015-02-28 15:02:16] <havrasti> ((eh, I don’t think that’s needed here yet, he only has one 6))
[2015-02-28 15:02:24] <rkcgm> ((Okay, we’re using two coins for a reroll. That preserves Llewelyn’s reds for donations if need be.))
[2015-02-28 15:02:29] <rkcgm> !5d6: gm reroll
[2015-02-28 15:02:29] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “gm reroll”: (2+5+3+5+1). Total: 16.
[2015-02-28 15:02:34] <havrasti> ((but that works too))
[2015-02-28 15:02:44] <rkcgm> ((Success. Both Havrasti and Llewelyn have a 6.))
[2015-02-28 15:03:40] * Sila sings "Shadrach, Meshach, and Avednego / cast into the furnace, for going against the flow / said “Our God is a fireman, he can save us from the heat / but even if not, you can be sure our praise won’t miss a beat!”
[2015-02-28 15:04:26] * Sila hopes she doesn’t scandalize any guards with this kind of lyrics :P
[2015-02-28 15:04:50] * Ellie will be interrupting the songs once her telepathy is done, though. :-p
[2015-02-28 15:04:53] <rkcgm> Havrasti and Llewelyn both realize at the exact same second that the door-trigger started a timed spell going. There was thirty seconds to transmit the “recognition code”. Now there are twelve…
[2015-02-28 15:05:29] <havrasti> “Uh oh..OUT!”
[2015-02-28 15:05:45] <rkcgm> Llewelyn analyzes it first.
[2015-02-28 15:05:56] * Havrasti pulls whoever is nearest to him out (unless it’s Llewelyn, he can handle himself)
[2015-02-28 15:06:10] <rkcgm> !8d6: identify sorcery versus difficult
[2015-02-28 15:06:11] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “identify sorcery versus difficult”: (6+1+3+6+5+3+4+6). Total: 34.
[2015-02-28 15:06:22] <rkcgm> ((Boom. Critshot.))
[2015-02-28 15:06:29] <rkcgm> !2d6: crit coin
[2015-02-28 15:06:29] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “crit coin”: (6+6). Total: 12.
[2015-02-28 15:06:38] <rkcgm> ((Silver.))
[2015-02-28 15:06:41] <havrasti> ((nice))
[2015-02-28 15:08:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well, botheration, said Pooh Bear. That’s a bomb, and you’ll have to run faster…”
[2015-02-28 15:10:08] <rkcgm> Llewelyn does some magic rather than running.
[2015-02-28 15:10:46] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Stand closer to me, Havrasti. Marquis.”
[2015-02-28 15:11:27] <rkcgm> !8d6: versus difficult casting of a shield
[2015-02-28 15:11:28] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult casting of a shield”: (1+3+3+6+2+3+2+6). Total: 26.
[2015-02-28 15:11:34] <havrasti> ((Havrasti is probably out the door already :P ))
[2015-02-28 15:11:42] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus roll
[2015-02-28 15:11:42] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (3+5+3+6+5). Total: 22.
[2015-02-28 15:12:47] <rkcgm> Llewelyn creates a spherical black shield around himself and the Marquis. Then the house blows up.
[2015-02-28 15:13:29] <rkcgm> Back at the palace, the ‘possessed’ guard suddenly flops over and comes back to his senses.
[2015-02-28 15:13:45] * Ellie jumps a little in surprise.
[2015-02-28 15:14:06] <rkcgm> Then all the windows in the palace rattle with the sound of the explosion.
[2015-02-28 15:14:30] * Havrasti is in full form, having thrown the guards and the housekeeper down protecting them with his body
[2015-02-28 15:14:45] <rkcgm> ((Good call – I was just typing to suggest that.))
[2015-02-28 15:15:07] * Havrasti suspects the house keeper will have another fainting spell once she wakes up
[2015-02-28 15:15:20] <rkcgm> Havrasti is not at ground zero, but fairly close; roll… um… stamina versus intermediate to be materially uninjured.
[2015-02-28 15:15:21] <havrasti> “LLEWELYN!!”
[2015-02-28 15:15:36] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus roll
[2015-02-28 15:15:37] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (2+3+5+3). Total: 13.
[2015-02-28 15:15:45] <havrasti> !5d6 : Stamina
[2015-02-28 15:15:46] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Stamina”: (3+3+6+2+3). Total: 17.
[2015-02-28 15:15:52] <rkcgm> ((Success.))
[2015-02-28 15:15:56] <sila> “…well I guess that’s that for us. The killer is in God’s hands, and as for the men…well they’re in God’s hands too.”
[2015-02-28 15:16:17] * Havrasti is a big tough dragon, he’d be a laughing stock if a few fairly high velocity splinters bothered him
[2015-02-28 15:16:35] * Ellie doesn’t say anything, but she might look a little… shaken.
[2015-02-28 15:17:18] <rkcgm> The smoke proceeds to clear at the house. The second floor has completely collapsed into the first, which has collapsed into the basement.
[2015-02-28 15:17:57] * Havrasti heads back to the house and starts clearing away rubble until he finds the two men
[2015-02-28 15:18:02] <rkcgm> That is, the entire second floor apart from the bit where Llewelyn and the Marquis were standing on, which has settled into the rubble.
[2015-02-28 15:19:20] <rkcgm> Llewelyn is dusty. “That was loud.”
[2015-02-28 15:19:48] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Er… we’re not dead? Hello again Havrasti…”
[2015-02-28 15:20:07] <sila> “…”
[2015-02-28 15:20:26] <havrasti> sigh “no, you’re not dead, fortuantely. Fool wizard, why didn’t you run?!?”
[2015-02-28 15:20:33] <sila> “Hallelujah, hallelujah! Gonna praise him anyway, ‘cause he’s a good God!”
[2015-02-28 15:21:30] <havrasti> (are we within dragon-shouting distance of the palace?))
[2015-02-28 15:22:00] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “The spell was targeting the closest intruder. We’d have just dragged the focus point after us if we’d run.”
[2015-02-28 15:22:19] <havrasti> “…Ah, devious.”
[2015-02-28 15:22:28] * Sila makes a Willpower roll to resist the urge to, oh, run to the nearest door, window, or open battlement and fly off in panic
[2015-02-28 15:22:57] * Havrasti shouts towards the palace, “SILA! WE’RE ALL FINE!”
[2015-02-28 15:23:09] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I know, right? On second thought, I should’ve tried disarming it first… but it was a bit complicated…”
[2015-02-28 15:23:16] <rkcgm> ((Hmm.))
[2015-02-28 15:23:54] <rkcgm> ((Havrasti, roll strength. Sila, roll perception. Both versus intermediate – both beat them, then Sila hears Havrasti.))
[2015-02-28 15:23:59] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus intermediate
[2015-02-28 15:24:00] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus intermediate”: (4+2+6+6). Total: 18.
[2015-02-28 15:24:08] <rkcgm> ((Dice say no.))
[2015-02-28 15:24:09] <sila> ((air-code roars: Dead(NOT) Us ))
[2015-02-28 15:24:15] <havrasti> !6d6; 1d6 : Strength + Being a Dragon skill
[2015-02-28 15:24:16] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Strength + Being a Dragon skill”: (4+1+3+1+5+1). Total: 15.
[2015-02-28 15:24:18] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-28 15:24:18] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (2+5+5+1+5+1). Total: 19.
[2015-02-28 15:24:26] <sila> ((dice say no, sigh))
[2015-02-28 15:24:31] * Ellie is not singing. :-p She is, in fact, trying to hold things together. Then an idea occurs to her. It is, in fact, Sila’s idea, only Ellie doesn’t resist. :p She runs over to the window and throws it open, shifts into wings and invisibility, and leaps out.
[2015-02-28 15:24:35] <havrasti> !1d6 : forgot that doesn’t work properly :P
[2015-02-28 15:24:35] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “forgot that doesn’t work properly :P”: (6). Total: 6.
[2015-02-28 15:25:05] <sila> “Ellie wait!! Where do you think you’re…. going. Oh boy.”
[2015-02-28 15:25:23] * Ellie flies toward a pillar of smoke.
[2015-02-28 15:25:30] * Sila looks as the traitor-guardsman
[2015-02-28 15:25:55] <sila> “SOMEBODY GET IN HERE AND TAKE CHARGE OF THIS GUY!”
[2015-02-28 15:26:08] <rkcgm> The guardsman tries to look innocent and un-tasty. He may be humming a song he doesn’t know he knows now.
[2015-02-28 15:26:11] <sila> “Sleg and shellcrack, my translator’s gone…”
[2015-02-28 15:27:10] * Sila takes fullform, picks up a hall guard, and sets him down next to the prisoner
[2015-02-28 15:27:14] <rkcgm> Some more guards come in at Sila’s shouting.
[2015-02-28 15:27:25] <rkcgm> ((Or that. That’ll be amusing.))
[2015-02-28 15:27:38] <havrasti> ((hehehe))
[2015-02-28 15:28:02] * Havrasti stands up on his hind legs with tail for support and looks over towards the palace
[2015-02-28 15:28:17] <rkcgm> Guard: “O que eu fiz?! Por que a minha vida foi tão terrivelmente errado?!”
[2015-02-28 15:29:04] <rkcgm> Guard looks relieved when Sila puts him down.
[2015-02-28 15:29:09] <sila> “Usted, uh, ….aqui. Augh. No se’ como se dice en espanol. Mira este loco! Nececito voy!”
[2015-02-28 15:29:37] * Sila shifts human /just/ long enough to duplicate Ellie’s self defenstration
[2015-02-28 15:30:56] <rkcgm> Guard: “Eu obedeço, um voraz!”
[2015-02-28 15:31:29] <rkcgm> ((Tr: Guard: “I obey, voracious one.”))
[2015-02-28 15:31:53] * Sila may not be able to see Ellie, but she can figure the direction from the rising dust/smoke cloud herself
[2015-02-28 15:32:21] <rkcgm> Guard: “E minha mãe me perguntou por que eu queria me tornar um guarda. Ele paga bem e é excitante, eu disse…”
[2015-02-28 15:32:27] * Sila flies off, calling “Ellie, wait for me! It might still be dangerous!!”
[2015-02-28 15:32:41] <rkcgm> ((Tr: Guard: “And my mother asked me why I wanted to become a guardsman. It pays well and is exciting, I said…”))
[2015-02-28 15:33:05] <sila> ((hey, it IS exciting. Got grabbed by a dragon, survived. That’s one to tell the grandkids someday :P
[2015-02-28 15:33:07] <sila> ))
[2015-02-28 15:33:08] <havrasti> ((but sometimes it’s much mroe exciting than you bargained for ;) ))
[2015-02-28 15:33:58] <ellie> “Sila? I’m here,” Ellie calls from somewhere not too far ahead. Then adds, “There… there may be…. someone hurt who needs help.”
[2015-02-28 15:34:01] <ellie> She says no more.
[2015-02-28 15:34:44] <sila> “Look, just …turn visible or get on my back or something so I don’t catch you in a downstroke all right?”
[2015-02-28 15:35:01] <rkcgm> The guardsman proceeds to get out a charcoal pencil and draw a mustache on the traitor guardsman. “Se alguém perguntar de onde veio isso, dizer-lhes que só apareceu lá uma manhã. Jajaja.”
[2015-02-28 15:35:23] <rkcgm> ((Tr: “If anyone asks where that came from, tell them it just showed up there one morning.”))
[2015-02-28 15:35:50] * Havrasti can probably see Sila now
[2015-02-28 15:35:58] * Havrasti raises his wings and waves
[2015-02-28 15:36:04] * Ellie turns visible to show where she is.
[2015-02-28 15:36:06] <rkcgm> Sila and Ellie arrive at the scene of the house.
[2015-02-28 15:36:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Hi guys. Before you ask, it wasn’t me.”
[2015-02-28 15:36:30] * Ellie makes a dive and comes up with only just time to land it.
[2015-02-28 15:36:31] * Sila code-roars: “LIFEMATE STATUS (Question/Request)”
[2015-02-28 15:37:40] <ellie> She doesn’t laugh at Llewelyn’s quip. She does land next to him, however, throw her arms around him, and burst into tears.
[2015-02-28 15:38:04] * Havrasti roars back “(FINE)!”
[2015-02-28 15:38:32] <rkcgm> Llewelyn hugs Ellie back and thinks “Yup. Anything I say right now is entirely superfluous.”
[2015-02-28 15:38:39] * Sila wastes no time waiting and it almost on top of him when he replies, but she’s not complaining about the roar
[2015-02-28 15:39:24] * Sila lands next to Havrasti and promptly wraps his tail in hers
[2015-02-28 15:39:25] * Havrasti is pounced upon be a worried dragoness
[2015-02-28 15:40:12] * Ellie manages through tears, “He said- we thought- ….” then, “Is… is anyone hurt?”
[2015-02-28 15:40:29] <sila> “Ellie, I know you’re a healer, but for mercy’s sake don’t fly headlong into danger without warning like that. I mean, they’re fine, see? We would’ve learned that in about 5 minutes anyway. Probably.”
[2015-02-28 15:41:11] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “None of us, at least.”
[2015-02-28 15:41:19] <ellie> “Would’ve been invisible if you didn’t need to see me. Would’ve been able to see if there was danger,” Ellie retorts.
[2015-02-28 15:41:22] * Sila is acting a little clingy for her verbal attempt at calm and reason
[2015-02-28 15:41:47] <sila> “If all danger was visible, we wouldn’t have had such trouble finding this guy!”
[2015-02-28 15:41:48] * Havrasti doesn’t mind the clingy at all
[2015-02-28 15:41:55] <rkcgm> The Marquis has already been gathering information, and quickly determines that the other boarders were almost certainly out for the afternoon.
[2015-02-28 15:42:33] <sila> “Incidentally, his last words besides a few verses of ‘99 bottles of beer on the wall’ were a claim he was going to take you out with him.”
[2015-02-28 15:42:47] <sila> “He didn’t mention taking out the boarding house – was it clear inside when it went?”
[2015-02-28 15:43:06] <sila> “Or should we be doing search and rescue?”
[2015-02-28 15:43:13] * Ellie doesn’t answer. She does pull herself back from Llewelyn a bit, and starts wiping at her eyes.
[2015-02-28 15:43:53] <havrasti> “I think that’s what the Marquis is determining, Sila.”
[2015-02-28 15:44:27] <havrasti> “…also, if you see anyone who looks like a news person, we should make it emphatically clear this was NOT a dragon attack.”
[2015-02-28 15:44:40] <sila> “Ok then. Well. Um, I put a guardsman from the palace in charge of watching the traitor-guy. At least, I told him to look at the crazy-man, I hope he got the idea.”
[2015-02-28 15:47:27] <sila> “My Spanish is a little rusty even if it wasn’t an unearthly dialect, you know, and my translator was flying away.”
[2015-02-28 15:47:38] <rkcgm> Quite a crowd has now gathered, and despite the presence of two dragons, only about 25% of them think this was the fault of the dragons. The rest of them are firmly of the opinion that since the guys with pikes aren’t Doing Something about those dragons, then those dragons clearly aren’t responsible.
[2015-02-28 15:48:21] <havrasti> ((hehe, sensible of them))
[2015-02-28 15:48:24] <rkcgm> And anyway, those dragons are making mushy eyes at each other, and that’s kinda sweet, isn’t it? They can’t be evil property-destructors if they’re making eyes at each other like that.
[2015-02-28 15:48:33] * Sila starts picking up rubble and stacking it to one side, just to burn off nervous energy with something semi-productive
[2015-02-28 15:48:51] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Anyway – are you okay, Ellie?”
[2015-02-28 15:49:42] * Sila does not release Havrasti’s tail
[2015-02-28 15:50:14] * Ellie nods. She’s still trying to get herself together.
[2015-02-28 15:50:24] <ellie> She’s mostly managed to dry her eyes now, though.
[2015-02-28 15:50:44] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “And sure, we were kinda surprised. But God wasn’t surprised.”
[2015-02-28 15:51:27] <sila> (over her shoulder) “We know that, but it was still a bit stressful you know!”
[2015-02-28 15:52:03] <sila> “…although I do apologize, Ellie, if my comment about the men being in God’s hands came over wrong. I didn’t mean to stress you out.”
[2015-02-28 15:52:07] <havrasti> “Yeah, we’ll just have to go relax somewhere to relieve the stress.”
[2015-02-28 15:52:25] * Sila snerks at Havrasti
[2015-02-28 15:53:17] <ellie> “Wasn’t you, Sila. I just… needed to do something. Needed to know. If there’s nothing to do here, though, we should probably get back. The Grand Duchess may not have heard what we did, but she may have noticed the explosion…”
[2015-02-28 15:53:40] <havrasti> “Oh, we should probably go tell her what happened.”
[2015-02-28 15:54:01] <sila> “And who knows what that guard got from my Spanglish when we left.”
[2015-02-28 15:54:03] <rkcgm> The Grand Duchess totally DID notice the explosion, but has been sitting in her palace all this time not knowing what’s going on.
[2015-02-28 15:54:43] * Sila dusts off her hands and starts back towards the palace, still in full-form
[2015-02-28 15:55:11] <rkcgm> The crowds enthusiastically rush to make way for Sila.
[2015-02-28 15:55:28] * Sila moves slowly so everyone can get comfortably out of the way.
[2015-02-28 15:55:35] * Ellie also turns to head back. She incidentally catches hold of Llewelyn’s hand as she does so.
[2015-02-28 15:55:40] * Sila does not release Havrasti’s tail :P
[2015-02-28 15:55:42] * Havrasti picks up his clothing
[2015-02-28 15:55:54] * Havrasti is prevented from that, actually
[2015-02-28 15:56:12] * Havrasti guesses he’s going to the palace, too
[2015-02-28 15:56:14] <rkcgm> Llewelyn seems totally fine with this, in an awkward-but-people-are-looking sort of way.
[2015-02-28 15:56:54] <sila> ((well I may have reached the end of my teather and had to pause while he snagged the last piece :P but she wouldn’t drag him off without his clothes once she noticed that’s what he was doing. Assuming they actually survived the explosion."
[2015-02-28 15:56:57] <sila> ))
[2015-02-28 15:57:45] <havrasti> (assuming, yes))
[2015-02-28 15:58:08] <sila> “Coming your Lordship? I’m sure her grace will be wanting your report.”
[2015-02-28 15:58:40] <rkcgm> Candela is sitting in her garden doing needlework when you return. It’s really bad needlework because her hands are shaking.
[2015-02-28 15:58:49] <rkcgm> Marquis: "Yes – coming right along.)
[2015-02-28 15:59:31] * Sila ignores the extra attention she is getting, walking around the city in full-form, and walks (parades :P ) back to the palace
[2015-02-28 16:00:42] <sila> “Hello. It seems my ma- er, fiance, will need the use of the stables again.”
[2015-02-28 16:01:10] <rkcgm> Candela: “Oh. I see. Well, go ahead then.”
[2015-02-28 16:01:29] <rkcgm> Candela looks for the Marquis, then seems to relax when she sees him.
[2015-02-28 16:01:36] * Sila catches her futurism this time. She is glad dragons don’t “blush” through their scales.
[2015-02-28 16:03:31] <sila> !6d6: notice Candela’s reaction there?
[2015-02-28 16:03:31] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “notice Candela’s reaction there?”: (2+5+2+6+5+5). Total: 25.
[2015-02-28 16:03:40] * Havrasti teases her in draconic, “Oh, back to fiance. We’ll just have to fix that before too long.”
[2015-02-28 16:04:58] <sila> (Draconic) “As planned, and don’t tease me about it! I thought my heart would stop when I saw that smoke cloud…”
[2015-02-28 16:05:01] <rkcgm> Candela laughs.
[2015-02-28 16:05:59] * Havrasti stops the teasing
[2015-02-28 16:07:43] <ellie> By this time Ellie has calmed, and long abouts when we’re entering the garden, Ellie does drop Llewelyn’s hand.
[2015-02-28 16:08:39] <rkcgm> Llewelyn was just getting used to it.
[2015-02-28 16:08:46] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus for Sila’s perception
[2015-02-28 16:08:47] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for Sila’s perception”: (5+4+2+2). Total: 13.
[2015-02-28 16:09:09] <sila> !2d6: crit coin I believe
[2015-02-28 16:09:10] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “crit coin I believe”: (2+5). Total: 7.
[2015-02-28 16:09:22] <rkcgm> ((No, need two sixes.))
[2015-02-28 16:09:42] <sila> ((oh, right, I keep forgetting it’s not just the absence of 1s))
[2015-02-28 16:09:49] <rkcgm> ((Two sixes uncancelled by ones.))
[2015-02-28 16:10:25] * Sila hmmms
[2015-02-28 16:11:58] <sila> “Well. I should apologize for my rather, ah, abrupt treatment of your one guard – I’m afraid I gave him a bit of a scare. It seems God protected us from the worst-case scenarios, though, and the assassin is dead by his own magic if I understood rightly.”
[2015-02-28 16:12:52] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Basically. Big bada boom.”
[2015-02-28 16:13:09] <sila> "Let it be recorded that his last words were “97 bottles of beer, take one down.” He didn’t finish the verse."
[2015-02-28 16:13:37] * Ellie kinda gives a choked half-laugh, but doesn’t seem entirely amused.
[2015-02-28 16:13:54] * Havrasti looks to Ellie, “Did you find anything else about him, by the way?”
[2015-02-28 16:13:59] <rkcgm> Candela: “We shall pray for his soul. Later.”
[2015-02-28 16:15:11] <sila> “As I told Ellie, his soul is in God’s hands for judgement. He was shouting the bottle song to keep us from advising him further about salvation, so I doubt there’s much question of his destination, alas.”
[2015-02-28 16:15:33] <ellie> “He had other confederates, but he didn’t look for help from them. He was hired by someone in the Fovos whose names he didn’t know. His death should have stopped everything he had a hand in, though… and, incidentally, he was the one who attacked the Old Man of the Mountain. He was aiming for the Grand Duchess and missed.”
[2015-02-28 16:16:02] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Right – since she wasn’t there at that moment.”
[2015-02-28 16:16:36] <sila> “What, he sent it off right when she fell through the portal?”
[2015-02-28 16:16:58] <ellie> “Maybe after, even. But things were so chaotic…”
[2015-02-28 16:17:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Exactly.”
[2015-02-28 16:17:54] <sila> “I’m going to skip praying for souls already departed and focus on some serious thanksgiving, myself.”
[2015-02-28 16:19:22] <rkcgm> Candela: “A good idea. And it will certainly take a cloud off our minds at the ball tonight…”
[2015-02-28 16:19:41] <rkcgm> ((This reminds you that it starts in only a few hours.))
[2015-02-28 16:20:01] <havrasti> “I suppose we ought to get ready, then.”
[2015-02-28 16:20:05] <sila> “No kidding. If the condessa will do us the favor of staying away, it might actually be fun.”
[2015-02-28 16:20:33] <rkcgm> Candela: “In any case, I must go get started dressing up for it.”
[2015-02-28 16:20:51] <ellie> “Aaaah… yes, we should go get ready, too, Sila.”
[2015-02-28 16:21:08] <sila> “Yeah…I guess…”
[2015-02-28 16:21:32] * Sila doesn’t want to be stuck in her room out of sight of Havrasti right now :P
[2015-02-28 16:21:32] <rkcgm> ((And for the record, yes, it does require the Grand Duchess two hours to get dressed for a ball. Cause reasons.))
[2015-02-28 16:21:54] <sila> ((If it’s only two hours, she’s not doing that bad for a monarch))
[2015-02-28 16:22:07] <ellie> ((Basically what I just said. ;-) ))
[2015-02-28 16:22:10] <sila> ((but maybe her hair was done in advance :P ))
[2015-02-28 16:24:07] <havrasti> “Though I think Sila may find it very difficult to do so at the moment.”
[2015-02-28 16:24:53] <ellie> “Uh, why? I mean, unless she’s just not going to leave your side.”
[2015-02-28 16:25:13] * Havrasti tries to move his tail that is totally entwined by Sila’s
[2015-02-28 16:25:17] <sila> “No, no, that…that would be silly…Oh!”
[2015-02-28 16:25:31] <ellie> “But I’ve been looking forward to getting all dressed up, and I refuse to let that man steal that from me, so…. /I’m/ off to go get ready.”
[2015-02-28 16:25:40] <sila> “Right. Um, unwinding now…”
[2015-02-28 16:26:14] * Sila needs nearly two hours herself, to get into her human-form ball gown, her full-form drapes and veils (that Havrasti gave her earlier in the day), all her jewelry, and the moderately elaborate braids she effects for hairstyle with formalwear.
[2015-02-28 16:28:26] * Havrasti will be attending in full form himself, with suitable masculine adornments
[2015-02-28 16:28:47] <rkcgm> AND SO, for now we part ways to prepare for a very relaxing (especially if the Condessa doesn’t show up) evening at a giant outdoor ball.
== END LOG ==

Log 064

Red King's Command BrockPaine