Log 063

== START LOG ==
[2015-02-21 13:23:52] <rkcgm> You have followed the Condessa back to Elmercina, arriving in a church’s confessional booth. The only present inhabitant of the church is a napping priest.
[2015-02-21 13:25:00] <sila> ((argh, BRB, need to restart the browser soemthing’s stuck))
[2015-02-21 13:25:08] [INFO] Disconnecting from IRC. Click close again to exit now.
[2015-02-21 13:25:08] [QUIT] Disconnected from irc://irc.nightstar.net/ (irc://irc.nightstar.net/). [[Reconnect][Reconnect to irc.nightstar.net][reconnect]]
[2015-02-21 13:26:59] →| YOU (Sila) have joined #herebedragons
[2015-02-21 13:27:25] <sila> (sorry about that)
[2015-02-21 13:27:36] <rkcgm> ((np))
[2015-02-21 13:29:43] <havrasti> “So, shall we wake the priest?”
[2015-02-21 13:30:12] <havrasti> “Oh, and maybe you can telepath the Duchess, Ellie?”
[2015-02-21 13:30:15] <sila> “Yes, he might have been awake when she actually came through.”
[2015-02-21 13:31:47] <ellie> “Um… I’m not sure we’re in range for that, Havrasti. There’s only so far I can go…”
[2015-02-21 13:32:14] * Sila shakes the priest’s shoulder again
[2015-02-21 13:32:32] <rkcgm> 02Priest snorts. "Hrm, wha
?"01
[2015-02-21 13:32:43] * Sila never actually got visible…
[2015-02-21 13:32:46] <rkcgm> The priest looks around in confusion.
[2015-02-21 13:32:48] <havrasti> “Hello, sir.”
[2015-02-21 13:32:58] <sila> “Have you seen any mad royalty lately?”
[2015-02-21 13:33:12] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Nobility. Not royalty.”
[2015-02-21 13:33:20] <sila> “Ah, yes, my mistake.”
[2015-02-21 13:33:24] <rkcgm> The priest looks around. “Demon voices!”
[2015-02-21 13:33:28] <ellie> …“Sila.”
[2015-02-21 13:33:29] <rkcgm> The priest runs out.
[2015-02-21 13:33:37] <sila> “…eh? Oh! Sorry.”
[2015-02-21 13:33:43] <ellie> "Hey, wait!
[2015-02-21 13:33:45] * Sila turns visible
[2015-02-21 13:33:49] <ellie> “There are no demons!”
[2015-02-21 13:33:54] <sila> “I think he called you a demon Llewelyn.”
[2015-02-21 13:33:59] <rkcgm> The priest returns twenty seconds later with a dish of water and a crucifix.
[2015-02-21 13:34:09] * Ellie facepalms.
[2015-02-21 13:34:26] <rkcgm> The priest stops in his tracks when he sees you.
[2015-02-21 13:34:32] * Havrasti wasn’t invisible :P
[2015-02-21 13:35:21] <ellie> “Sorry to have given you a scare, Father.”
[2015-02-21 13:35:26] <sila> “Yes, hello. Sorry about the mix-up, I forgot I was invisible. We’ve been tracking a dangerous mage, and she came through here probably a few hours ago.”
[2015-02-21 13:35:34] <rkcgm> Priest: “Er. Right. I didn’t see you.”
[2015-02-21 13:36:14] <ellie> “And we really can’t stay long. As she said, we have been tracking someone dangerous, and we need to hurry on. But has anyone else come through here today?”
[2015-02-21 13:36:42] <rkcgm> Priest: “What do you mean? A number of people come through every day.”
[2015-02-21 13:37:05] <sila> “This person came out of your confessional without first going into it, at least via the normal door.”
[2015-02-21 13:37:23] <sila> “A woman in very disturbed formerly-formal clothing.”
[2015-02-21 13:37:43] <sila> “hmm…although she might have hidden that under an illusion I suppose.”
[2015-02-21 13:37:45] <havrasti> “She should have been memerable.”
[2015-02-21 13:38:16] <ellie> “Actually, just because we don’t know her well doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be familiar with her. We’ve been seeking the Condessa Rozas de Rosario de la Palla, who tried to attack the Grand Duchess.”
[2015-02-21 13:38:57] <rkcgm> Priest: “No… I don’t believe I have seen any women in the church today. There were some last night at confession, though.”
[2015-02-21 13:39:57] <sila> “…oh. That might explain why she waited around on that plateau-place for a while.”
[2015-02-21 13:40:21] <sila> “She was waiting for the opportune hour to make her appearance as unremarkable as possible.”
[2015-02-21 13:40:29] <sila> “What time is confession, officially?”
[2015-02-21 13:40:55] <rkcgm> Priest: “Evening.”
[2015-02-21 13:41:49] <sila> “…how very specific.”
[2015-02-21 13:42:15] <rkcgm> Priest: “The church does not have bells.”
[2015-02-21 13:42:33] <sila> “Well, OK, that’s a time frame. Arrived back in the city probably sometime yesterday evening during confessional hours.”
[2015-02-21 13:42:46] <havrasti> “Or just after.”
[2015-02-21 13:42:55] * Sila sighs
[2015-02-21 13:43:12] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Which means she didn’t waste much time.”
[2015-02-21 13:43:37] <sila> “She maybe seemed like the patient type to you? The question is, where did she go after that.”
[2015-02-21 13:44:05] <rkcgm> Priest: “You said this was the Condessa?”
[2015-02-21 13:44:06] <sila> “Would I offend you if I searched the church for signs of further magic, sir?”
[2015-02-21 13:44:57] <ellie> “Yes, the Condessa. She attacked the Grand Duchess last night, and we have reason to believe she is under dangerous outside influence, as well.”
[2015-02-21 13:45:15] <sila> “Not demonic, but bad enough.”
[2015-02-21 13:45:39] * Ellie studies the priest. Does he seem like he’s genuinely being helpful, or like he’s holding something back? ((Going for Reading Faces Perception roll.))
[2015-02-21 13:46:10] <ellie> !7d6: Perception with Reading Faces
[2015-02-21 13:46:11] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Perception with Reading Faces”: (4+5+1+3+4+6+3). Total: 26.
[2015-02-21 13:46:22] <rkcgm> !3d6: versus
[2015-02-21 13:46:23] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (1+1+1). Total: 3.
[2015-02-21 13:46:59] <rkcgm> The Priest is still waking up; he doesn’t have the mental collection to be anything but helpful.
[2015-02-21 13:47:24] <rkcgm> Priest: “For magic? I suppose. Why should there be any, here?”
[2015-02-21 13:48:13] <ellie> “We only want to know if the Condessa used any that might give us any clues as to what she was going to do next.”
[2015-02-21 13:48:20] <rkcgm> Priest: “I heard that Her Grace dispossesed the Condessa of her title and lands last night… but why should the Condessa come here?”
[2015-02-21 13:49:04] <ellie> “She… ran afoul of her own magic, and was sent through a world portal elsewhere. She came back through a portal into your confessional.”
[2015-02-21 13:51:46] <rkcgm> Priest: “…God preserve us!”
[2015-02-21 13:52:00] * Sila starts her search for portal remnants in places that wouldn’t attract to much notice
[2015-02-21 13:52:02] <rkcgm> The priest goes into his confessional booth with a concerned look on his face.
[2015-02-21 13:52:43] <ellie> “He has so far. But was something of importance in there, or is it just the idea that she would use it in that way?”
[2015-02-21 13:54:08] <sila> ((does the GM want a search roll from me?))
[2015-02-21 13:54:14] <rkcgm> Priest (muttering): “…a mage and a traitor in my own church! Lord preserve us! It’s monstrous, simply abominable.”
[2015-02-21 13:54:23] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus search
[2015-02-21 13:54:23] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus search”: (2+1+5+2). Total: 10.
[2015-02-21 13:54:40] <sila> !5d6: If I was a madwoman running for my life…
[2015-02-21 13:54:40] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “If I was a madwoman running for my life…”: (4+3+6+5+4). Total: 22.
[2015-02-21 13:55:31] * Ellie chooses to bite her tongue where the seeming slight against mages is concerned….
[2015-02-21 13:55:45] <rkcgm> Sila doesn’t find evidence of any other magic present in the church.
[2015-02-21 13:56:11] <sila> “I think she left on foot.”
[2015-02-21 13:56:45] <ellie> “Well, then we probably had better, as well. Having lost the trail, we really ought to get to the Grand Duchess as soon as possible.”
[2015-02-21 13:57:32] <sila> “We should coordinate with his Lordship the Marquis – find out if she has known haunts, and where desperate people go for things that aren’t supposed to be for sale in this city, that sort of thing.”
[2015-02-21 13:57:33] <havrasti> “Alright, thank for your assistence, uh, father?”
[2015-02-21 13:58:25] <rkcgm> Priest (muttering): “Hm? Oh, yes… go in peace, my children…”
[2015-02-21 13:59:05] <ellie> “And peace to you as well.” Ellie’s thinking, /He’s more ruffled than we are. :-p /
[2015-02-21 13:59:24] <sila> (muttering) “…and call no man your father upon the earth, for one is your Father, which is in heaven…”
[2015-02-21 14:00:53] * Ellie heads toward the door.
[2015-02-21 14:01:08] <ellie> Opens it, even, though she’s not stepping out without the others.
[2015-02-21 14:01:32] * Sila pauses at the door and looks around for anything that looks like a good hiding place for a noblewoman who needs to stay out of sight
[2015-02-21 14:03:49] <rkcgm> Nothing is visible to Sila.
[2015-02-21 14:04:17] * Sila shrugs and steps outside
[2015-02-21 14:04:32] <sila> “So where are we relative to the palace and our hotel now?”
[2015-02-21 14:05:33] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well, the palace is up on the hill – so thataway – and our hotel is about a half-mile down this street.”
[2015-02-21 14:06:41] <sila> “Huh. And Ellie was pretty sure the Condessa wasn’t with the tunnel rat plot, so no particular reason she would go there. Uphill it is.”
[2015-02-21 14:06:42] <ellie> “I say we go to the palace first.”
[2015-02-21 14:07:08] <havrasti> “We need to inform the duchess and marquis anyway.”
[2015-02-21 14:07:17] * Havrasti starts marching towards the palace
[2015-02-21 14:08:29] * Sila follows, muttering about walking up hills and having to hide her wings :P
[2015-02-21 14:09:12] <ellie> “Heh. Well, if it’s that much of a problem, Sila, you can make yourself invisible and shift. But then you’d be leaving the rest of us to tromp on foot alone.” Ellie teases.
[2015-02-21 14:10:16] <rkcgm> Despite Sila’s complaints, the palace is only a ten minute walk past the food-seller’s district.
[2015-02-21 14:10:17] <sila> “Meh. It’s annoying not deadly. Just wastes time, and assassins are on the loose you know?”
[2015-02-21 14:11:04] * Sila gets some more jerky out of her pack to help her resist the lure of assorted tasty smells :P
[2015-02-21 14:12:53] <rkcgm> Llewelyn buys himself and Ellie a small meat-filled pastry as a snack.
[2015-02-21 14:13:54] <ellie> “Aaah, thank you, Llewelyn! Mmm, I don’t think I’d realized I was hungry, but…” Ellie begins to munch, appetite apparently whetted.
[2015-02-21 14:14:00] * Havrasti gets himself a whole turkey leg
[2015-02-21 14:14:20] <rkcgm> The pastry is tastry.
[2015-02-21 14:14:41] <sila> “Oh, for crying out loud, we’re stopping for lunch NOW?”
[2015-02-21 14:14:57] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I didn’t stop for more than ten seconds.”
[2015-02-21 14:15:00] * Ellie was still walking as she munched. “Stopping?”
[2015-02-21 14:15:06] <havrasti> “What? Lunch? This is just a snack.” :P
[2015-02-21 14:15:27] * Havrasti gets one for Sila, too
[2015-02-21 14:15:50] <sila> “…thank you.”
[2015-02-21 14:17:51] * Havrasti continues walking while munching
[2015-02-21 14:18:03] <rkcgm> The Marquis is inspecting the palace guards when you arrive.
[2015-02-21 14:19:11] * Sila discards a thoroughly stripped turkey bone just outside the palace grounds :P
[2015-02-21 14:19:39] <rkcgm> ((FINED FOR LITTERING! :P ))
[2015-02-21 14:19:53] <rkcgm> (( j/k ))
[2015-02-21 14:20:41] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Oh – welcome back. I didn’t expect to see you at the gates.”
[2015-02-21 14:21:00] * Sila performs her littering in sight of a small dog, it won’t be there long :P :P
[2015-02-21 14:21:16] <sila> “Guess who else is back in town somewhere?”
[2015-02-21 14:21:29] <rkcgm> Marquis: “The Condessa?”
[2015-02-21 14:21:34] <havrasti> “Or at least was for a short time.”
[2015-02-21 14:21:52] <sila> “She didn’t leave from the building she arrived in, anyway.”
[2015-02-21 14:21:52] <ellie> “Yes. We tracked her back here.”
[2015-02-21 14:22:23] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Well, come inside, and share with Her Grace what you’ve learned.”
[2015-02-21 14:22:29] <ellie> “Has all been quiet here?”
[2015-02-21 14:22:50] <rkcgm> Marquis: “It has. Did you expect otherwise?”
[2015-02-21 14:23:07] <ellie> “Has anything since we’ve gotten here been what we would have expected?”
[2015-02-21 14:23:18] <sila> “Well there are a whole other set of murderous plotters around besides the Condessa…”
[2015-02-21 14:23:35] <sila> “The ones with the tunnels and gunpowder and rings.”
[2015-02-21 14:24:28] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Fair enough, Lady Ellie.”
[2015-02-21 14:24:42] <rkcgm> Marquis: “As to plotters, we have heard nothing new.”
[2015-02-21 14:25:48] <sila> “Good news in its own way then. Let’s go inform Her Grace.”
[2015-02-21 14:28:12] <rkcgm> The Grand Duchess is puttering around in the garden, fiddling with something that looks a bit like a wand.
[2015-02-21 14:28:27] * Ellie looks around for Cinnamon Sugar…
[2015-02-21 14:29:36] <rkcgm> Cinnamon Sugar is roaming around near the Grand Duchess’s feet, skeptically smelling a flower.
[2015-02-21 14:29:52] <havrasti> “Hello, we’re back.”
[2015-02-21 14:30:25] * Ellie waves to accompany Havrasti’s greeting. She also mentally calls to Cinnamon, /Hello there./
[2015-02-21 14:31:16] <rkcgm> CS: “Mew? Mraow!”
[2015-02-21 14:31:25] <rkcgm> Cinnamon dashes over to Ellie.
[2015-02-21 14:31:44] * Ellie kneels to pick him up once he gets to her, smiling widely.
[2015-02-21 14:31:56] <ellie> There’s nothing quite like a warm kitten welcome. ;-)
[2015-02-21 14:33:16] * Ellie scoops up Cinnamon and skritches behind his ears. “Missed you, little one.” She then continues walking over to the Grand Duchess.
[2015-02-21 14:34:46] <rkcgm> Cinnamon Sugar: “Purrrrr.”
[2015-02-21 14:34:57] <rkcgm> Candela: “Welcome back.”
[2015-02-21 14:35:40] <sila> “Thank you.”
[2015-02-21 14:35:59] <sila> “We had an interesting tour, but it ended with a church right here in the city.”
[2015-02-21 14:36:17] <rkcgm> Candela: “How is that?”
[2015-02-21 14:36:22] <ellie> “Yeah. We lost the trail there, we’re sorry to say.”
[2015-02-21 14:36:49] <sila> “The Condessa used the confessional to hide her arrival portal.”
[2015-02-21 14:37:04] <ellie> “The Condessa portaled from Earth to somewhere we couldn’t determine here in Esserea. And then, yes, she created another portal back to the city here.”
[2015-02-21 14:37:24] <sila> “Probably during confessional hours yesterday evening, or just after.”
[2015-02-21 14:38:28] <ellie> “At that point, we judged it best to come back here to notify you before doing anything further.”
[2015-02-21 14:38:30] <rkcgm> Candela: “Someone ironic that she returned in a confessional…”
[2015-02-21 14:38:46] <ellie> “Heh. Quite true, really.”
[2015-02-21 14:39:52] <sila> “If she were concerned with God’s view of her she wouldn’t be portalling people into deadly danger and flaunting her riches at the expense of the poor.”
[2015-02-21 14:41:48] <havrasti> “So now we need to decide on the next step.”
[2015-02-21 14:42:17] <ellie> "Yes. She’s back here, but we don’t know where she went. So…
[2015-02-21 14:42:22] <sila> “We’re hoping between you and the Marquis, maybe you’d know where to look next.”
[2015-02-21 14:42:27] <rkcgm> Candela: “Indeed. And if I’m not mistaken, there’s another group of plotters in play.”
[2015-02-21 14:42:44] <havrasti> “I’m thinking possibly contacting my parents about where that dragon war construct might be, or searching the Condessa’s residence. Oh, and them too, yes.”
[2015-02-21 14:42:57] <ellie> “Yes. The… Gunpowder Plotters. To borrow a term.”
[2015-02-21 14:42:59] <sila> “The ones we originally thought she might be involved with, yes, can’t be forgetting them.”
[2015-02-21 14:43:25] <sila> “The tunnel rats.”
[2015-02-21 14:43:46] <havrasti> “Are there any of those rings left?”
[2015-02-21 14:44:12] <sila> “I think we saved the one from the Marquis’ office, didn’t we?”
[2015-02-21 14:45:30] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I believe we did, actually.”
[2015-02-21 14:46:21] <ellie> “Are you thinking we might learn something by examining it?”
[2015-02-21 14:46:59] <havrasti> “Possibly.”
[2015-02-21 14:48:43] <ellie> “Hmmm. Oh, another topic, but while I’m thinking about it, how is The Old Man of the Mountain today?”
[2015-02-21 14:49:14] <rkcgm> Candela: “Recovering, and wanting to get back to his sheep.”
[2015-02-21 14:49:48] <ellie> “Heh. Fair enough.”
[2015-02-21 14:51:55] <ellie> “So… what now? We have the idea of examining the ring. Do we have any other leads to follow up on?”
[2015-02-21 14:52:54] <rkcgm> Candela puts her ‘wand’ away. “I do not know of any. Let us try with the ring.”
[2015-02-21 14:54:51] <sila> “What was that, by the way? Seed planter?”
[2015-02-21 14:55:03] * Ellie prepares to follow to wherever the ring is being kept, continuing to hold and scritch Cinnamon Sugar.
[2015-02-21 14:58:29] <rkcgm> Candela: “No; I was trying to work out the method the Condessa used to store magic in that ring of hers. It was a trick I don’t know.”
[2015-02-21 14:59:31] <ellie> “Was it something other than normal enchanting, Llewelyn? Or could you tell?”
[2015-02-21 14:59:40] <sila> “Aah. I admit, it does sound a useful trick.”
[2015-02-21 15:00:03] <sila> “Something like a capacitor maybe?”
[2015-02-21 15:00:30] * Ellie is thinking of less pleasant things she’s encountered with magic stored in/on them… :-p
[2015-02-21 15:06:07] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I figured it was just standard enchanting, taken to a higher than normal degree.”
[2015-02-21 15:10:21] <havrasti> (to the ring?)
[2015-02-21 15:10:35] <ellie> ((Works for me))
[2015-02-21 15:10:46] <rkcgm> ((yes.))
[2015-02-21 15:11:18] <rkcgm> Candela has had the ring wrapped in a silk sheet and secured in a safebox.
[2015-02-21 15:13:41] <ellie> Llewelyn, can you do that… visualization thing to the enchantment on it?
[2015-02-21 15:14:05] <ellie> “And is that something I could learn to do, or do I not have the right kind of magic?”
[2015-02-21 15:14:13] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Sure. Just give me a few moments.”
[2015-02-21 15:14:30] <sila> “Sam and I didn’t have much trouble learning it…”
[2015-02-21 15:14:47] <ellie> “Yeah, but you both have different areas of magic from me.”
[2015-02-21 15:17:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn responds to Ellie. “Yes, probably – I’ll try to teach you sometime.”
[2015-02-21 15:17:42] <rkcgm> Llewelyn tries to bring up the visualization for the ring.
[2015-02-21 15:17:54] <rkcgm> !8d6: int and magic versus difficult
[2015-02-21 15:17:55] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “int and magic versus difficult”: (4+6+6+3+1+6+5+4). Total: 35.
[2015-02-21 15:18:03] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus difficult
[2015-02-21 15:18:04] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult”: (3+4+5+5+6). Total: 23.
[2015-02-21 15:18:08] <havrasti> (a crit)
[2015-02-21 15:18:08] <rkcgm> !2d6: crit coin
[2015-02-21 15:18:09] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “crit coin”: (3+4). Total: 7.
[2015-02-21 15:18:14] <rkcgm> ((Red))
[2015-02-21 15:23:40] <rkcgm> Llewelyn brings up the visualization for the ring – a rainbow of brightly-gleaming lines arcing out over the ring, like a sort of laser-harp. Llewelyn reaches a hand into the dimmest set of lines, and you all hear a slightly discordant sound at the very edge of hearing, accompanied by a male voice. “You shall obey my commands, and be my eyes, be my ears, and be my hands in all things. You shall obey…”
[2015-02-21 15:23:47] <rkcgm> ((Message repeats.))
[2015-02-21 15:24:06] <ellie> “…”
[2015-02-21 15:24:38] <ellie> “…Okay, so. I didn’t think anything could make me grateful for my enchanted items, but…”
[2015-02-21 15:25:17] <rkcgm> Llewelyn moves up to the next set of lines. “I shall set my power over you and give you strength to serve as a channel for my skills. I shall set…”
[2015-02-21 15:25:56] <ellie> “Also, I think someone has a bit of a god-complex, whether they realize it or not…”
[2015-02-21 15:26:22] <havrasti> “Now if only we could find out who.”
[2015-02-21 15:26:31] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Working on it.”
[2015-02-21 15:27:16] <sila> “If that’s his voice, it’s almost certainly a man.”
[2015-02-21 15:27:19] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Okay, so… in answer to one of the questions posed yesterday, pain doesn’t give feedback to the mage through the ring. Too bad.”
[2015-02-21 15:27:58] <sila> “The better to dispose of the puppets if necessary. What a /wonderful/ individual.”
[2015-02-21 15:28:43] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “But – and this is just a guess – the individual has to devote their entire attention to controlling their puppet.”
[2015-02-21 15:28:59] <ellie> “Hmmm.”
[2015-02-21 15:29:12] <sila> “Right – the eyes, the ears, the hands.”
[2015-02-21 15:29:16] <sila> “The skills.”
[2015-02-21 15:29:47] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “So, when we were fighting the two puppets yesterday, the mage controlling them was likely little more than a sleeper – perhaps almost comatose.”
[2015-02-21 15:30:14] <ellie> “Because he had to be focusing so much of his energy out of himself?”
[2015-02-21 15:30:24] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Correct.”
[2015-02-21 15:30:31] <sila> “Hence the fiction of the labor job, for in-between, and getting the puppets to get themselves into position and so forth.”
[2015-02-21 15:31:03] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Now… ooh, that might work…”
[2015-02-21 15:32:01] <rkcgm> Llewelyn swings a hand into another cluster of the light-lines. “You shall report to me everything necessary to the advance of my plans. You shall report…”
[2015-02-21 15:32:17] <sila> (aside to Ellie) “At least it’s not somebody so powerful they have an overriding visualization, like your mom. That’s gotta be a Llewelyn image if ever I saw one, you know?”
[2015-02-21 15:32:51] <ellie> “Yeah. I don’t think I’d want to know what this person’s visualization would be…”
[2015-02-21 15:33:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Oh yeah. I have you now, sucker. Cue the manic laughter. Mwa hah hah, etc.”
[2015-02-21 15:33:26] <ellie> "You know where they were supposed to report, then?
[2015-02-21 15:33:42] <sila> “Or are you just planning a little disinformation campaign?”
[2015-02-21 15:33:48] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Not exactly. But I have a cunning plan.”
[2015-02-21 15:33:57] <havrasti> “Do tell.” :D
[2015-02-21 15:36:26] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Mwa ha ha. See, he’s left us his phone number. We don’t know what his phone number is, or where he’s calling from, but we can dial it, and we know he’ll pick up. When he DOES, he’ll go comatose in the real world.”
[2015-02-21 15:37:06] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Sila, isn’t there a programming trick called… uh… recursive loop?”
[2015-02-21 15:37:40] <sila> “That’s usually considered a bug, but yeah…”
[2015-02-21 15:37:51] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well now, it’s a feature.”
[2015-02-21 15:38:00] <ellie> “Or a virus, so to speak.”
[2015-02-21 15:38:04] <sila> “Do while x>1, add 1 to X. And like that.”
[2015-02-21 15:39:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I think we can rig this so, in a sense, we prank call him, force him to answer, and then not allow him to hang up the phone.”
[2015-02-21 15:39:52] <sila> "Because the puppet /must/ report, and he can’t ignore the report, and so on?
[2015-02-21 15:40:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Right!”
[2015-02-21 15:40:14] <ellie> “Hmm. Which would effectively paralyze him. But then… would it also tell us how to find him?”
[2015-02-21 15:40:36] <sila> “We can look for the rich paralyzed guy then, having plenty of time :P”
[2015-02-21 15:40:56] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I don’t know – maybe. But even if we can’t, we take him out of play.”
[2015-02-21 15:41:25] <ellie> “Plenty of time short of what it took him to die of thirst. Because while he may eventually be judged worthy of a death penalty, he should be given a trial. And anyway… he may yet know things that we need to.”
[2015-02-21 15:42:47] <sila> “Three days should be plenty of time. We don’t want to kill the puppet either, really.”
[2015-02-21 15:44:12] <ellie> “Well, then… it would be good to track down one of the loose threads.”
[2015-02-21 15:45:56] <sila> “I /do/ hope for the chance to see the Condessa’s face when someone explains to her that we were actually NOT after her until she blew her stack and her ring in panic.”
[2015-02-21 15:46:47] <rkcgm> Llewelyn puts a hand into two different sets of light-beams. “Right – let’s get this set up.”
[2015-02-21 15:48:58] <rkcgm> !8d6: sorcery versus very difficult
[2015-02-21 15:48:59] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “sorcery versus very difficult”: (2+4+4+5+2+5+3+1). Total: 26.
[2015-02-21 15:49:10] <rkcgm> !6d6: uh oh
[2015-02-21 15:49:11] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “uh oh”: (3+3+6+5+3+5). Total: 25.
[2015-02-21 15:49:23] <havrasti> ((havea red))
[2015-02-21 15:49:36] <rkcgm> ((Okay. Will use blue if that doesn’t work.))
[2015-02-21 15:49:44] <rkcgm> !8d6: try again
[2015-02-21 15:49:44] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “try again”: (3+2+5+2+3+1+3+3). Total: 22.
[2015-02-21 15:49:57] <havrasti> (alas)
[2015-02-21 15:50:11] <rkcgm> !7d6: using blue, rerolling all but the one
[2015-02-21 15:50:12] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “using blue, rerolling all but the one”: (5+3+5+5+4+2+3). Total: 27.
[2015-02-21 15:50:24] <rkcgm> ((Thanks for trolling me, dicebot.))
[2015-02-21 15:50:37] <rkcgm> ((Go take a hike.))
[2015-02-21 15:50:37] <ellie> ((Umm… I’d donate something, but…))
[2015-02-21 15:50:51] <ellie> ((Um… a red? :-p))
[2015-02-21 15:51:23] <rkcgm> !8d6: try try again
[2015-02-21 15:51:23] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “try try again”: (6+5+3+1+6+6+4+4). Total: 35.
[2015-02-21 15:51:35] <rkcgm> ((Boom. Headshot.))
[2015-02-21 15:51:40] <rkcgm> ((Crit, too.))
[2015-02-21 15:51:49] <rkcgm> !2d6: and Ellie also gets something back.
[2015-02-21 15:51:50] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “and Ellie also gets something back.”: (4+3). Total: 7.
[2015-02-21 15:52:02] <ellie> !2d6: Something back
[2015-02-21 15:52:03] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Something back”: (4+2). Total: 6.
[2015-02-21 15:52:05] <rkcgm> ((Red, and red.))
[2015-02-21 15:53:40] <rkcgm> Working together, you reset the enchantment on the ring so that, when it ‘phones home’ and the call is picked up, then it basically says “Please hold on the line.”
[2015-02-21 15:54:05] <ellie> ((Very politely, too. ;-) ))
[2015-02-21 15:54:21] <sila> snerk
[2015-02-21 15:54:28] <ellie> ((Ellie helps Llewelyn with the hold music. ;-) ))
[2015-02-21 15:54:39] * Sila observes, and is soon snickering in the background
[2015-02-21 15:54:55] <sila> "Oh, make it play “it’s a small world after all!”
[2015-02-21 15:55:09] <ellie> "Sila, we’re not *cruel
!"
[2015-02-21 15:55:12] <sila> “or maybe This is the song that never ends!”
[2015-02-21 15:55:54] <ellie> “Don’t you dare, Llewelyn. Be nice.”
[2015-02-21 15:56:03] <sila> “You realize you’re making a magic telemarker’s autodialer, right? Also: murderer.”
[2015-02-21 15:56:42] <ellie> “Neither means we can’t do it kindly,” Ellie retorts, though most of her focus is on helping. :-p
[2015-02-21 15:56:52] <sila> "Just think how much faster we’ll find him if he’s howling, “make it stop, make it stop!” – it’s humane!"
[2015-02-21 15:57:07] <ellie> “If I thought he’d be able to do that…”
[2015-02-21 15:58:39] <havrasti> “I think I’m missing something.”
[2015-02-21 15:59:00] * Havrasti has not been privy to young childrens television, nor has he visited Disneyland
[2015-02-21 15:59:23] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I just set it at some generic elevator music.”
[2015-02-21 15:59:26] * Sila starts singing
[2015-02-21 15:59:46] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “But… now comes the part that I failed to think through. Someone actually has to put the ring on.”
[2015-02-21 16:00:07] <ellie> “Okay. And what will the effect on them be?”
[2015-02-21 16:00:09] <sila> “This is the song that doesn’t end! It just goes on and on my evil overlord! You made me staaaart singing it, not knowing what it was!”
[2015-02-21 16:00:35] <sila> “And I’ll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn’t eeeeeend!”
[2015-02-21 16:00:55] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Um. They get possessed by the evil mage and could start throwing around fireballs?”
[2015-02-21 16:00:56] <havrasti> O_o
[2015-02-21 16:00:57] <sila> “It just… if I volunteer to wear it, can I sing the music and drive him nuts?”
[2015-02-21 16:01:07] <havrasti> "I suspect “evil overlord” was not part of the original."
[2015-02-21 16:01:29] <sila> "Even for this I’m not calling a murderer “my friend” "
[2015-02-21 16:01:31] <havrasti> “Can an animal wear it?”
[2015-02-21 16:01:32] <ellie> “…”
[2015-02-21 16:01:41] <havrasti> “Put it on a pig, or something.”
[2015-02-21 16:01:57] <ellie> “Actually… an animal might be a good idea, if that would work…”
[2015-02-21 16:02:09] <sila> “Got any capuchins?”
[2015-02-21 16:02:50] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Actually, it MIGHT work.”
[2015-02-21 16:03:11] <rkcgm> Candela has been listening this entire time. “Try a donkey.”
[2015-02-21 16:03:39] <rkcgm> Candela: “I can get you one.”
[2015-02-21 16:03:59] <sila> “Also: the thing about whether I could harass him if I wore the ring was serious. I think about a hundred verses of the song that doesn’t end /might possibly/ be necessary to the advancement of his plans.”
[2015-02-21 16:04:11] <sila> “Double-also, how are you going to put a ring on a donkey?”
[2015-02-21 16:04:42] <rkcgm> Candela: “…oh.”
[2015-02-21 16:06:12] <sila> “Need something small, or with fingers, or both.”
[2015-02-21 16:06:37] <sila> “Or someone with an iron will. And an encyclopedic knowledge of camp songs.”
[2015-02-21 16:06:55] <sila> “Little red wagon. Little green frog. I wanna be an air force ranger.”
[2015-02-21 16:07:02] <ellie> “Well, we have to put it on something or someone. If no one else, I could do it. Dad did sometimes say I was stubborn as a mule.”
[2015-02-21 16:07:30] <sila> “You mom would kill us.”
[2015-02-21 16:07:53] <ellie> “She knows I can be stubborn just as well as Dad.”
[2015-02-21 16:08:07] * Sila sighs
[2015-02-21 16:08:26] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Right. And you were standing here observing when we did it, so you know how it was done. I don’t want them to know that, since they could perhaps use that knowledge to get out of the trap.”
[2015-02-21 16:08:26] <sila> “Well, you’d probably sing him Michael Card songs or something. Which might be more productive.”
[2015-02-21 16:08:58] <sila> “Wait. If you need someone who doesn’t know how it was done, now you’re talking about Havrasti. No.”
[2015-02-21 16:09:12] * Ellie giggles at Sila. “Would be a good idea. But Llewelyn, who do you suggest?”
[2015-02-21 16:09:24] <sila> “…wait, what are we thinking? Get a guardsman. Bind him in advance and stuff.”
[2015-02-21 16:09:36] <havrasti> “How about the traitor guardsman?”
[2015-02-21 16:09:37] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “A volunteer who knows nothing about magic.”
[2015-02-21 16:10:03] <havrasti> (“But I still think an animal is best. Maybe a rat, and put it on the tail.”)
[2015-02-21 16:10:09] <rkcgm> Candela glances at Havrasti. “I’ll offer that guardsman a pardon if he agrees.”
[2015-02-21 16:10:35] <sila> “Yeah. Have the Marquis get the volunteer set without even telling him we’re involved.”
[2015-02-21 16:11:00] <ellie> “…Well, he certainly wouldn’t know how it was done, at least.”
[2015-02-21 16:11:07] <rkcgm> Marquis: “A good idea. I’ll be back within the hour.”
[2015-02-21 16:13:10] <havrasti> “Well, hmm, while we’re waiting for that, anyone have an idea how we might send a message to my parents about the ancient dragon war construct? Magically of course.”
[2015-02-21 16:13:41] <rkcgm> Candela: “Where are they?”
[2015-02-21 16:13:44] <sila> “Are they in the same place we left them? I can portal there.”
[2015-02-21 16:15:51] <havrasti> ((They’re probably still dealing with the library, or at least staying somewhere nearby and going over the works they collected/copied))
[2015-02-21 16:16:04] <rkcgm> ((Agreed.))
[2015-02-21 16:17:53] <rkcgm> After an hour, the Marquis returns with the traitorous guardsman (who is securely trussed up). “Well, he agreed.”
[2015-02-21 16:20:26] * Ellie looks to the man, “We do appreciate your aid, even though we do understand you probably do it more than anything for the sake of improving your situation.”
[2015-02-21 16:22:21] <rkcgm> The former guard is a bit sullen. “I can’t deny that, your ladyship. It beats a noose.”
[2015-02-21 16:22:37] <sila> “I’d like to teach you a song, before we start…”
[2015-02-21 16:22:50] * Havrasti facepalms
[2015-02-21 16:23:00] <ellie> “There may be more important things…”
[2015-02-21 16:23:03] <rkcgm> Llewelyn takes some advil.
[2015-02-21 16:23:47] <sila> “Oh, fine. I don’t suppose you can just /tell/ us who we’re looking for, while you’re in life-saving-cooperation mode?”
[2015-02-21 16:25:11] <ellie> “It might reduce the time you had to spend in aiding us, actually.”
[2015-02-21 16:26:21] <rkcgm> Former guard: “…well…”
[2015-02-21 16:26:30] <rkcgm> Former guard gulps.
[2015-02-21 16:28:22] <rkcgm> Guard: “I don’t know who it was. They approached me at Zita’s…”
[2015-02-21 16:30:20] <rkcgm> The Marquis frowns and explains to everyone else. “That’s A house of ill repute here in the city. I thought it was closed down last year.”
[2015-02-21 16:32:26] <sila> “Maybe it was a year ago?”
[2015-02-21 16:33:42] <rkcgm> Guard: “It, uh, reopened. And, well.” Awkward cough. “The agent with the ring, from yesterday – he was there, and a guy who I thought was his boss. I didn’t get his name, or a look at his face.”
[2015-02-21 16:34:19] <ellie> “And what did they ask of you?”
[2015-02-21 16:34:58] <rkcgm> Guard: “To help their agent if he ever showed up.”
[2015-02-21 16:36:37] <rkcgm> Guard: “Yesterday, when the Marquis asked me to bring him back in for interrogation, he told me before we returned to the room that I would help him. And, well, I’m not really sure why I actually did. It was stupid.”
[2015-02-21 16:36:56] <ellie> "Why did you agree in the first place?
[2015-02-21 16:37:00] <ellie> "
[2015-02-21 16:39:04] <rkcgm> Guard: “I didn’t think I’d have to do anything objectionable like that.”
[2015-02-21 16:39:17] <ellie> “What did you think you were being recruited for?”
[2015-02-21 16:39:59] <rkcgm> Guard shrugs. “I didn’t. I just didn’t want them to tell anyone I’d been at Zita’s.”
[2015-02-21 16:40:34] * Ellie sighs. “You never know how many wrong choices a first wrong choice will lead you to…”
[2015-02-21 16:41:14] <rkcgm> Guard: “Yeah, tell me about it.”
[2015-02-21 16:42:41] <ellie> “Well… I will tell you, I am glad you will get a second chance. Perhaps a chance to choose more wisely in the future.” Ellie looks to the others. "Is there anything else we need to know?
[2015-02-21 16:43:32] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Not from me.”
[2015-02-21 16:44:41] <havrasti> “I don’t know anything else.”
[2015-02-21 16:45:28] <rkcgm> Llewelyn hands the guard the ring. “Here. Put this on.”
[2015-02-21 16:46:17] <rkcgm> The guard puts the ring on (despite his hands being tied, he still has movement of his fingers).
[2015-02-21 16:46:42] <rkcgm> He suddenly straightens, stiff as a board, and falls down on the ground.
[2015-02-21 16:47:04] * Sila tries to catch him before he gets a concussion
[2015-02-21 16:47:54] <sila> “Should’ve had him lie down /first/ if he was going to sieze up, Llewelyn.”
[2015-02-21 16:48:11] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well, I didn’t know that.”
[2015-02-21 16:48:31] * Sila lays him down a bit more gently
[2015-02-21 16:49:02] <rkcgm> The guard’s eyes suddenly open again, and his eyes are a different color (brown) than they were before.
[2015-02-21 16:49:13] <sila> “Creepy…”
[2015-02-21 16:50:08] * Ellie telepathies to Llewelyn, /Can the mage at the other end see and hear us now? Is that how this works?/
[2015-02-21 16:50:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: /Yes, that’s correct./
[2015-02-21 16:50:32] <sila> “Whom do we have the dubious pleasure of addressing?”
[2015-02-21 16:51:26] <rkcgm> The tied guard struggles for a few moments, then closes his eyes – and suddenly opens them again. “What trickery is this?”
[2015-02-21 16:51:45] <ellie> “Asks one who has been pulling quite a lot of trickery, himself…”
[2015-02-21 16:52:15] <ellie> “Do you really think we’re going to answer that?”
[2015-02-21 16:52:19] <sila> “Sorry, that data is restricted. Name please?”
[2015-02-21 16:54:12] * Sila listens carefully for the first hint of magic from him
[2015-02-21 16:54:19] <rkcgm> Mage looks at Ellie, then Sila, and finally over to where Candela is sitting in her chair. He slowly smiles.
[2015-02-21 16:54:51] * Ellie frowns.
[2015-02-21 16:55:10] * Sila tenses and prepares to perform counter-magic
[2015-02-21 16:56:55] <rkcgm> Mage: “Ah, Your Grace. It is such a pleasure to meet you face to face – as it were – at last.”
[2015-02-21 16:57:50] <ellie> “Perhaps, when you’re done with pleasantries, you’d like to explain why you were setting up plots to undermine her rule?”
[2015-02-21 16:58:44] <rkcgm> Mage: “And perhaps I shouldn’t.”
[2015-02-21 16:59:13] <ellie> “What options do you think you have? We know you’re trapped where you are. You’ll need food and drink eventually. Maybe you should cooperate.”
[2015-02-21 16:59:41] <sila> “You’ll starve before your ring-bearer does.”
[2015-02-21 17:03:11] <rkcgm> Mage: “Hm. We’ll see, won’t we? Your little trap seems to have restrained me for the moment, but how long will it hold, little duchess?”
[2015-02-21 17:03:37] <havrasti> “Hope you had a good, long drink before this.”
[2015-02-21 17:03:43] * Ellie loves how he’s ignoring us. :-p Though while he’s ignoring us… she decides on an experiment.
[2015-02-21 17:03:55] * Ellie tentatively tries to see if she can look into his mind telepathically…
[2015-02-21 17:04:12] <ellie> !6d6: telepathy
[2015-02-21 17:04:13] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy”: (5+6+4+4+6+5). Total: 30.
[2015-02-21 17:04:21] <rkcgm> !6d6: very difficult
[2015-02-21 17:04:22] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “very difficult”: (3+5+3+4+5+3). Total: 23.
[2015-02-21 17:04:25] <rkcgm> ((Roll crit.))
[2015-02-21 17:04:35] <ellie> !2d6: crit coin
[2015-02-21 17:04:35] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “crit coin”: (2+2). Total: 4.
[2015-02-21 17:04:40] <rkcgm> Blue
[2015-02-21 17:05:24] <rkcgm> Ellie successfully penetrates his defenses, and discovers several things.
[2015-02-21 17:05:30] <rkcgm> From the top:
[2015-02-21 17:07:01] <rkcgm> His name is Nicodemus, and he’s a hired assassin from the Tesean kingdoms.
[2015-02-21 17:08:29] <rkcgm> His specialty as an assassin is killing other mages; so, needless to say, he’s very expensive.
[2015-02-21 17:08:57] <rkcgm> He’s maintaining a very cool exterior, but he’s a little panicked; and he’s trying to work at calming himself down.
[2015-02-21 17:10:19] <rkcgm> Finally, he is envisioning how he’s going to kill Candela – and his planned methods and the amount of detail he’s daydreaming up is pretty darn disconcerting to Ellie.
[2015-02-21 17:11:05] <sila> ((it shows how derranged he is that he finds that calming))
[2015-02-21 17:11:08] <rkcgm> Oh, as another Finally – he thinks Candela is the mage who actually trapped him, and he’s really rather surprised that a mere woman was able to do so.
[2015-02-21 17:11:35] * Ellie is glad the rest of us are being underestimated.
[2015-02-21 17:12:00] <ellie> She decides to risk digging a little further, distasteful as his mind is…
[2015-02-21 17:12:16] <ellie> !6d6: trying to find where he’s hidden…
[2015-02-21 17:12:16] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “trying to find where he’s hidden…”: (6+5+2+6+5+4). Total: 28.
[2015-02-21 17:12:21] <sila> “Where are you staying I wonder? Will anyone report your collapse? Take you to a hospital?”
[2015-02-21 17:12:24] <rkcgm> ((Crit again.))
[2015-02-21 17:12:29] <ellie> !2d6: Yay, second crit
[2015-02-21 17:12:29] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Yay, second crit”: (5+4). Total: 9.
[2015-02-21 17:12:31] <rkcgm> !6d6: versus roll
[2015-02-21 17:12:32] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (1+1+1+1+3+4). Total: 11.
[2015-02-21 17:12:42] <rkcgm> ((Green.))
[2015-02-21 17:13:05] <havrasti> ((GPS coordiantes down to the 17th decimal? :P ))
[2015-02-21 17:13:21] <ellie> ((I’ll be content with, “He has no clue his mind was just plumbed.” :-p ))
[2015-02-21 17:13:50] <sila> “When you soil yourself, unable to move for days on end, will someone clean you, or will we find you by the scent of your own filth you are unable to tend?”
[2015-02-21 17:13:53] <rkcgm> Ellie is able to discover that the mage is staying barely two blocks away, at a very upscale boarding house.
[2015-02-21 17:14:21] * Ellie is most fully content to withdraw from his mind quietly.
[2015-02-21 17:14:48] * Sila doesn’t know how timely her question was to Ellie’s investigation
[2015-02-21 17:15:12] <rkcgm> Nicodemus: “I’m sure I’ll be free long before that happens. When I get free, I will make sure to drown you in your own filth, you smug wench.”
[2015-02-21 17:16:05] * Ellie decides to put on a bit of an act, herself. She looks from ‘Nicodemus’ to the Grand Duchess. “Your Grace, I don’t like how he looks at you. This is proving fruitless. We should withdraw from him.”
[2015-02-21 17:16:55] <rkcgm> Candela: “Very well.”
[2015-02-21 17:17:07] <sila> “You can’t get free, you have to answer the phone.”
[2015-02-21 17:17:54] <rkcgm> Candela rises and leaves the room.
[2015-02-21 17:18:20] * Ellie doesn’t look at ‘Nicodemus’ again, and positioning herself between Candela and his line of vision. walks with the Grand Duchess to the door.
[2015-02-21 17:19:38] <rkcgm> Llewelyn follows the ladies out.
[2015-02-21 17:19:40] <sila> “And check twitter. And read facebook. And then check your phone again. I’ve seen it before, nasty trap.”
[2015-02-21 17:20:18] <rkcgm> Nicodemus looks at Sila with a face that says The what and the what and the what?
[2015-02-21 17:20:29] * Havrasti goes with them
[2015-02-21 17:20:48] <havrasti> “You forgot email, Sila.”
[2015-02-21 17:21:21] <sila> “Indeed.”
[2015-02-21 17:21:48] <sila> “Heh, he looks confused though. Maybe he can’t read?”
[2015-02-21 17:22:26] * Sila makes no move to get up – she’s worried about N. unlooping himself by killing the ring-bearer and doesn’t want to leave him unattended
[2015-02-21 17:23:47] * Ellie waits until the others have joined her outside.
[2015-02-21 17:23:56] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well?”
[2015-02-21 17:24:13] <sila> “Poor Luddite, all the interesting people are leaving – now it’s just you and your ring-bearer’s nurse. Shall I sing you a song…?”
[2015-02-21 17:25:08] <havrasti> “You’ll be fine staying there, Sila?”
[2015-02-21 17:25:31] <sila> “I’m good.”
[2015-02-21 17:26:10] <sila> “His body may be elsewhere, but his mind is here – if he tries any magic, I’m gonna enchant his head so he can’t think whole sentences without triggering the song that doesn’t end.”
[2015-02-21 17:27:10] <ellie> To the others outside – and well out of hearing of the door – Ellie relates what she discovered about his name, purpose, and location.
[2015-02-21 17:27:33] * Sila sings camp songs to her victim :P
[2015-02-21 17:28:39] * Havrasti thinks about making a quip about not playing with your food, but decides against it, doesn’t want to give away we’re dragons if he doesn’t already know ;)
[2015-02-21 17:28:54] <rkcgm> Nicodemus thinks Sila is crazy, but clearly doesn’t intend to let it get under his skin.
[2015-02-21 17:28:55] * Sila waves something vaguely wand-shaped at the man (it’s a pocket stylus for touch screens, but he won’t know that most likely :P )
[2015-02-21 17:31:23] <ellie> While talking outside, Ellie also warns the Marquis and the Grand Duchess, “The man is… nightmarish. He was planning his murder of Her Grace as he watched us, and…” Ellie shudders. “He must not be allowed near you, Your Grace.”
[2015-02-21 17:32:09] <rkcgm> Candela: “I don’t feel any pressing need to disagree.”
[2015-02-21 17:42:53] <sila> “76 bottles of beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer!”
[2015-02-21 17:42:57] <rkcgm> The Marquis cracks his knuckles. “Please tell me we know where he is.”
[2015-02-21 17:43:23] <havrasti> ((fortuantely, not at Zita’s))
[2015-02-21 17:44:29] <ellie> “Oh, ah, maybe you hadn’t arrived yet. He’s in [names hostelry nearby].”
[2015-02-21 17:45:10] <sila> “There’s a hole! There’s a hole! There’s a hole in the bottom of the sea!”
[2015-02-21 17:45:23] <ellie> “So yes, that is good news. We do know his location. But he’s a professional assassin, paid a premium because he’s specifically a mage-killer. We’re going to have to be exceptionally careful.”
[2015-02-21 17:46:38] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Exceptionally careful, or exceptionally violent.”
[2015-02-21 17:47:31] <rkcgm> Candela: “No collateral damage.”
[2015-02-21 17:47:33] <sila> “…some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn’t eeeeend….”
[2015-02-21 17:48:17] <havrasti> “Well, if he’s still cometose, he should be easy to capture, right?”
[2015-02-21 17:48:44] * Ellie looks subdued. “Given what I saw of his mind… he is pretty far gone. Ultimately, I don’t know if it would be safe to let him live. But still… we wanted to find him. We know he’s from the Tesean kingdoms, but I didn’t think to look for who hired him. That may be important.”
[2015-02-21 17:49:15] <sila> “Jesus love you this I know, for the Bible tells me so, crazy-evil-mage-assassins still to him belong, they are weak but he is strong!”
[2015-02-21 17:49:54] <ellie> “And perhaps, but… I’d not wish to be overconfident with him. Killing mages is what he does for a living; I don’t want to underestimate him.”
[2015-02-21 17:50:08] <ellie> “He really may find a way out of the trap at the wrong time.”
[2015-02-21 17:50:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Then we’d best go at once.”
== END LOG ==

Log 063

Red King's Command BrockPaine