Log 062

== START LOG ==
[2015-02-14 13:36:29] <rkcgm> Well, lots of stuff has happened in the last day on your visit to Elmercina; and you probably have more to do before you’re ready to head home.
[2015-02-14 13:36:35] <rkcgm> You get a good night’s sleep, however, staying at Candela’s palace in the capital, and wake up refreshed for the day.
[2015-02-14 13:36:49] <sila> “ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzz….”
[2015-02-14 13:37:17] Ellie sleeps until a kitten pounces her hair.
[2015-02-14 13:37:53] Havrasti sleeps very soundly until the sun rises
[2015-02-14 13:38:28] Ellie thinks to her kitten, /Cinnamon! Why can’t you ever let me sleep in in the morning?!/
[2015-02-14 13:39:52] <ellie> Cinnamon purrs and snuggles and makes himself an adorable kitten. But doesn’t answer.
[2015-02-14 13:40:23] <sila> ((Kittens don’t understand “sleep in” – they sleep until hungry, then get food and pettins, then nap :P ))
[2015-02-14 13:40:56] Ellie sighs. She pets him for a minute, then gets up, dresses, and heads out of the room – with Cinnamon, so he doesn’t get the idea of disturbing Sila.
[2015-02-14 13:42:18] Ellie goes in search of food, both for herself and the kitten.
[2015-02-14 13:42:44] <rkcgm> Llewelyn is in a sitting room, idly plucking at and tuning a decorative harp.
[2015-02-14 13:43:35] Ellie hears the pluckings and goes to find the source of the sound.
[2015-02-14 13:43:43] <ellie> “Aaaah, Llewelyn, good morning!”
[2015-02-14 13:44:19] <rkcgm> Llewelyn looks up and smiles. “Oh, good morning, Ellie. Kitten wake you up?”
[2015-02-14 13:44:39] <ellie> "Indeed. He’s worse than an alarm clock.
[2015-02-14 13:44:45] <sila> zzzzz-
[2015-02-14 13:45:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Ahh…”
[2015-02-14 13:45:35] <sila> “Wuzzat – uh? Where… ohright, palace. What woke me up?”
[2015-02-14 13:45:43] <rkcgm> Llewelyn tightens a peg. “I think that’s done it…”
[2015-02-14 13:46:36] <rkcgm> Llewelyn plucks out a few quick notes. “The Grand Duchess is already awake, preparing for her state ball tonight. I think something is up.”
[2015-02-14 13:46:48] Havrasti knocks on Sila’s door as he goes by on the way to breakfast
[2015-02-14 13:46:53] <ellie> “Something up? In what way?”
[2015-02-14 13:47:16] <sila> “Oh! Must’ve missed a fist knock – coming! Just a minute!”
[2015-02-14 13:47:49] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Oh – nothing nefarious. I’m pretty sure. But Candela looks nervous. I have some theories… well.”
[2015-02-14 13:48:02] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “In any case… um…”
[2015-02-14 13:48:13] Havrasti wonders if Sila will notice the package he left last night
[2015-02-14 13:48:17] <ellie> “Heh. You’re being cryptic.”
[2015-02-14 13:48:32] Sila trips over a package
[2015-02-14 13:48:45] <sila> Wha-AH! Oof."
[2015-02-14 13:48:48] Havrasti hears a thump, “…guess she found it.”
[2015-02-14 13:48:50] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Cryptic is a wizard’s prerogative, doncha know.”
[2015-02-14 13:48:58] Ellie grins.
[2015-02-14 13:49:05] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “In any case, would you accompany me to the ball tonight?”
[2015-02-14 13:49:20] <sila> (mild groan) “Mabye two minutes…who’s there?”
[2015-02-14 13:49:35] <havrasti> “Just me, Sila. Heading to breakfast.”
[2015-02-14 13:50:04] <sila> “I’ll be down in a few – I tripped over some kind of box here, and I’m not all dressed yet.”
[2015-02-14 13:50:29] <sila> “Oh! A from-you box!”
[2015-02-14 13:50:57] Ellie looks only mildly puzzled, "Well, I *hadassumed we were all going to together, so… um… why would you need to ask?
[2015-02-14 13:51:01] <ellie> "
[2015-02-14 13:51:08] <havrasti> “Yes! A from-me box.”
[2015-02-14 13:51:35] <sila> *rip tear tape-pull"Ooooh."
[2015-02-14 13:51:48] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Oh, well. Havrasti and Sila are going as a couple, and I wanted to ask if you mumble mumble mumble.”
[2015-02-14 13:53:16] Ellie looks a little more confused, and blushes a little, “Umm… what was that?”
[2015-02-14 13:53:28] Sila wraps the dragon-sized veil around herself over her pajama tank-top until you can’t see the pajamas and opens the door
[2015-02-14 13:53:48] <sila> “Thank you!” *peck on the cheek *closes door again

[2015-02-14 13:54:12] Havrasti got a preview! smiles!
[2015-02-14 13:54:54] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I said, ‘I want to ask you to go with me to the ball.’ Cause I asked your parents’ permission before we left.”
[2015-02-14 13:56:35] Sila lays out the silks to let the folds relax and gets dressed for imvading foreign territory instead
[2015-02-14 13:57:56] <ellie> “Asked my…?” Ellie sits down, now blushing furiously and looking more confused. “Um… I… um…”
[2015-02-14 13:58:17] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “And I thought this ball tonight might be a good time to ask.”
[2015-02-14 14:12:54] Ellie pets Cinnamon absently, in a burning-nervous-energy manner. “Um… Llewelyn… if I understand you, I… I didn’t think…”
[2015-02-14 14:13:24] <ellie> “I didn’t think you… um… really?”
[2015-02-14 14:13:43] Ellie looks up, half nervous, half hopeful.
[2015-02-14 14:14:56] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Ah, hrm… You didn’t think that I would have any interest in you in that way?”
[2015-02-14 14:15:07] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well, I do, so there.”
[2015-02-14 14:16:34] Ellie shakes her head in answer to Llewelyn’s question, and sits silently for a few moments. At last, though, she smiles a little. “Well… then… yes. I’d love to go to the ball with you.”
[2015-02-14 14:17:07] <ellie> ^silently for a few moments after his answer.
[2015-02-14 14:17:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Excellent!”
[2015-02-14 14:18:09] <rkcgm> Llewelyn stands, grabs Ellie’s hand, bows, and kisses the back of her hand in a rather flamboyantly cavalier fashion.
[2015-02-14 14:18:56] Ellie can’t help grinning even more widely at his manner. “I thank you, gallant sir.”
[2015-02-14 14:19:12] <ellie> She stands along with him.
[2015-02-14 14:20:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “And now, I believe breakfast is going to be served in five or ten minutes – if that’s what I smell. I expect Sila and Havrasti will be down very shortly to investigate that bacon smell…”
[2015-02-14 14:20:40] <ellie> “Heh, yes. I’ll be surprised if we beat them down there, really.”
[2015-02-14 14:22:36] Havrasti is indeed there, and had dragged Sila there (before she could get any idea of interrupting :P ;) )
[2015-02-14 14:25:53] <rkcgm> Candela joins you for breakfast, but she looks distracted.
[2015-02-14 14:27:49] Ellie greets the Grand Duchess. “Good morning. I hope you rested well last night.”
[2015-02-14 14:28:08] <havrasti> “Hello, your Grace.”
[2015-02-14 14:28:11] <rkcgm> Candela: “Mostly.”
[2015-02-14 14:28:44] <ellie> “‘Mostly’? Is something troubling you?”
[2015-02-14 14:29:54] <rkcgm> Candela: “Many of the things that happened yesterday trouble me.”
[2015-02-14 14:30:22] <ellie> “Well, yes, that’s fair enough. And there are enough of them.”
[2015-02-14 14:31:13] <rkcgm> Candela: “So what are your plans for the day? I *dohope you will be available for the ball, tonight.”
[2015-02-14 14:31:51] <havrasti> “We should be.”
[2015-02-14 14:31:57] <sila> “We’re invading foreign territory and chasing a rogue mage, possibly into the den of an ancient dragon war construct. I hope we’ll be back for the ball too.”
[2015-02-14 14:32:15] Havrasti doesn’t state “unless some unforeseen arcane horror attacks us.”
[2015-02-14 14:32:50] <havrasti> “Well, yes, there is that.”
[2015-02-14 14:33:03] <ellie> “…When you put it that way… what a day. But yes, we’ve arranged with people back home to make an effort at finding the Countess.”
[2015-02-14 14:35:02] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Hopefully we’re able to pick up her trail today.”
[2015-02-14 14:37:06] Sila eats like food was going out of style
[2015-02-14 14:37:10] <rkcgm> Candela: “Well, I certainly wish you good fortune with your day’s endeavors. I fear I must attend to some of my own duties here, however…”
[2015-02-14 14:38:43] <sila> “Like we’d take a Christian head of state to Iraq anyway…”
[2015-02-14 14:39:00] <ellie> “Yeah, you wouldn’t want to come where we’re going.”
[2015-02-14 14:39:03] <rkcgm> Candela: “Unfriendly?”
[2015-02-14 14:39:09] <ellie> “Very. To say the least.”
[2015-02-14 14:39:26] <sila> “Murderously so.”
[2015-02-14 14:39:47] <havrasti> “Very hostile. One tends to lose one’s head unless you’re part of the dominant religion there.”
[2015-02-14 14:40:14] <ellie> “We’ve arranged for some of our military to cover us when we go back. But yeah…”
[2015-02-14 14:40:40] <rkcgm> Candela: “Be safe then, friends.”
[2015-02-14 14:40:55] <ellie> “We will certainly do our best.”
[2015-02-14 14:41:56] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Indeed.”
[2015-02-14 14:42:49] <ellie> As we’ve been talking, Ellie has been eating steadily. She’s just about done by this point in the conversation.
[2015-02-14 14:44:26] <rkcgm> Llewelyn finishes up his own breakfast. “Well, shall we get underway?”
[2015-02-14 14:44:40] Havrasti finishes up his third helping
[2015-02-14 14:45:00] <havrasti> “I guess so.”
[2015-02-14 14:45:43] <ellie> “I’m ready. Oh, um…. Grand Duchess – do you maybe have someone who could watch Cinnamon Sugar while we’re gone? We’ll have enough to think about today; I don’t want to take him with us. But I’d rather not leave him just locked in a room all day, either.”
[2015-02-14 14:46:42] <rkcgm> Candela: “Oh, it shan’t be a problem! I’ll take care of the little fellow myself.”
[2015-02-14 14:47:08] <ellie> “Oh! Well, I’ll happily leave him with you, though I didn’t mean to inconvenience you.”
[2015-02-14 14:47:29] <sila> “Good call. He’s assassin repellant anyway, and she needs it.”
[2015-02-14 14:47:45] <rkcgm> Candela: “Not at all. I like kittens.”
[2015-02-14 14:49:52] <ellie> “Okay, well, excellent. Thank you.”
[2015-02-14 14:51:13] <ellie> ((Ready to go. Shall we scene-skip to heading out?))
[2015-02-14 14:51:18] <rkcgm> ((Sure.))
[2015-02-14 14:54:26] <rkcgm> We all gather in Sila’s anteroom with anything we intend to take with us for travel.
[2015-02-14 14:54:52] Havrasti has the rifle he picked up from earlier
[2015-02-14 14:55:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn has the rifle that he acquired from the terrorist cell the previous day.
[2015-02-14 14:55:15] Ellie doesn’t actually have anything. She, of course, never picked up a rifle.
[2015-02-14 14:55:52] <ellie> She is, however, dressed in some of the clothing her mother charmed for her.
[2015-02-14 14:56:11] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Are we all ready?”
[2015-02-14 14:56:18] Sila has her armor and a *bigsack lunch for all in a backpack, so if this takes more than two portalings, she won’t end up starving of energy drain and dragon metabolism.
[2015-02-14 14:57:01] <sila> “OK, one portal to DEAR coming up.”
[2015-02-14 14:57:23] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Four to beam up, Sila!”
[2015-02-14 14:57:33] Havrasti laughs
[2015-02-14 14:57:34] <sila> “Heh.”
[2015-02-14 14:57:35] Ellie smirks
[2015-02-14 14:57:38] Sila does the magic
[2015-02-14 15:00:06] Ellie lets the others lead the way through the portal, and follows after them… probably alongside or soon after Llewelyn. ;-)
[2015-02-14 15:00:29] Havrasti looks to where we come out
[2015-02-14 15:00:48] Sila lands neatly in Douglas’s outer office again
[2015-02-14 15:01:05] <sila> “Hah, I’m getting the hang of compensating for the magnet I think.”
[2015-02-14 15:01:12] <rkcgm> Douglas is waiting for them, along with Hickory.
[2015-02-14 15:01:19] <ellie> “Good job, Sila.”
[2015-02-14 15:01:26] <havrasti> “Hello, sir.”
[2015-02-14 15:02:30] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Good evening.”
[2015-02-14 15:02:55] Ellie blinks. “Cross-world time differences. Somewhat disorienting. Good morning to you, too.”
[2015-02-14 15:03:13] <sila> “Good evening – oh, dear, we’re keeping you after hours, aren’t we? Sorry.”
[2015-02-14 15:04:14] <havrasti> “After hours? For an intelligence service? Is there such a thing?”
[2015-02-14 15:04:35] <sila> “If you’ve worked more than 8 in a period of 24…”
[2015-02-14 15:05:15] <sila> “Granted, that just means somebody else should be on-shift, but still.”
[2015-02-14 15:05:37] <sila> “Directors rarely do get to change shifts.”
[2015-02-14 15:06:11] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Quite. You might say I have to work like a dog.”
[2015-02-14 15:06:25] <sila> “Even dogs get to sleep sometime, sir.”
[2015-02-14 15:06:35] Ellie gives Douglas her bad-pun scowl. :-p
[2015-02-14 15:07:05] <havrasti> “So where is the SEAL team?”
[2015-02-14 15:07:40] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Gearing up in the garage.”
[2015-02-14 15:08:22] <sila> “Will they be using my portal for deployment, then?”
[2015-02-14 15:11:08] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Correct. We could not get them into Iraq without a lot of effort, otherwise.”
[2015-02-14 15:11:37] <sila> “I trust it will give the right set of Iraquis apoplexy.”
[2015-02-14 15:11:49] <ellie> “Heh.”
[2015-02-14 15:14:46] Havrasti waits till everyone is ready to be going. He’s wearing his special velcro-attached clothing for quickly and safely shifting out of
[2015-02-14 15:20:04] <rkcgm> ((er… moment plz))
[2015-02-14 15:23:24] <rkcgm> ((Okay, back.))
[2015-02-14 15:24:22] <rkcgm> The “SEAL” team is waiting in DEAR’s big indoor garage, fully kitted out with what is obviously all the latest in military equipment.
[2015-02-14 15:26:37] <sila> “Evening everyone. Hi Sean, nice to see you again. Shall I cast over here?”
[2015-02-14 15:27:16] <rkcgm> The senior SEAL spots Llewelyn and walks over. “Evening, Llew. We’re trotting out the firepower for this one, hey?”
[2015-02-14 15:28:12] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Hopefully unnecessary.”
[2015-02-14 15:28:23] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “In any case, let me make introductions.”
[2015-02-14 15:29:40] <rkcgm> Llewelyn turns to you all: “This is Captain Harald Amundsen, head of Seal Team Pi.”
[2015-02-14 15:30:19] Sila shakes hands
[2015-02-14 15:30:28] Havrasti does so as well
[2015-02-14 15:30:29] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Harald, meet Havrasti (dragon), Sila (dragon), and Ellie (half-elf).”
[2015-02-14 15:30:51] Ellie nods her head in greeting as she’s introduced.
[2015-02-14 15:31:27] <rkcgm> Harald: “A pleasure. Selkie. No, I will not balance a ball on my nose for fish.”
[2015-02-14 15:31:48] Ellie grins at that, but suppresses the laugh.
[2015-02-14 15:33:39] <sila> “Heh. I’m guessing you’re a great deal more fond of seafood than I am all the same.”
[2015-02-14 15:34:21] <rkcgm> Harald: “We receive our year-end bonus in halibut, ma’am.”
[2015-02-14 15:35:04] <sila> “Heh.”
[2015-02-14 15:36:13] <havrasti> “Ready to make the portal, Sila?”
[2015-02-14 15:36:25] <sila> “Whenever Llewelyn and Harald are ready.”
[2015-02-14 15:37:55] <rkcgm> Harald: “Right, ma’am. Director said we got a portal? Here’s the briefing. Bring up the portal. My team goes through for room-clearing; you follow us through. That work?”
[2015-02-14 15:38:20] <sila> “Works for me. This bay isn’t reserved parking is it?”
[2015-02-14 15:38:45] Sila commences making a portal in parking space #17
[2015-02-14 15:38:50] <rkcgm> Harald: “We’ve got it for the night.”
[2015-02-14 15:42:16] <rkcgm> !3d6: standard
[2015-02-14 15:42:16] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard”: (4+1+3). Total: 8.
[2015-02-14 15:42:21] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-14 15:42:22] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (3+4+6+6+2+6). Total: 27.
[2015-02-14 15:42:37] <sila> !2d6
[2015-02-14 15:42:37] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “2d6”: (2+1). Total: 3.
[2015-02-14 15:42:39] <havrasti> ((nice))
[2015-02-14 15:43:03] <rkcgm> ((Blue, but your slots are full and it goes to Party coin.))
[2015-02-14 15:43:08] <sila> ((indeed))
[2015-02-14 15:43:19] <rkcgm> ((In Soviet Russia, coin belongs to Party…))
[2015-02-14 15:43:42] <sila> “After you, gentlemen.”
[2015-02-14 15:44:21] <rkcgm> The SEALs all charge through.
[2015-02-14 15:45:54] Sila waits, silently counting seconds to keep perspective on the real length of the wait
[2015-02-14 15:46:26] <rkcgm> Llewelyn shrugs and goes right after the SEALs.
[2015-02-14 15:46:38] Havrasti follows Llewlyn
[2015-02-14 15:46:48] Ellie follows after Llewelyn and Havrasti.
[2015-02-14 15:47:25] <sila> “298, 299, 300. Here I go.”
[2015-02-14 15:47:48] Sila goes through the portal and checks out the room.
[2015-02-14 15:48:55] <rkcgm> The room smells a bit rancid, but there do not appear to be any threats.
[2015-02-14 15:49:42] <rkcgm> Harald returns. “Looks deserted.”
[2015-02-14 15:49:52] <sila> “Doug told you about the guy you’re getting credit for rescuing, right? We found him right there. He’d been tied up for hours.”
[2015-02-14 15:51:48] <rkcgm> The chair is still sitting where you left it; but all of the bodies (and the weapons) are gone.
[2015-02-14 15:53:00] <sila> “Guess someone was left alive though…”
[2015-02-14 15:53:08] <ellie> “Looks like someone cleaned up and cleared out. Which was what Douglas expected.”
[2015-02-14 15:53:26] <sila> “I better get busy.”
[2015-02-14 15:53:26] <ellie> “Still, I’d hate to take our time around here and have someone wander back. Sila, any sense of the portal the Countess used?”
[2015-02-14 15:53:45] Sila examines the portal remnant
[2015-02-14 15:54:02] <rkcgm> Harald: “Ja, these terrorists usually don’t stay in a place we’ve hit once. Like roaches under an overturned rock.”
[2015-02-14 15:54:43] <sila> “Mmmm…nothing like knowing you’re in the targeting sights I guess…”
[2015-02-14 15:55:00] Sila attempts to spin open the old portal again
[2015-02-14 15:55:03] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-14 15:55:04] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (4+4+6+5+2+3). Total: 24.
[2015-02-14 15:55:52] <rkcgm> !5d6: a little harder, since it’s approaching its expiration date.
[2015-02-14 15:55:53] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “a little harder, since it’s approaching its expiration date.”: (1+2+3+6+4). Total: 16.
[2015-02-14 15:56:01] <rkcgm> ((Success.))
[2015-02-14 15:56:19] <sila> “Well, what do we have behind door number three…?”
[2015-02-14 15:56:21] Sila looks
[2015-02-14 15:57:55] <havrasti> “Shouldn’t the SEAL team chekc first?”
[2015-02-14 15:58:40] <rkcgm> This portal – the one the Condessa used upon her departure – looks out onto a stony flat space under a sunset sky.
[2015-02-14 15:58:47] <sila> “I thought they were sticking to anti-terrorist and rescue explanation operations? Not that I’m complaining if they want to check it out.”
[2015-02-14 15:59:26] <ellie> “We can probably check it out more safely than they can. Invisibility, remember?”
[2015-02-14 16:00:05] <sila> “This view is pretty but not incredibly revealing… Yeah, invisiblity.”
[2015-02-14 16:00:51] Sila turns invisible and stabilizes the portal to DEAR so it won’t close on the SEALs while we’re checking.
[2015-02-14 16:01:07] <sila> ((er…in the opposite order :P ))
[2015-02-14 16:01:19] <ellie> “Llewelyn, Havrasti, want to stick close enough to me that I can get all three of us?”
[2015-02-14 16:01:37] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Sure.”
[2015-02-14 16:01:48] <rkcgm> !3d6: standard difficulty
[2015-02-14 16:01:49] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard difficulty”: (3+1+4). Total: 8.
[2015-02-14 16:01:51] <ellie> !6d6: Int for lightbending
[2015-02-14 16:01:52] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Int for lightbending”: (3+5+3+6+5+6). Total: 28.
[2015-02-14 16:01:59] <rkcgm> ((Crit))
[2015-02-14 16:02:02] <ellie> !2d6: crit
[2015-02-14 16:02:02] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “crit”: (2+4). Total: 6.
[2015-02-14 16:02:07] <rkcgm> ((Red))
[2015-02-14 16:03:28] Havrasti stands close to Ellie for the invisi
[2015-02-14 16:03:35] Ellie renders Havrasti, Llewelyn and herself invisible and proceeds through the portal.
[2015-02-14 16:06:36] <rkcgm> On the other side of the portal, you find yourself on a flat-topped rocky outcropping that rises above the surrounding forest. The sun is setting in the west.
[2015-02-14 16:07:22] <rkcgm> The outcropping appears to be cleared of bushes and trees.
[2015-02-14 16:08:30] Havrasti looks around for any buildings
[2015-02-14 16:08:59] <rkcgm> You can see no buildings.
[2015-02-14 16:09:05] Sila searches for threats, portal remnants, obvious routes of non-magical egress (other than flying), and/or anything that might indicate the presence of an ‘embodiment of ancient dragon malice’
[2015-02-14 16:09:38] <havrasti> “Anything come up on telepathy, Ellie?”
[2015-02-14 16:10:23] <ellie> “Aaah, I’ll try listening.” She’d had her attention focused on her non-magical senses so far…
[2015-02-14 16:10:37] Ellie tries to see if she can sense any thoughts in the area.
[2015-02-14 16:10:44] <ellie> !6d6: telepathy
[2015-02-14 16:10:44] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy”: (4+5+1+2+2+3). Total: 17.
[2015-02-14 16:11:08] <rkcgm> ((Sila, perception intermediate. Ellie, your check will be against intermediate as well.))
[2015-02-14 16:11:17] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-14 16:11:18] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (6+5+3+4+5+1). Total: 24.
[2015-02-14 16:11:20] <rkcgm> !4d6: for Sila’s perception
[2015-02-14 16:11:20] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “for Sila’s perception”: (6+3+5+6). Total: 20.
[2015-02-14 16:11:31] <rkcgm> !4d6: for Ellie’s telepathy
[2015-02-14 16:11:31] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “for Ellie’s telepathy”: (5+2+3+4). Total: 14.
[2015-02-14 16:12:06] <sila> ((anybody got a coin that’ll let me keep that 65?))
[2015-02-14 16:12:17] <ellie> ((I have only reds, I think))
[2015-02-14 16:12:23] <rkcgm> ((You can use the team blue.))
[2015-02-14 16:12:35] <sila> ((just checking if people had one first ;) ))
[2015-02-14 16:12:38] <rkcgm> ((I think all other coins out there are reds.))
[2015-02-14 16:13:01] <rkcgm> ((If you want to toss out a red, I’ll have Llewelyn do the same.))
[2015-02-14 16:13:13] <sila> ((OK that works too))
[2015-02-14 16:13:33] <rkcgm> !4d6: GM reroll forced
[2015-02-14 16:13:33] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “GM reroll forced”: (5+4+3+1). Total: 13.
[2015-02-14 16:14:03] <rkcgm> ((Okay, in turn… Sila first.))
[2015-02-14 16:15:31] <rkcgm> Sila spots no visible threats, but she does spot a very narrow path that seems to lead off this butte. As for portal remnants… Sila strongly thinks that there are several, including some very recent ones close by.
[2015-02-14 16:16:13] <rkcgm> Ellie: you detect no sapient beings within your radius; but the woods are full of various wildlife.
[2015-02-14 16:16:20] <sila> “Aw man. There’s /more than one/ portal here.”
[2015-02-14 16:16:38] <sila> “More than one recently, even.”
[2015-02-14 16:17:00] <havrasti> “….Well that’s… she could be anywhere”
[2015-02-14 16:17:34] Ellie says nothing, but does look like she’s concentrating. She is, in fact, going to try and contact one of the nearby animals to see if they can tell anything about what’s happened here over the last day or so.
[2015-02-14 16:17:38] <sila> “That’s been true for hours, but still.”
[2015-02-14 16:17:46] <ellie> !6d6: animal telepathy
[2015-02-14 16:17:47] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “animal telepathy”: (1+5+3+6+6+4). Total: 25.
[2015-02-14 16:17:57] <rkcgm> !3d6: difficulty
[2015-02-14 16:17:58] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “difficulty”: (4+4+6). Total: 14.
[2015-02-14 16:18:27] <sila> “I’m going to go tell the Seals we’re off to play portal, and make sure the homeward one stays stable and closes cleanly. Be right back.”
[2015-02-14 16:19:05] <rkcgm> A hawk launches itself from one of the close-by trees, and wings across to land on a rock, looking at Ellie.
[2015-02-14 16:20:13] Ellie looks back, and mentally asks, /Have you been around area since the last time the sun passed? We are looking for someone like us who was here during that time./
[2015-02-14 16:21:56] <rkcgm> The hawk cocks its head, flutters its wings, responds <my>
[2015-02-14 16:23:17] Ellie asks, /Have you seen anyone come out of a thing like that,/ Ellie points toward the portal, /and if so, can you tell me where they went?/
[2015-02-14 16:23:23] Sila updates the SEALs, then pauses to examine the portal again now that it’s open and everything…does this point to Earth, Esserea, or Elsewhere?
[2015-02-14 16:23:40] <rkcgm> ((Sila: goes back to Esserea.))
[2015-02-14 16:24:27] Sila quietly returns to the butte, trying not to disturb the bird Ellie seems to be talking to
[2015-02-14 16:25:33] <rkcgm> Hawk: <yes,>
[2015-02-14 16:25:53] Ellie nods. /She would be the one we’re looking for./
[2015-02-14 16:27:29] Ellie adds, /Can you tell me whether she remained here or left through another like that?/ She indicates the portal again.
[2015-02-14 16:29:05] <rkcgm> The hawk flutters its wings. <she>
[2015-02-14 16:30:03] Ellie thinks for a moment, then ask, /Aaah. Do you happen to remember above which part of the ground the portal she went through was located?/
[2015-02-14 16:31:43] <rkcgm> Hawk: <they>
[2015-02-14 16:32:59] Ellie nods. /Oh, well. I thank you very much for your help; it is important that we find that we find this person. Is there anything I might do to show you my thanks? If it is in my power, I will try./
[2015-02-14 16:33:41] <rkcgm> The hawk tilts its head. <mouse?>
[2015-02-14 16:34:11] Ellie replies, /Let me see if I can do that./
[2015-02-14 16:34:46] <ellie> “Llewelyn, our friend here has given me good information. Do we have a mouse we might give her in return.”
[2015-02-14 16:35:02] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “A mouse? Well, no…”
[2015-02-14 16:35:03] Sila snerks
[2015-02-14 16:35:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn gets some beef jerky out of his satchel. “Here, try this.”
[2015-02-14 16:35:38] <sila> “Should we add that to our standard supply list? Small predator treats?”
[2015-02-14 16:35:47] Ellie shrugs and takes the beef jerky from Llewelyn, then turns to the hawk, /We have no mice, but would you like this?/
[2015-02-14 16:36:03] <rkcgm> Hawk: <noms>
[2015-02-14 16:36:06] <havrasti> “To go with the big predator treats?”
[2015-02-14 16:36:29] Ellie smiles. /Thank you again. I bid you farewell; we need to find the person we seek./
[2015-02-14 16:36:32] <sila> “Big predator…? Oh, you mean the lunch bag.”
[2015-02-14 16:37:07] <ellie> Then she turns to Sila, “So, Sila, our Countess *didleave by a portal, and she cast multiple portals at the same time, most likely to confuse the trail.”
[2015-02-14 16:37:35] <sila> “Lovely. I’m pretty sure we’re on Esserea now, by the way, and I’ve closed both portals on our own back-trail.”
[2015-02-14 16:38:35] <sila> “I wonder how she knew a world-walker was following her? Did she have that much information about us specifically?”
[2015-02-14 16:38:52] <ellie> “Maybe she’s just prepared for everything?”
[2015-02-14 16:39:01] <ellie> “Habit, kind of?”
[2015-02-14 16:39:09] <sila> “Maybe. Well. Let’s see what I can learn from this batch.”
[2015-02-14 16:39:41] Sila examines the newest set of portal remnants, trying to gauge probable destinations if she can.
[2015-02-14 16:40:05] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Maybe she got a sense of you from when we faced off with her earlier.”
[2015-02-14 16:40:58] <sila> “Can you learn someone’s specialties that easily? I want to learn how, if so. Meantime, though…”
[2015-02-14 16:41:09] <sila> !6d6: int to evaluate portal remnants
[2015-02-14 16:41:10] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “int to evaluate portal remnants”: (6+4+2+1+3+6). Total: 22.
[2015-02-14 16:41:40] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I certainly can’t, and I somehow doubt she’s had as much experience at magic as I and my family have had.”
[2015-02-14 16:41:51] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus difficult
[2015-02-14 16:41:52] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult”: (5+3+4+6+4). Total: 22.
[2015-02-14 16:42:00] <havrasti> “You only need the right experience.”
[2015-02-14 16:42:04] <rkcgm> ((Barely succeeds.))
[2015-02-14 16:43:46] <rkcgm> Sila: it looks like the countess opened up three portals right in a row on aaaalmost the same spot.
[2015-02-14 16:44:52] <rkcgm> All three of the portals angle off to different places.
[2015-02-14 16:46:05] <sila> ((naturally))
[2015-02-14 16:46:20] <ellie> ((Can Sila tell anything about where these portals go?))
[2015-02-14 16:47:05] <sila> ((Or about how long they were open, or anything else about them that might give us a clue which one she went through – or at least let us eliminate one?))
[2015-02-14 16:48:07] <rkcgm> All three of the places are in Esseria. There does seem to be a bit of a “portal echo” that is weaker for one of the portals.
[2015-02-14 16:50:18] <sila> ((none of the places feel familiar I take it?))
[2015-02-14 16:50:50] <rkcgm> ((Not to you, no.))
[2015-02-14 17:13:32] <sila> “Hmm. I guess this outward-most one isn’t the one she used. Not sure about these other two, though.”
[2015-02-14 17:14:55] <sila> “It’s a flip of the coin if we get the right portal on the first try, really. I hope she hasn’t been doing this nonsense all day.”
[2015-02-14 17:15:06] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Can you tell where the other two go?”
[2015-02-14 17:15:24] <sila> “Places in Esserea, nothing more definite than that. Not places I know.”
[2015-02-14 17:15:40] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Hm. Should we try one, then?”
[2015-02-14 17:16:13] <havrasti> “Sure, Sila, label one A and one B.”
[2015-02-14 17:16:17] <sila> “I guess. Let’s start with the furthest one from the dud, just because.”
[2015-02-14 17:16:52] Sila scratches an A and B on the ground, and commences opening B
[2015-02-14 17:18:41] <rkcgm> !4d6: intermediate
[2015-02-14 17:18:41] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “intermediate”: (2+1+4+2). Total: 9.
[2015-02-14 17:18:49] <sila> !6d6: door #4
[2015-02-14 17:18:50] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “door #4”: (6+1+5+3+6+2). Total: 23.
[2015-02-14 17:21:43] <rkcgm> Sila successfully opens a portal .
[2015-02-14 17:21:59] <sila> “Let’s see what we have where….”
[2015-02-14 17:22:40] Havrasti peeks through the portal with Sila
[2015-02-14 17:23:36] <rkcgm> The portal empties into a large booth with a door.
[2015-02-14 17:24:12] <sila> “Well that’s enlightening. Shall I open the other one and look through first, or shall we see what’s on the other side of that door first?”
[2015-02-14 17:26:11] <havrasti> “Open the other, yes.”
[2015-02-14 17:26:21] <sila> “Right. One moment.”
[2015-02-14 17:26:35] Sila walks around the portal and attacks the other remnant from the other side.
[2015-02-14 17:26:39] <sila> !6d6
[2015-02-14 17:26:40] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (6+4+6+2+1+6). Total: 25.
[2015-02-14 17:26:58] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus
[2015-02-14 17:26:59] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (5+5+5+1). Total: 16.
[2015-02-14 17:28:17] <sila> ((whoo still 2 uncancelled 6s – second crit of the day!))
[2015-02-14 17:28:21] <sila> !2d6
[2015-02-14 17:28:22] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “2d6”: (4+4). Total: 8.
[2015-02-14 17:28:52] <rkcgm> ((Red again))
[2015-02-14 17:30:00] Sila looks through portal A
[2015-02-14 17:30:33] <rkcgm> The second portal leads to something that looks suspiciously like a stable, considering that there’s a horse looking at you quizzically.
[2015-02-14 17:30:47] <sila> “Heloooo, horse.”
[2015-02-14 17:30:56] <rkcgm> Horse whickers.
[2015-02-14 17:30:58] Ellie hears Sila. “Oooh, let me ask him if he’s seen anyone.”
[2015-02-14 17:31:15] <sila> “What do you think, guys? Shall we bet on the contessa not to have sullied her feet with – oh, good idea.”
[2015-02-14 17:31:18] Ellie peeks in, and telepathies to the horse, /Has a woman come through here, through an opening like this?/
[2015-02-14 17:31:30] <rkcgm> !3d6: versus
[2015-02-14 17:31:31] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (3+5+2). Total: 10.
[2015-02-14 17:31:39] <ellie> !6d6: telepathy roll
[2015-02-14 17:31:39] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy roll”: (6+3+5+4+1+4). Total: 23.
[2015-02-14 17:32:52] <rkcgm> Horse: <the>
[2015-02-14 17:33:37] Ellie asks, /Are there any others who have been in the stable longer than you? We need to know if a woman came through this opening within the last day./
[2015-02-14 17:34:34] <rkcgm> Horse: <innkeeper’s><rkcgm> Donkey: <…nooo,>
[2015-02-14 17:37:04] Ellie smiles. /Aah, thank you, then. That tells me what I need to know./ She turns her head back a little. “Umm… I really should begin carrying treats on me, myself. But do we happen to have, oh, a couple apples or sugar cubes on us?”
[2015-02-14 17:37:20] <ellie> “Also, this isn’t the one. They haven’t seen anyone come through.”
[2015-02-14 17:37:36] <sila> “…I have some loose sugar for the tea…”
[2015-02-14 17:37:37] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “No… but let me give this a try…”
[2015-02-14 17:38:01] <rkcgm> !8d6: Llewelyn does magic versus difficult
[2015-02-14 17:38:01] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn does magic versus difficult”: (2+6+5+2+1+5+4+5). Total: 30.
[2015-02-14 17:38:09] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus difficult
[2015-02-14 17:38:10] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult”: (5+6+3+3+2). Total: 19.
[2015-02-14 17:38:58] <rkcgm> Llewelyn reaches into his satchel, pulls out a magazine of ammunition, pokes through it again, and finds an apple.
[2015-02-14 17:39:34] Ellie smiles. “Aaah, maybe we can cut it in half? Both the horse and the donkey helped.”
[2015-02-14 17:40:36] Ellie takes the apple. “Sila, you said you packed lunch. Did you bring a knife?”
[2015-02-14 17:41:27] <sila> “A /butter/ knife. A plastic butter knife.”
[2015-02-14 17:41:51] <sila> “Here, give me a second.”
[2015-02-14 17:41:55] <rkcgm> Llewelyn also provides the knife. A combat knife, but still a knife.
[2015-02-14 17:42:09] <sila> “…ah never mind.”
[2015-02-14 17:42:25] Ellie takes Llewelyn’s knife, cuts the apple in half, and gives a half each to the donkey and the horse. /Our thanks to you both. You’ve helped us tremendously./
[2015-02-14 17:43:06] Ellie backs out once the animals have had their treat. “Well, sounds like the other one is our lead.”
[2015-02-14 17:43:44] Havrasti heads back through the portal
[2015-02-14 17:44:33] <sila> “Figures she wouldn’t actually use an exit in a stable, if you ask me. She’s too fond of her dignity and showy wealth.”
[2015-02-14 17:44:50] Sila closes portal A and steps into the booth
[2015-02-14 17:45:44] Ellie quietly suggests, “Before we go beyond the door, maybe I’d better Listen to see if anyone’s around.”
[2015-02-14 17:45:53] <rkcgm> The booth is very quiet – large enough for the four of you, but not much more space beyond that.
[2015-02-14 17:45:58] <sila> “Please do.”
[2015-02-14 17:46:08] Sila turns invisible while she’s at it.
[2015-02-14 17:46:13] <rkcgm> There is a small window in one wall, as well.
[2015-02-14 17:46:37] Ellie gives her telepathy a work-out once again. “Aaah, yes. That,” she adds, also quietly, as she sees Sila disappear. Will do that when we’re ready to go out.
[2015-02-14 17:46:49] <ellie> !6d6: Telepathy Listening
[2015-02-14 17:46:49] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Telepathy Listening”: (5+6+6+1+1+5). Total: 24.
[2015-02-14 17:46:55] <rkcgm> !4d6
[2015-02-14 17:46:56] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “4d6”: (3+4+6+6). Total: 19.
[2015-02-14 17:47:41] <rkcgm> ((Success – although it is unapparent at first, since there’s only one person nearby, and he’s sleeping. A lot of mental activity, you know?
[2015-02-14 17:48:41] Ellie telepathies to the others in turn, /We have a sleeper nearby – maybe we’re in a closet or wardrobe? In any case, though, if we keep it quiet and stay invisible, maybe we’ll be able to sneak through./
[2015-02-14 17:49:01] Ellie next commences the invisibility thing for Havrasti, Llewelyn, and herself.
[2015-02-14 17:49:25] <rkcgm> !2d6: easy, since it’s easy to be invisible to someone who’s sleeping
[2015-02-14 17:49:25] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “easy, since it’s easy to be invisible to someone who’s sleeping”: (4+3). Total: 7.
[2015-02-14 17:49:35] <ellie> !6d6: invisible
[2015-02-14 17:49:35] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “invisible”: (1+6+3+3+4+4). Total: 21.
[2015-02-14 17:49:54] Havrasti follows with the group
[2015-02-14 17:50:27] <rkcgm> You exit the booth and immediately find… you are in a sort of chapel.
[2015-02-14 17:50:52] Ellie looks around to see if she can find the sleeper within sight.
[2015-02-14 17:51:07] Sila stifles a snigger – did we come out of a confessional?
[2015-02-14 17:51:24] <rkcgm> The priest is, in fact, taking a nap on one of the back pews. It’s clearly very comfy…
[2015-02-14 17:51:31] <rkcgm> ((Yes, you did.))
[2015-02-14 17:51:46] Havrasti looks for any names or symbols
[2015-02-14 17:52:21] Ellie telepathies to the others, again each in turn, /Well, I’m guessing if he had been here when she arrived, he wouldn’t be alive to be napping right now… maybe that’s assuming too much, though./
[2015-02-14 17:53:18] <sila> (normal whispering) “Let’s go find a bulletin or something and see where we are.”
[2015-02-14 17:54:05] Ellie whispers, “Fair enough. Also, let’s get out of here to where we can actually talk.”
[2015-02-14 17:54:31] <rkcgm> Llewelyn gets the door.
[2015-02-14 17:55:13] Ellie follows post-haste. Once we near the door, she also asks the others in a whisper, “Want me to let down the invisibility?”
[2015-02-14 17:55:51] <rkcgm> Llewelyn nods.
[2015-02-14 17:56:08] Ellie accordingly lets her group visible again.
[2015-02-14 17:56:40] Sila follows the group but stays invisible, just in case
[2015-02-14 17:57:13] <ellie> Upon the opening of the chapel door, Ellie peeks out – before stepping out.
[2015-02-14 17:59:03] <rkcgm> There seems to be a normal city outside the door – looking suspiciously akin to Elmercina’s capital.
[2015-02-14 17:59:18] <ellie> “Uh, guys? We may be back in Elmercina…”
[2015-02-14 17:59:19] <havrasti> ((thought so! :P ))
[2015-02-14 17:59:22] Ellie steps out.
[2015-02-14 17:59:47] <sila> “We did send someone to make sure she wasn’t actually at home, didn’t we?”
[2015-02-14 18:00:03] <havrasti> they’ve been watching, yes
[2015-02-14 18:00:06] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “The Grand Duchess did, yes.”
[2015-02-14 18:01:42] <sila> “Oh boy.”
[2015-02-14 18:02:11] <ellie> “What do you think, guys? I’m not sure we have any way of tracking her at this point, but I do think it would be best to go warn the Grand Duchess.”
[2015-02-14 18:02:37] <sila> “Let’s see if the chaplain saw anything, and then go warn her.”
[2015-02-14 18:02:49] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I suppose we could ask the priest.”
[2015-02-14 18:03:04] <havrasti> “At this point, we might as well look more into researching the dragon war construct.”
[2015-02-14 18:03:21] <sila> “How do you propose we go about that?”
[2015-02-14 18:03:45] Havrasti shrugs, “We could find my parents and ask if they know.”
[2015-02-14 18:04:16] <sila> “True…We might possibly have copied a relevant book from the library, but that data isn’t indexed yet. Living memory would be better.”
[2015-02-14 18:05:55] <ellie> “Still, first things first – we ask the priest if we’re going to do so, and then we get to the palace. If the Countess is back, the Grand Duchess *reallyneeds to know.”
[2015-02-14 18:07:08] <havrasti> “Makes sense. After you.”
[2015-02-14 18:07:49] Sila gently shakes the priest’s shoulder
[2015-02-14 18:08:52] <rkcgm> Priest snorts. “Hrm, wha-?”
[2015-02-14 18:09:13] Sila might have forgotten to get visible :P
== END LOG ==

Log 062

Red King's Command BrockPaine