Log 060

== START LOG ==
[2015-01-31 14:37:28] <rkcgm> Last time, you battled the Condessa, who used worldporting skills to transport Havrasti and Sila, as well as the Grand Duchess Candela, out of the palace. Llewelyn and Ellie avoided the effect.
[2015-01-31 14:37:34] <rkcgm> Sila had a worrisome run-in with The Tadhg, who informed Sila that the Condessa had some manner of connection to a more malevolent power yet. Fortunately, The Tadhg released Sila, and she returned to DEAR headquarters in a hurry.
[2015-01-31 14:38:20] * Havrasti is still flying back
[2015-01-31 14:38:31] <sila> (TAKE ME HOME – I know the address there!)
[2015-01-31 14:38:42] <rkcgm> Also, Llewelyn made the mysterious comment that the Old Man of the Mountain did not have a heart attack, but rather his heart was attacked.
[2015-01-31 14:39:15] <rkcgm> !1d10: Minutes until Havrasti returns to the palace.
[2015-01-31 14:39:15] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “Minutes until Havrasti returns to the palace.”: (5). Total: 5.
[2015-01-31 14:39:25] <sila> ((I find this very much less mysterious than the Tadhg’s whole “my reach also exceeds my grasp” thing))
[2015-01-31 14:40:28] <rkcgm> Sila worldwalks herself into Douglas’s office, where he’s receiving a tummy-rub from Hickory’s foot.
[2015-01-31 14:41:23] <rkcgm> Hickory: “Who’s a good doggie? Who’s a good… hello, Sila.”
[2015-01-31 14:41:35] <rkcgm> Douglas: "…arf.
[2015-01-31 14:41:37] <sila> “Hi Douglass, have I got a report for you! I gotta make it quick though, stuff’s still going on – I just came here because it was easier than trying for a less-known place with the Tadgh watching me!”
[2015-01-31 14:41:38] <rkcgm> "
[2015-01-31 14:42:10] <rkcgm> Douglas: “I hope you intend to explain more than that.”
[2015-01-31 14:42:43] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Cause that sounds like I need to get the keys for launching the nukes…”
[2015-01-31 14:43:47] <sila> “Well, yeah, that’s not a report, just making sure I have your full attention – and I don’t have the right target for nukes yet, nevermind confirmation of the intelligence, ‘cause the Tadgh isn’t my idea of a reliable source, but let me start from the beginning here…”
[2015-01-31 14:45:09] <rkcgm> Douglas: “You certainly have my full attention…”
[2015-01-31 14:45:19] <rkcgm> << CUTSCENE! >>
[2015-01-31 14:46:15] <rkcgm> Llewelyn continues to study the Duchess’s court, muttering things to himself.
[2015-01-31 14:46:33] <ellie> “What do you mean, ‘had his heart attacked’?”
[2015-01-31 14:47:19] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “…yes, someone attempted to kill him with a very well-targeted electricity spell.”
[2015-01-31 14:48:09] <ellie> “Hmmm. Well, I suppose at some point we’re going to have to ask him why. I mean, it’s not like I can think of anyone else around who we could ask…”
[2015-01-31 14:48:30] * Ellie is still kinda agitated both about our missing friends and about the Grand Duchess and Marquis…
[2015-01-31 14:50:57] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Yeah. We’re still pretty clueless about who may be friends and enemies here…”
[2015-01-31 14:51:32] <rkcgm> !8d6: Llewelyn tries a detecting trick. (vs 6d6)
[2015-01-31 14:51:33] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn tries a detecting trick. (vs 6d6)”: (5+3+4+2+3+6+4+2). Total: 29.
[2015-01-31 14:51:37] <rkcgm> !6d6: versus
[2015-01-31 14:51:38] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (6+6+4+3+4+4). Total: 27.
[2015-01-31 14:52:19] <ellie> ((Offering blue…))
[2015-01-31 14:52:35] <rkcgm> ((I’ll go ahead and accept.))
[2015-01-31 14:52:44] <sila> ((or red if you’d prefer it?))
[2015-01-31 14:52:46] <rkcgm> ((Rerolling everything but the 6 and 5.))
[2015-01-31 14:53:03] <rkcgm> !6d6: reroll with 6 and 5
[2015-01-31 14:53:03] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “reroll with 6 and 5”: (3+4+6+1+3+6). Total: 23.
[2015-01-31 14:53:11] <rkcgm> ((Coin back.))
[2015-01-31 14:53:22] <ellie> !2d6
[2015-01-31 14:53:22] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “2d6”: (4+4). Total: 8.
[2015-01-31 14:53:26] <rkcgm> ((So 66654331.))
[2015-01-31 14:53:40] <rkcgm> ((Red.))
[2015-01-31 14:55:15] <rkcgm> Llewelyn holds out a hand and casts a special detecting trick he learned years ago. “Hmm…”
[2015-01-31 14:55:31] * Havrasti roars as he approaches the palace
[2015-01-31 14:56:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Interesting… whoever cast that spell was close, but outside the palace grounds. Oh! That sounds like Havrasti.”
[2015-01-31 14:57:05] * Ellie looks puzzled. “Someone… outside? Oy. This just gets more and more tangled. Ooooh, Havrasti! Good, someone’s back!”
[2015-01-31 14:57:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn heads out into the courtyard and waves at Havrasti.
[2015-01-31 14:57:51] * Ellie follows Llewelyn, exceptionally relieved, though of course not to be satisfied until everyone is back…
[2015-01-31 14:58:32] * Havrasti lands outside the front doors
[2015-01-31 14:58:53] * Havrasti is careful of any pikes that may be pointed his way
[2015-01-31 14:59:27] <rkcgm> The guards do have lots and lots of pikes, but they seem to be accepting (if wary) of Havrasti’s presence.
[2015-01-31 14:59:41] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Havrasti! Are you alone?”
[2015-01-31 15:00:21] <havrasti> “It’s just me, yes. Is Sila not back yet?”
[2015-01-31 15:00:36] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “We hoped she was with you.”
[2015-01-31 15:00:45] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Where’d you get ported to?”
[2015-01-31 15:01:08] <havrasti> “No, I just thought she might have been dumped up in the sky several miles away like I was and be back here soon.”
[2015-01-31 15:01:35] <havrasti> (I don’t think either of us saw waht happened to anyone else, being the first to be caught by a portal)
[2015-01-31 15:02:48] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “We dodged the ones aimed at us, and I whacked the Condessa through one of her own portals. Probably a bad move, in retrospect, since she escaped.”
[2015-01-31 15:03:17] * Havrasti huffs “Well hopefully she doesn’t know a flying spell.”
[2015-01-31 15:03:34] <ellie> “Meh, I was just happy to have her gone, though in retrospect… we don’t know where that means she’s gone to.
[2015-01-31 15:03:34] <rkcgm> ((need?))
[2015-01-31 15:03:54] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “We’re missing the Grand Duchess and the Marquis, too. We need to find Sila before we can hope to track them down.”
[2015-01-31 15:03:56] <rkcgm> ((nvm))
[2015-01-31 15:04:20] <havrasti> “Oh… that’s less good.”
[2015-01-31 15:05:03] <ellie> “Only reason we haven’t had quite enough chance to worry ourselves sick is that someone also tried to kill The Old Man of the Mountain.”
[2015-01-31 15:05:15] <ellie> “To thicken the plot, apparently someone from outside the room…”
[2015-01-31 15:05:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “That too.”
[2015-01-31 15:06:49] <havrasti> “I see.”
[2015-01-31 15:06:51] * Ellie kinda fidgets. “I… really wish there was something we could do to find Sila. But in absence of that… we probably should be going to visit the Old Man of the Mountain. …Anything we can be trying to unravel, so I don’t start pacing and wear down a rut in their lawn…”
[2015-01-31 15:08:08] <havrasti> (could Havrasti fit into the palace in full form?)
[2015-01-31 15:08:54] <rkcgm> ((Unlikely.))
[2015-01-31 15:09:08] <rkcgm> !1d3: possible with difficulty on a 1
[2015-01-31 15:09:08] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “possible with difficulty on a 1”: (3). Total: 3.
[2015-01-31 15:09:14] <rkcgm> ((Nope))
[2015-01-31 15:09:26] <havrasti> (alas)
[2015-01-31 15:09:45] * Havrasti considers options, "So do you think the immediate danger is done with?
[2015-01-31 15:10:09] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I think we’re down from ‘danger’ to merely ‘hazard’.”
[2015-01-31 15:11:03] <ellie> “Heh, def-con yellow rather than def-con red?”
[2015-01-31 15:11:25] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I’ll go with that description, Ellie.”
[2015-01-31 15:11:55] <havrasti> “I’ll wait out here in full form then.”
[2015-01-31 15:12:14] <havrasti> “A nice sunny day, and was good for a flight.”
[2015-01-31 15:12:48] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Well, keep your eyes open for Sila.”
[2015-01-31 15:13:06] <havrasti> “I will.”
[2015-01-31 15:13:22] * Havrasti then roars a long ranged call out for Sila, just in case
[2015-01-31 15:13:42] <rkcgm> Llewelyn gives an arm to Ellie and heads back inside. “I think we need to (obscured by roaring).”
[2015-01-31 15:14:55] <ellie> “Um… what was that?” Ellie glances back a little. “Havrasti knows how to time his roars. Ow…”
[2015-01-31 15:15:29] <sila> (In a distant world-plane, Sila talks very fast with few pauses and not nearly enough periods. The transcript if any will be terrible reading :P )
[2015-01-31 15:15:30] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Sorry. I think we should gather the Duchess’s courtiers and get them praying.”
[2015-01-31 15:15:45] <rkcgm> << CUTSCENE! >>
[2015-01-31 15:15:48] <sila> “So in summary: Someone is probably trying to start a war but /not us it’s not our fault/ and we haven’t eaten the Condessa even a little, unless Havrasti lost it while I was gone, but I doubt it, and now I need to get back before they really do panic or worse try to follow me somehow.”
[2015-01-31 15:16:06] * Sila takes a deep breath, now that she finally has a moment for one
[2015-01-31 15:16:13] <sila> “Any questions?”
[2015-01-31 15:16:36] <rkcgm> Douglas: “No questions, just a revision to the instructions I sent you.”
[2015-01-31 15:17:11] * Sila nods and listens
[2015-01-31 15:17:57] <rkcgm> Douglas: “You are no longer forbidden from eating the Condessa. Naturally, I hope it doesn’t come to that, but if it becomes necessary, we can rename her Condessa de la Kibble.”
[2015-01-31 15:18:22] <sila> “Hah. Gratefully noted.”
[2015-01-31 15:19:08] <sila> “Anything else before I start working on a portal back to the palace?”
[2015-01-31 15:19:25] <rkcgm> Douglas: “Now git along little dragon.”
[2015-01-31 15:19:55] * Sila grumbles something about people picking up habits from her mother and goes to the outer office to cast
[2015-01-31 15:21:43] <sila> !6d6: Int to construct a portal that lands outside the correct palace in the correct world
[2015-01-31 15:21:44] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “Int to construct a portal that lands outside the correct palace in the correct world”: (1+3+2+3+6+3). Total: 18.
[2015-01-31 15:22:03] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus roll
[2015-01-31 15:22:03] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (4+4+4+2). Total: 14.
[2015-01-31 15:22:33] <sila> “Oh, good, there’s Havrasti.”
[2015-01-31 15:22:43] <rkcgm> Sila’s portal appears right behind Havrasti.
[2015-01-31 15:22:47] |<—><sila> “Hello Havrasti!”
[2015-01-31 15:27:29] <sila> “How’s everything here? Everyone alive and accounted for I hope?”
[2015-01-31 15:27:53] <sila> “Anyone invite you to eat the Condessa?”
[2015-01-31 15:28:41] * Sila is still in humanoid form
[2015-01-31 15:28:46] <havrasti> “OH! Sila! Glad to see you’re safe.”
[2015-01-31 15:29:08] * Sila nimbly avoids Havrasti’s tail as he turns around
[2015-01-31 15:29:17] <havrasti> “I haven’t seen the Condessa yet, seems Llewelyn pushed her through one of her own portals.”
[2015-01-31 15:29:48] <sila> “Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person. I wonder where it went, though? She didn’t come out in the cage with me…”
[2015-01-31 15:30:38] <havrasti> “Cage? You didn’t get dropped out in the sky?”
[2015-01-31 15:31:16] <sila> “No, very neatly grounded actually. Um, ah… um. What say you shift and we go find Ellie and Llewelyn and her Grace so I only have to tell the story once?”
[2015-01-31 15:31:37] <havrasti> “Eh, ok.”
[2015-01-31 15:31:41] * Havrasti shifts…. oops
[2015-01-31 15:31:48] * Havrasti shifts again quickly
[2015-01-31 15:31:57] <havrasti> “…Right.”
[2015-01-31 15:31:59] <sila> “…you really are out of it.”
[2015-01-31 15:32:20] <havrasti> “Well, I did save my clothes from the sea at least.”
[2015-01-31 15:32:40] <sila> “From the sea?? Wait, are you saing you /were/ dropped out of the sky?”
[2015-01-31 15:32:41] <rkcgm> Some of the guards direct Havrasti to the stables.
[2015-01-31 15:32:56] * Havrasti looks around the grounds for some privacy, but then follows the helpful guards directions
[2015-01-31 15:32:57] * Sila goes along to the stables
[2015-01-31 15:33:06] <havrasti> “I was, yes.”
[2015-01-31 15:34:01] <havrasti> “Where were you dropped?”
[2015-01-31 15:34:06] <sila> “Why that evil – we must have gotten the wrong portals. You in the one meant for, say, Llewelyn and me in the one meant for you – did anyone else fall in?”
[2015-01-31 15:34:28] <sila> “Oooh, I’m going to eat her SO MUCH.”
[2015-01-31 15:34:37] * Havrasti shifts once in the stable
[2015-01-31 15:34:56] <rkcgm> Llewelyn and Ellie have rounded up half the servants and courtiers and have started a prayer session.
[2015-01-31 15:35:11] <havrasti> “Ellie told me the Duchess and the Marquis were trapped by one too.”
[2015-01-31 15:36:05] * Sila guards the entrance to a stall and keeps talking while Havrasti dresses
[2015-01-31 15:36:57] <sila> “That’s not good. But, speaking of telling people things! I stopped home and reported to Douglass on my way back, and he’s granted us permission to eat the Condessa if necessary after all.”
[2015-01-31 15:37:37] <sila> “Only it’s all complicated now – but I’ll explain that when everyone can hear like I said.”
[2015-01-31 15:37:48] <havrasti> “Oh good! I don’t have to file an accidental swallow report.”
[2015-01-31 15:38:12] <sila> “Might have been a black spot on your record, yeah. You ready?”
[2015-01-31 15:40:43] <havrasti> “Yes.”
[2015-01-31 15:40:54] <rkcgm> ((Ellie, roll perception, including Reading Faces, versus intermediate.))
[2015-01-31 15:40:58] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus
[2015-01-31 15:40:58] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (2+3+3+3). Total: 11.
[2015-01-31 15:41:00] * Havrasti walks out in his suit, a little wrinkled though
[2015-01-31 15:41:13] <ellie> !7d6: Perception, reading faces
[2015-01-31 15:41:14] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Perception, reading faces”: (2+4+3+1+1+3+1). Total: 15.
[2015-01-31 15:41:40] * Sila puts her arm through his and brushes the dust out of her formal skirt
[2015-01-31 15:42:13] <sila> “Well, we’re not quite polished anymore but I don’t think anyone will mind under the circumstances.”
[2015-01-31 15:42:30] <havrasti> “The palace itself probably needs some.”
[2015-01-31 15:42:40] <rkcgm> Ellie notices that, despite a lot of the servants and courtiers having readily agreed to the prayer session, now that they’re there, they seem to be particularly uncomfortable with Llewelyn’s prayer.
[2015-01-31 15:43:10] <havrasti> “Oh! Before I was caught by the portal I recall seeing the Condessa’s dress explode. We should see if there’s any jewels laying around free for the taking!”
[2015-01-31 15:43:33] <ellie> !6d6: intelligence – why are they uncomfortable?
[2015-01-31 15:43:34] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “intelligence – why are they uncomfortable?”: (5+2+4+6+2+4). Total: 23.
[2015-01-31 15:43:45] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus difficult
[2015-01-31 15:43:46] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult”: (3+4+5+4+4). Total: 20.
[2015-01-31 15:43:46] <sila> “Did you see if my spell worked? I was aiming to send her flying out of control all over the room…”
[2015-01-31 15:45:13] <rkcgm> Ellie: they seem to be a bit uncomfortable at the fact that he’s not reciting a pre-written prayer in High Formal Style, and also uncomfortable at the familiarity with which Llewelyn addresses God. This is clearly… Not Done in Elmercina.
[2015-01-31 15:45:57] * Ellie is perfectly comfortable with this, and grateful for it. And when it comes her turn to pray, she probably makes them uncomfortable, too. :-p
[2015-01-31 15:46:16] <havrasti> “That too, yes.”
[2015-01-31 15:47:09] <sila> “Well that’s one encouraging thing at least. I may not really get to eat her evil head off, but at least I got a good lick in, so to speak.”
[2015-01-31 15:47:11] <rkcgm> Llewelyn peeks when Havrasti and Sila enter the room, and indicates to Humble Prospero that it’s his turn to lead now. Then he whispers to Ellie to step out.
[2015-01-31 15:47:33] * Ellie nods and quietly withdraws along with Llewelyn.
[2015-01-31 15:48:11] * Havrasti goes quiet when he sees the prayer meeting
[2015-01-31 15:48:42] <sila> “Ah, there you two are! The guards said it’s a prayer meeting? Sounds like they’ve switched to some sort of chanting now…?”
[2015-01-31 15:49:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “…yes.”
[2015-01-31 15:49:22] <sila> “Well if everything’s stable I have…news.”
[2015-01-31 15:49:47] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Good to see you made it back. We were worried.”
[2015-01-31 15:50:01] * Sila nods
[2015-01-31 15:50:13] <ellie> “Yes! So glad you’re okay! And news… yes. We need to exchange news, and then we need to find the Grand Duchess.”
[2015-01-31 15:50:18] <sila> “Shall we go somewhere we can talk aloud?”
[2015-01-31 15:50:44] * Ellie nods agreement.
[2015-01-31 15:53:08] <rkcgm> A servant shows you a private sitting-room.
[2015-01-31 15:54:59] <ellie> “Okay, so… news from here: after you guys got portaled, the Grand Duchess and Marquis ended up going through one, too. Then the Contessa ended up going through one of her own portals. In the aftermath, we found that the Old Man of the Mountain was almost killed – at first we thought by a heart attack, but Llewelyn said it was actually a magical attack from outside.”
[2015-01-31 15:55:25] <ellie> “Okay, you guys? Havrasti flew back a while before you arrived, Sila.”
[2015-01-31 15:55:55] <havrasti> “My trip was rather boring, though in the good see the sights sort of way.”
[2015-01-31 15:56:36] <sila> "OK, so on my part, the good news is that I landed in a non-deadly if hostile location, and God being with me, the hostile parties consented to talk, to give me information, and to release me.
[2015-01-31 15:56:57] <sila> "The bad news is, said hostile party alledges that, and I quote, “an ancient embodiment of dragon malice” left over from some old dragon-elven war (I think?) has its hooks into the Condessa. And also maybe into him? He basically said straight out that he doesn’t care if /she/ lives or dies, but he wants the dragon war-thing dead.
[2015-01-31 15:57:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “…uh.”
[2015-01-31 15:57:28] <sila> “Aaaand the /insane/ news is that the hostile party in question is the /Tadgh/ and she ported me straight into his dragon cage. I want to eat her SO MUCH right now.”
[2015-01-31 15:57:55] <havrasti> “…”
[2015-01-31 15:58:11] * Havrasti speaks in a quiet, deadly voice, “You can have half of her.”
[2015-01-31 15:58:51] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Okay, not going to contest that claim. My teeth aren’t big enough.”
[2015-01-31 15:58:56] <sila> "Oh! But when I left I went back to DEAR first, because I wasn’t that confident of my ability to find the castle again with /him/ looking over my shoulder. So I’ve reported all this to Douglass, and he says we /can/ have her if necessary. Which probably doesn’t mean “if you’re mad enough” but the option is now open if she gives us another excuse."
[2015-01-31 15:59:30] * Ellie doesn’t comment on the talk of eating.
[2015-01-31 15:59:55] <ellie> It’s about as close to agreement as you’re going to get from her, even if it isn’t agreement, quite. :-p
[2015-01-31 15:59:59] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “So The Tadhg told you all this?”
[2015-01-31 16:01:18] <sila> "The Tadgh told me about the ancient dragon-malice thing, yeah. He was all “I care nothing for the puppet only the puppet master” and stuff. I don’t really /trust/ him as an informant, but on the other hand, if some dragons were fool enough to leave a war golem or something lying around, it /should/ be cleaned up."
[2015-01-31 16:02:20] <havrasti> “Most likely, yes.”
[2015-01-31 16:02:49] <sila> “I don’t take responsibility for everything done by all former dragons ever, but still…any old war equipment that can still harm people axiomatically needs to be disarmed by whomever learns about is as soon as safely possible. I’d feel the same way about a mine field, you know?”
[2015-01-31 16:03:13] <sila> “The implication that it is /alive/ is unnerving though.”
[2015-01-31 16:03:18] <ellie> “…So our to-do list has lengthened. Find the Grand Duchess and Marquis, find out why someone was trying to kill the Old Man of the Mountain, and find this mystery dragon war thing…”
[2015-01-31 16:03:22] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Interesting. I’ve never heard of such a thing… but if it’s true, it bears looking into.”
[2015-01-31 16:03:56] <sila> “Identify the outside mage that performed the attack…”
[2015-01-31 16:04:38] <sila> “Do you think we’re looking at a hitertoo unknown local, or a foreign mage?”
[2015-01-31 16:04:54] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I’m suspecting so.”
[2015-01-31 16:05:30] <sila> “…suspecting foreign influence other than ours you mean?”
[2015-01-31 16:06:04] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Apparently that was an either-or question. Yes, there’s some mage other than us and the four known Elmercina mages at work here.”
[2015-01-31 16:06:42] <sila> “Oy. Oh yeah. And the last item on the to-do list needs to be ‘turn over all spies and traitors not killed in the attempt to arrest them to local authorities,’ I guess.”
[2015-01-31 16:07:38] <ellie> “So, which comes first: investigate mages, which can be done here, or find the Grand Duchess and Marquis, who were probably sent to some place of danger? …Um, I’m guessing the latter…”
[2015-01-31 16:08:08] <sila> “What do we know about Elmercinian and/or International Esserean law on the subject of hostile spies…?”
[2015-01-31 16:08:21] <havrasti> “Probably better have Sila start on that, examination of the portals remnents while they last.”
[2015-01-31 16:08:43] <sila> “Good point. Portal remnants first, then allies, then enemies.”
[2015-01-31 16:09:11] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Right. Let’s find the Grand Duchess.”
[2015-01-31 16:11:31] * Sila finds a servant to lead her to the throne room and gets to work studying the magical remains
[2015-01-31 16:11:59] <rkcgm> ((Intelligence or magic versus difficult.))
[2015-01-31 16:12:03] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus
[2015-01-31 16:12:03] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (5+2+3+1+1). Total: 12.
[2015-01-31 16:12:24] <sila> !6d6: where have we what?
[2015-01-31 16:12:25] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “where have we what?”: (6+3+3+2+1+6). Total: 21.
[2015-01-31 16:13:55] <rkcgm> Sila determines that there were a good half-dozen portals the Condessa threw around, and half of them had multiple possible destinations. She easily pinpoints the one that vacuumed up her and Havrasti.
[2015-01-31 16:14:38] <rkcgm> Two portal-remnants are close at hand to where the Grand Duchess had been standing.
[2015-01-31 16:14:40] <sila> “Huh. It was one portal, and you just got lucky on which destination it picked.”
[2015-01-31 16:14:42] * Sila shivers
[2015-01-31 16:14:54] <sila> “Lucky or blessed, and I’m guessing the latter all things considered.”
[2015-01-31 16:16:48] * Sila considers the most nearly throneward portals
[2015-01-31 16:18:03] <havrasti> “The latter, yes.”
[2015-01-31 16:18:13] * Havrasti is still shocked that the Tadgh just let her go
[2015-01-31 16:19:12] <rkcgm> This portal seems to go to a place somewhere extremely far away; Sila cannot tell any more than that from this side without opening it.
[2015-01-31 16:19:31] <sila> “Hmm. Long range on this one.”
[2015-01-31 16:19:48] <sila> ((just one option here?))
[2015-01-31 16:20:00] <rkcgm> ((There’s two.))
[2015-01-31 16:20:13] * Sila considers the other before she starts opening things, then
[2015-01-31 16:20:40] <rkcgm> ((As stated earlier, Candela was targeted by two portals.))
[2015-01-31 16:21:04] <rkcgm> Sila thinks this one may – but not definitely – go to Earth.
[2015-01-31 16:21:59] <sila> “Huh. I’m not positive, but this one might actually be pointed at Earth. Maybe the Condessa was involved with the commie nutcase after all.”
[2015-01-31 16:22:17] <sila> “What do you think I should try first?”
[2015-01-31 16:23:02] <sila> “Earth-dangerous, or Esserea-dangerous?”
[2015-01-31 16:24:18] <ellie> “Hum, hard to tell. I don’t suppose there’s any way to tell which one did get her?”
[2015-01-31 16:24:33] <havrasti> “Hrrrmmmm.”
[2015-01-31 16:24:57] * Sila tries to figure out if one or both were actually used?
[2015-01-31 16:25:44] <rkcgm> ((It’ll be difficult – like analyzing the damage to a rickety bridge to see if a car drove over it. Roll intelligence.))
[2015-01-31 16:25:51] <rkcgm> !7d6: this is very difficult
[2015-01-31 16:25:52] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “this is very difficult”: (6+1+6+3+3+5+4). Total: 28.
[2015-01-31 16:26:01] <sila> !6d6: still worth a try
[2015-01-31 16:26:01] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “still worth a try”: (6+4+1+6+4+3). Total: 24.
[2015-01-31 16:26:22] <ellie> ((Hrm… any greens or blues out there?))
[2015-01-31 16:26:26] <havrasti> ((would you like a green?))
[2015-01-31 16:26:27] <ellie> ((Sooo close…))
[2015-01-31 16:26:38] <rkcgm> ((Havrasti has a green.))
[2015-01-31 16:26:43] <sila> ((OK, I’ll take the green))
[2015-01-31 16:26:58] <sila> !3d6: keeping 6,6,4
[2015-01-31 16:26:59] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “keeping 6,6,4”: (2+2+3). Total: 7.
[2015-01-31 16:27:05] <havrasti> ((booo :P ))
[2015-01-31 16:27:06] <sila> ((boo, hiss))
[2015-01-31 16:27:23] <rkcgm> ((I’m sorry, please roll that again. I didn’t see it.))
[2015-01-31 16:27:27] <sila> !3d6: keeping 6,6,4
[2015-01-31 16:27:28] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “keeping 6,6,4”: (4+3+2). Total: 9.
[2015-01-31 16:27:48] <rkcgm> ((Well, it doesn’t appear to have any effect.))
[2015-01-31 16:27:54] * Sila sighs
[2015-01-31 16:28:08] <havrasti> ((so what would you have got if you didn’t keep the 4?))
[2015-01-31 16:29:03] <rkcgm> Sila’s analysis of the two portals does lead her to think both portal potentials dump out in “safe” areas – namely, you’re not going to fall to your death when you go through.
[2015-01-31 16:29:56] <sila> "I can’t tell. They weren’t the most stable and coherent portals ever constructed in the first place, you know? I don’t know if I’m seeing “rough-transit” disruptions, or if I’m seeing “distracted caster” disruptions. I think they both exit to, like, solid ground though. Maybe the portals weren’t /meant/ to be deadly, and the one that hit Havrasti and I was “the dragon portal.”
[2015-01-31 16:30:38] <ellie> “Hmmm. Well, I suppose there’s nothing for it but trial and error, then…”
[2015-01-31 16:31:40] <sila> “We could try finding the Condessa first, if we know for sure-er which portal she went through? She might be able to tell us what we’re looking at. And willingness can be improved variously at need.”
[2015-01-31 16:32:33] <ellie> “…I am not comfortable leaving the Grand Duchess and Marquis wherever they were sent longer than necessary. Those portals may lead to solid ground, but they weren’t /meant/ to lead to /friendly/ ground…”
[2015-01-31 16:32:49] <havrasti> “Let’s rescue first.”
[2015-01-31 16:32:59] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Agreed.”
[2015-01-31 16:33:07] <havrasti> “That’s the one that if we’re too late to deal with it can’t be done ever.”
[2015-01-31 16:33:08] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Which one do we want to try first?”
[2015-01-31 16:33:13] <sila> “OK, then, Earth First. Because coinflip.”
[2015-01-31 16:33:45] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus for portalmaking.
[2015-01-31 16:33:45] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for portalmaking.”: (4+1+3+3). Total: 11.
[2015-01-31 16:33:52] * Sila turns to the maybe-Earth portal and attempts to open and stabilize it, so she can /look/ though first.
[2015-01-31 16:34:11] <sila> !6d6: gonna shore up this rickety bridge if /I/ have to cross it.
[2015-01-31 16:34:12] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “gonna shore up this rickety bridge if /I/ have to cross it.”: (5+5+4+1+5+4). Total: 24.
[2015-01-31 16:34:20] <rkcgm> ((Success.))
[2015-01-31 16:34:26] * Sila looks through.
[2015-01-31 16:35:28] <rkcgm> Sila can’t see much without actually going through the portal, but it looks like it spills out into an alley-way. Some rough wood buildings, and a tall wooden wall with painted crenellations and colored flags, are visible to the right.
[2015-01-31 16:35:53] <rkcgm> Oh, and there’s some horse-apples on the ground.
[2015-01-31 16:35:56] <sila> ((recognizable flags?))
[2015-01-31 16:36:44] <rkcgm> ((Nope. Not particularly. Lots of colors, a few lions rampant, stuff like that.))
[2015-01-31 16:37:19] * Ellie peeks over Sila’s shoulder, “That… doesn’t look like Earth. Certainly not a first-world country, at any rate…”
[2015-01-31 16:37:33] <sila> “Hmm. Well…I don’t see anyone. You guys want to step through and investigate, or see what the other one looks like first?”
[2015-01-31 16:37:59] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I don’t see why we shouldn’t give it a try now that it’s open.”
[2015-01-31 16:38:09] <havrasti> “Umm, well, it’s open, might as well take a look.”
[2015-01-31 16:38:24] <ellie> “Yeah. Once we go through, I’ll see if I can’t listen for the Grand Duchess or Marquis, too….”
[2015-01-31 16:38:42] <ellie> “Won’t tell us if they aren’t there, but it might tell us where to look if they are.”
[2015-01-31 16:40:02] <sila> “OK, then. HEY YOU! GUARDPERSON! Come here and make sure nobody but us comes through this while we’re investigating!”
[2015-01-31 16:40:42] <rkcgm> The guards, since they’re missing their own scary magic-lady, obey this one instead.
[2015-01-31 16:40:56] <sila> “Thanks. Be right back, we hope.”
[2015-01-31 16:41:05] * Havrasti goes in
[2015-01-31 16:41:17] * Ellie follows.
[2015-01-31 16:41:41] * Sila goes last to make sure it stays stable for everyone
[2015-01-31 16:42:47] <rkcgm> Once you’re through, you hear sounds like it’s a market-day – a lot of people talking; some distant cheering.
[2015-01-31 16:43:11] <rkcgm> You can smell greasy food consisting of much meat. Also some beer.
[2015-01-31 16:43:15] * Ellie tries to Listen for thoughts that sound like the Marquis or Grand Duchess.
[2015-01-31 16:43:25] <ellie> !6d6: Telepathy listen…
[2015-01-31 16:43:26] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Telepathy listen…”: (2+2+2+1+5+1). Total: 13.
[2015-01-31 16:43:28] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus
[2015-01-31 16:43:28] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (2+1+3+4). Total: 10.
[2015-01-31 16:43:37] * Sila listens to the distant talking and tries to identify the language
[2015-01-31 16:44:03] <havrasti> ((just almost too much thought noise for Ellie, but she makes it))
[2015-01-31 16:44:32] <rkcgm> Ellie determines that there are so many people that her mental “sensors” are a bit washed out. Still, there might be a few candidates…
[2015-01-31 16:44:45] <rkcgm> Sila, perception
[2015-01-31 16:44:49] <rkcgm> !3d6: standard
[2015-01-31 16:44:49] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard”: (6+2+3). Total: 11.
[2015-01-31 16:44:54] <sila> !6d6
[2015-01-31 16:44:55] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (3+4+3+2+6+4). Total: 22.
[2015-01-31 16:45:28] <rkcgm> Sila: it’s… English? With a really funny accent.
[2015-01-31 16:45:56] <sila> “This is becoming unnerving.”
[2015-01-31 16:46:04] * Ellie attempts to concentrate on the candidates and see if she can hone in on them…
[2015-01-31 16:46:16] * Havrasti has a thought, “Sila… do portals just transport through dimension and space… or time as well?”
[2015-01-31 16:46:22] <ellie> !6d6: Honing telepathy with further concentration…
[2015-01-31 16:46:22] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Honing telepathy with further concentration…”: (2+3+5+5+1+3). Total: 19.
[2015-01-31 16:46:28] <sila> “I’m…starting to wonder that myself…”
[2015-01-31 16:46:38] <sila> “It’s not like my dad was around to teach me.”
[2015-01-31 16:46:41] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus for Ellie
[2015-01-31 16:46:41] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for Ellie”: (3+4+2+5+5). Total: 19.
[2015-01-31 16:46:55] * Havrasti goes out of the ally looking around
[2015-01-31 16:47:02] <ellie> ((…Really? Will use my own read, barring any donation offers. :-p ))
[2015-01-31 16:47:22] <sila> ((oh, have mine, maybe it will come back.))
[2015-01-31 16:47:33] <rkcgm> ((Okay.))
[2015-01-31 16:47:49] <ellie> !6d6: Really, really tries to block out the noise
[2015-01-31 16:47:49] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Really, really tries to block out the noise”: (6+6+1+4+4+2). Total: 23.
[2015-01-31 16:47:58] * Sila shushes Havrastis so Ellie can concentrate :P
[2015-01-31 16:48:00] <ellie> ((Not a crit, but does come back))
[2015-01-31 16:48:06] <rkcgm> ((Success. Roll for returned coin.))
[2015-01-31 16:48:09] <sila> !2d6
[2015-01-31 16:48:10] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “2d6”: (3+5). Total: 8.
[2015-01-31 16:48:19] <sila> ((still red, I believe?))
[2015-01-31 16:48:21] <rkcgm> ((Red.))
[2015-01-31 16:49:24] <rkcgm> Ellie: You’re pretty sure that this closest candidate is no longer a candidate. He’s been drinking enough that he probably shouldn’t drive.
[2015-01-31 16:51:03] <ellie> “Well, one of the possibilities… isn’t. I’d need to move to be able to tell on any of the others, though. …We have any idea whether we’re dressed to fit in here?”
[2015-01-31 16:51:20] <sila> ((I dunno, horses are a lot safer than cars for that :P ))
[2015-01-31 16:51:27] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I think I am.”
[2015-01-31 16:51:35] <sila> “Your guess is as good as mine, Ellie.”
[2015-01-31 16:52:06] <havrasti> ((did the GM catch that Havrasti is taking a look outside the ally?))
[2015-01-31 16:52:12] <sila> “Llew, are you implying that you know where we are, or that illusions fit in everywhere?”
[2015-01-31 16:52:14] <ellie> “Hmm, okay. Well… there are still a couple possibilities I can’t eliminate, and we can probably do some other investigating, as well.”
[2015-01-31 16:52:24] <rkcgm> ((No, I missed that, Havrasti. Roll perception.))
[2015-01-31 16:52:28] <rkcgm> !3d6: standard
[2015-01-31 16:52:28] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard”: (6+6+6). Total: 18.
[2015-01-31 16:52:31] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-01-31 16:52:31] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (5+5+6+4+6). Total: 26.
[2015-01-31 16:52:45] <rkcgm> ((Critical success. Roll for coin.))
[2015-01-31 16:52:53] <havrasti> !2d6
[2015-01-31 16:52:54] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “2d6”: (4+2). Total: 6.
[2015-01-31 16:53:04] <rkcgm> Red
[2015-01-31 16:54:39] <rkcgm> Havrasti pokes his head out of the alley just in time to see an orc with a giant mug of beer, a girl in a belly-dancer’s costume, and a kilted Scotsman all walk past, laughing at one of the orc’s jokes.
[2015-01-31 16:55:39] * Havrasti looks closer at the orc
[2015-01-31 16:55:55] <havrasti> (are there orcs in Esserea? :P )
[2015-01-31 16:56:19] <rkcgm> About a half a second later, a guy in jeans walks by with a stroller occupied by a kid with a balloon animal.
[2015-01-31 16:56:20] * Sila pokes Llewelyn in the ribs ((answer the question, mr. Cryptic :P ))
[2015-01-31 16:56:46] <rkcgm> ((Negatory on the Esserean orcs.))
[2015-01-31 16:57:22] * Havrasti goes back to the others, “Some sort of fantasy RenFair or convention.”
[2015-01-31 16:57:27] <rkcgm> Havrasti sees that the orc definitely ordered his clothes from MordorShopping.com.
[2015-01-31 16:57:46] * Sila goggles at Havrasti
[2015-01-31 16:58:08] <sila> "…Esserean conspirators have Terran convention schedules??
[2015-01-31 16:58:32] <sila> “Well in that case I’m not worrying about clothing.”
[2015-01-31 16:58:43] <ellie> “Um. You’re kidding me, right? Oh, well. It could certainly be worse…”
[2015-01-31 16:58:50] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Nope. Totally nailed it.”
[2015-01-31 16:59:01] <rkcgm> Llewelyn adjusts his musketeer hat.
[2015-01-31 16:59:02] * Havrasti shrugs, “Hey, fits in, I guess. Hmmmmm, Llewelyn, think you cna illusion up some fireworks that might act as a signal to the Duchess or Marquis if they are here?”
[2015-01-31 16:59:21] <ellie> "Would they even know what it meant?
[2015-01-31 16:59:29] <havrasti> “Some sort of hidden in plain sight signal, at least.”
[2015-01-31 16:59:29] <sila> “Maybe something in a Esmerean crest?”
[2015-01-31 16:59:59] <sila> “It’s not like anyone else here is likely to recognize it.”
[2015-01-31 17:00:24] * Sila steps out of the allyway.
[2015-01-31 17:00:25] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I’m not sure I can make sufficiently subtle fireworks.”
[2015-01-31 17:00:31] <sila> “Excuse me sir…”
[2015-01-31 17:01:00] <rkcgm> ((By the way, how are Sila and Havrasti dressed?))
[2015-01-31 17:01:04] <ellie> “Well… we’d better go do some exploring, then…”
[2015-01-31 17:01:10] <rkcgm> ((I need a reminder.))
[2015-01-31 17:01:19] * Sila is dressed for court :P
[2015-01-31 17:01:29] <havrasti> ((still in his decent business suit))
[2015-01-31 17:01:37] * Sila stops a passerby.
[2015-01-31 17:01:42] * Ellie checks the court clothing she’s wearing to make sure it’s all in order. She’s not been tossed through portals, but…
[2015-01-31 17:01:53] <havrasti> ((it’d probably look odd in this place, but not totally weird))
[2015-01-31 17:02:22] * Havrasti gets a silly idea and stifles a chuckle, then whispers something to Sila
[2015-01-31 17:02:37] <sila> “We’ve lost part of our party – a woman playing a Duchess, and a man with her. Their part of the story line was ‘magically teleported by dissidents’ but we’re not entirely sure they’re sober…?”
[2015-01-31 17:02:45] <rkcgm> A guy in chainmail armour and an awesome metal hat looks over at Sila’s question. “Aye, what ye need, miss?”
[2015-01-31 17:04:12] <sila> “Um, have you seen ’em?”
[2015-01-31 17:04:36] <rkcgm> Chainmail Dude drops his faux accent. “Oh, are you from the crazy LARP group? I think I saw a bunch of them a half hour ago over by the washer-woman show.”
[2015-01-31 17:05:09] <sila> “Um. We’re only missing /two/ people, but I suppose it’s a better lead than none. Thank you, kind sir.”
[2015-01-31 17:05:36] <rkcgm> Chainmail Dude: “Certainly, fair lady. I wish thee well in thy questing.”
[2015-01-31 17:06:10] * Sila turns back to the others. “Well, you want to go question an Irish Washer Woman?”
[2015-01-31 17:06:31] * Ellie steps out of the alley shadows, in which she’d remained. “Yeah, we need to get moving around, at least.”
[2015-01-31 17:06:32] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I’ve been to one of these before. I’m afraid I don’t.”
[2015-01-31 17:06:49] <havrasti> “Sounds like the place to go…. you don’t?”
[2015-01-31 17:06:52] <ellie> “We don’t have to talk to her. But we do need to move around. I need to check on the other possibilities.”
[2015-01-31 17:07:17] <sila> “Found it smelly or something?”
[2015-01-31 17:07:28] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I am not really a fan of their breed of humour.”
[2015-01-31 17:07:33] * Havrasti starts moving in the direction indicated
[2015-01-31 17:07:41] * Sila moves in whatever direction Ellie indicates while she talks
[2015-01-31 17:07:58] <rkcgm> Llewelyn offers his arm to Ellie.
[2015-01-31 17:08:01] <sila> “Raunchy? Or is that where you got your ears pulled?”
[2015-01-31 17:08:17] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “The former.”
[2015-01-31 17:08:22] * Ellie takes Llewelyn’s arm gratefully, as she’s going to be paying more attention to telepathy concentration than where she’s going…
[2015-01-31 17:08:34] <ellie> She attempts listening for those possibilities again as we walk.
[2015-01-31 17:08:42] <sila> “Bleah. Lets hope Candella wasn’t exposed to that on top of whatever else.”
[2015-01-31 17:08:43] <ellie> !6d6: Listening, Listening, Listening…
[2015-01-31 17:08:44] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “Listening, Listening, Listening…”: (2+5+5+3+1+6). Total: 22.
[2015-01-31 17:08:46] * Havrasti whispers again in Sila’s ear
[2015-01-31 17:08:54] * Sila keeps her eyes and ears open.
[2015-01-31 17:09:11] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus for Ellie
[2015-01-31 17:09:11] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for Ellie”: (5+3+3+3). Total: 14.
[2015-01-31 17:09:22] <rkcgm> ((Some potential candidates ahead.))
[2015-01-31 17:09:56] <sila> (to Havrasti, not quite whispering) “Yes, yes, it would be hilarious, but we’ll have to save it for when we’re not so busy – besides, some of these knight-types have real metal weapons, and they might get crazy ideas and try to slay us.”
[2015-01-31 17:11:45] <havrasti> (in a not qutie whisper) “Maybe if we immediantly went into an aerial dance after the initial scare.”
[2015-01-31 17:11:46] <rkcgm> After a few moments, it becomes clear that you are, indeed, at a renaissance fair. About a quarter of the people are in costume, and three-quarters aren’t.
[2015-01-31 17:13:05] <sila> “Two words: Archery Contestants.”
[2015-01-31 17:13:05] <rkcgm> A guy in a pirate costume gives a thumbs-up to Llewelyn: “Arrr, ye got a fine costume there, matey!”
[2015-01-31 17:13:12] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Thanks… matey.”
[2015-01-31 17:13:37] * Havrasti wonders if he can shift into a half-form, he’s never tried that before
[2015-01-31 17:14:55] * Havrasti looks around for the people we’re interested in though, keep himself distracted from mischievious temptations
[2015-01-31 17:15:08] * Ellie is glancing around. A lot. Frequently. And keeping her telepathy and concentration up. But it’s probably clear to Llewelyn that the only reason she cares that it’s a Renaissance Festival is that it provides cover for their attire.
[2015-01-31 17:15:13] * Sila looks for signs of other genuine non-humans, Esserean heraldry of any type, actual magic, etc.
[2015-01-31 17:16:31] <rkcgm> Ellie, roll perception (with any telepathy modifiers) versus difficult.
[2015-01-31 17:16:51] <rkcgm> ((The rest of you can, too))
[2015-01-31 17:17:02] <havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
[2015-01-31 17:17:03] <painbot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (6+1+4+4+3). Total: 18.
[2015-01-31 17:17:08] <rkcgm> !5d6: versus
[2015-01-31 17:17:09] <painbot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (1+2+1+4+5). Total: 13.
[2015-01-31 17:17:25] <ellie> !6d6: telepathy roll
[2015-01-31 17:17:26] <painbot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy roll”: (2+1+5+5+4+4). Total: 21.
[2015-01-31 17:17:39] <sila> !6d6
[2015-01-31 17:17:39] <painbot> [Sila] rolled “6d6”: (3+4+3+4+6+1). Total: 21.
[2015-01-31 17:19:40] <rkcgm> Ellie is narrowing in on her next closest candidates, who are sitting in a food court area. She spots the Grand Duchess at the same time Havrasti and Sila spot the Marquis, who is standing over her like a watchdog.
[2015-01-31 17:20:09] <sila> “There they are! Right next to…meat…”
[2015-01-31 17:20:45] * Sila resists the urge to drool at the sight of turkey drumsticks etc.
[2015-01-31 17:21:03] <havrasti> “Yes I see them… oh, the Duchess and the Marquis, too.”
[2015-01-31 17:21:09] <sila> “Drat and botheration. It doesn’t matter where we are, we have no local currency.”
[2015-01-31 17:21:15] <rkcgm> The Grand Duchess looks a bit weary.
[2015-01-31 17:21:30] <ellie> “Aaah, good. They’re okay.” Ellie starts walking in their direction.
[2015-01-31 17:21:35] <sila> “Candela! Over here!”
[2015-01-31 17:21:37] * Havrasti heads over to them (presumably followed by the rest of you :P )
[2015-01-31 17:21:46] <ellie> Llewelyn probably necessarily follows her, since she’s still on his arm. :-p
[2015-01-31 17:22:04] * Sila does indeed follow, also waving
[2015-01-31 17:22:31] <havrasti> “I actually do have my wallet, Sila.”
[2015-01-31 17:22:34] * Ellie kinda inwardly winces. She didn’t want to do anything to draw attention. She doesn’t say anything, though.
[2015-01-31 17:22:52] <rkcgm> The orc, belly-dancer, and Scotsman are sitting at the same table as the Grand Duchess, and the Marquis is painfully trying to keep an eye on them while not actually looking at the Loose Woman.
[2015-01-31 17:23:05] * Sila is acting just like any other fair-goer joining up with another member of the party…
[2015-01-31 17:23:36] <rkcgm> Candela hears her name and jumps up. “Oh, sacred name of God! You’re here!”
[2015-01-31 17:23:43] <sila> “Maybe a little treat before we go back o the portal?”
[2015-01-31 17:23:50] <rkcgm> The Grand Duchess immediately starts crying.
[2015-01-31 17:24:01] <havrasti> “Sounds like a good idea, now that we know they’re safe.”
[2015-01-31 17:24:06] <sila> “Aw, it’s not that bad. There there.”
[2015-01-31 17:24:11] * Ellie lets go of Llewelyn and darts over to her. “It’s okay. We’re so glad to find you.”
[2015-01-31 17:24:40] * Ellie kinda wants to hug her, but isn’t certain how she would take it. :-p
[2015-01-31 17:24:47] <havrasti> “No one else got portaled besides the Condessa herself.”
[2015-01-31 17:24:54] <rkcgm> Marquis: “I must admit, we were quite uncertain of the course we should take. There are so many strange people…”
[2015-01-31 17:24:58] <sila> “You OK? No serious damage I trust?”
[2015-01-31 17:25:04] * Havrasti doesn’t mention anything about the old man though
[2015-01-31 17:25:26] <ellie> “Well, it’s not the worst place in the world for you to have ended up lost, but we’re so glad to have found you.”
[2015-01-31 17:25:30] <rkcgm> The Marquis eyes the orc behind him at the table.
[2015-01-31 17:25:40] <sila> “Great costume on that guy, eh?”
[2015-01-31 17:25:43] <havrasti> “Heh, this is an unusual event, actually. People come together for a bit of fun by playing parts of history or fantasy.”
[2015-01-31 17:25:59] * Sila emphasizes the “costume” bit for the Marquis’s education ;)
[2015-01-31 17:26:12] <rkcgm> Marquis: “Costume? Ah… indeed.”
[2015-01-31 17:26:23] <ellie> “Why don’t we go walking a bit?” She’s still right near the Grand Duchess, trying to sooth her as much as she can.
[2015-01-31 17:26:38] <rkcgm> Candela: “I suppose I could use a walk.”
[2015-01-31 17:26:48] <sila> “Yeah, it’s almost time for our disappearing act.”
[2015-01-31 17:26:51] <havrasti> “Are you hungry?”
[2015-01-31 17:27:06] <havrasti> “It’s been a couple of hours since you were portaled.”
[2015-01-31 17:27:14] <rkcgm> Candela: “Yes. But the street-sellers don’t accept silver!”
[2015-01-31 17:27:30] <havrasti> “Nope, but they’ll take paper or plastic.”
[2015-01-31 17:27:35] * Ellie darts a glare at Havrasti for continually referencing Things That Could Draw Attention.
[2015-01-31 17:27:46] <sila> “Heh, not the coin of the realm. I wonder where we actually are? We need a brochure or something.”
[2015-01-31 17:28:10] <rkcgm> A five-year old girl abruptly comes over to stand in front of Ellie, Sila, and Candela.
[2015-01-31 17:28:15] <sila> ((did I see anyone looking suspiciously Real while pretending to pretend?))
[2015-01-31 17:28:21] * Havrasti pulls out his wallet and goes to order some of the higher quality fare
[2015-01-31 17:28:31] <rkcgm> Girl (loud voice): “Are you PRINCESSES?”
[2015-01-31 17:28:49] * Ellie giggles a little bit. “Are you?”
[2015-01-31 17:29:03] <ellie> “I love your pink dress.”
[2015-01-31 17:29:09] <sila> “But no, miss, merely a Duchess and two visiting Ladies.”
[2015-01-31 17:29:12] <rkcgm> Girl sticks her chin out. “Yes!”
[2015-01-31 17:29:15] * Sila winks at the little girl
[2015-01-31 17:29:24] <rkcgm> Girl: “What’s a duchess?”
[2015-01-31 17:29:49] <rkcgm> Girl: “I thought duchesses made cupcakes.”
[2015-01-31 17:29:59] <sila> “It’s like a princess but less so, kind of. A noble woman, anyway.”
[2015-01-31 17:30:20] <sila> “You can study historic ranks of nobility when you’re older.”
[2015-01-31 17:30:49] <sila> “…and that’s /Hostess,/ which is something entirely different, with the cupcakes.”
[2015-01-31 17:30:52] <rkcgm> The girl’s mother arrives – not in garb, and a giant camera. “I’m so sorry. Would you mind if we got pictures with you?”
[2015-01-31 17:31:13] * Ellie glances toward Candela to see how she’s taking this..
[2015-01-31 17:31:51] <rkcgm> Candela doesn’t speak enough English to understand. All she knows is ‘cute but very forward girl.’
[2015-01-31 17:32:43] <sila> “No harm done, ma’am, but our friend’s had a hard day. She doesn’t actually speak English, and we got separated – you understand. I think she’d rather not be photographed with tears still on her face.”
[2015-01-31 17:33:02] <rkcgm> Girl: “Awww…”
[2015-01-31 17:33:03] <ellie> “I’ll do a picture with her, though, if you’d like.”
[2015-01-31 17:33:12] <rkcgm> Girl: “Yay!”
[2015-01-31 17:33:32] * Sila gently draws Candela aside
[2015-01-31 17:33:34] * Ellie looks around and suggests a place to stand with something pretty in the background.
[2015-01-31 17:34:10] * Sila tells Candela, “She wanted to know if you were a princess.”
[2015-01-31 17:35:32] <rkcgm> Candela starts laughing. “Up until a few years ago, I was.”
[2015-01-31 17:36:11] * Ellie poses for the picture, and tells the little girl what a beautiful princess she makes.
[2015-01-31 17:36:20] <rkcgm> The little girl beams as she gets her picture with “Princess Lady Ellie.”
[2015-01-31 17:36:51] * Ellie finds it all adorable, of course. ;-)
[2015-01-31 17:36:53] * Sila thinks around the translation, then raises her eyebrows. “Yes? Uh… hm. I need Ellie to translate, I don’t know a word…”
[2015-01-31 17:37:37] <ellie> It’s not too long before the little girl darts off with her mother, now wanting to see tall princess hats.
[2015-01-31 17:37:38] * Havrasti comes back with a big tray of food of various types
[2015-01-31 17:37:40] <sila> “Oh! Here a word I know: MEAT!”
[2015-01-31 17:38:00] <havrasti> (there is indeed lots of meat ;) )
[2015-01-31 17:38:07] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Good thing we still carried our wallets.”
[2015-01-31 17:38:26] <sila> (back to English) “I hate womens’ formalwear that way.”
[2015-01-31 17:38:28] <havrasti> “A business suit would just be incomplete without it.”
[2015-01-31 17:38:50] * Ellie rejoins Sila and Candela. She takes a moment to do some telepathic explaining, /It’s a sort of faire here, you see. But they only have nobility like you do in stories; their government is different./
[2015-01-31 17:38:50] <sila> “No pockets in anything.” (NOM nom nom)
[2015-01-31 17:39:00] * Havrasti also considers it just a bit part of his hoard, why he didn’t leave it behind anywhere
[2015-01-31 17:39:52] * Ellie adds, /All in all, it’s possibly the best place you could have ended up, at least for a short time. Since so many people are dressed up in costumes, your clothing doesn’t stick out as different./
[2015-01-31 17:40:42] <rkcgm> Candela: /There were so many very odd costumes – but perhaps this is more representative of what you wear on Earth?/
[2015-01-31 17:41:21] <havrasti> “My clothing more so, actually. And that group wearing jeans and t-shirts.”
[2015-01-31 17:41:34] <sila> “Turkey, turkey, turkey, rawr. Heheh.”
[2015-01-31 17:42:20] * Ellie replies, /Heh, no. Well, not most of it. Most of it us only worn for special occasions where people are… kind of playing pretend. Um… I’ll point out some of the more usual fashions/
[2015-01-31 17:42:31] <ellie> Ellie subtly points toward a few people walking around in normal clothing.
[2015-01-31 17:42:34] * Sila strips meat from bone with predatory efficiency, eyeing Ellie
[2015-01-31 17:43:04] <ellie> Ellie has indeed not given any attention to the food. She’s been focused on trying to soothe Candela.
[2015-01-31 17:43:27] <rkcgm> Candela: /What about that woman with the butterfly wings and the… er… loose attire?/
[2015-01-31 17:44:05] * Ellie answers, /That’s definitely another costume. Not something she’d wear every day./
[2015-01-31 17:44:28] <rkcgm> Candela: /I should hope not! The tramp…/
[2015-01-31 17:45:15] * Ellie grins, /People do have slightly different expectations concerning what’s appropriate here. It’s not something that shocks most people… though it’s not something I would want to wear./
[2015-01-31 17:45:51] * Sila shrugs at the signs of inaudible conversation and offers the Marquis some ribs. “Carne?”
[2015-01-31 17:45:52] * Havrasti eats a tripple patty burger
[2015-01-31 17:46:18] <rkcgm> Candela: /As interesting as this foray in your world has been – and I have some desire to see more of it someday – I fear I feel a more pressing need to return./
[2015-01-31 17:46:30] <havrasti> (introducing him to bbq sauce; Havrasti went to the best smelling one ;) )
[2015-01-31 17:46:43] <sila> (naturally ;) )
[2015-01-31 17:47:09] * Ellie nods. /Yes, and there’s also the portal back. We wouldn’t want anyone wandering through it. But…/ she adds aloud, “Did you want to eat something before we headed home? You must be hungry.”
[2015-01-31 17:47:14] <rkcgm> The Marquis accepts, and wolfs down the meat. “It’s very good.”
[2015-01-31 17:47:28] <sila> “Poison-free guarantee.”
[2015-01-31 17:48:30] <rkcgm> Candela: “Actually, I would like something, I think.”
[2015-01-31 17:48:50] * Havrasti also got some…. cotten candy
[2015-01-31 17:48:51] <ellie> “And I think so, too.” Ellie looks at the tray of food for the least messy thing she can find…
[2015-01-31 17:49:14] <sila> (turkey? salad? )
[2015-01-31 17:49:36] * Ellie picks out some chicken fingers and some fries. Maybe greasy, but not dripping anything.
[2015-01-31 17:49:52] <rkcgm> Candela likes both of them.
[2015-01-31 17:50:26] * Ellie sees the cotton candy, and takes a bit, and recommends it to Candela.
[2015-01-31 17:50:31] <sila> “OK, people. We came, we saw, we devoured. Time to go play magician and then it’s back to business.”
[2015-01-31 17:51:16] * Sila sighs
[2015-01-31 17:51:17] <rkcgm> Candela looks at the cotton candy with skepticism. “This looks like pink wool.”
[2015-01-31 17:51:34] <sila> “I will miss the hum of all this electricity, though.”
[2015-01-31 17:51:38] <ellie> “Oooh, but it tastes so good. It’s very sweet, and it will just melt away in your mouth.”
[2015-01-31 17:51:42] * Havrasti takes a chunk and nibbles it
[2015-01-31 17:52:00] * Ellie eats a some.
[2015-01-31 17:52:18] <rkcgm> Candela tries some. “It’s… eep!”
[2015-01-31 17:52:31] <rkcgm> She starts laughing. “Vanishes like magic.”
[2015-01-31 17:52:38] <sila> “Ah, spun sugar. Never give it to hatchlings, a baby dragon on a sugar high is a handful and a half.”
[2015-01-31 17:52:58] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Or so your mother told you, eh?”
[2015-01-31 17:53:26] <havrasti> “From experiecne probably.”
[2015-01-31 17:53:31] <sila> “Oh, I remember it well. Sam took off flying and got halfway to the lake. I thought it was hilarious at the time.”
[2015-01-31 17:54:50] <rkcgm> Walking while eating has brought you back to the general vicinity of your portal.
[2015-01-31 17:55:26] <sila> “He kept roaring about how he was faster than a speeding bullet. Mom says we must have discovered the superman movies a less than a week prior.”
[2015-01-31 17:55:58] * Ellie has been walking near Candela, and nods toward where we came out, “It’s right through those buildings. Not far now.”
[2015-01-31 17:56:13] <sila> “Watch out for the horse leavings.”
[2015-01-31 17:57:11] * Sila steps around the aforementioned landmines and heads for the portal itself
[2015-01-31 17:57:17] <rkcgm> Candela wastes no time beelining for the portal.
[2015-01-31 17:57:40] * Havrasti follows close behind them
[2015-01-31 17:58:11] <sila> “Oh, hey, a dropped brochure!”
[2015-01-31 17:58:22] * Sila snags a piece of paper off the ground as she goes
[2015-01-31 17:58:43] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I actually got one of those, too.”
[2015-01-31 17:58:54] <sila> “Let’s see, where are we really…?”
[2015-01-31 17:58:56] * Sila reads
[2015-01-31 17:59:07] <rkcgm> ((Bristol – Chicago.))
[2015-01-31 17:59:28] <sila> “Ah, cool, Indiana. Just a few hours from home, really.”
[2015-01-31 17:59:51] <sila> ((er…Illinois. I don’t know where the “Indiana” came from))
[2015-01-31 18:00:15] <rkcgm> ((Actually, it’s in Wisconsin.))
[2015-01-31 18:00:24] <sila> “Anyway.”
[2015-01-31 18:00:52] * Sila tucks the paper into her waistband and commences re-opening the portal
[2015-01-31 18:01:05] <rkcgm> Candela is welcomed home by her guards – and then her courtiers.
[2015-01-31 18:01:25] <havrasti> “Vcitory!”
[2015-01-31 18:01:38] * Ellie has followed closely after her, and finds herself immensely relieved to have at least this task taken care of.
[2015-01-31 18:02:28] <sila> “OK then. The Allies category is taken care of. Next up: enemies. Let us find somewhere to talk for a bit, your Grace.”
[2015-01-31 18:03:22] <rkcgm> Candela: “Indeed. I intend to ensure my ‘esteemed cousin’ learns her plotting has consequences aplenty…”
== END LOG ==

Log 060

Red King's Command BrockPaine