Log 059

== START LOG ==
[2015-01-24 13:41:30] <rkcgm> Last time on Red King’s Command, you were present when the Grand Duchess Candela confronted the Condessa Rozas de Rosario de la Palla.
[2015-01-24 13:41:35] <rkcgm> Ellie confirmed that the Condessa was scheming – albeit not behind the attempted assassinations – and the Grand Duchess decided to exile her.
[2015-01-24 13:41:39] <rkcgm> This did not suit the Condessa in the least.
[2015-01-24 13:41:44] <rkcgm> Thus, she decided to stake everything on fighting the Grand Duchess directly – and tried to use magic to port you and the entire court away.
[2015-01-24 13:41:49] <rkcgm> She has generated a dozen-odd moving portals around her, and you may be hard pressed to avoid them…
[2015-01-24 13:42:08] <ellie> !2d6: dice roll
[2015-01-24 13:42:08] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “dice roll”: 8 = 8.
[2015-01-24 13:43:19] <ellie> Huh, did I do something wrong, that it gave just a total rather than individual dice? Or is that just how it’s going to work?
[2015-01-24 13:43:22] <rkcgm> Red
[2015-01-24 13:43:35] <rkcgm> !1d20+6
[2015-01-24 13:43:43] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled 1d20+6: 22 = 22.
[2015-01-24 13:43:47] <havrasti> huh
[2015-01-24 13:43:56] <rkcgm> Odd.
[2015-01-24 13:43:56] <havrasti> must be a setting on the server side, I think
[2015-01-24 13:45:31] <havrasti> !5d6
[2015-01-24 13:45:31] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled 5d6: 19 = 19.
[2015-01-24 13:45:44] <havrasti> !d6;d6;d6;d6;d6
[2015-01-24 13:45:46] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled d6;d6;d6;d6;d6: 4 = 4.
[2015-01-24 13:45:54] <dicedchilies> LOLWUT
[2015-01-24 13:45:54] <havrasti> !d6,5
[2015-01-24 13:45:55] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled d6,5: 15. Partial totals: 2 2 5 5 1. Total: 15.
[2015-01-24 13:46:05] <havrasti> ah, that works
[2015-01-24 13:46:21] <ellie> Aaah, okay. So different syntax.
[2015-01-24 13:46:29] <ellie> !d6, 2
[2015-01-24 13:46:29] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled d6, 2: 7. Partial totals: 6 1. Total: 7.
[2015-01-24 13:46:36] <ellie> Okay, I understand how it works now.
[2015-01-24 13:46:38] <ellie> Good to go.
[2015-01-24 13:51:21] <rkcgm> ((You can start.))
[2015-01-24 13:51:24] <sila> I think that’s a think you can do with KarmaBot too; so you can roll !4dl6,6 and it will do all the stat rolls for a standard D&D character in one go
[2015-01-24 13:52:02] <sila> ((oh, startlog, oops))
[2015-01-24 13:52:14] <ellie> Is this considered combat, or are you giving us each a chance to act before results happen?
[2015-01-24 13:52:17] <havrasti> (we’re being sent away right now, right? nothing we can do about it?))
[2015-01-24 13:53:10] <sila> ((dex rolls to avoid “several moving portals” ?))
[2015-01-24 13:53:37] <rkcgm> ((I’ll give you a chance but I’m going to make it difficult.))
[2015-01-24 13:54:41] <ellie> ((I’ve got what I’d planned as a potential, “break her concentration” idea. But I need to know if there are any rolls I need to make before I try it.))
[2015-01-24 13:54:44] <rkcgm> ((Who is standing near whom, btw?))
[2015-01-24 13:54:46] * Sila was in the middle of trying to break the Condessa’s concentration by inflicting some rapid unexpected movement upon her person (casting check coming)
[2015-01-24 13:54:58] * Sila is standing next to Havrasti of course
[2015-01-24 13:55:20] * Ellie is probably right near Llewelyn, and… Cinnamon Sugar came with us, I believe, so he’s with her.
[2015-01-24 13:55:27] * Havrasti will certainly try to dodge an incoming spell-whatever-it-is
[2015-01-24 13:55:55] <sila> !6d6: causes sudden changes in momentum based on how loud the room is. If she screams, she hits the ceiling >: )
[2015-01-24 13:55:55] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled “causes sudden changes in momentum based on how loud the room is. If she screams, she hits the ceiling >: )”: 21 = 21.
[2015-01-24 13:56:05] <sila> (bag)
[2015-01-24 13:56:14] <sila> (bah HUMBUG)
[2015-01-24 13:56:20] <sila> !1d6,6
[2015-01-24 13:56:21] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled 1d6,6: 25. Partial totals: 4 4 6 4 1 6. Total: 25.
[2015-01-24 13:56:31] <rkcgm> ((Okay, Sila and Havrasti, roll dex.))
[2015-01-24 13:56:46] <rkcgm> !d6,7
[2015-01-24 13:56:47] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled d6,7: 16. Partial totals: 1 1 3 3 1 6 1. Total: 16.
[2015-01-24 13:56:54] <havrasti> !d6,4 : Dex
[2015-01-24 13:56:55] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Dex”: 12. Partial totals: 5 2 3 2. Total: 12.
[2015-01-24 13:56:57] <sila> !1d6,4
[2015-01-24 13:56:58] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled 1d6,4: 14. Partial totals: 4 1 5 4. Total: 14.
[2015-01-24 13:57:11] <havrasti> (I think we’re caught :P )
[2015-01-24 13:57:24] <sila> ((coin?))
[2015-01-24 13:57:28] <ellie> ((Did Brock call for a dex roll? Or are we assuming them?))
[2015-01-24 13:57:41] <sila> (( RKCGM ((Okay, Sila and Havrasti, roll dex.)) ))
[2015-01-24 14:10:42] <rkcgm> !d6,5: opposed skill check for Sila’s spell
[2015-01-24 14:10:42] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “opposed skill check for Sila’s spell”: 19. Partial totals: 4 5 1 5 4. Total: 19.
[2015-01-24 14:10:57] <rkcgm> !d6: Sila’s spell is active for this many rounds
[2015-01-24 14:10:58] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Sila’s spell is active for this many rounds”: 5 = 5.
[2015-01-24 14:11:21] <sila> “Concentrate on THAT! Rawrhahahaha!”
[2015-01-24 14:12:17] * Sila is loud, and thus makes the condessa fly sideways and take on an off-axis spin…
[2015-01-24 14:12:28] <rkcgm> Sila’s laugh is abruptly cut off as the portal behind her catches up. She disappears out of the inner court.
[2015-01-24 14:12:50] <sila> "…hahaha-! "
[2015-01-24 14:13:10] <havrasti> “SIL-!”
[2015-01-24 14:13:17] * Havrasti is likewise captured in another portal
[2015-01-24 14:14:09] <rkcgm> !d6,6: Condessa’s willpower to contest the magic, versus intermediate
[2015-01-24 14:14:09] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Condessa’s willpower to contest the magic, versus intermediate”: 28. Partial totals: 3 5 6 5 3 6. Total: 28.
[2015-01-24 14:14:18] <rkcgm> !4d6: versus intermediate
[2015-01-24 14:14:19] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus intermediate”: 8 = 8.
[2015-01-24 14:14:28] <rkcgm> !d6,4: try that again
[2015-01-24 14:14:29] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “try that again”: 8. Partial totals: 1 4 2 1. Total: 8.
[2015-01-24 14:14:45] <sila> ((…))
[2015-01-24 14:15:12] <rkcgm> The Condessa successfully contests the spell for this round, though she has to focus her concentration to do that.
[2015-01-24 14:15:47] <sila> ((Well at least I succeeded in breaking her concentration, I guess.))
[2015-01-24 14:15:48] <rkcgm> Okay, now Ellie can do what she wants, and then Ellie and Llewelyn have to roll dex to avoid stuff.
[2015-01-24 14:16:02] <ellie> Even without seeing what just happened to Sila, the Countessa has officially Angered Ellie. Now, as Ellie has always told you, this doesn’t necessarily make her particularly dangerous. But it might, on this occasion, have made her a little spiteful :-p.
[2015-01-24 14:16:08] <ellie> And so, in an effort to break the Countess’ concentration on whatever spell she’s casting, Ellie cries, “May that with which you would slap others in the face rise up to instead slap you!”
[2015-01-24 14:16:09] <ellie> She then attempts to animate the expensively bejeweled outer layer of the Countess’ clothing (what? You know she’s wearing no end of layers underneath :-p), willing it to tear itself away and start fighting her… and yes, to begin with a slap in the face. :-p
[2015-01-24 14:16:35] <rkcgm> Magic versus difficult.
[2015-01-24 14:16:38] <ellie> !d6, 6: Animation Magic
[2015-01-24 14:16:39] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Animation Magic”: 22. Partial totals: 6 3 4 3 4 2. Total: 22.
[2015-01-24 14:16:41] <rkcgm> !d6:5
[2015-01-24 14:16:42] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “5”: 3 = 3.
[2015-01-24 14:16:51] <rkcgm> …
[2015-01-24 14:16:58] <havrasti> (( , not : :P )
[2015-01-24 14:17:06] <sila> ((syntax error ;) ))
[2015-01-24 14:17:10] <ellie> ((I’m okay with that vs. roll ;-) ))
[2015-01-24 14:17:12] <rkcgm> !d6,5: darn you
[2015-01-24 14:17:12] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “darn you”: 17. Partial totals: 6 4 3 3 1. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 14:17:29] <havrasti> ((Ellie wins!))
[2015-01-24 14:17:39] <ellie> ((Barely, but yes! :-D))
[2015-01-24 14:18:12] <rkcgm> The Condessa’s pearl necklace whaps her in the nose.
[2015-01-24 14:18:54] <rkcgm> ((Now roll dex, Ellie and Llewelyn.))
[2015-01-24 14:19:41] <rkcgm> !d6,7: difficult to avoid these portals are
[2015-01-24 14:19:41] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “difficult to avoid these portals are”: 32. Partial totals: 4 5 4 6 3 5 5. Total: 32.
[2015-01-24 14:19:44] <ellie> !d6, 5: Dex plus close-quarters maneuvering
[2015-01-24 14:19:45] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Dex plus close-quarters maneuvering”: 20. Partial totals: 6 4 3 6 1. Total: 20.
[2015-01-24 14:20:48] <rkcgm> !d6,6: Llewelyn also tries to avoid the portals, but he seems to be trying to come to Ellie’s aid first…
[2015-01-24 14:20:49] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn also tries to avoid the portals, but he seems to be trying to come to Ellie’s aid first…”: 18. Partial totals: 2 2 4 6 3 1. Total: 18.
[2015-01-24 14:21:15] <ellie> ((I’d offer a red, unless we have a green or blue available…))
[2015-01-24 14:21:22] <rkcgm> ((Hm, so Ellie avoids them, Llewelyn does not.))
[2015-01-24 14:22:25] <havrasti> ((Ellie is…. now all alone there :P ))
[2015-01-24 14:22:31] <rkcgm> Llewelyn uses a blue coin to reroll the 2234
[2015-01-24 14:22:41] <rkcgm> !d6,4: reroll four
[2015-01-24 14:22:41] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “reroll four”: 13. Partial totals: 2 1 6 4. Total: 13.
[2015-01-24 14:23:02] <rkcgm> So 664211. Llewelyn remains in the room.
[2015-01-24 14:24:09] <rkcgm> ((Very well. Sila and Havrasti are Elsewhere; Ellie and Llewelyn remain in the courtroom; now some NPCs.))
[2015-01-24 14:25:03] <rkcgm> The Grand Duchess is the target of two portals, given how much the Condessa does not like her.
[2015-01-24 14:25:12] <rkcgm> !3d6: Candela’s dexterity
[2015-01-24 14:25:12] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Candela’s dexterity”: 11 = 11.
[2015-01-24 14:25:21] <rkcgm> !d6,3: FORMAT
[2015-01-24 14:25:21] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “FORMAT”: 9. Partial totals: 5 3 1. Total: 9.
[2015-01-24 14:25:44] <rkcgm> !8d6: the Grand Duchess’s difficulty roll is high…
[2015-01-24 14:25:45] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “the Grand Duchess’s difficulty roll is high…”: 27 = 27.
[2015-01-24 14:25:54] <rkcgm> !d6:8: AAAARGH
[2015-01-24 14:25:54] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “8: AAAARGH”: 1 = 1.
[2015-01-24 14:26:02] <rkcgm> …
[2015-01-24 14:26:07] <rkcgm> !d6,8
[2015-01-24 14:26:07] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled d6,8: 32. Partial totals: 2 2 5 6 4 5 5 3. Total: 32.
[2015-01-24 14:27:58] <rkcgm> The Marquis, being charged with the safety of the Grand Duchess, instantly jumps after her – attempting to pull her back, but when he proves too slow, just going in after her.
[2015-01-24 14:29:42] <rkcgm> !d6,3: The Condessa is so frustrated with her wardrobe malfunction and Sila’s spell, she may not avoid her own portals…
[2015-01-24 14:29:42] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “The Condessa is so frustrated with her wardrobe malfunction and Sila’s spell, she may not avoid her own portals…”: 15. Partial totals: 5 6 4. Total: 15.
[2015-01-24 14:29:52] <rkcgm> !d6,6: difficulty
[2015-01-24 14:29:52] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “difficulty”: 17. Partial totals: 5 5 3 1 1 2. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 14:30:01] <rkcgm> ((Aw.))
[2015-01-24 14:30:06] <sila> ((boo :P ))
[2015-01-24 14:30:50] <sila> ((she’ll make a wonderful tyrant – strong willed and utterly selfish.))
[2015-01-24 14:31:21] <rkcgm> Llewelyn, seeing that Ellie is safe, instead decides to be Very Rude and shove a lady through her own portal.
[2015-01-24 14:31:51] <havrasti> ((but appropriately rude))
[2015-01-24 14:32:03] <rkcgm> !d6,8: Llewelyn uses a magical shockwave effect versus very difficult
[2015-01-24 14:32:04] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn uses a magical shockwave effect versus very difficult”: 22. Partial totals: 4 1 1 1 3 5 6 1. Total: 22.
[2015-01-24 14:32:13] <rkcgm> !d6,6: versus
[2015-01-24 14:32:14] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 24. Partial totals: 1 4 6 2 5 6. Total: 24.
[2015-01-24 14:32:34] <rkcgm> Llewelyn uses red coin
[2015-01-24 14:32:42] <rkcgm> !d6,8: reroll
[2015-01-24 14:32:42] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “reroll”: 39. Partial totals: 6 6 6 2 6 1 6 6. Total: 39.
[2015-01-24 14:33:18] <rkcgm> ((Llewelyn uses magic. It is very successful.))
[2015-01-24 14:33:24] <rkcgm> !d6,2: coin
[2015-01-24 14:33:25] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “coin”: 6. Partial totals: 4 2. Total: 6.
[2015-01-24 14:33:36] <rkcgm> ((Red.))
[2015-01-24 14:34:35] <rkcgm> Llewelyn’s shockwave tosses the Condessa through one of her own open portals.
[2015-01-24 14:34:43] * Sila ((sees the condessa appear? ))
[2015-01-24 14:34:52] <rkcgm> ((Negative.))
[2015-01-24 14:35:03] <sila> ((nuts))
[2015-01-24 14:35:20] <rkcgm> Havrasti. Roll perception versus standard to figure out where you are.
[2015-01-24 14:35:35] <havrasti> !d6,5 : Perception
[2015-01-24 14:35:35] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: 14. Partial totals: 4 5 2 2 1. Total: 14.
[2015-01-24 14:35:44] <rkcgm> !d6,3: versus
[2015-01-24 14:35:44] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 7. Partial totals: 1 5 1. Total: 7.
[2015-01-24 14:36:01] <sila> ((…just him?))
[2015-01-24 14:36:02] <havrasti> ((must be an easily recognizable place))
[2015-01-24 14:36:36] <rkcgm> Havrasti. You are at ten thousand feet altitude. This might not be such a problem, but you’re still in human form…
[2015-01-24 14:37:04] <sila> ((what DO I see?))
[2015-01-24 14:37:10] * Havrasti blinks against the wind, then starts undressing.
[2015-01-24 14:37:16] <rkcgm> ((I’ll get to that in a few moments.))
[2015-01-24 14:37:25] <sila> ((OK))
[2015-01-24 14:38:04] * Havrasti will shift once done… and then fly around catching his clothing. Hey, it’s pricy, and technically part of his hoard. No dragon will leave a part of their hoard behind :P
[2015-01-24 14:38:07] <rkcgm> Roll dex versus intermediate. You have plenty of time… probably…
[2015-01-24 14:38:16] <havrasti> !d6,5 : Dex
[2015-01-24 14:38:17] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Dex”: 19. Partial totals: 5 4 6 1 3. Total: 19.
[2015-01-24 14:38:19] <rkcgm> !d6,4: versus
[2015-01-24 14:38:20] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 18. Partial totals: 5 6 1 6. Total: 18.
[2015-01-24 14:38:43] <havrasti> ((and what happens if I fail that?))
[2015-01-24 14:39:17] <rkcgm> ((You’ll have to spend another round or two before you can shift.))
[2015-01-24 14:39:30] <havrasti> ((k, not desperate yet then))
[2015-01-24 14:39:50] <havrasti> ((so can I tell where I am besides 10,000 ft up in the air?))
[2015-01-24 14:39:55] <rkcgm> ((If you fail three in a row, I’d say you start feeling uncomfortable enough that the clothes can be sacrificed.))
[2015-01-24 14:40:20] <rkcgm> There is an ocean below you. Land looks far off to the west…
[2015-01-24 14:40:34] <rkcgm> !d6,4: take another try
[2015-01-24 14:40:34] <havrasti> ((ok, so I’ll be able to shift regardless, it’s only a matter of saving the clothing that the roll is for))
[2015-01-24 14:40:34] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “take another try”: 14. Partial totals: 5 2 2 5. Total: 14.
[2015-01-24 14:40:43] <havrasti> !d6,5 : Dex
[2015-01-24 14:40:43] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Dex”: 19. Partial totals: 3 6 3 4 3. Total: 19.
[2015-01-24 14:41:23] <rkcgm> Havrasti’s jacket gets stuck over his face, which causes a few tense moments, before he manages to get sufficiently natural to shift forms.
[2015-01-24 14:42:32] <rkcgm> ((You can now roll Luck versus standard to collect discarded clothing before it hits the ocean.))
[2015-01-24 14:42:38] <rkcgm> !d6,3: versus luck
[2015-01-24 14:42:38] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus luck”: 4. Partial totals: 1 2 1. Total: 4.
[2015-01-24 14:43:42] <havrasti> !d6,5 : Luck
[2015-01-24 14:43:42] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Luck”: 9. Partial totals: 1 1 1 3 3. Total: 9.
[2015-01-24 14:44:27] * Havrasti is not feeling too lucky today, but somehow manages to get everything
[2015-01-24 14:44:30] <rkcgm> Havrasti barely – BARELY – catches his shoes before they hit the waves.
[2015-01-24 14:46:24] <rkcgm> All right. Sila – roll perception versus standard to figure out where you are. Although you thought Havrasti was very close to you, he doesn’t seem to be there any more…
[2015-01-24 14:46:32] <sila> !6d6
[2015-01-24 14:46:32] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled 6d6: 19 = 19.
[2015-01-24 14:46:35] <rkcgm> !d6,3: versus
[2015-01-24 14:46:35] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 10. Partial totals: 3 2 5. Total: 10.
[2015-01-24 14:46:40] <sila> !d6,6
[2015-01-24 14:46:41] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled d6,6: 18. Partial totals: 3 5 2 4 3 1. Total: 18.
[2015-01-24 14:47:29] <rkcgm> Sila. I regret to inform you that you are in a very sizable cage.
[2015-01-24 14:47:54] * Sila roars. Yes, human form, but still.
[2015-01-24 14:48:04] <sila> ((what is outside the cage?))
[2015-01-24 14:48:58] <havrasti> ((and what is inside the cage besides Sila?))
[2015-01-24 14:49:33] <sila> ((surely I didn’t need a perception roll just to see I was surrounded by bars :P ))
[2015-01-24 14:49:39] <rkcgm> ((You remember the dragon-training arena from How To Train Your Dragon, the one that had the bars over it? Imagine something like that.))
[2015-01-24 14:49:57] <sila> ((OK))
[2015-01-24 14:50:33] <rkcgm> The cage has a bowl-like bottom, with thick iron bars making a dome overhead. Sila can see the tops of some trees nearby.
[2015-01-24 14:52:39] <rkcgm> There is nothing else in the cage. One might say, though, that if it weren’t for the bars, the place might not be an entirely uncomfortable place for a dragon to nap in the warm, warm sun.
[2015-01-24 14:56:45] <sila> ((so how are we going to run this split-party scenario? Havra goes, I go, People in the Palace go? Three window??))
[2015-01-24 14:57:20] <rkcgm> ((I was just going to take turns.))
[2015-01-24 14:57:26] <havrasti> ((three windows would be simplest to keep things organized, even if turns are taken))
[2015-01-24 14:57:35] <rkcgm> ((Okay.))
[2015-01-24 14:57:57] <ellie> ((Guys, we are soooo far behind in posting logs… three windows would be impossible to find later.))
[2015-01-24 14:58:09] <sila> (can we have real channels, not just private messages, so we can all watch each other?)
[2015-01-24 14:58:11] <rkcgm> ((True.))
[2015-01-24 14:58:12] <ellie> ((Since I’m the one who usually does them, I’d prefer it here, even if it means I have to sort things out later.))
[2015-01-24 14:58:33] <rkcgm> ((Let’s just keep it here. I don’t expect it will require that long.))
[2015-01-24 14:58:38] <sila> ((OK))
[2015-01-24 14:59:13] <rkcgm> Sila’s roar echoes outside of the cage.
[2015-01-24 14:59:18] <sila> ((Run it like initiative, then – telling each person when they are free to act?))
[2015-01-24 14:59:29] <havrasti> ((ok))
[2015-01-24 14:59:44] <rkcgm> ((Right.))
[2015-01-24 15:00:06] * Sila commences looking for a gate/door/exit
[2015-01-24 15:00:50] <rkcgm> There’s a gate where it looks like the bars retract into the surrounding stonework.
[2015-01-24 15:01:59] <sila> “…”
[2015-01-24 15:02:15] <sila> “HAVRASTI!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?”
[2015-01-24 15:02:57] <rkcgm> Sila hears voices outside. Clearly, someone has been alerted to her presence.
[2015-01-24 15:03:12] <sila> “Drat.”
[2015-01-24 15:03:53] <rkcgm> ((Do you wish to try anything else this round?))
[2015-01-24 15:04:03] <ellie> ((Port! Port!))
[2015-01-24 15:04:11] <sila> ((can I attempt the portal home this round, or am I out of seconds?))
[2015-01-24 15:04:13] <havrasti> ((can I hear her?))
[2015-01-24 15:04:37] <rkcgm> ((Heavens no – she’s MUCH too far away.))
[2015-01-24 15:05:09] <rkcgm> ((Sila: speed versus standard to see if you have any further actions remaining this round.))
[2015-01-24 15:05:18] <rkcgm> !d6,3: versus speed
[2015-01-24 15:05:19] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus speed”: 11. Partial totals: 4 3 4. Total: 11.
[2015-01-24 15:05:24] <sila> !1d6,5
[2015-01-24 15:05:24] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled 1d6,5: 20. Partial totals: 5 2 5 3 5. Total: 20.
[2015-01-24 15:05:36] <rkcgm> ((You have one action left.))
[2015-01-24 15:06:04] * Sila tries to hide in a corner of the gate she was examining while she attempts a portal – maybe the people will look for something bigger and not see her until it’s too late…
[2015-01-24 15:07:03] <sila> !1d6,6: take me home, I know the directions to home
[2015-01-24 15:07:04] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled “take me home, I know the directions to home”: 17. Partial totals: 5 1 2 4 3 2. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 15:07:38] <rkcgm> !d6,20: Sila discovers this place is designed to contain dragon sorcerers.
[2015-01-24 15:07:39] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Sila discovers this place is designed to contain dragon sorcerers.”: 77. Partial totals: 6 3 5 2 2 1 1 2 2 4 2 6 6 5 6 6 5 5 6 2. Total: 77.
[2015-01-24 15:08:01] <sila> “Sleg. It /is/ a dragon trap.”
[2015-01-24 15:08:28] * Sila presses up against the inside corner of those bars…if they open the gate, she’ll make a break for it (next turn)
[2015-01-24 15:09:14] <rkcgm> ((The Countess was that irritated with Havrasti. Yes, she’s signed her own death warrant…))
[2015-01-24 15:09:57] <rkcgm> Okay, back to Ellie and Llewelyn at the palace.
[2015-01-24 15:10:53] <rkcgm> There is a good deal of pandemonium. The Grand Duchess and the Marquis were slurped up by a portal; Sila and Havrasti were teleported; and Llewelyn tossed the Condessa through a portal of her own.
[2015-01-24 15:11:18] <ellie> ((Are there still portals hovering around?))
[2015-01-24 15:11:39] <rkcgm> ((Yes, but they’re moving more slowly now and starting to dissipate.))
[2015-01-24 15:11:52] <rkcgm> !d6,3: Roll dex to avoid them
[2015-01-24 15:11:52] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Roll dex to avoid them”: 10. Partial totals: 1 4 5. Total: 10.
[2015-01-24 15:12:01] <sila> ((I hope she went for a swim in eel-infested waters, or at least to whatever she had planned for the Duchess))
[2015-01-24 15:12:13] <rkcgm> !d6,6: dexterity
[2015-01-24 15:12:14] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “dexterity”: 21. Partial totals: 2 2 5 4 5 3. Total: 21.
[2015-01-24 15:12:22] <ellie> !d6, 5: Dex, still close quarters
[2015-01-24 15:12:23] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Dex, still close quarters”: 17. Partial totals: 5 4 1 1 6. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 15:12:30] <rkcgm> ((That was Llewelyn’s roll.))
[2015-01-24 15:12:38] <ellie> ((Oh.))
[2015-01-24 15:12:41] <rkcgm> Llewelyn and Ellie both avoid the portals.
[2015-01-24 15:13:50] <rkcgm> !d6,4: luck
[2015-01-24 15:13:50] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “luck”: 14. Partial totals: 2 3 6 3. Total: 14.
[2015-01-24 15:14:27] <ellie> !d6, 5: Before panicking about what we do, what are our options?
[2015-01-24 15:14:27] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Before panicking about what we do, what are our options?”: 16. Partial totals: 6 1 4 3 2. Total: 16.
[2015-01-24 15:14:47] |<—><rkcgm> !1d3: number of the portals still open
[2015-01-24 15:14:58] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “number of the portals still open”: 2 = 2.
[2015-01-24 15:15:57] <rkcgm> The portal Havrasti and Sila went through, and the portal the Grand Duchess went through, are still open.
[2015-01-24 15:16:28] <sila> ((maybe porting people makes them last a little longer))
[2015-01-24 15:16:42] * Ellie looks a little panicky, “What do we do? Who do we go after, or can we, or…?”
[2015-01-24 15:16:57] <ellie> She’s definitely looking to Llewellyn here…
[2015-01-24 15:17:02] <rkcgm> ((Clarification. It appears from this side that Havrasti and Sila went through the same portal.))
[2015-01-24 15:18:19] <rkcgm> Llewelyn holds up a hand. “Keep away from them. Sila can likely get back here in a few minutes, and then we can find the Grand Duchess.”
[2015-01-24 15:18:24] →| TGU_Tablet (TGU_Tablet@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 15:18:43] * Ellie follows his advice, and looks around the rest of the room to see how people are responding.
[2015-01-24 15:19:04] =
= Havrasti is now known as The_Grand_User
[2015-01-24 15:19:06] |<—>| The_Grand_User (the_grand_u@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 15:23:20] =-= Havrasti is now known as TGU_Tablet
[2015-01-24 15:23:25] =-= The_Grand_User is now known as Havrasti
[2015-01-24 15:23:41] <havrasti> ((so what’s going on?))
[2015-01-24 15:23:47] <ellie> ((Brock is typing))
[2015-01-24 15:24:17] <rkcgm> The rest of the guards are panicking. The few nobles present are panicking. The Condessa’s handmaids are panicking (one has been portaled.) And finally, Humble Prospero is panicking. The Old Man of the Mountain is not panicking, because… he’s dead?!
[2015-01-24 15:24:57] <havrasti> (eek!)
[2015-01-24 15:26:36] * Ellie sees the panic, and at least it galavinizes her somewhat out of her own. She decides to try and call some things to order. “Guards! Snap together! If I can do it, you can! Seize anyone aligned with the Countess. We’ll work on getting the Grand Duchess and Marquis back, and don’t you DARE act in a manner that would disappoint them when we do!”
[2015-01-24 15:26:56] <rkcgm> ((Roll charisma, intermediate.))
[2015-01-24 15:27:00] <rkcgm> !d6,4: versus
[2015-01-24 15:27:01] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 11. Partial totals: 2 2 5 2. Total: 11.
[2015-01-24 15:27:20] <ellie> !d6, 7: Persuading people to act
[2015-01-24 15:27:21] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Persuading people to act”: 28. Partial totals: 5 5 6 2 3 3 4. Total: 28.
[2015-01-24 15:28:40] <rkcgm> Ellie’s commanding voice snaps the guards back to their senses, and they herd the nobles away from the floating (and slowly-dissipating) portals. Humble Prospero also snaps out of his panic and bends over the Old Man to render healing.
[2015-01-24 15:30:34] * Ellie also turns her attention that way, “What’s wrong with him? Can I help?” She walks over that direction… though… she’s still nervous enough that she grabs Cinnamon up in one hand and Llewellyn’s hand in the other as she does. Llewellyn may feel her hand shaking from the adrenaline spike…
[2015-01-24 15:31:33] <rkcgm> Humble Prospero: “I’m not sure! He just fell over a few moments ago, and he’s not breathing.”
[2015-01-24 15:32:46] <rkcgm> Havrasti!
[2015-01-24 15:33:15] <rkcgm> You are flying over the ocean. Land looks some distance away, which your internal compass indicates as west.
[2015-01-24 15:34:13] * Havrasti does the only thing he can and flies for the land. Using his perfect memory of maps from both worlds and recent travels, he tries to figure out where he might be
[2015-01-24 15:35:06] <rkcgm> !d4,6: Minutes required to reach land
[2015-01-24 15:35:06] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “Minutes required to reach land”: 11. Partial totals: 1 3 1 3 1 2. Total: 11.
[2015-01-24 15:35:25] <rkcgm> Roll luck versus intermediate
[2015-01-24 15:35:38] <havrasti> !d6,5 : Luck
[2015-01-24 15:35:38] <dicedchilies> [Havrasti] rolled “Luck”: 17. Partial totals: 5 1 5 3 3. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 15:35:39] <rkcgm> !d6,4: intermediate luck
[2015-01-24 15:35:39] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “intermediate luck”: 13. Partial totals: 4 2 4 3. Total: 13.
[2015-01-24 15:36:07] <havrasti> ((yay))
[2015-01-24 15:36:21] <rkcgm> After ten minutes flying, Havrasti recognizes that cape to the left – he’s probably an hour’s flight away from the capital of Elmercina.
[2015-01-24 15:37:15] <havrasti> “Well, a fair bit ways off, but at least I’m not in the middle of Africa or something.”
[2015-01-24 15:37:33] * Havrasti resolves himself for the semi-long flight
[2015-01-24 15:37:56] <rkcgm> ((Done?))
[2015-01-24 15:38:10] * Havrasti thinks to himself “Though it would be nice to visit there after this, and hunt some elephants with Sila.”
[2015-01-24 15:38:26] <havrasti> ((I don’t have any other special ability I can use to do anything, so yes, done))
[2015-01-24 15:39:36] <rkcgm> Sila. Your shouts have attracted some attention. You are in a cage designed to hold dragons, and are unable to teleport or cast without first defeating some seriously strong magical interference.
[2015-01-24 15:40:45] * Sila is hiding in the corner of a gateway, hoping the “attention” will open the gate before they figure out she’s a dragon, (or before they figure out she’s in human form) and she can make a run for it
[2015-01-24 15:41:43] <rkcgm> Several humanoids come up to the bars on the other side. As you might expect, some appear to be elves.
[2015-01-24 15:42:53] * Sila shudders but keeps her eyes and ears open for opportunity
[2015-01-24 15:42:54] <rkcgm> Distant Voice: “What is going on out there? Who shouted?”
[2015-01-24 15:43:20] * Sila is not going to answer even if it’s a language she understands :P
[2015-01-24 15:44:10] <rkcgm> Servant: “I thought I heard someone in the old dragon cage, Master.”
[2015-01-24 15:45:25] <rkcgm> Several people approach the gate, and then step back.
[2015-01-24 15:45:38] <rkcgm> Servant: “Master, there’s a woman in the dragon cage.”
[2015-01-24 15:45:59] <sila> “…help, I was teleported here by an evil sorceress!”
[2015-01-24 15:46:10] <sila> (english :P )
[2015-01-24 15:47:19] <rkcgm> The ‘master’ comes up to the gate. He’s a tall, well-dressed elf with a very gloomy-looking disposition.
[2015-01-24 15:47:32] <rkcgm> Master: “Did anyone understand that?”
[2015-01-24 15:48:15] <sila> “Do you speak English? Parely vous Frencais? I hope you aren’t French speakers, my accent is terrible and my vocabulary miniscule.”
[2015-01-24 15:50:00] <rkcgm> Servant: “Sounds like the Alindon tongue, master. Sieffre speaks it.”
[2015-01-24 15:50:25] <sila> “I’ll take that as a no, I guess.”
[2015-01-24 15:51:03] <sila> “Care to let me out, maybe?”
[2015-01-24 15:51:05] <rkcgm> Someone runs off; and another servant returns a few moments later. “You summoned me, sir?”
[2015-01-24 15:51:13] * Sila makes an opening gesture at the people outside the gate
[2015-01-24 15:51:27] <rkcgm> Master: “There’s someone in the old dragon cage. We think she speaks Alindon.”
[2015-01-24 15:51:46] <rkcgm> ((A short conversation ensues.))
[2015-01-24 15:51:56] <rkcgm> Sieffre: “Hello in there!” (passable English.))
[2015-01-24 15:53:06] <sila> “Hello? Help! An evil sorceress teleported me here! I’m supposed to be in Elmercina presenting a diplomatic pouch to the Duchess’s court.”
[2015-01-24 15:54:01] <rkcgm> Sieffre: “Supposed to be in Elmercina? How did you end up in our dragon cage?”
[2015-01-24 15:55:32] <sila> “I don’t know what the spell was exactly. I think it was going wrong when it hit me though, maybe it put me in the wrong place? Or maybe the assassin thought I’d be eaten by a dragon here?”
[2015-01-24 15:56:07] <rkcgm> The servant translates all this to the Master.
[2015-01-24 15:56:14] <rkcgm> ((Does Sila speak Elvish, btw?))
[2015-01-24 15:57:29] <sila> ((not that I know of. English and Draconic from growing up, a little French from hanging around Anna))
[2015-01-24 15:57:37] <havrasti> ((I would think she’d have been taught it as the language of the enemy))
[2015-01-24 15:58:22] <havrasti> ((but I don’t think character creation/our sheets have a bit for languages :P ))
[2015-01-24 15:59:14] <rkcgm> The two elves converse for a few moments, and then the Master comes up to the door, scowling at Sila.
[2015-01-24 15:59:25] <sila> ((I don’t see anything on my character sheet that officially records languages either. Would I have had to spend a skill on it?))
[2015-01-24 16:00:18] * Sila mentally plots an escape route around the scary elves and into the trees…
[2015-01-24 16:02:15] <rkcgm> The Master speaks in Draconic. “Frankly, I am unconvinced.”
[2015-01-24 16:03:05] * Sila tries to maintain the blank “hurry up and get back to translating” expression she has a moment ago
[2015-01-24 16:04:21] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I designed this cage myself. It’s designed to hold dragons – and its pattern tells me it is currently involved in restraining one right now.”
[2015-01-24 16:05:25] * Sila tries to think fast behind her hopefully unchanged expression…
[2015-01-24 16:06:09] <sila> ((need a bathroom break, actually; go ahead and hit the other parties while I afk?))
[2015-01-24 16:06:24] <rkcgm> ((Okay.))
[2015-01-24 16:06:34] <rkcgm> Back to Ellie and Llewelyn.
[2015-01-24 16:07:20] <rkcgm> Order is being restored in the court, but the Old Man of the Mountain is apparently dead on the floor.
[2015-01-24 16:07:31] <rkcgm> The portals, incidentally, slowly dissipate.
[2015-01-24 16:07:51] * Ellie examines the Old Man to ensure he really is dead and there’s nothing she can do for him.
[2015-01-24 16:08:20] <rkcgm> !d6,4: versus
[2015-01-24 16:08:21] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 17. Partial totals: 3 3 6 5. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 16:08:29] <ellie> !d6, 7: Intelligence with First Aid
[2015-01-24 16:08:29] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Intelligence with First Aid”: 25. Partial totals: 4 5 3 3 6 1 3. Total: 25.
[2015-01-24 16:11:01] <rkcgm> Ellie believes the Old Man of the Mountain probably suffered a heart attack when the magic started flying.
[2015-01-24 16:11:49] * Ellie considers the situation. His heart has stopped, but… well, trying healing can’t hurt him worse than he is right now…
[2015-01-24 16:12:14] <rkcgm> !d6,5: versus difficult
[2015-01-24 16:12:15] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus difficult”: 17. Partial totals: 5 5 1 1 5. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 16:12:23] <ellie> !d6, 7: Healing magic, trying to re-start a stopped heart, aided by first aid knowledge
[2015-01-24 16:12:24] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “Healing magic, trying to re-start a stopped heart, aided by first aid knowledge”: 29. Partial totals: 5 5 2 1 6 4 6. Total: 29.
[2015-01-24 16:13:06] <rkcgm> The Old Man starts breathing again, a little raggedly.
[2015-01-24 16:13:31] <rkcgm> Humble Prospero: “He still lives! God be praised!”
[2015-01-24 16:14:29] * Ellie seeks to determine whether there’s anything else she can do, while speaking to The Old Man, asking, “Can you hear me? Are you awake?”
[2015-01-24 16:14:47] <rkcgm> Old Man: “Guurrrgh.”
[2015-01-24 16:14:58] <sila> ((who is the current president? wait, that question doesn’t work here.))
[2015-01-24 16:16:33] <ellie> “Be careful, lie still.” Ellie seeks with her healing magic for any further damage she can fix…
[2015-01-24 16:17:03] <rkcgm> !d6,3: standard versus
[2015-01-24 16:17:04] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “standard versus”: 7. Partial totals: 3 1 3. Total: 7.
[2015-01-24 16:17:08] <ellie> !d6, 6: trying to make sure he’s as healthy as she can…
[2015-01-24 16:17:09] <dicedchilies> [Ellie] rolled “trying to make sure he’s as healthy as she can…”: 16. Partial totals: 2 3 2 2 4 3. Total: 16.
[2015-01-24 16:18:14] <rkcgm> The Old Man is, as his nickname indicates, aged. His recovery will likely be long, but thanks to Ellie and Prospero, there actually will be a recovery…
[2015-01-24 16:19:07] * Ellie calls over some palace servants and tells them to take him to a bed where he can lie down and be comfortable, and to care for him as they would someone recovering from an illness.
[2015-01-24 16:19:24] <ellie> She then looks to Llewelyn, “Is there… anything else we can do now?”
[2015-01-24 16:20:05] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I don’t believe there is. I’m surprised Havrasti and Sila haven’t returned yet…”
[2015-01-24 16:20:32] <ellie> “We don’t know what was on the other side of those portals. What if they can’t return?”
[2015-01-24 16:22:05] <rkcgm> Llewelyn ponders. “I don’t know. I can try to see if I can pry open the portal Sila and Havrasti went through – enough for us to use – but that would be a long shot.”
[2015-01-24 16:23:21] <ellie> “Well… I don’t know. I don’t like this. We’re cut off from them right now, and we can’t follow, and we have no way of tracking down the Grand Duchess and Marquis, either…”
[2015-01-24 16:23:46] <sila> ((following either of us could be Very Very Bad))
[2015-01-24 16:24:02] <ellie> “It just feels… wrong, just sitting here. …Suppose I could be praying. But I also don’t know…”
[2015-01-24 16:24:06] <rkcgm> ((Yes. We don’t know that. :P ))
[2015-01-24 16:24:19] <sila> ((Oh I know, just saying :P ))
[2015-01-24 16:25:18] * Havrasti flies on, and on, and on. He passes over the occasional village and chuckles a bit at the distant cries of “Eeeek! Dragon!” from below.
[2015-01-24 16:26:26] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Let me see what I can do about the portal, then. But don’t get your hopes up on that count.”
[2015-01-24 16:26:48] <rkcgm> Llewelyn sits down and concentrates on that issue.
[2015-01-24 16:27:13] <rkcgm> !d6,5: perception versus difficult
[2015-01-24 16:27:14] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “perception versus difficult”: 19. Partial totals: 6 5 2 2 4. Total: 19.
[2015-01-24 16:27:22] <rkcgm> !d6,5: versus
[2015-01-24 16:27:23] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 17. Partial totals: 2 2 4 3 6. Total: 17.
[2015-01-24 16:27:36] * Ellie has just about run out of galvinization. She finds a seat on the floor out of the way, increasingly shaky and maybe a bit teary, and prays. /Please guide us, Lord. Please help us get Sila and Havrasti and the Grand Duchess and Marquis back. Please keep them safe…/
[2015-01-24 16:27:51] <ellie> She keeps her eyes on Llewelyn, though.
[2015-01-24 16:28:44] <rkcgm> After a few minutes, Llewelyn frowns. “That’s… odd. Hey Ellie?”
[2015-01-24 16:28:57] * Ellie looks up. “What?”
[2015-01-24 16:29:12] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “What happened to the Old Man of the Mountain?”
[2015-01-24 16:29:24] <ellie> “He’d had a heart attack. Why?”
[2015-01-24 16:30:13] <rkcgm> Llewelyn frowns and moves over closer to where the Old Man had been standing, and puts a hand on the floor.
[2015-01-24 16:30:38] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Correction. He had his heart attacked.”
[2015-01-24 16:31:13] <ellie> What do you mean?
[2015-01-24 16:31:17] <rkcgm> Llewelyn: “Our assassin missed again…”
[2015-01-24 16:31:23] <rkcgm> SILA
[2015-01-24 16:31:36] <rkcgm> ((I want to finish with Sila before the session ends.))
[2015-01-24 16:31:56] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I designed this cage myself. It’s designed to hold dragons – and its pattern tells me it is currently involved in restraining one right now.”01
[2015-01-24 16:32:12] <sila> “Hey, uh Translator? Your boss is giving me the evil eye – does he have something against red-heads? What do I need to know here?”
[2015-01-24 16:33:18] <rkcgm> The Tadhg (still in Draconic): “I like red-heads very much. But I dislike people, even dragons, lying to me.”
[2015-01-24 16:33:50] <rkcgm> ((Translator translated that from English.))
[2015-01-24 16:34:01] * Sila sighs
[2015-01-24 16:35:27] <sila> (draconic) “So get a truth stone and I’ll tell you again. Some crazy sorceress teleported me here from the Elmercinian palace. I have no idea where I am, and I’m not at all sure that the destination was intentional.”
[2015-01-24 16:37:25] <sila> “I have nothing against you that I know of, leaving aside the question of why you felt the need to build a dragon cage. Let me out and I’ll be gone in minutes.”
[2015-01-24 16:37:26] <rkcgm> The elf folds his arms in front of him. “Ah. You’re one of the American ambassadors – the young dragoness I’ve heard rumors about.”
[2015-01-24 16:37:53] <havrasti> ((…uh oh))
[2015-01-24 16:38:12] <sila> “…you’ve heard rumors? So where am I then, somewhere in Elmercina still? Or Alamanche again?”
[2015-01-24 16:38:25] <rkcgm> The elf: “Starmarch.”
[2015-01-24 16:38:41] <rkcgm> “I am The Tadhg, the chief sorcerer of Ruadhri, the King of Starmarch. You may have heard of me.”
[2015-01-24 16:38:55] <sila> “Ah. The name has come up once or twice.”
[2015-01-24 16:40:31] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I dare say it has.”
[2015-01-24 16:41:54] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I won’t tax you by demanding your name. I don’t particularly care about that anyway.”
[2015-01-24 16:42:01] <sila> “I don’t suppose you’d like to actually consider my offer to leave peaceably, removing you from involvement in somebody else’s domestic troubles? Because I can’t say I liked what I heard, but unless you were /expecting/ me, I’m currently disinclined to make things more complicated than they need to be.”
[2015-01-24 16:42:16] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “Why were you sent here from Elmercina, and by whom?”
[2015-01-24 16:43:14] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I may consider it. Why were you sent here from Elmercina, and by whom?”
[2015-01-24 16:43:29] <sila> “I told you the truth in the first place. Someone in Elmercina is trying to get themselves executed for treason, and my ambassadorial party got in the way of an assassination. There were spell portals flying every direction, and I fell into one presumably at random.”
[2015-01-24 16:43:30] <rkcgm> ((Replace the above line with the second.))
[2015-01-24 16:44:25] <sila> “I was, ah, distracted by trying to break the caster’s concentration – ironic, that.”
[2015-01-24 16:44:37] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “Ah. That court has more intrigues than it has courtiers. It doesn’t surprise me.”
[2015-01-24 16:45:09] * Sila sighs
[2015-01-24 16:46:26] <sila> “Most of the ambassadors instructions before this jaunt consisted of a list of people I was not to eat, even if someone asked me to. I guess if I meet the lunatic again I’ll have to express my opinion of all this some other way.”"
[2015-01-24 16:47:24] <rkcgm> The Tadhg laughs. He sounds kinda crazy when he laughs. “Aye. Sounds like good instruction to give a dragon ambassador.”
[2015-01-24 16:48:13] <sila> “It’s not my usual way of expressing myself, yet I /am/ beginning to understand why he felt the need to make a list this time, all things considered.”
[2015-01-24 16:48:48] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “And if you return to Elmercina, who is on your list?”
[2015-01-24 16:50:30] <sila> “To eat, you mean? Nobody, I promised. To write strongly worded letters about? …I mean you no offense, but I’m not certain I should be discussing this with foreign nationals. An Elmercinian magess, as you can deduce from the truth I have already told you.”
[2015-01-24 16:51:17] <rkcgm> The Tadhg seems to be mulling something over.
[2015-01-24 16:51:26] <sila> "Mostly I want to rejoin my party, make sure the Duchess is all right, present the dang pouch, and go /home/ "
[2015-01-24 16:52:42] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “Ah. Then you were at odds with the Condessa, and not the Grand Duchess. Unsurprising. The Condessa’s reach exceeds her grasp.”
[2015-01-24 16:53:24] <sila> “Excessive does seem to be her stock in trade.”
[2015-01-24 16:53:53] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “If I release you – and I make no promises yet – I desire a boon in return.”
[2015-01-24 16:54:09] <sila> “I make no promises, but I’m willing to hear your request.”
[2015-01-24 16:56:02] <sila> ((thinking: I can’t think of anything you’d want that I’d be willing to grant you, but hey, I could be wrong))
[2015-01-24 17:00:05] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “The Condessa’s reach brought her into the grasp of a power more formidable than she.”
[2015-01-24 17:00:42] <sila> “…Oh?”
[2015-01-24 17:01:57] <sila> “Not that I have any trouble believing there are a number or powers more formidable than the Condessa, mind, but last I knew she was flailing around the palace.”
[2015-01-24 17:03:27] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “It is an ancient thing made by the dragons in the ancient wars between your kind and ours. I doubt she, or even you, knows what it is – but it is perilous to the human races.”
[2015-01-24 17:03:55] <havrasti> ((human races? plural?))
[2015-01-24 17:04:26] <rkcgm> ((Yes. Exact term in draconic would probably be ‘humanoid’ tho.))
[2015-01-24 17:04:51] <sila> “That’s interesting, I guess? Wait. Are you about to ask me to rescue her?”
[2015-01-24 17:08:18] <rkcgm> The Tadhg laughs. This time he sounds both crazy and a little cruel. “I don’t care about the puppet, merely the puppeteer.”
[2015-01-24 17:08:45] <sila> “…I’m sorry I don’t follow.”
[2015-01-24 17:10:02] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “You don’t? Tsk.”
[2015-01-24 17:10:27] <sila> “Are you saying you don’t care about the condessa, don’t care about the Thing, or don’t care about me? Not that I’m under any illusions about that last one.”
[2015-01-24 17:11:31] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I don’t care what you do, or do not, to the Condessa. But the thing that has grasped her – ah, that I do care about.”
[2015-01-24 17:12:02] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “Do not suffer it to live.”
[2015-01-24 17:12:45] <sila> “Not knowing what it is, I’m uncertain if I am even capable to promise such a thing.”
[2015-01-24 17:13:56] <sila> “Wait, it’s alive?”
[2015-01-24 17:14:25] <sila> “I thought you said some dragons /made/ it.”
[2015-01-24 17:16:36] <rkcgm> The Tadhg shrugs. “It seems to be the embodied malice of the ancient dragons. More than that I really can’t say, other than that it attempts to seduce humanoid beings to its power.”
[2015-01-24 17:17:25] <sila> “Um. Based on the information I have so far, that sounds like something I would want to shut down, assuming I knew where it was and had the power and so on.”
[2015-01-24 17:19:49] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “I thought you would.”
[2015-01-24 17:20:22] <sila> “Embodiments of malice seem to me to be bad ideas on general principles. Dare one inquire as to why you care about this one particularly? Given that you couldn’t care less about the condessa.”
[2015-01-24 17:21:28] <rkcgm> The Tadhg pauses and studies Sila, then waves for his servants to draw back out of earshot.
[2015-01-24 17:23:38] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: “Because my reach has also exceeded my grasp. Now get out of my cage and be ye gone.”
[2015-01-24 17:24:15] <rkcgm> The Tadhg turns and stalks off, waving a hand over his shoulder as he goes. Two bars in the gate retract, allowing Sila to exit.
[2015-01-24 17:24:58] * Sila wastes not time exiting and casting a portal
[2015-01-24 17:25:32] <sila> !6d6: HOME I SAY!
[2015-01-24 17:25:32] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled “HOME I SAY!”: 14 = 14.
[2015-01-24 17:25:38] <sila> !d6,6: HOME I SAY!
[2015-01-24 17:25:39] <dicedchilies> [Sila] rolled “HOME I SAY!”: 21. Partial totals: 1 6 5 2 5 2. Total: 21.
[2015-01-24 17:26:09] <rkcgm> !d6,4: versus
[2015-01-24 17:26:10] <dicedchilies> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: 12. Partial totals: 4 2 3 3. Total: 12.
[2015-01-24 17:26:22] <rkcgm> Now you’re thinking with portals.
[2015-01-24 17:26:38] <sila> “Hi Douglas. Boy have I got a report for you….”
== END LOG ==

[2015-01-24 17:27:05] <havrasti> hehehe
[2015-01-24 17:27:07] =-= Havrasti is now known as The_Grand_User
[2015-01-24 17:27:11] <rkcgm> That seems like a good breaking point.
[2015-01-24 17:27:12] =-= YOU are now known as Dragonhawk
[2015-01-24 17:27:15] <dragonhawk> Yep
[2015-01-24 17:27:15] <the_grand_user> yep
[2015-01-24 17:28:06] <dragonhawk> So I have made no promises, nor do I have any clue how to act on the goal he asked me to pursue
[2015-01-24 17:28:50] <dragonhawk> Sila does feel that if the dragons have left around an “embodiment of malice” it probably should be cleaned up, but lacking better intelligence…
[2015-01-24 17:28:55] <ellie> I think The Tadgh would believe you had, but… he may also be banking on having asked you to do something you really would want to do.
[2015-01-24 17:29:19] <ellie> You’ll need to find it the same way you’ll need to find the Grand Duchess – try to see if you can find traces of where the portals went.
[2015-01-24 17:29:30] <the_grand_user> mmhmm
[2015-01-24 17:29:44] <rkcgm> The Tadhg knows you never “promised”.
[2015-01-24 17:29:55] <dragonhawk> Sila: “Wait wait wait. Ellie. Are YOU asking me to save the Condessa?!?”
[2015-01-24 17:30:10] =-= Ellie is now known as Wayfarer
[2015-01-24 17:30:23] <wayfarer> Ellie is more concerned about finding the Grand Duchess.
[2015-01-24 17:30:24] <dragonhawk> He’s counting on Sila’s moral principles to enforce it for him?
[2015-01-24 17:30:28] <wayfarer> First things first, and that’s first.
[2015-01-24 17:30:54] <wayfarer> her player was commenting on how you could fulfill the request
[2015-01-24 17:30:57] <rkcgm> OOC: The Tadhg mainly did this as a way to force you to dig deeper when you go after the Condessa – rather than just chomping her and having done.
[2015-01-24 17:31:24] <wayfarer> Heee. So he’s assuming that we would be going after her, anyway. :-p
[2015-01-24 17:31:40] <dragonhawk> aaaaah, he’s implying that she was /already in the thing’s power/
[2015-01-24 17:31:56] <dragonhawk> not just before she got thrown into a portal
[2015-01-24 17:32:00] <dragonhawk> …
[2015-01-24 17:32:09] <dragonhawk> not just BECAUSE she got thrown into a portal
[2015-01-24 17:32:36] <rkcgm> Yes.
[2015-01-24 17:32:48] <wayfarer> Aaah, see… I totally didn’t pick that up. :-p
[2015-01-24 17:32:55] <dragonhawk> that makes SO much more sense
[2015-01-24 17:33:34] <rkcgm> Huh. I thought it was obvious. :P
[2015-01-24 17:33:38] <dragonhawk> …and Sila might well have picked it up when I didn’t because she didn’t /know/ about the condessa being thrown into a portal
[2015-01-24 17:33:45] <dragonhawk> so she wouldn’t get hung up on that
[2015-01-24 17:33:56] <dragonhawk> like I apparently did :P
[2015-01-24 17:34:02] <wayfarer> Yeah, so did I
[2015-01-24 17:34:04] <the_grand_user> metagaming! :P :D
[2015-01-24 17:34:29] <dragonhawk> you try to keep the IC and OOC info separate, but sometimes it catches you anyway :P
[2015-01-24 17:35:08] <dragonhawk> but that explains teh puppet/ puppeteer analogy, which I really wasn’t getting until now
[2015-01-24 17:35:15] <wayfarer> Yeah
[2015-01-24 17:35:40] <dragonhawk> …heh, the Tadgh didn’t believe me about not eating her because the ambassador said I couldn’t :P
[2015-01-24 17:36:51] <dragonhawk> huh. So that last comment comes out as either “The thing’s trying to control me too,” or “I’m controlled by Raudhri and it makes me feel sorry for anyone else controlled.”
[2015-01-24 17:36:55] <rkcgm> The Tadhg: "Dragons will eat people. It’s in their nature. The “good” dragons just eat fewer of them and limit themselves to ‘the evil ones’."
[2015-01-24 17:37:19] <wayfarer> I’d lean away from the “feeling sorry.”
[2015-01-24 17:37:29] <rkcgm> Never has evil been so tasty!
[2015-01-24 17:37:37] <wayfarer> I makes lots of sense if he’s in the same thing’s clutches, and wants it eliminated to free himself.
[2015-01-24 17:37:39] <the_grand_user> Evil is tasty! :D
[2015-01-24 17:37:41] <wayfarer> Also might explain how he knew.
[2015-01-24 17:37:49] <the_grand_user> (unless it’s undead evil :P )
[2015-01-24 17:38:12] <dragonhawk> …maybe I should put the second one as “I’m controlled therefore I hate all things that controll people this way.” or something
[2015-01-24 17:38:32] <wayfarer> Mmm. Still don’t see him as a figure with that much empathy. :-p
[2015-01-24 17:38:47] <dragonhawk> that would be inconsistent with how he treated Havrasti, but I don’t expect half-insane evil persons to be entirely consistent :P
[2015-01-24 17:39:24] <the_grand_user> well, Havrasti was a dragon, not a humanoid
[2015-01-24 17:39:25] <the_grand_user> :P
[2015-01-24 17:39:32] <dragonhawk> heh
[2015-01-24 17:39:44] <wayfarer> I think he’s being controlled by the same thing.
[2015-01-24 17:40:06] <dragonhawk> If he was, would he be able to keep dragons prisoner?
[2015-01-24 17:40:25] <wayfarer> Depends on the level of control, and the attitude of the thing toward dragons.
[2015-01-24 17:40:31] <dragonhawk> …
[2015-01-24 17:40:41] <dragonhawk> of course… he /did/ just release a dragon…
[2015-01-24 17:41:03] <wayfarer> Dragons may have made it, but if it’s an embodiment of dragon malice, it may not care about dragons that are, say, friendly to humanoids.
[2015-01-24 17:41:56] |<—><dragonhawk> Sila to Maia: Mom, your generation left a /mess/ lying around. Shame on you all, leaving war toys lying around where people could step in them!
[2015-01-24 17:42:28] <rkcgm> lol
[2015-01-24 17:42:43] <the_grand_user> hehe
[2015-01-24 17:43:01] <the_grand_user> while Sila is back home, maybe she should check on what her mom knows of this
[2015-01-24 17:43:18] <dragonhawk> her mom is in Alamanche :P
[2015-01-24 17:43:41] <wayfarer> Weren’t they heading home?
[2015-01-24 17:44:11] <dragonhawk> I thought they were hanging out with the Ambassador while we made our side trip?
[2015-01-24 17:44:26] <the_grand_user> Anna went home certainly
[2015-01-24 17:45:04] <dragonhawk> Oh, GM…
[2015-01-24 17:46:19] <wayfarer> Um… he’ll be a minute. Tanks. :-p
[2015-01-24 17:46:39] <dragonhawk> figured
[2015-01-24 17:46:45] <dragonhawk> TGU is blowing up something behind me too
[2015-01-24 17:47:30] <the_grand_user> not blowing up, being blown up :P
[2015-01-24 17:49:11] →| TGU_Tablet (TGU_Tablet@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 17:49:16] |<
→| The_Grand_User (the_grand_u@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 20:38:37] |<—><—>| TGU_Tablet (TGU_Tablet@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 22:48:57] |<—>| TGU_Tablet (TGU_Tablet@Nightstar-ujq4al.wa.comcast.net) has joined #herebedragons
[2015-01-24 23:05:01] |<— TGU_Tablet has left irc.nightstar.net ([NS] Quit: )

Log 059

Red King's Command BrockPaine