Log 036

<~brock> == START GLUG ==
<~brock> Last time, in Red King’s Command, you were staying at a nice hotel in the Alamanchene port town of Saint-Jerome. They know how to treat guests and dignitaries here; and so they gave you a nice warm place to sleep.
<~brock> You are all happily enjoying your sleep, when…
<~brock> ((Roll Luck, looking for the highest two rolls in the group. Anna and Sam included.))
<havrasti> ((I’ve got 5d6))
<~brock> ((Sorry – everyone roll.))
<havrasti> !5d6 : Luck
<ellie> ((Can one of you bring in a dicebot?))
<havrasti> ((…right))
<sila> !4d6: Sila’s luck
<havrasti> !5d6 : Luck
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Luck”: (4+2+6+5+1) = 18.
<sila> !2d6: Sam’s luck
<llewelyn> !3d6: luck
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sam’s luck”: (5+5) = 10.
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “luck”: (6+4+4) = 14.
<sila> !4d6: Sila’s luck
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sila’s luck”: (4+1+6+6) = 17.
<ellie> !5d6: luck for Ellie
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “luck for Ellie”: (4+2+3+5+1) = 15.
<~brock> !4d6: Anna’s luck
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s luck”: (1+2+1+4) = 8.
<~brock> ((Looks like Sila got the highest, followed by Havrasti.))
<~brock> Havrasti is sleeping peacefully in his nice made-for-a-dragon hotel room. Peacefully, that is, until someone in the garb of a maid runs in and smacks him on the nose. “Wake up! Wake up and get out!”
<~brock> Sila is also sleeping peacefully; that is, until she thinks she hears a noise at her window. For some reason, she wakes up thinking it’s her dad.
<sila> "Zzzz…whu-huh? Da- wait, that doesn’t – "
^ Sila looks at the window
<~brock> ((Roll perception.))
^ Havrasti snots
<havrasti> ^snorts
<havrasti> “erm… what?”
<~brock> !3d6: versus perception for Sila
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus perception for Sila”: (2+5+3) = 10.
<sila> !6d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 6d6: (5+6+5+4+1+4) = 25.
<havrasti> sleepily “What’s going on? Why are you here? Is it breakfast?”
<~brock> Sila doesn’t see anything outside the window but darkness and shadows. But she hears the sound of wind tearing through the treetops, and it’s an unusually disconcerting sound.
<~brock> Havrasti, roll perception versus standard.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (3+4+6+3+4) = 20.
<~brock> !3d6: versus perception for Havrasti
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus perception for Havrasti”: (6+5+1) = 12.
<sila> “That doesn’t quite sound like normal weather…”
^ Sila shifts uneasily
<~brock> That’s odd – Havrasti would swear a maid just ran in and smacked him on the nose, but she’s gone now; still, his nose stings really badly…
<sila> “…Havrasti might know how to tell normal from strange more reliably…”
^ Havrasti looks around the room
^ Sila stops talking to herself and goes to find Havrasti
<~brock> The nice clock in the hallway chimes 2:45 AM.
^ Havrasti opens his door when he hears Sila knocking
<sila> “Havra? I’m sorry to wake you, but I’m hearing…well, funny sounds…”
<havrasti> “Hello, Sila, did you see a maid in the hall?”
<sila> “Maid?”
<sila> ((did I?))
<~brock> ((Definitely not.))
<sila> “I didn’t see anyone, it’s not quite 3am.”
<sila> “Why would there be a maid?”
<havrasti> “Huh, could’ve sworn one ran in my room and hit me on the nose… what’s this about funny sounds?”
<sila> “Hit you on the /nose/ at 3am?!?”
<sila> “Why would anyone do that?”
<~brock> Roll perception versus easy, Havrasti
<~brock> !2d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 2d6: (1+1) = 2.
<havrasti> "…She was saying… “Wake up! Wake up! Get out!” … rather ominous."
<~brock> ((Actually, with that roll, don’t bother. :P ))
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception, but do I need to bother really :P
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception, but do I need to bother really :P”: (5+5+1+3+5) = 19.
<~brock> Havrasti’s nose is still definitely stinging from getting wacked. Definitely not imagined. Definitely real.
<sila> “Um…sounds at the window I think? And the wind doesn’t sound /right/ but I don’t know whether to take that seriously or not…get out of what? The room? The building?”
<sila> “…I’m going to go wake the others.”
<havrasti> “Might be best.”
<havrasti> “Maybe Llewelyn can find traces of this maid.”
<sila> “I’ll take the ones on this side of the stairs, you take that side.”
^ Havrasti goes for Llewelyn’s room
^ Llewelyn is sleeping in his room. The way he sleeps, it will take a willpower roll to wake him.
^ Sila gets her mom and Sam and Anna
<havrasti> (or at least wake just him and not the whole building ;) )
^ Havrasti could easily wake the whole building
^ Llewelyn can sleep through that, in some circumstances.
<havrasti> knocks “Hey! Llewelyn! Wake up!”
<havrasti> (do I roll the will or Llewelyn?)
<~brock> !4d6: Havrasti needs to beat this roll to wake Llewelyn up
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Havrasti needs to beat this roll to wake Llewelyn up”: (1+3+1+2) = 7.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Havrasti’s will against Llewelyn’s sleep
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Havrasti’s will against Llewelyn’s sleep”: (1+6+5+6+2) = 20.
<sila> Maia: “What? Suspicious noises /and/ suspicious people? Quick, wake your brother!”
^ Llewelyn answers his door. “Havrasti? I was just going to sleep… what’s wrong?”
<sila> Sam: “What? It’s the middle of the – get out? Was it an ally giving warning or an enemy wanting us gone?”
^ Havrasti explains the situation to Llewelyn
<llewelyn> “All right, let’s look for this maid… if she’s still here.”
^ Sila gets Anna third, and heads back towards the central stairway
<~brock> Anna comes out into the hall (in human form) still wearing her pajamas, which have fuzzy ducklings printed on them. However, she does happen to have her submachine gun.
^ Havrasti heads back to his room with Llewelyn
<sila> ^Sam admires a girl with priorities – he only has his pocket knife and his magic…
<llewelyn> “Where’s Ellie?”
<sila> “Havrasti, didn’t you wake her? I’ll get her.”
<havrasti> “Oh, didn’t get her up, yet.”
<sila> “You find the crazy maid, I’ll get her!”
^ Llewelyn stands in Havrasti’s room, looking around.
^ Sila knocks loudly at Ellie’s door, calling down the hallway “And don’t hang around in the room you were told to get out of! What if it WAS a warning?”
<sila> ((bet that only woke 1/3 of the other patrons :P ))
^ Llewelyn is a mage, and thus accustomed to doing stupid and ill-advised stuff.
<ellie> The combination of said call and loud knocking is a disconcerting thing to wake up to. Ellie comes to the door disgruntled and wrapped in a blanket. She opens it just enough to peek out. “What is going on?!” She half-mumbles, half-grumbles.
^ Llewelyn does a bit of quick magic – not his ‘look-into-the-past’ thing, but something else.
<llewelyn> !8d6: intelligence plus magic versus standard
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “intelligence plus magic versus standard”: (5+1+3+4+6+5+2+4) = 30.
<~brock> !3d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 3d6: (5+2+2) = 9.
<llewelyn> “Havrasti, there was nobody here except for you.”
<havrasti> “So why does my nose hurt?”
<llewelyn> “I… don’t know the answer to that question..”
<sila> “Someone woke Havrasti up in the middle of the night and told him to ‘wake up and get out’ but not why.”
<sila> “And the weather sounds wrong, but everyone’s too focussed on the maid to think about that.”
^ Ellie sighs. “Let me get dressed. And maybe more awake. Be back in a minute.”
<sila> “She’s apparently a teleporting maid, because she left Havra’s room while I was coming to ask him if /he/ thought the weather sounded wrong too, but I didn’t see her.”
<~brock> Anna comes into Havrasti’s room. “What on earth is going on?”
^ Sila talks through the door while Ellie dresses
^ Havrasti explains yet again, and that his nose hurt, yes, so something was real there for a bit
<sila> ^Sam walks a fine line between “having Anna’s back” and “hovering protectively”
^ Ellie returns shortly in actual daytime clothes, carrying Cinnamon Sugar with her. She did listen to Sila’s further explanation as she dressed.
<ellie> “Okay, so two weird things. The others are focusing on one. What exactly can I do?” When it comes to missing sleep, Ellie is all about the bottom line. :-p
<~brock> Anna: “And Sila heard something outside?”
<sila> “What do you think? Does the wind sound weird to you?”
^ Ellie listens. ((Dunno, GM, does the wind sound weird?))
<~brock> The wind sounds like it’s about to break the upper branches of at least half of the trees surrounding the hotel – but over and above that, it’s whistling through something in the architecture.
^ Sila leads Ellie back to Havrasti’s room
<sila> “My wild theory is that a hurricane or something is coming down and we’re ignoring the storm-basement warning because we didn’t recognize it.”
<~brock> It sounds like entirely normal, explainable sounds… but somehow a bit more unsettling than it should be.
<sila> Sam: “MY wild theory is that someone’s doing weather magic, and wants us to run out into it.”
<~brock> Anna goes to the window and draws back the curtain.
<~brock> ((All, roll perception versus standard.))
<~brock> !3d6: versus standard
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus standard”: (4+4+6) = 14.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (5+5+6+1+1) = 18.
<~brock> !5d6: Anna’s perception
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s perception”: (5+2+1+6+2) = 16.
<ellie_> !7d6: Perception, with her notice sharpened
<karmabot> [Ellie_] rolled “Perception, with her notice sharpened”: (4+4+5+3+1+3+5) = 25.
<llewelyn> !5d6: perception
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “perception”: (3+1+6+2+5) = 17.
^ Ellie is still sleepy.
<sila> !6d6: Sila perception
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sila perception”: (2+6+2+4+5+4) = 23.
<sila> !3d6: Sam perception
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sam perception”: (6+1+1) = 8.
<~brock> Everyone but Ellie and Sam notice the glass has been discolored and cracked – the discoloration and cracks forming the shape of words: FLY SOUTH, IT IS NEAR.
<~brock> Outside the window, it doesn’t look stormy at all. In fact, it hardly even looks like the wind is blowing.
<havrasti> “….oooookay.”
<havrasti> “That looks creepy.”
^ Ellie looks in the direction Havrasti indicates. Oooh, great. Now she’s startled and disconcerted as well as tired and cranky. :-p
<llewelyn> “I am feeling an increased disinclination to stay here.”
<havrasti> “Let’s go wake our ambassador.”
<sila> “Yeah. And maybe the hotel manager, who deserves to at least get as much explanation as we have.”
^ Havrasti goes about it
<~brock> ((One person, please roll 2d10. :) ))
<havrasti> !2d10
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled 2d10: (7+7) = 14.
<~brock> ((Thank you.))
^ Ellie has found a seat somewhere, where she can pet Cinnamon Sugar – who is still asleep, like she wishes she could be – and think. What in the world is going on here?
<~brock> Anna: “I’m going to go get dressed.”
^ Ellie decides to try a telepathy check, to see if she can hear anything unusual.
<~brock> ((Versus standard, Ellie.))
<~brock> !3d6: to see what Ellie hears with her brain.
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “to see what Ellie hears with her brain.”: (6+5+4) = 15.
<ellie> !6d6: Telepathy listen
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Telepathy listen”: (2+2+6+3+3+5) = 21.
<havrasti> (have a green)
<sila> Sam: “I’m going to collect up our luggage. Mom, come with me?”
<ellie> ((Will take. She’s so close :-p))
<sila> Maia: “Yes…best not to let anyone go alone if there are threats, and this does seem awfully like an implied threat.”
<ellie> !4d6: keeping 6,5
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “keeping 6,5”: (5+5+6+1) = 17.
<ellie> ((no uncancelled 6, but well within success range))
<~brock> ((Think Havrasti gets that one back, actually.))
<havrasti> !2d6 : coin
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “coin”: (5+2) = 7.
<~brock> ((Roll 2d6, Havrasti.))
<~brock> Red
<~brock> Anna had already gone off on her own, incidentally, to get dressed.
^ Llewelyn would go to get his own stuff, but he’s hovering around Ellie to make sure she’s not left alone.
<ellie> Meanwhile, Ellie is sitting right where she is, with her eyes closed, concentrating on seeing whether she can pick anything up with telepathy. ;-)
^ Sila has already gone off alone to get the night manager too, but she brings him back fairly quickly
<~brock> Ellie hears the night filled with the various nocturnal animals such as owls and bats; very few humans, who all seem to be asleep. But the owls and the bats and the alley cats are agitated, and all three types are looking for some sort of shelter. Also, a dog starts barking in the neighborhood.
<~brock> The Manager is in his evening-robe. “What is going on, sirs, madams?”
^ Ellie tries to see if she can contact one of the cats to ask what’s the matter.
<~brock> Alley cat: “Bad smell in the air! My tail tingles. I’m going back to hide in my garbage can!”
^ Havrasti knocks on the Ambassador’s door (by this point his shifted into human form)
<ellie> “What is the bad smell from?”
<ellie> ((To the cat))
<~brock> Cat: “Iron. Bad iron, and much of it.”
^ Ellie ‘s brow furrows at this.
<~brock> The Ambassador answers the door after a few moments. “Huh?”
<llewelyn> “What is it, Ellie?”
^ Havrasti explains once more about the dire warnings
<sila> "Why are we still here? If we don’t want to go south, we should at least go east or west!"
^ Ellie starts and opens her eyes. “Yipe! Oh, sorry, I didn’t know you were right there! Um… I was seeing if I could hear anything with my telepathy. Not much to hear, but some of the animals are agitated – owls, bats, cats, dogs…”
<llewelyn> The Ambassador comes wide awake as Havrasti explains the situation, and quickly goes to get dressed.
<~brock> ((Er, that was GM.))
<havrasti> “So, sorry to wake you, but the threat seems serious enough to take precautions.”
<ellie> “I asked one of the cats what was wrong. It said there was a bad smell in the air, and its tail tingled, and when I asked about the smell, the cat said it was ‘bad iron.’ Any idea what it would mean by ‘bad iron’?”
<llewelyn> “Hang on, let me at least go get my boots.”
<sila> ^Sam shows up in timely manner and hands Llewelyn his boots, followed by his bags
^ Llewelyn pauses to take his boots from Sam. “Bad iron? That sounds like…”
<~brock> PAUSE. :)
<havrasti> (nooooooooooo)
<~brock> Anna runs back into the hallway. “I saw something outside! It looks like it’s-”
<~brock> There is a terrific crash as one wing of the building, including the room Anna just ran out of, is hit by something massive, accompanied by a fireball which shoots through the hallway.
<~brock> Everyone roll speed versus intermediate.
<~brock> !4d6: speed versus intermediate
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “speed versus intermediate”: (2+3+3+4) = 12.
<sila> !5d6: Sila speed
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sila speed”: (4+2+6+5+6) = 23.
<sila> !4d6: Sam speed
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sam speed”: (4+2+6+2) = 14.
<ellie> !4d6: Speed
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Speed”: (6+2+6+2) = 16.
<llewelyn> !4d6: speed
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “speed”: (4+6+3+3) = 16.
<~brock> !4d6: Anna’s speed
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s speed”: (2+1+1+1) = 5.
<havrasti> !4d6 : Speed
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Speed”: (6+3+6+3) = 18.
<~brock> ((Anna will use her red coin to re-roll.))
<~brock> !4d6: Anna’s speed re-rolled
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s speed re-rolled”: (1+5+2+3) = 11.
<~brock> ((Sila also gets a crit-success, roll 2d6 for a coin.))
<havrasti> ((I got crit!))
<sila> !2d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 2d6: (6+3) = 9.
<havrasti> !2d6 : coin
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “coin”: (4+4) = 8.
<ellie> !2d6: full on coins, but if it’s better than a red..
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “full on coins, but if it’s better than a red..”: (5+6) = 11.
<~brock> ((Green.))
<~brock> ((Havrasti gets a red, Sila gets a green.))
<~brock> ((Please note, everyone is now full up on coins except your NPCs.))
<sila> ((noted))
<~brock> Anna is flung to the floor by the force of the fireball that roared through the hallway behind her – that actually saves her life, since a burning wooden beam flies through the air just where her head would have been.
^ Llewelyn grabs Ellie and pulls her down to the floor where it’s safer.
^ Havrasti grabs the ambassador and pulls him to safety
^ Ellie manages to stifle the cry if fright she just about made.
<ellie> And she manages to keep Cinnamon safe, and not smooshed. He does wake up, though, and mews in complaint.
<~brock> Summary: A quarter of the hotel has now collapsed and the ruins are on fire. Another quarter of the hotel is on fire. The other half of the hotel is probably soon-to-be-on-fire.
^ Sila takes the manager down, since he happens to be standing right there
<havrasti> ((so how many minutes has this been since the first warning?))
<ellie> Ellie is scared. When one is scared, one is irrational. Thus, though it is irrational, Ellie finds herself compelled to ask, “Llewelyn, is THIS what bad iron meant?!”
<sila> “CAN WE LEAVE NOW?!?”
<llewelyn> “YES TO BOTH QUESTIONS!”
^ Sila and Maia try to pull down the flames
<sila> !6d6: if you can make magic fire, you can magically Unmake fire
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “if you can make magic fire, you can magically Unmake fire”: (6+2+1+6+6+6) = 27.
<ellie> ((Wow. With that roll, you probably can. :-p ))
^ Havrasti keeps the ambassador safe while we’re getting out of here (he’s a squishy human, Sila is a big dragon :P ;) ))
<~brock> ((I’m going to call that an extremely difficult opposed roll, for reasons that may soon become clear.))
<~brock> !6d6: opposed check
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “opposed check”: (1+6+2+2+1+3) = 15.
<sila> ((muhahaha! Four sixes of adrenalin-fired magic say ‘I win anyway!’))
<~brock> The flames are pushed back and appear to be momentarily extinguished.
^ Llewelyn grabs Ellie and starts pulling her towards the nearest exit.
^ Sila then shifts, grabs up any party luggage not already claimed by its owner, and launches herself right up through the blown-apart roof of the at-least-not-on-fire-anymore hotel
^ Ellie follows, though she suddenly thinks of something. She tries for another telepathy attempt, this time to any humans who may still be in the hotel and alive….
<~brock> Sila, roll perception versus intermediate.
<~brock> Sam, roll perception versus standard.
<~brock> Ellie, roll intelligence-telepathy versus intermediate.
<ellie> !6d6: telepathy attempt
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy attempt”: (5+1+4+6+5+4) = 25.
<sila> !6d6: sila’s perception
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “sila’s perception”: (5+6+1+4+2+2) = 20.
<~brock> !3d6: Ellie check
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Ellie check”: (2+1+6) = 9.
<~brock> !4d6: Sila perception check
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Sila perception check”: (5+1+1+1) = 8.
<sila> !2d6: added because Sila rolls 6d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “added because Sila rolls 6d6”: (4+6) = 10.
<sila> !3d6: Sam perception check
^ Ellie telepathy shouts to anyone still in the hotel, “Fire! Get out now!” She also tries to listen for anyone who might be stuck, injured, or trapped.
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sam perception check”: (5+1+5) = 11.
^ Havrasti figures now is an exusable time for someemergency nudity, and strips and shifts in one action (the women may not have noticed), and grabs the ambassador and goes to follow Sila
<~brock> Sila, you see what has smashed the hotel. It looks like a cross between a dragon and a centipede (you count at least ten limbs, four wings, and two pincers) and is made of glowing hot iron.
<~brock> !3d6: perception check for Sam
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “perception check for Sam”: (2+6+1) = 9.
<sila> ((I want another magic roll to take all the energy I stole from the fire and put it back into that thing at critical joints))
<~brock> Sam does not notice something that he might wish he noticed later.
<sila> ((coin?))
<~brock> ((Moment please.))
<~brock> ((Yes, Sam can take or use a coin))
<~brock> Ellie does contact a few other guests at the hotel, who are easy to convince to leave the hotel at all speed.
<sila> ((I think when the GM hints, maybe it’s worth the gold…))
^ Llewelyn will donate a red coin to Sam.
<sila> ((or that)))
<sila> !3d6: sam again with red
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “sam again with red”: (1+5+4) = 10.
<sila> ((argh))
^ Llewelyn will donate one of his gold coins to Sam.
<sila> !6d6: best 3 of 6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “best 3 of 6”: (3+2+4+6+3+3) = 21.
<sila> ((better))
<llewelyn> !2d6: get a coin back from uncancelled six
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “get a coin back from uncancelled six”: (5+5) = 10.
<llewelyn> ((Green.))
<~brock> Sam notices that Anna was knocked flat on her face and is 95% unconscious.
<sila> Sam: “ANNA!!”
^ Sila shift, and grabs Anna before launching himself
<sila> ^Sam shifts, and grabs Anna before launching himself
^ Llewelyn gets Ellie out one of the doors on the undamaged side of the hotel.
^ Havrasti has the ambassador, looks back for anyone else who may have been left behind
<ellie> “Llewelyn, what’s going on here?!”
<ellie> “I mean, I was able to alert everyone left in the hotel to get out, but…”
<ellie> “‘Bad iron’? How does that make sense?!”
<~brock> Sila: you can attempt to re-direct the energy from the fire against the monster.
<sila> !6d6: Melt, you metal monstrosity! At least your bearings
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Melt, you metal monstrosity! At least your bearings”: (6+2+2+3+4+4) = 21.
<~brock> The metal monstrosity glows more brightly and turns to look at Sila.
^ Ellie has not yet realized that she’s probably lost luggage she brought into the hotel with her. Because while the others were packing, she was investigating. Fortunately, at least Cinnamon Sugar is still in her arms.
<sila> ((Sam tried to pack for everyone while they were investigating, so Sila probably grabbed at least some of Ellie’s luggage))
<~brock> ((Okay. Now going into a combat round: everyone roll speed and we’ll see the order.))
<sila> ((what, not even a roll to give it a /chance/ of working?))
<sila> !5d6: speed
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “speed”: (5+6+3+5+1) = 20.
<ellie> !4d6: speed
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “speed”: (5+2+2+3) = 12.
<sila> !4d6: Sam speed
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “Sam speed”: (1+3+3+6) = 13.
<havrasti> !4d6 : Speed
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Speed”: (2+2+4+2) = 10.
<havrasti> “Trying freezing it, Sila!”
<~brock> ((It just took the hit and is moving on, Sila.))
<llewelyn> !4d6: Speed
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “Speed”: (2+1+6+2) = 11.
<sila> “Grr…all bearings burn out at some temperature…”
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut’s speed
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s speed”: (4+5+4+4+6+3) = 26.
<~brock> Sila, Juggernaut, Sam, Llewelyn, Ellie, Havrasti. Anna will wake up in two full turns.
<~brock> SILA.
^ Sila takes the joints on the far side and tries freezing them – hey, if nothing else, it’s drawing energy out again, which she can then give back in a new form next time.
<sila> !6d6: freeze up the joints
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “freeze up the joints”: (5+1+2+4+6+3) = 21.
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut’s stamina to avoid damage
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s stamina to avoid damage”: (3+6+3+6+6+3) = 27.
<~brock> The Juggernaut does not seem to be affected by magic in the slightest.
<~brock> JUGGERNAUT.
<sila> “Freezing didn’t work so great. Does that thing have a driver?”
<~brock> The Juggernaut rears back its centipedely-draconic head and breathes a jet of debilitating darkness at Sila.
<~brock> ((Opposed dexterity checks.))
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut tries to knock Sila out of the sky.
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut tries to knock Sila out of the sky.”: (2+2+3+5+5+2) = 19.
<sila> !4d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 4d6: (4+3+2+4) = 13.
<sila> ((coin!))
<havrasti> ((red?))
<sila> ((I have a green I can use))
<ellie> ((Better to use a red if you can. Is there anything there worth keeping?))
<sila> ((…well, sure, I’ll use your red, maybe it’ll come back to you))
<sila> !4d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 4d6: (3+2+5+3) = 13.
<havrasti> ((now the green, keep the 5))
<sila> ((OK AND my green then?))
<ellie> ((I can donate a green))
<sila> !3d6: plus 5
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “plus 5”: (5+1+5) = 11.
<havrasti> “SILA! LOOK OUT!!”
<~brock> Sila barely avoids the jet of darkness.
^ Sila drops to avoid the ‘darkness’ bolt, then flails a little to get back under control, but manages not to /actually/ crash back into the hotel
<~brock> LLEWELYN.
^ Samurr ((does soemthing))
<~brock> ((Oh, apparently it’s Sam’s turn.))
<~brock> ((My bad.))
<~brock> SAM.
^ Samurr flies to the nearest flat-topped roof so he can set Anna down safely and try to heal her some…
<samurr> !5d6: dragon magic is harder to heal with than true healing magic, but maybe he can speed up Anna’s awakening
<karmabot> [Samurr] rolled “dragon magic is harder to heal with than true healing magic, but maybe he can speed up Anna’s awakening”: (6+1+6+6+2) = 21.
<samurr> “Ok, swelling down…close any gaps…swelling down again…”
<~brock> ((Roll luck versus standard to find a roof without spiky things and avoid the attention of the dracopede.))
<~brock> !4d6: versus check for Sam’s heal
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus check for Sam’s heal”: (5+2+3+5) = 15.
<~brock> ((Success for Sam’s magic.))
<samurr> !2d6: if not flat roof is available, he will work on a sloped one, but then Anna is still in his hands
<karmabot> [Samurr] rolled “if not flat roof is available, he will work on a sloped one, but then Anna is still in his hands”: (1+2) = 3.
<~brock> !3d6: does Sam evade attention and find a good roof?
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “does Sam evade attention and find a good roof?”: (5+4+4) = 13.
<~brock> !1d3: on a one the enemy notices, on a 2 he can’t find a good roof, on a 3, both bad things happen
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “on a one the enemy notices, on a 2 he can’t find a good roof, on a 3, both bad things happen”: (2) = 2.
<havrasti> ((wow, only 2 luck? :P))
^ Samurr is still holding his girl, but at least she’s in better shape…
<~brock> Sam just can’t find a roof that isn’t decorated with these ridiculously spiky-things; he settles for a sloped-ish roof that’s at least mostly clear.
<~brock> Anna stirs and mumbles a bit.
<~brock> ((Done?))
<samurr> ((yes, done))
^ Llewelyn gets Ellie out the back door. “It’s the Juggernaut – the Red King sends it to hunt dragons and big-time mages! It’s nearly immune to magic!”
<havrasti> ((…where’s a bazooka when you need one :P ))
<ellie> “What?! The- the Red King is HUNTING US?!”
<llewelyn> “Must be!”
^ Ellie fights down the urge to ask why, but shea
^ Llewelyn leads Ellie around the side of the building and sees the beast going after Sila.
<ellie> because she’s already answering herself, “Because he’s an evil, no-good tyrant”
<llewelyn> “Ellie, keep running down this street. I’m going try to keep its attention off you and Sila.”
<ellie> “What?! And where am I supposed to go? No, I can keep it from seeing me!”
<ellie> “And we could come up with a better distraction than you!”
<llewelyn> !7d6: Llewelyn uses his illusion magic to create a cloud of blinding fireflies that attack the Juggernaut’s eyes. (Versus Juggernaut’s willpower.)
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “Llewelyn uses his illusion magic to create a cloud of blinding fireflies that attack the Juggernaut’s eyes. (Versus Juggernaut’s willpower.)”: (3+5+5+5+4+6+2) = 30.
<~brock> !5d6: Juggernaut’s willpower
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s willpower”: (6+1+1+5+4) = 17.
<~brock> The Juggernaut is momentarily blinded.
<~brock> ELLIE.
^ Ellie uses her lightbending to try and make both herself and Llewelyn invisible.
<ellie> !6d6: for a magic check
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “for a magic check”: (2+1+1+2+4+6) = 16.
<~brock> ((Versus standard))
<~brock> !3d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (3+5+6) = 14.
<ellie> ((Have Green; will re-roll))
<ellie> !5d6: Re-roll with my green, keeping 6
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Re-roll with my green, keeping 6”: (3+6+4+3+2) = 18.
<~brock> ((Success.))
<~brock> HAVRASTI.
^ Havrasti drops off the ambassador to safey, “Go and run for Llewelyn and Ellie over there.” then turns back towards the dracopede and advances to get closer to Sila. (Does he know it The Juggernaut?)
<sila> ((was Llewelyn yelling his information, or just quietly telling Ellie?))
^ Ellie sees what Havrasti is doing, and gives the ambassador telepathic directions to their invisible hiding spot.
<~brock> ((Probably saying it loudly – maybe Sila heard, maybe not. Roll luck versus simple to see.))
<~brock> !2d6: luck to see if Sila was close enough and clear-minded enough to hear Llewelyn.
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “luck to see if Sila was close enough and clear-minded enough to hear Llewelyn.”: (6+1) = 7.
<sila> !4d6: audible info?
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “audible info?”: (6+2+1+4) = 13.
<~brock> ((Apparently she barely heard.))
<havrasti> “SILA! That thing is especially dangerous to us! Be careful!”
<~brock> ((Havrasti remembers hearing The Tadhg speak of the Juggernaut, but neither saw it, nor heard it described.))
<havrasti> ((ah, strike taht then :P ))
<sila> "Yes, fine, but does it have a driver or is it a robot
"
<havrasti> ((though I suppose if Havrasti heard, Llewelyn, he’d know to say that))
<havrasti> !4d6 : luck to see if Havrasti heard?
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “luck to see if Havrasti heard?”: (5+6+6+5) = 22.
<~brock> ((Apparently he too heard.))
<havrasti> ((ok, then he did say that))
<havrasti> “It’s a living thing, not a construct.”
^ Havrasti tries breathing fire at its face
<havrasti> (then I am done)
<sila> “It’s…made of METAL!”
<~brock> ((Roll your attack versus the creature’s stamina. If your check succeeds, it takes some damage.))
<havrasti> “It’s stil la living beast!”
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut’s stamina
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s stamina”: (6+2+2+3+6+2) = 21.
<havrasti> ((hmm, what is it to roll fire breath, again?))
<~brock> ((Hum, your sheet doesn’t show that…))
<havrasti> ((Dex or Str, or something else?))
<havrasti> ((no, nor did the list I got it from))
<~brock> ((Choose either dexterity (aim-and-hit) or stamina, I’d say.))
<havrasti> ((I’ll go with Stamina))
<havrasti> !5d6; 1d6 : Breath weapon, being a dragon, if applicable
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Breath weapon, +being a dragon, if applicable”: (5
3+1+6+6);(6) = 21.
<~brock> ((Okay, stamina plus ‘being a dragon’))
<havrasti> ((woohoo))
<~brock> ((Crit. Roll 2d6.))
<havrasti> !2d6 : Crit coin
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Crit coin”: (1+2) = 3.
<~brock> ((Blue.))
<havrasti> ((BW is 4 damage))
<~brock> The Juggernaut makes a weird yowling noise as part of its face melts.
<~brock> ((End of round. Shall roll for Anna to wake up – her stamina versus intermediate.))
<~brock> !4d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (2+6+3+6) = 17.
<~brock> !4d6: Anna is nearly waking up
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna is nearly waking up”: (5+5+1+2) = 13.
<~brock> ((Any desire to donate coins, or shall we move on?))
<ellie> ((That’s a HIGH vs…))
<sila> ((I will))
<~brock> ((I can also suggest a party coin to make GM re-roll.))
<sila> ((oh, wait, 2 6s on a 4d6 roll….))
<ellie> ((Sam has telepathy; have him try to find Ellie, and let Ellie do healing))
<~brock> ((Okay, letting it go.))
<ellie> ((Or finish up his, rather))
<~brock> SILA.
<havrasti> “Huh, fire does seem to work…”
<sila> “If it’s alive it needs to breather, too.”
^ Sila goes invisible via her newest ability (does she still have time to try additional magic?)
<~brock> ((Mm… I’d say probably not, but I’ll let you roll speed versus 7d6 to try to do that anyway.))
<sila> !4d6: can’t suceed if you don’t try…
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “can’t suceed if you don’t try…”: (1+1+6+1) = 9.
<~brock> !7d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (5+5+1+6+2+1+3) = 23.
<~brock> ((Seems not.))
<sila> ((next round then :P ))
<~brock> ((Roll versus intermediate for going invisible.))
<havrasti> (yeeeeeah)
<~brock> !4d6: intermediate versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “intermediate versus”: (1+2+3+6) = 12.
<sila> !6d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 6d6: (2+3+5+6+5+4) = 25.
<~brock> ((Success.))
<~brock> JUGGERNAUT.
^ Sila also moves a bit, so she’s not right where she was when she was visible
<~brock> The Juggernaut is very irritated at Havrasti melting part of its face, and it can no longer see Sila. Therefore…
^ Havrasti is tougher and can take it
<~brock> The Juggernaut puffs up, a tiny bit like a weird pufferfish, and breaths a stream of white-hot fire at Havrasti.
^ Havrasti does his best to dodge
<~brock> ((Opposed dex checks.))
<~brock> !6d6: The Juggernaut tries to hit Havrasti
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “The Juggernaut tries to hit Havrasti”: (2+5+4+1+5+3) = 20.
<havrasti> !4d6 : Dex
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Dex”: (5+6+5+6) = 22.
<~brock> ((Handy evasion.))
<havrasti> !2d6 : Crit coin (if better than blue or red, replace one of those)
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Crit coin (if better than blue or red, replace one of those)”: (4+4) = 8.
<havrasti> ((nope :P ))
<~brock> ((Red.))
<havrasti> “HAH!”
<~brock> The Juggernaut deflates as it breathes a massive jet of fire at Havrasti, but misses. Several nearby buildings catch on fire, though.
<~brock> ((Just a teeny bit.))
<~brock> SAM.
<havrasti> ((so has a general alarm gone up yet? :P ))
<~brock> ((You’d better believe it.))
^ Samurr caught the yelling between Sila and Havrasti, and decides to work the “Breathing” angle. He tries to create a cloud of smoke, combustion byproducts, dust, and No Oxygen around the beast, especially it’s head
<samurr> !5d6: Breathe this, metal-pede
<karmabot> [Samurr] rolled “Breathe this, metal-pede”: (6+2+1+6+2) = 17.
<~brock> ((Intelligence versus stamina.))
<~brock> !6d6: stamina
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “stamina”: (3+1+4+1+1+1) = 11.
<havrasti> ((AHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!))
<~brock> The Juggernaut has some misfortunes at present, though it might take a bit to take full effect.
<~brock> LLEWELYN.
^ Samurr holds Anna close and concentrates on his spell…
^ Llewelyn knows its immune to magic, and is armoured like nothing else: but unlike the others, he’s known about the thing for a few years and has an idea or two.
<samurr> ((unless interrupted, he will keep the cloud in position ))
^ Llewelyn uses his sorcery to pull the water out of a nearby decorative pool, shape it into a high-pressure cutting jet, and try to fling it at the Juggernaut.
<llewelyn> !8d6: intelligence plus sorcery versus extremely difficult
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “intelligence plus sorcery versus extremely difficult”: (4+6+5+3+2+6+5+5) = 36.
<~brock> !6d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (1+2+6+1+6+6) = 22.
<ellie> ((Any greens out there?))
<~brock> ((I have one, and there are two party blues.))
<ellie> ((I vote party blue))
<~brock> ((I’d prefer to use the blues, myself.))
<ellie> ((It is not handicapped on this))
<llewelyn> ((Keeping two sixes and one five, so re-rolling 5d6.))
<llewelyn> !5d6: re-roll
<havrasti> ((party blue is fine))
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “re-roll”: (2+4+5+3+6) = 20.
<~brock> The Juggernaut is hit by a very fine high-speed knife of water which cuts even through the iron carapace of the creature.
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut health roll versus intermediate to keep in the fight
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut health roll versus intermediate to keep in the fight”: (6+6+4+4+4+2) = 26.
<~brock> !4d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (4+5+4+4) = 17.
<~brock> The Juggernaut is really, really angry now, but it’s still smashing down parts of the hotel as it tries to kill you.
<~brock> ELLIE.
^ Ellie has been keeping herself, Llewelyn, and the ambassador invisible. However, she realizes that if the monster can’t see, this won’t matter. She doesn’t drop the invisibility, but she tries to redirect all light away from the monster’s head, willing to drop invisibility if necessary in order to do so.
<ellie> !6d6: magic check for lightbending the creature blind
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “magic check for lightbending the creature blind”: (3+5+3+2+5+5) = 23.
<~brock> ((Versus… intermediate.))
<~brock> !4d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (2+2+6+6) = 16.
<ellie> ((sigh Even if I re-roll, I’m not going to beat that…))
<llewelyn> ((Incidentally, Llewelyn never rolled for his coin earlier.))
<llewelyn> !2d6
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled 2d6: (4+1) = 5.
<sila> ((well if you /never/ failed, it wouldn’t be that much fun :P ))
<ellie> ((how helpful. :-p but yes, I’ll let it pass. Ellie’s not supposed to be that effective in a fight, anyway. :-p))
<~brock> The creature’s inherent anti-magic field defeats that little trick. It seems that the Red King anticipated light-bending and prepared his hunter for it, just in case The Tadhg tried to betray him and had to be hunted down.
<~brock> HAVRASTI.
^ Havrasti esitmates how much of a bad idea it’d be to get in close and tear it apart
<sila> ((there is a cloud of not-air in close…))
<havrasti> ((…right))
^ Havrasti breaths fire again!
<havrasti> !5d6; 1d6 : Breath weapon, being a dragon
<havrasti> !5d6; 1d6 : Breath weapon, +being a dragon
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Breath weapon, +being a dragon”: (3
1+1+6+5);(5) = 16.
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut’s stamina
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s stamina”: (3+4+3+6+1+3) = 20.
<havrasti> ((hah, beat it with a 5 :D ))
<havrasti> ((Two 5s, even))
<havrasti> ((4 fire damage))
<~brock> Havrasti’s fire-breath strikes the Juggernaut on the flanks, and melts a long gash down its sides. One leg falls off.
^ Havrasti pulls back a little bit (done)
<~brock> Anna wakes up in Sam’s arms. “Ugh… Sam?”
<samurr> “Anna! Oh, thank goodness – there’s a thing that looks like a construct but Llewelyn says it’s alive? Attcking us! Gotta keep the air out…”
<~brock> Anna tries to sit up a bit.
<~brock> !4d6: Anna’s speed to join the initiative order.
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s speed to join the initiative order.”: (3+2+4+3) = 12.
<~brock> ((She now goes between Ellie and Havrasti.))
<~brock> SILA.
^ Samurr is distracted by magic, but manages not to drop Anna
^ Sila picks up a wedge of something hard and heavy-ish, coats it in ice, and makes a nice sharp edge before dropping it on the thing’s back
<~brock> !6d6: Juggernaut’s dexterity to avoid, versus Sila’s… hm…))
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Juggernaut’s dexterity to avoid, versus Sila’s… hm…))”: (3+5+5+3+5+6) = 27.
<sila> ((guillotines are not-magic :P ))
<~brock> ((Luck to hit it? Dexterity to drop it? Pick whichever is higher…))
<sila> !4d6: they’re the same actually
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “they’re the same actually”: (1+4+6+4) = 15.
<sila> ((and coin))
<~brock> ((I’ll also give you an extra d6 for being invisible and therefore unexpected.))
<sila> !1d6: sneak attack die? :P
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “sneak attack die? :P”: (4) = 4.
<~brock> ((Sorry.))
<sila> ((ok rerollign with green))
<~brock> ((Can also accept Llewelyn’s blue.))
<sila> ((nah, I want to re-roll the 1))
<sila> !4d6: keeping the 6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “keeping the 6”: (6+3+3+2) = 14.
<sila> ((there’s the other 6 I need!))
<~brock> The ice sizzles as it strikes the Juggernaut and sinks into its iron flesh.
<~brock> Everyone roll speed versus difficult.
<sila> !5d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 5d6: (4+1+6+1+5) = 17.
<~brock> !5d6: difficult
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “difficult”: (4+5+3+3+1) = 16.
<samurr> !4d6
<karmabot> [Samurr] rolled 4d6: (3+5+2+1) = 11.
<ellie> !4d6: speed
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “speed”: (2+3+3+2) = 10.
<llewelyn> !4d6: speed
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “speed”: (1+6+1+3) = 11.
<~brock> !4d6: Anna’s speed
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna’s speed”: (4+3+4+5) = 16.
<havrasti> !4d6 : Speed
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Speed”: (3+3+3+1) = 10.
<~brock> ((Okay, Sila, Anna, and Llewelyn beat the check.))
<ellie> ((And who’s failing right now? Sam, Havrasti, Ellie…?))
<~brock> ((Correct.))
^ Ellie will donate a red to either of the other two, if I can.
<~brock> ((Anyone want to take that?))
<havrasti> ((and I’ll donate a red back to Ellie))
<havrasti> !4d6 : reroll speed
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “reroll speed”: (4+5+4+5) = 18.
<ellie> Ok, we’ll switch reds
<ellie> !4d6: re-rolled speed
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “re-rolled speed”: (5+5+2+1) = 13.
<~brock> ((Havrasti and Ellie now beat the check.))
<ellie> ((So, Sam is still in need of making the check.))
<havrasti> ((yay, but no new coin, boo))
<sila> ((is it Anna’s turn to save him? :P ))
<~brock> Anna will donate a green.
<sila> !4d6: again!
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “again!”: (4+6+2+4) = 16.
<sila> ((for Sam of course))
<~brock> ((Success.))
<~brock> !5d6: Anna does a tiny bit of magic to help Sam, versus standard
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Anna does a tiny bit of magic to help Sam, versus standard”: (3+5+5+4+4) = 21.
<~brock> !3d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 3d6: (1+6+6) = 13.
<~brock> ((Booo.))
<~brock> ((Ah well.))
<havrasti> ((these things happen at times))
<havrasti> ((just as long as this isn’t going to kill the characters ;) ))
<~brock> The Juggernaut dies, and it seems that when Juggernauts die, the magic that holds their iron flesh together comes loose, tearing the creature apart from within.
<~brock> Short version: Juggernaut explodes.
<havrasti> ((bye hotel))
<sila> ((poor Sam, he’s trying to hold a vector field inward, and it’s trying to explode outward…))
<samurr> “Ow! Ow ow ow…”
<~brock> The giant molten head, severed by Sila’s guillotine, flies through the air and lands only a few feet from Sam and Anna. Anna barely pulled Sam out of the way in time. Another leg nearly hits Ellie and the Ambassador, and an almost-intact wing misses Havrasti by a scale.
<~brock> There are probably a dozen nearby houses that are completely smashed up and in danger of collapsing, and the hotel is pretty much a write-off by this point.
^ Havrasti goes to Sila, “Are you alright?”
<~brock> Anna: “Sam? I think we should get off this roof before the house collapses…”
<samurr> “….SUCH. a. Headache.”
^ Samurr glides down from the roof anyhow and sets her on her feet
^ Ellie finds herself rather shaky at the near miss from the Juggernaut piece, and decides to sit down. However, somewhat impressivley, she still manages to keep her invisibility field up…
<sila> “I’m fine. It missed me with it’s anti-light thing.”
<sila> “I kind of think we might have worn out our welcome here, though. Nobody appreciates guests that attract vermin. Ugh.”
<havrasti> “Yeah, it missed me with it’s far too hot fire. I don’t think it managed to go after the others, so I guess we’re all fine.”
^ Sila puts out the other burning buildings
<ellie> She’s not thinking about moving yet. Just about sitting, and otherwise remaining upright.
<havrasti> “…So, I wonder.. who tried to warn us?”
<sila> ^Maia stops immitating a black hole and come out to help put out fires and relocating displaced water and rubble, etc.
<sila> “Whoever they are, they need lessons in clear communication.”
<~brock> The local riflemen are starting to turn out in force. You notice, somewhat belatedly, that a few of them had started shooting at the Juggernaut during your fight.
<llewelyn> “Are you okay, Ellie?”
^ Ellie looks a little pale. “Yeah, not hurt. Just… post adrenaline rush, I guess?”
<ellie> “It’s… maybe probably safe to let the invisibility down now, I suppose…. You okay, ambassador?”
<~brock> The largest remaining pieces of the Juggernaut are melting and cooling into a pile of slag. There’s actually not much identifiable left of it.
<~brock> Ambassador Crouch: “Gi-i-i-i-iant monster!”
^ Ellie takes a little bit of heart, seeing there’s someone even more freaked out than her…
^ Havrasti finds Llewelyn and Ellie when she lets down the invisibility, “Ah, there you two are.”
<ellie> She takes a deep breath. “But at least it’s a dead giant monster…”
<sila> (dryly) “Thank you for noticing, Mr. Ambassador.”
<ellie> “Aaah, hi, Havrasti. Sila.”
<llewelyn> “We’re okay, Havrasti.”
^ Havrasti does overhear the “Giant monster” statement, and chuckles inwardly to himself, knowing that many people back on Earth would say that about himself
<sila> ^Sam comes over and sits down next to the humanoids, not putting his jewel back on at this time.
<havrasti> “So that was a Juggernaut…are there more?”
<ellie> “Um, so… is anyone hurt?” Ellie finally thinks to ask.
<llewelyn> “None of us, it appears.”
<havrasti> “Anyone caught in the hotel or other buildings?”
<ellie> “Hmmmm. Might ask some of the soldiers. I can check, too, though…”
<llewelyn> “It looks like some bystanders might have been in those houses. I’m going to go help, if I can.”
^ Ellie focuses to listen with her telepathy for anyone who might be calling for help.
<ellie> !6d6: telepathy magic
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “telepathy magic”: (4+3+1+1+3+5) = 17.
<ellie> ((Eeeew. :-p ))
<sila> “I don’t think any of the luggage got burned…I put it down when I picked up that big slab of whatever it is – concrete? – might be a little shaken up…”
<~brock> Anna shifts to dragon-form, and sticks very close to Sam.
<havrasti> “So, seeing if everything here is set right, should we still heed that warning and head south?”
<llewelyn> “I think this is probably what we should have avoided.”
<havrasti> “Wasn’t much time to have.”
<sila> “Getting out of here ensures that this town doesn’t have to deal with any follow-up that may come after it…I’m still partial to going in some other direction though. If the warning really came from an ally, they should have identified themselves, or identified the danger, or …something.”
<ellie> “Didn’t… we have places we were supposed to be at some point? I mean, in order to accomplish what we’re supposed to for the tour?”
<havrasti> ((has the town mayor made an appearance yet?))
<~brock> ((Not yet.))
<havrasti> “Yeah, I suppose we could go for that right away.”
<ellie> “Sure, if we determine it’s too dangerous, we can abandon that, but… we probably need to be aware of the fact that we kinda are if we just go off somewhere else.”
<havrasti> “Getting to the bigger cities should keep us safer from this sort of threat, I’d think.”
^ Llewelyn has, incidentally, left to start finding people in damaged houses.
<ellie> ((Did the GM do anything with Ellie’s roll?))
<~brock> ((No, but Ellie can detect some people who are stuck in hard-to-reach places.))
<ellie> “Look, guys, maybe we need to decide what to do later. I can hear some people who need help, but I don’t know if I can get to them…” ((Since it seems we’re wished to pick this up next time. And hey, we may get better info for decision-making then…))
<havrasti> “Ok”
<sila> “Well…OK…maybe just a quick snooze while people get rescued then….”
<~brock> == END LOG ==

Log 036

Red King's Command Wayfarer