Log 031

<~rkcgm> == START LOG ==
<~rkcgm> Last week, or was it this morning, our noble heroes scaled the cliffs of insan… the Hills of Aspvesolitos, where they met with Havrasti’s draconically scaly brother Sivroh and his mate Keziah.
<~rkcgm> Stuff happened; you made Sivroh less ill-disposed toward you; you decided to go talk to the villagers again and I’m not really sure why; and I think you decided to go back to town.
<~rkcgm> The GM will give this bloody red coin to the first person who can explain in twenty words or less where we’re going and what we’re planning to do.
<ellie> Return to the villagers to convince them their dragon problem is gone, and never was the dragons. Then it was suggested that we try to find that guard’s uncle.
<ellie> And that was more than 20 words, but :-p
<~rkcgm> ((That was 29 words.))
<ellie> Yes. I don’t care. :-p
<sila> We’re going to confirm with the other contact where to go next.
<ellie> If it was 29 words, that’s what it required.
<~rkcgm> !1d2
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled 1d2: (1) = 1.
<sila> Said contact is in the city. We’ll stop by to reassure the villagers on the way.
<~rkcgm> Ellie gets the coin despite being 29 words long.
<sila> Yeah, I didn’t make it under 20 either, quite
<havrasti> (and then depending on what he tells us, either go down another new trail, or go to meet the ship)
<~rkcgm> Okay then, you’re returning to the villagers.
<~rkcgm> The sun is high in the sky as you start your descent from the hills. ((The sun is smoking hydrogen, for the record.))
^ Sila has fun stealth-flying towards the village while she can
<sila> ((the sun is…smoking???))

^ Ellie decides she doesn’t want to make the climb back down, and also takes to her wings.
<~rkcgm> ((Fortuitously, it is still possible to pun in English.))
<ellie> ((Ellie baps the GM for the punning with one of her wings. While in flight.))
<~rkcgm> Roll dexterity versus easy to remain in safe flight.
<~rkcgm> !2d6
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled 2d6: (3+1) = 4.
<sila> ((sure, like how we made Sivroh less-ill… but I’ve missed the other half of the ‘smoking hydrogen’ thing somehow.))
<ellie> !4d6: For the GM’s revenge roll
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “For the GM’s revenge roll”: (3+3+6+5) = 17.
<sila> !4d6: under the radar…wait, they don’t even have that here!
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “under the radar…wait, they don’t even have that here!”: (3+3+6+4) = 16.
<~rkcgm> Ellie has absolutely no problem in the still noontime air. Nor for that matter does Sila have issues.
^ Llewelyn does not do this flying thing. He walks like a Real Man.
^ Sila circles over Llewelyn
<havrasti> “Should we just show up as dragons to explain?”
<sila> “Llewelyn, you’re too slow! Can’t you at least get that stone-horse up to a gallop?”
<ellie> “I wouldn’t consider that a good plan, Havrasti…”
^ Ellie keeps her flight somewhat near the others, as well.
<llewelyn> “It’s slightly morphed into a mountain mule, Sila. It doesn’t ‘gallop’ so much as it outstubborns the mountain.”
<sila> “Besides, if we were just going to fly in and scare the sanity out of them, we could be flying /high/ instead of dodging trees and hilltops here.”
^ Sila huffs a sigh at Llewelyn
<sila> “Oh well, more time to fly then, even if it is in loops.”
<ellie> “I’d be surprised enough if we could convince them the dragons weren’t the problem without also having to convince them not to try and slay you two…”
<ellie> “So I’d rather prefer we didn’t do the whole ‘letting them know you’re dragons’ thing… at least, not at first.”
<havrasti> “Eh, they didn’t really have the means to slay dragons, hence trying to ask for musketmen.”
<llewelyn> “I think they’d not try. They strike me more as the ‘Screaming and Running Away’ type.”
^ Ellie sighs. “That’s also not a very helpful response.”
<sila> "I’m not sure it’s worth the effort of convincing them the dragons aren’t the problem. We can just tell them “the dragons are leaving for safer hunting grounds, but watch out for other predators moving into the power vacuum.” That should suffice."
<havrasti> “We could break out in song and dance to explain.”
<havrasti> “That should bewilder them enough.”
^ Ellie sighs and shakes her head.
<~rkcgm> ((Havrasti, roll intelligence versus standard to see if this would be a good idea.))
<~rkcgm> !3d6
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled 3d6: (2+3+4) = 9.
^ Sila laughs at the song and dance idea…
<sila> "You know, mom taught us some skydancing as kids – it’s been forever since I practiced though…
^ Sila starts doing dance figures, which conveniently slows her up to almost-as-slow as the mule
<ellie> ((I think he was serious about that roll, Havrasti…))
<havrasti> !3d6; 1d6 : int + Being a Dragon skill if applicable
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “int + Being a Dragon skill if applicable”: (5+2+3);(2) = 10.
^ Havrasti joins Sila in the dancing, as best he can at least
<~rkcgm> Havrasti does give the idea serious consideration, and determines that it might not be entirely suitable for use on humanoids who get scared at seeing teeth as large as they are.
<~rkcgm> Maybe later, with smarter and less fearful humanoids.
^ Havrasti still dances while can
^ Ellie flutters down to land next to Llewelyn’s rock-mule, to try and talk it into being more cooperative… (Yes, she knows it’s rock. No, she’s not insane. :-p Yes, she figures it’s worth a try… after all, she still remembers she once tried to reason with a spoon. And it answered.)
^ Llewelyn is going at a pleasant pace designed not to leave Eudocia behind.
<havrasti> (of cours,e he doesn’t have teeth as big as they are, maybe as big as their hands are)
<sila> ((oops, forgot about her…))
^ Ellie alternates the rest of the walk between walking with those on the ground, and flying with those above it.
^ Havrasti eventually lands (reluctantly) and shifts to a human form, when they get closer to the village
<~rkcgm> Despite Llewelyn’s mule – which is actually not THAT slow – you reach the fields surrounding the plantation within an hour of leaving Sivroh and Keziah’s lair.
^ Sila lands in good time to maintain her disguise also
^ Ellie decides to put away her wings and restore her clothes to their ordinary state, as well.
^ Llewelyn whistles a tune.
^ Ellie takes a glance back at Eudocia to see how she’s doing. With the hike. With getting used to the things she’s seeing aside from the hike…. y’know.
<ellie> Etc.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia doesn’t seem to be having much trouble with the hike, despite being barefoot. She did hikes like this all the time with the goblins, usually carrying all of their stuff.
<sila> “Ok, so we’re going to tell the villagers we don’t think the dragon was the real problem, but she’s leaving anyway. Right?”
<llewelyn> “Right.”
<ellie> “Ask them what makes them think it wasn’t the local wolves, maybe.”
<~rkcgm> If Eudocia is overwhelmed by magic and dragons, she doesn’t show much evidence of it yet.
<ellie> “Because if they had reason to think so, maybe they have another problem going on…”
<ellie> “They should probably be made aware of that, if so.”
<sila> “OK. One limited-information report, followed by getting back to the city.”
<sila> “…you’re right about that too Ellie. Plus, it really can be a problem when a territory is abandoned and other predators suddenly start moving in. We should be sure they’re on guard.”
<ellie> “…Should we let slip that there were actually two dragons, or just refer to the /dragon/ they’ve been seeing?”
<ellie> “I mean, since they’re leaving, it may not matter much. But still, is that a ‘need-to-know’ piece of information?”
<havrasti> “I think it would add weight to them believing the dragons are leaving if we said there were two and one was hurt which was preventing them from leaving.”
<sila> “I suppose that could help.”
<ellie> “…Do we really want to explain how the one got un-hurt?”
<ellie> “I… can see multiple possible problems with that.”
<llewelyn> “Just decline to explain it.”
<havrasti> “The wizard did it, we don’t need to say which wizard.”
<sila> “We made it so they could get away in spite of the old injury. Now they’re leaving.”
<ellie> “Doesn’t help the possible ‘You healed a DRAGON? Kill them all!’ reaction…”
<sila> "Did I say heal? I said “made them go away” I think…"
<ellie> “It’s an inference that would be sensible for them to make.”
<ellie> “But oh, well.” Ellie shrugs.
<havrasti> “Not really much they could do about it, and I’d like to get them to think a bit more about dragons rather than rely on prejudice.”
<~rkcgm> It’s a good thing you’ve decided what to do, because you’re now approaching the ranch. People wave and run toward you.
<sila> “Maybe I’m just prejudiced by…well, they’re prejudice. I admit, I’m not expecting them to be sensible.”
<sila> ((their prejudice))
<~rkcgm> Locals: “Yay, you’re back; the dragon is dead and gone! You are covered in glory! Our heroes! Etc.”
<sila> “Whoa, whoa, back up. Who said anyone is dead?”
<~rkcgm> Villager: “You mean the demon isn’t dead?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “We kinda presumed.”
<ellie> " We told your people at the beginning that we would deal with the problem as we saw fit. We have, and the dragons are not dead, but they are leaving."
<sila> “Double back-up. DEMON? Where did demons come into this??”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3: “Leaving? For where?”
<ellie> “They said they would move south, out of the country.”
<ellie> “I also have to ask, what made you think they were the ones preying on your herds?”
<havrasti> “One was hurt and couldn’t leave, which is why they were stuck here, but we helped them and now they are heading to their new home.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #1: “Uh… ‘THEM’?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “There was more than one?”
<ellie> “There were two. They are both leaving.”
<ellie> “As we said, one was injured, which was why they stopped in the area in the first place. But now they are moving on.”
<sila> “They find the neighborhood unpleasant here. Too many wolves, and neighbors who want to kill them you know.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3: “How do you know they’re leaving?”
<ellie> “First, I reiterate my question: what made you think they were the ones feeding on your herds?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #1: “Well, we saw a dragon flying over the hills. And then sheep and goats disappeared.”
<ellie> “Aaaand so… you never actually saw a dragon take one of your animals?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “I found a sheep that had all the blood sucked out of it! It was a dragon that did it!”
<ellie> “Let me ask, did you ever have losses from wolves before the dragons were seen in the area?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3: “How many jugs of wine did you have before you found that sheep, huh?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “Three, but that’s not the point…”
<ellie> “And… what makes you think that’s how a dragon even eats?”
<ellie> “…also, yes, I would think your sobriety at the time would be relevant.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #1: “Oh, there are a lot of wolves around here.”
<ellie> “Okay. Then what made you think it was the dragons stealing your sheep and not the wolves?”
<sila> “Neither wolves nor dragons suck the blood out and leave the meat, people…”
<havrasti> “Blood sucked out of it? That is definitely not a dragon. Maybe you have a vampire sheep.”
<sila> “Not funny.”
<sila> “Are vampires a thing around here?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “We made sacrifices to the gods to protect our herds. So it couldn’t have been wolves that took our animals.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3: “Quite right. Only something powerful enough to defy the gods could kill our sheep.”
<ellie> “…”
<sila> “…”
<ellie> ((At both Havrasti /and/ the villagers, at this point :-p ))
<sila> “So…your gods are so weak that a single dragon can defy them?”
<~rkcgm> Villagers: “…!”
<~rkcgm> The herdsmen take a look around at each other.
<sila> “Sorry, I know that’s not a very diplomatic way of putting it but…you need a stronger God. Seriously.”
^ Ellie telepathies to Havrasti. He can hear the wry tone, even silently: /And PLEASE do not go planting the idea of vampires in superstitious villagers’ minds./
<ellie> “That is a point. We asked when we first came, what made you believe that the dragons were evil in the first place. No one could answer.”
<ellie> “You make many assumptions. About your gods. About the beings living around you.”
<ellie> “Many are quite false.”
<sila> “I happen to know a strong God, and I’d be willing to tell you all about him, but if you’d rather I just leave I guess I can do that instead.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3 looks at Sila: “Is your god any fun?”
<ellie> “Has a fun god really helped you much?”
<sila> “Well, I think so, but if you’re asking whether he supports drinking parties then no.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “No drinking parties?!”
<ellie> “We won’t claim that our God will prevent you from ever losing another sheep. But He is True, and truly powerful. And besides, your current ‘fun’ gods haven’t really protected your sheep, either.”
<ellie> “What good have drinking parties done you, for that matter? Have they protected your sheep or helped your relationships or done you any good in any way?”
<~rkcgm> Villager #1: “But that’s because…” Villager #1 stops, thinking.
^ Havrasti let’s the girls do the talking (his low Cha would jsut get in the way)
^ Ellie waits for the thoughts to sink in.
<~rkcgm> Villager #4: “Our gods have been good enough for our people for all these years.”
<sila> “Our God is less about ‘fun right now’ and more about ‘living forever in paradise’ – because he has conquered death, and is king over all gods and worlds. He allows people and little ‘gods’ to rebell for a time, because it is his will that the guilt of the guilty should be clear. But – the time will come when he puts down all rebellions.”
<ellie> “Besides… He’s the One who actually made you and everything around you.”
<ellie> “So… He kinda has a right to your obedience, really.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia looks impressed at what Sila has to say. Not many other people do, though.
<ellie> “Not to mention the fact that, in His love, He wants relationship with you.”
<sila> “And if there’s something draining the blood of animals, you need his help. Your little gods clearly can’t or won’t deal with whatever-it-is, and I guarantee that was NOT a dragon – they don’t hunt or eat that way.”
<ellie> “But you say your current gods have been good enough. What have they actually done for you, other than give you license to pursue the ‘fun’ you speak of? ‘Fun’ that probably ends up being destructive to you in the long run?”
<sila> “If you’re drunk with your little god’s wine when real trouble comes, then whatever it is may send you before the Creator’s judgement, where your gods won’t be good for anything at all.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #2: “How dare you come here and criticize our gods?!”
<~rkcgm> Villager #3: “Shut up, Bob.”
<ellie> “Do you really want to antagonize the ones who faced down two dragons for you?”
<ellie> “Without asking anything of you?”
<sila> “Look, I said I’d leave if you didn’t want to listen. You need to know this, though – no dragon drains an animal of blood and leaves the meat. You still have a problem.”
<ellie> “Or you have wolves.”
<ellie> “But either way, it wasn’t the dragons. Though they’re leaving, anyway.”
<havrasti> “Possibly a bigger problem now that the dragons are gone.”
<ellie> “Yes. The one dragon had thinned out your wolf herds, trying to protect her mate.”
<ellie> “With them gone, your wolf problem may even grow.”
<sila> “You should watch out for that too.”
<sila> “So it may or may not be a wold problem, but it is now /at least/ a wolf problem, and maybe something else.”
<~rkcgm> Villager #4 looks at Ellie: “We don’t want to antagonize you – just don’t listen to the village idiot.”
<~rkcgm> [17:31] ^ Sila mutters to Llewelyn “Remind me not to go into low-literacy territory without /some/ form of recording of the Bible next time.”
^ Sila still muttering, almost to herself now “…record, cassette tape, solar player…in pictures even…magic recitation crystal…something.”
^ Ellie nods to Villager #4. “I wasn’t angry, really. But I did want to remind you that we came to help you. And that’s still what we’re trying to do.”
<ellie> ((Ellie. Will correct these in log…))
<havrasti> “Because that’s what our God wants us to do in general.”
^ Llewelyn looks at Sila. “They just want to see us do a magic trick – make their problems disappear.”
<sila> “Yeah, so if God puts an excuse to tell people about him in our lap, even if most of them won’t listen? Some might, so I’d rather be prepared next time. Because when we go away and their ‘gods’ still can’t help them either, some of them might wish they /had/ listened.”
<sila> “And if they could read, I could just leave my Bible and hope they’d read it then, but…”
<~rkcgm> Villager #4 thanks Ellie for helping the people.
<sila> “I mean not here, wrong language. Even worse that way.”
<havrasti> “It’s a dialect of greek, right, perhaps an original language version wouldn’t be too far off for them?”
<sila> “Argh. I’ve got to get Anna and Sam working on a solution though. There has to be some way to magic-up a book or scroll or something so it would work.”
<sila> “Do /you/ have a Koine Bible on you, Havra?”
<ellie> “In any case… if you have no wish to hear us further, we’ve said what we came to say. The dragons are leaving; you won’t be seeing them around here any longer. But they weren’t the ones taking your sheep. Likely it’s been the wolves all along, and you’ll still have to deal with those… maybe in greater numbers, now that the dragons who have been their foes are gone.”
<havrasti> ((“And our God is better than your gods.”))
^ Sila eyes Eudocia speculatively…maybe she would like a Greek Bible
<~rkcgm> Some of the villagers seem a bit disappointed that they didn’t get to see a great fight. A few others are really offended that you maligned their fun gods. At least three, however, are interested in hearing more of what you have to say.
^ Sila tries to get those three aside to tell them the full gospel
<~rkcgm> ((Hmmm… roll charisma versus standard, Sila.))
<~rkcgm> !3d6: versus standard
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus standard”: (2+3+1) = 6.
^ Havrasti prepares for the potential of staying the night with those three, to give enough time for the explaination.
<sila> !3d6: God is on my side
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “God is on my side”: (6+2+4) = 12.
<sila> ((‘cause it’s really easy to beat 3-2-1 even with low CHA ;) ))
<~rkcgm> The three villagers take the time to hear Sila and the others out, and all three are pretty receptive to the message. None of them fully committed, but they all decided to test the message.
^ Ellie is at first privately concerned about the nature of such testing… but then decides that God knows their hearts, and can more than handle proving Himself to them.
^ Sila makes a point of finding out what these people use for an address so she can try to send them a Bible in their language
<~rkcgm> One of the men gives you a way to send him something. It turns out he’s the secretary to the local landowner, and thus one of the only people locally who can read.
^ Sila shakes hands all around and resolves to get that guy something worth reading
^ Ellie also bids those who remained to listen farewell.
^ Sila admits to the others, on the road afterward, “I thought I was going to get us run out of town by a lynch party for a minute there.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “I thought so too.”
<ellie> “Not that I think they really could’ve hurt us… but I would’ve hated to see them get hurt…”
^ Havrasti says farewell to them, spots the sheep that stepped on him this morning and hits it on the head with an apple… it’s startled but at least it has a treat
<havrasti> “They couldn’t have hurt us no… well, my clothing may have been ruined in the attempt.”
<~rkcgm> Havrasti’s sheep baas in thanksgiving.
<sila> “I just couldn’t let the opportunity go though. I mean – their false god totally failed them, when better to tell them about the real one? I…could’ve made a better start though.”
<ellie> “But you did make a start. God has worked with worse.”
<ellie> “I… didn’t think of making that start at all…”
<ellie> “…Still. He’ll take care of the seed that was planted, however it was done.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “Could they really not have hurt us?”
<sila> “Heh..hehehe, ahem. Might be a little nerve-happy here. Ahem. I think you didn’t think of it ‘cause you’re just too diplomatic, Ellie.”
^ Sila considers Eudocia’s question
<havrasti> “Sila and I would have surrouneded you for your protection, and Sila, Llewelyn and Ellie are all strong mages. Ellie especially could have prevented them from being very effective in a fight without actually harming them at all.”
<ellie> “Yeah. Though… as soon as you two turned into dragons, I probably wouldn’t have had to.”
<havrasti> “Most likely. we’d then give them a very stern talking to about all this.”
<sila> “I think it’s like this Eudocia – they could have hurt us exactly as much as God allowed, and no more. God doesn’t promise us we’ll never be hurt, or even that nobody will ever be killed in His name.”
<havrasti> “But that didn’t happen, things could have been better, they could have been worse, but they weren’t and now we are safely on our way to the next step.”
<ellie> “But we do each have gifts. And those gifts would probably have been a stronger defense than those villagers were prepared to deal with.”
<ellie> “I wasn’t actually saying we’re untouchable. Just that… well… I can’t believe I’m the one saying this, but as a group we could have taken them.”
<sila> “He does control the ultimate situation, though, and if we die? Then we go to him. So we can estimate that they couldn’t really hurt us, but if we were wrong and they did? Well, then we would trust God to take care of the aftermath or receive us as he promised in heaven.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia looks at Sila. “Why would your God let you be hurt or killed? Surely it would speak more to His power if He didn’t permit it…”
<ellie> “Depends…”
<sila> “Sometimes he doesn’t, for that reason. Other times he lets the world see us give our lives for him, so they will know he is worth dying for.”
<ellie> “There have been those He’s allowed to testify to His power by sustaining them through the suffering and death He allowed. Others, He’s miraculously protected their lives.”
<sila> “With the real God, it’s all about eternity. This life is short, Eudocia – even for the longest-lived dragon, this life is short compared to eternity.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia nods. “I see, I think. It definitely contrasts with some of the gods I grew up knowing.”
<ellie> “Even death, to Him, is not the bad thing we think it. It’s just the necessary step for us to go from here to Him… at least, if we trust in Him.”
<ellie> “But even those who don’t… I don’t believe God allows death to come to them before they’ve had the chance to trust.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “If you had a patron god or goddess, and were hurt – then we just presumed the god was momentarily distracted, or something.”
<sila> “Pfft, other gods. The thing you have to remember about other gods – I tried not to land on this too hard with the people that never heard before, but it’s the truth: they’re not really gods at all.”
<sila> “The real God doesn’t ‘get distracted’ because he is infinite. He can see everyone all the time and not run out of attention to spread around.”
<ellie> “They are either imagination, or at most servants of God who rebelled and became evil.”
<sila> “Yeah, or rebell servants who use something someone imagined.”
<llewelyn> “Ellie is correct.”
<havrasti> “Our God is never distracted. Consider an author and a story he is writing. He knows exactly what each character is going through, where they are, what they’re thinking. He can go back and forth in time as he wishes, giving each and every one the attention he sees fit. Our God is the author, the gods you know? They are merely characters themselves.”
<sila> “Ooh, good analogy.”
<sila> “So yeah – a ‘god’ that is so weak it can’t resist a dragon? Hah. Compared to the real God, the very idea is a joke, you know?”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia looks thoughtful.
^ Sila grins, and bursts out singing “our God is and Awesome God”
^ Ellie figures that a walking song is less fun if only one person is singing it, so joins. And when it finishes, starts a new song.
^ Havrasti looks around, pokes Sila, "No one else here, shift and sing it properly. ;) "
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “I’m not sure I can comprehend that sort of power. But I do understand the way I see you act, and if you’re acting at all like your God – then like I said earlier, I’m happy to be with you all.”
^ Sila shifts and bellows the song at full volume!
^ Ellie winces at the shift, and seriously hopes none of the villagers followed us, and that we don’t meet anyone on the road.
^ Sila shifts back pretty soon, as the same caution eventually occurs to her
<ellie> She does, however, answer Eudocia, “God’s power isn’t something /we/ can comprehend, either.”
<ellie> “Not fully. But we trust Him for it, and we can see it at work.”
<ellie> “Heh. Understanding that you can’t comprehend it? That’s a pretty good start to a proper understanding of it.”
<~rkcgm> The trip back to the city of Platamon goes without incident, and you arrive the day after their festival completes. There are a lot fewer people in the markets.
<ellie> “So… find the guard we were talking to, ask about his uncle, and then move along based on what we hear?”
<ellie> "Um… anyone have any idea where to start looking for the guard?
<sila> (quietly) Snerk “Ooh, yeah, looks like the worshiper of the ‘fun’ god are haveing looooots of fund today.”
<sila> ((fun))
<~rkcgm> ((Roll perception versus easy.))
<~rkcgm> !2d6
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled 2d6: (5+1) = 6.
<llewelyn> !5d6: perception
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “perception”: (3+4+4+3+6) = 20.
<ellie> !7d6: Perception looking around
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Perception looking around”: (4+2+6+1+2+5+5) = 25.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (2+1+3+4+1) = 11.
<sila> !6d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 6d6: (5+3+2+2+4+6) = 22.
<sila> ((crit!))
<~rkcgm> ((Roll))
<sila> !2d6:
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 2d6: (3+6) = 9.
^ Havrasti gets distracted by that same perfume merchant again
<~rkcgm> ((Sorry, need two sixes, not one.))
<sila> ((…oh, drat, that’s right))
<~rkcgm> Everyone but Havrasti notices that the people on the street have rings around their eyes; and there are a few drunks still sleeping in the alleyways.
<ellie> "So… we want to keep the noise down so as not to cause a grouchy hang-over riot… and maybe find the guard house and ask for a guard with an uncle named… what was his name?
<ellie> "
^ Sila looks for anyone who’s actually /not/ hung-over – I mean, it’s not likely, but there /could/ be a missionary Bible-merchant in the city
^ Havrasti remembers the name perfectly (his player does not)
<havrasti> “We’re looking for Fotios.”
<~rkcgm> ((Fotios))
<ellie> “Aaah, yes. So… if we can find our way to a guard house, I guess that would be the thing to ask about. A guard with an uncle named Fotios. Probably easiest to find him and ask for an introduction.”
<~rkcgm> There are a number of people in town who aren’t hung-over. One gives you directions to a guard-house.
<sila> !6d6: vs “it’d take a miracle” to find a Bible-seller
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled "vs “it’d take a miracle” to find a Bible-seller": (3+3+4+6+1+3) = 20.
<~rkcgm> !6d6: miracles may happen
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “miracles may happen”: (3+1+6+5+2+4) = 21.
<~rkcgm> ((But apparently not in this town.))
<ellie> ((…Do we want to MAKE that happen? I have a green… but is it worth it?))
<sila> ((was worth a shot :P I don’t feel the need to force it though))
<ellie> ((Ok, letting it go, then.))
<ellie> ((Just… you were in range, if you kept the six))
<ellie> ((Still, we may want that for other things))
<sila> ((Yeah))
^ Ellie , along with the others, follows the sober towns-person’s directions to the guardhouse.
<~rkcgm> About half of the guards appear to share the town’s affliction. The other half don’t.
^ Ellie looks around for the guard we talked to the other day, just in case he happens to be there.
<~rkcgm> ((Roll luck versus intermediate.))
<~rkcgm> !4d6: luck
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “luck”: (3+1+1+2) = 7.
<~rkcgm> ((One person only, please.))
<ellie> ((Anyone have higher than 5?))
<sila> ((not me))
<havrasti> ((I’ve luck 5))
<ellie> !5d6: Luck on whether I see the person I’m looking for
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Luck on whether I see the person I’m looking for”: (6+2+2+1+4) = 15.
<ellie> ((Sorry, I got it. Kinda makes sense, since Ellie was looking.))
<~rkcgm> The very guard you’re looking for is sharpening swords on a wheel in the back.
<~rkcgm> Fancy that.
^ Ellie nudges the others and points back toward where he’s working.
<ellie> She doesn’t, however, immediately lead the way. Imagine that.
<~rkcgm> Big Buff Manly Guard (at the door): “What do you want?”
<havrasti> “Ah, we would like to talk to that guard over there.”
<~rkcgm> Big Buff Manly Guard: “Then go talk to him.”
^ Ellie kinda looked abashed and stepped slightly back behind the others at the gruff challenge. She’s glad that Havrasti spoke up.
<~rkcgm> Guard: “Oh, hey there. Deal with that dragon?”
<sila> “We convinced them to move out of the area. Wolves are likely to be a greater problem now.”
^ Ellie has stationed herself nice and quietly in the background.
<havrasti> “Yep, and it occured to us that your uncle you mentioned may know of a person we’re looking for.”
<havrasti> “So we were wondering if we could meet him.”
<~rkcgm> Guard: “Oh, my Uncle Fotios? Sure, sure. He knows everybody.”
<~rkcgm> Guard: “Can you wait a few minutes for me to finish this project, though? Sergeant wants his sword polished up before he wakes up for the day.”
<sila> “I suppose.”
<havrasti> “We can wait.”
^ Ellie makes no objection to waiting.
^ Llewelyn doesn’t feel like waiting, and so flicks a finger against the blade.
<llewelyn> !8d6: sorcery versus difficult
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “sorcery versus difficult”: (3+4+2+4+1+5+5+1) = 25.
<llewelyn> !5d6: difficult
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “difficult”: (6+4+5+2+5) = 22.
<havrasti> ((oh no XD ))
<llewelyn> ((I use a red.))
^ Ellie donates to Llewelyn. Red or green?
<havrasti> ((have a red? ))
<ellie> ((Ellie donates red))
<llewelyn> ((I’ll have Ellie’s red.))
<llewelyn> !8d6: roll again
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “roll again”: (6+3+4+6+6+4+3+6) = 38.
<llewelyn> ((Um, crit… supercrit))
<ellie> !2d6: crit coin
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “crit coin”: (5+1) = 6.
<ellie> ((Or, y’know, get-it-back coin))
<llewelyn> ((Ellie, roll to get your… red coin back.))
<llewelyn> !2d6: crit coin
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “crit coin”: (1+1) = 2.
<~rkcgm> ((Gold!))
<havrasti> ((woot))
<ellie> ((Indeed. That poor guard. You’ve entirely undermined him, as he’ll never be able to reach that standard again :-p))
<sila> “Llewelyn! Honestly, didn’t that prophet of yours ever tell you patience is a virtue?”
^ Llewelyn flicks the blade and it turns a dusky grey metal, with the notched edge smoothing out and becoming razor sharp and diamond-hard.
<llewelyn> “No. He was more impatient than I was.”
<havrasti> O_o
^ Llewelyn looks at the guard. “Your sergeant should be pleased with that result.”
<havrasti> “But prophets are… they’re supposed… what?”
<ellie> “Prophets are no more perfect than the rest of us, I suppose.”
<llewelyn> “As mortal as the rest of us.”
<~rkcgm> The guard looks at the blade and whistles. “Dang. Is this what elves do to their steel? Sergeant’s going to be happier than a cat with nine birds…”
<~rkcgm> The guard sheaths the sword very lovingly. “I guess I can take you to meet my uncle right now, eh.”
<havrasti> “I guess so.”
^ Sila mutters “Don’t have to /have/ a virtue to know you should /try/ for it.”
^ Ellie snerks.
^ Havrasti follows the guard
<~rkcgm> The guard gets up and heads outside, leading you to his house on the edge of town.
<~rkcgm> Outside the front door, sitting on a log eating walnuts, is a wrinkly old man with a cane leaning against his leg.
<~rkcgm> Guard: “Good afternoon, Uncle. These fine people wish to speak with you. Please do try to be polite.”
<~rkcgm> Guard: “Folks, my uncle Fotios.”
<havrasti> “Hello sir.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios looks up and squints at you all. “He told me I have to be polite. So, hello.”
<ellie> “A pleasure to meet you, sir.”
<sila> “Greetings.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Well, don’t you have pretty voices, little ladies. I suppose I can be more polite for that.”
<sila> “Heh, thank you. Would you be so kind as to tell us the story of the foreign visitors who stayed with you on their way from Starmarch to safer lands, some years ago?”
^ Llewelyn also greets Fotios.
<havrasti> “We were wondering if you could tell us about a man, and possibly a woman, his wife, with him, who visited your old village for a few years.”
^ Ellie takes a seat on the ground somewhere nearby, so as to be a little closer to the obviously near-sighted sight range.
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Mm? Let’s see… let’s see…”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Hm, was it a few years ago? Oh, I know who you’re asking about.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “A husband and wife, it was. Hm, they called themselves… oh, what was it. Modrost and Dobrodelni, I think. Yes, I remember it now.”
<~rkcgm> ((Havrasti and Sila can roll intelligence versus simple.))
<~rkcgm> !2d6: intelligence versus
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “intelligence versus”: (6+4) = 10.
<sila> !6d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 6d6: (1+5+3+4+2+5) = 20.
<sila> (well that’s embarassing)
<havrasti> !3d6 : Int
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Int”: (3+3+6) = 12.
<sila> ((Care to trade coins? :P ))
<~rkcgm> ((Hrm. So… nobody got it. I’d suggest at least one re-roll…))
<havrasti> (isn’t simple the one where if you get a 6 you win period?))
<~rkcgm> ((Oh, you’re right.))
<havrasti> ((simple/easy/2d6))
<~rkcgm> ((Havrasti can also add a 1d6 for ‘being a dragon’.))
<havrasti> !1d6
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled 1d6: (3) = 3.
<havrasti> ((oh well, no crit))
<~rkcgm> ((S’fine, give me a moment.))
<havrasti> “Sounds like the people we’re looking for, yes.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “They had two half-elves in tow, too – a lady and a kid, though I don’t think they were related.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “The couple, they were definitely in charge, though.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Anyway, what is it you want to know about them?”
<havrasti> “What happened to them, where they went.”
<~rkcgm> ((The record to show: "Havrasti recognizes that the names ‘Modrost’ and ‘Dobrodelni’ come from a very specific sub-dialect of the main draconic language. Modrost means ‘Wisdom’ and Dobrodelni means ‘Charity’. They specifically have the language structure that says “this is a proper noun used as a name”, and not “this is a common noun used as a descriptor”."))
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Hm, well. That’s a bit of a story.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “They stayed at my house for nearly a full winter.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “That was the year that the local priest took sick and died after playing too much with the temple priestesses. So Tranovalto lost their priest right before winter.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “This Modrost, he was a real smart fellow.”
<havrasti> Mmhmm, father always was."
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “So he went and kinda took over as the local priest, at least for the winter. Always in the temple room in the town center, doing something or other. But folks didn’t like how he did things.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Modrost didn’t like our local gods. Said they were weak and we needed better ones. A couple people got offended.”
^ Havrasti thinks “weak gods don’t like the reminder.”
<sila> “Hehe, my kind of guy.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “It got pretty nasty, I remember. A guy who lived on the other side of town got really angry. He started making trouble.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “One day, Modrost and I were out gathering wood, and came back to find that somebody had knocked my door in, and drugged Dobrodelni. Sold her to a slave caravan. They was already gone.”
<sila> “Ooh, that can’t have gone well.”
^ Havrasti thinks “HOW?!? …maybe I should pity that slave caravan… nah.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios scratches his chin. “I’ve seen a lot of angry men in eighty years. I never seen one that scared me, not as much as Modrost scared me.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “He just walked out of town.”
<ellie> “Um… yeah… I can imagine.” The story of a kidnapped wife and mother couldn’t be having any unpleasant echoes for Ellie, no…
<ellie> ((And her mother’s story was a whole lot better…))
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “He comes back before midnight with his wife, saying he paid off the caravan owners and got his wife back.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “He told me he wasn’t going to stay, and so the next day, he and his wife left.”
<sila> “I wonder what currency he used….”
<ellie> “Did he say where they were heading?”
<~rkcgm> Fotios shrugs. “Funny thing is, the guy who gave them so much trouble?”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Next day he runs into town screaming that giant red eyes are following him. Happened, like, eight or nine times.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Then he went crazy and burned his house down while he was inside it.”
<sila> “Giant red eyes, really.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios shrugs again. “What can I say? The guy was into freaky stuff – spirits and ghosts and things.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Modrost told me a bit about it, but I’m a simple man and didn’t understand it.”
<havrasti> “But you don’t know where Modrost and Dobrodeln went, or anyone who might know?”
<sila> “Rebellious spirits are bad business, yes.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Well, Modrost said he wasn’t going to stick around in Ros; he was going south to Alamanche. Don’t blame him. He was Smart People, just like they are.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Are you looking for them, you say?”
<sila> “Yes, yes we are.”
<havrasti> “Yes.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Well, you tell them I said hello, and that I’m keeping on with what he taught me.”
<havrasti> “We will, thanks.”
<ellie> “We appreciate all you’ve told us.”
<sila> “And glad to hear it on your account as well.”
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Oh, going so soon? Ah well, I suppose you young sprouts have business to attend to…”
<ellie> “Heh. You were interested in visiting more?”
<ellie> “I think we figured we’d troubled you enough.”
<sila> “Well we won’t find them sitting here, will we? Though if you have more story to tell, of course we would like to hear it.”
<havrasti> “Maybe with some dinner, where’s a good place to go?”
<~rkcgm> Fotios is just a lonely old cantakerous guy who can’t work any more, and so sits on his nephew’s front porch sixteen hours a day.
<ellie> “I’m not sure we’re in any sort of hurry. Are you hungry? If you have a favorite place to go eat, maybe we could take you there.”
^ Llewelyn agrees.
<~rkcgm> Fotios: “Well, sure. It’s been an age or two since I ate down at the public house…”
<ellie> “Well, why don’t we treat you and your nephew to a meal in thanks for your help?”
^ Ellie rises, and offers a hand to help the old gentleman up.
<~rkcgm> Fotios agrees enthusiastically.
^ Ellie helps Fotios to his feet, hands him his cane, and also keeps nearby in case he could use an additional arm to lean on.
^ Havrasti examines the public eatery, how good does it look like it’ll be?
<~rkcgm> Fotios likes Ellie.
^ Havrasti orders several helpings of meat once they’re inside… and something for the rest of your too.
<~rkcgm> Fotios has good taste in what passes for restaurants here: they serve a very mean roast lamb, and he notes as an aside that the food wasn’t even offered to idols.
^ Sila is in favor of that, on balance
^ Sila eats a lot of lamb
<ellie> Through the meal, Ellie keeps Fotios talking about ‘the good old days’ and the like (though she isn’t sure it took much more than a friendly, willing pair of ears). She also enjoys the meal.
^ Havrasti eats with gusto, and listens to Fotios as he tells stories.
^ Sila listens well, ‘cause her mouth is full anyhow
<~rkcgm> It transpires that Fotios and his nephew are both something of Christians, albeit ones who have only the simplest understanding of things, and no written word. Apparently Modrost’s teachings didn’t irritate entirely everyone…
^ Ellie joins in some of the discussion of their beliefs, revealing that we share them, and trying to add some to their understanding without being too overwhelming.
^ Sila tells them about the passover….mmm, lamb…
<~rkcgm> Fotios and his nephew appear greatly encouraged by your dinner together, and bid you a fond farewell when the evening’s over.
<havrasti> “WEll, that was good and productive… now I guess it’s time to go meet up with the ship again.”
<sila> “Yeah, and introduce the crew to our new translator. Won’t that be entertaining?”
^ Ellie gives ‘Uncle Fotios’ a hug to say goodbye, then joins the others.
<llewelyn> “We should be quick about it – our last rendezvous possibility will be pretty tight.”
<ellie> “Did we spend that much time? And… would they actually /leave without us/?”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “You have a ship?”
<sila> “Well, we have passage on a ship.”
<havrasti> “We do, from the other world.”
<llewelyn> “…they have a schedule to keep, and they can’t tarry too much. It’s expensive to run a ship.”
<ellie> “Yeah, it doesn’t belong to us.”
<havrasti> “A good flight should get us there.”
<ellie> “Well, yeah, but… I also didn’t figure they’d just abandon people.”
<sila> “Hey, we agreed to catch up ourselves.”
^ Ellie shrugs. “Yes, where do we need to be? I’d also vote we make arrangements to fly, all things considered. I don’t want to be stuck here.”
<llewelyn> “Do you need me to work something up for Eudocia?”
<ellie> “Well… we’ll have to do something, yeah. Probably better you than me…”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “Wait. We need to fly?”
<ellie> “I don’t know where we’re going, but regardless, that’ll be the fastest way. Also probably the least dangerous.”
^ Havrasti does make a point as their leaving to get that perfume merchant’s attention and tell him quietly and privately “You know, dragonesses don’t like to share, nor do dragons, so best not to try to sell such products to attract the other gender when they already have one.” Grins with entirely too many teeth while still in human form, somehow. Then catches up with the others.
<sila> “We could levitate her and let her come behind on a pull-line.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia (slightly hysterical): “Flying is the least dangerous?!”
^ Ellie pauses. “Are you afraid of heights or something?”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “I’ve never been on a height large enough to be afraid of!”
<ellie> “I was kind of counting flying as not being very dangerous at all when I made that assessment.”
<ellie> “Well, then you might actually enjoy it!” Ellie tries to smile encouragingly.
<ellie> “It certainly gives you a different view of the world.”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia would argue, but she’s sorta terrified.
^ Ellie tries to calm Eudocia down.
<ellie> !7d6: Ellie attempts to be very calming
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Ellie attempts to be very calming”: (2+4+4+3+3+3+1) = 20.
<~rkcgm> !2d6: Eudocia is trusting, but…
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “Eudocia is trusting, but…”: (2+6) = 8.
^ Sila enchants Eudocia’s belt to make the wearer act as nuetrally bouyant in air
<ellie> ((That’s just pathetic…))
<ellie> ((I’ll use my own red to re-roll…))
<llewelyn> ((I donate a red to Ellie))
<ellie> !7d6: Ellie tries again, with Llewelyn’s help
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Ellie tries again, with Llewelyn’s help”: (6+5+6+4+5+4+5) = 35.
<~rkcgm> ((Crit.))
<~rkcgm> ((And Llew gets his coin back.))
<~rkcgm> !2d6
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled 2d6: (3+5) = 8.
<~rkcgm> ((Give a red, get a red.))
<ellie> ((I’m full, party’s full. So passing the crit. But at least Llew got his back))
<sila> !6d6: floaty belt of being Easy to carry, or pull, or whatever…
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “floaty belt of being Easy to carry, or pull, or whatever…”: (5+6+4+1+1+3) = 20.
<~rkcgm> After Ellie gets done, Eudocia is willing to try the whole flying thing.
<~rkcgm> !4d6: versus for Sila
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for Sila”: (3+4+6+6) = 19.
^ Llewelyn offers to summon up a flying mount for Eudocia.
<ellie> ((Argh. Well… I could donate a green. Or we could just give that one up and do the mount thing, which would probably be more comfortable for Eudocia, anyway.))
<sila> ((aw, at least let me roll my green first Llew :P))
<~rkcgm> ((Okay.))
<ellie> ((I’ll donate a green, then))
<sila> !4d6: keeping 6,5
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “keeping 6,5”: (2+4+2+5) = 13.
<~rkcgm> ((Now you can use the party blue.))
<sila> ((ok))
<sila> !4d6: still keeping 6,5
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “still keeping 6,5”: (6+2+2+3) = 13.
<~rkcgm> ((Success.))
<~rkcgm> Eudocia is lighter on her feet. She needs some calming down again and a bit of explanation after she bounces the first time she took a step, though.
<llewelyn> “So… hm… What sort of mount shall I make…”
^ Ellie explains to Eudocia that this way she’s protected, and she’ll have a mount to sit on, as well.
<havrasti> “Make an artificial dragon for once.”
<llewelyn> “Oh, okay. I can do that, if you wish.”
<ellie> !6d6: for a maybe magic thing
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “for a maybe magic thing”: (4+6+4+1+5+3) = 23.
<llewelyn> “I didn’t do it before now since I thought it might be a bit awkward.”
<~rkcgm> !4d6: for Ellie’s thing
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “for Ellie’s thing”: (4+4+6+3) = 17.
<~rkcgm> ((Success.))
<sila> “Eh, a golem is a golem.”
^ Ellie lightbends a tiny dragon sitting right on Havrasti’s nose, staring him in the eye, with its tail curled around him.
^ Llewelyn goes and stands in the middle of a field with his hands in his pockets, humming the main theme for Tombstone. This is how he does magic.
<ellie> Oddly, he doesn’t feel more than a little heat. It’s actually hovering a bit above the skin.
^ Havrasti goes crosseyed as he looks at the little dragon
<havrasti> “That’s cute, Ellie.”
<ellie> The mini-dragon puffs a mini bit of flame, though it comes nowhere near his skin.
^ Llewelyn calls up some magic.
<llewelyn> !7d6: animation
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “animation”: (3+4+1+2+2+3+4) = 19.
<ellie> It then spreads its wings and flies off, looping around a couple times before poofing out into nothing.
^ Ellie grins mischievously.
<~rkcgm> !5d6: versus for Llewelyn (probably using a coin)
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus for Llewelyn (probably using a coin)”: (4+5+3+5+2) = 19.
^ Ellie donates red to Llewelyn
<llewelyn> !7d6: re-rolling
<karmabot> [Llewelyn] rolled “re-rolling”: (6+1+4+2+3+4+3) = 23.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia laughs at the little light-dragon.
^ Llewelyn does something a little more difficult than normal.
<llewelyn> Wind starts to swirl around Llewelyn, taking on an appearance like the dark underside of a thundercloud. A draconic head slowly lifts up from the cloudy center, and a tail uncurls; then wing pinions like frozen lightning strobe out. From the wing-bones, mist flows backward to make the rest of the wings.
^ Havrasti stretches and spreads his wings in preparation for flight
<llewelyn> “There, Sila: just to prove I can make something that flies and ISN’T made of stone.”
^ Ellie realizes that she should prepare her own wings…
^ Llewelyn glances at Ellie, since he was kinda showing off.
<sila> “Nice…what /is/ it made of?”
<ellie> !6d6: Perception to notice Llewelyn showing off…
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Perception to notice Llewelyn showing off…”: (1+5+1+5+4+5) = 21.
<sila> ((ROFL))
<ellie> ((Since she’d just shifted her attention to a task))
<~rkcgm> !4d6: versus roll for Ellie
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll for Ellie”: (2+4+2+5) = 13.
<havrasti> ((well, she does))
<sila> ((too many 5s though))
^ Ellie glances over, and notices the cloud-dragon.
<ellie> She double-takes. “Heh, wow…”
<ellie> “Kinda… ominous and fun at the same time…”
<llewelyn> “It’s made of frozen air – with a layer of magic to keep it from being too cold.”
^ Llewelyn beams. Somewhat in the direction of Ellie.
<ellie> “Ha!” Ellie is now distracted, and goes to examine the frozen-air-cloud dragon.
<sila> “So it’s a … liquid nitrogen golem?”
<ellie> She admires the handiwork… though unfortunately she’s facing the wrong direction to see Llewelyn’s look.
<sila> “Yikes, Llewelyn. I’m really glad I made a safety device to go with it. I mean, impressive as all get out but…yeah.”
^ Llewelyn registers a slightly diminshed smile. “Um. I suppose. I prefer to call it a cloud dragon…”
<sila> “…can we freeze bananas and stuff in it before you dissipate it?”
<ellie> “I like it.” Ellie comments from the other side of the cloud-dragon.
<ellie> “BUT! I need to take care of my own wings, now!”
<havrasti> “And then we cna be off!”
^ Ellie returns to concentrating on getting her garments shifted out of wing-way.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia likes it too – it’s big enough that she actually feels like she won’t crush it.
<ellie> !6d6: Willpower vs standard to activate her clothing enchantments
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Willpower vs standard to activate her clothing enchantments”: (6+5+5+1+2+3) = 22.
<~rkcgm> !3d6: standard for Ellie
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard for Ellie”: (2+4+5) = 11.
<~rkcgm> ((Success.))
^ Ellie gets her clothes shifted easily, then grows her wings once more.
^ Llewelyn has the cloud dragon carry him in its claws.
<llewelyn> “So, are we ready?”
<ellie> “Guess so. Um… I still don’t know where we’re going… but I guess it wouldn’t help me to know a name, anyway. I’d still just be following everyone else.”
<havrasti> “I remember the maps, just follow me.”
<sila> “Up you get Eudocia – the cloud golem will carry you, and if anything goes wrong your belt will keep you from falling, so you’re safe twice over.”
^ Sila shifts and helps Eudocia get on
^ Havrasti leaps into the air and takes flight
<ellie> “But nothing will go wrong. Just hold on. It’ll be fun!”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia holds on and awaits this “fun”.
<sila> “In the sky again…doot doot doot doot in the sky again…”
^ Sila doesn’t really know the song she’s parodying, which limits the effect
^ Ellie waits for the cloud-dragon to take off, then follows it, hovering somewhat near Eudocia, pointing out the view. This incidentally also keeps her somewhat in Llewelyn’s general vicinity, not that she noticed…
<llewelyn> “Heigh-ho, Thundercloud!”
<~rkcgm> Thundercloud rises in the air, barely flapping its lightning-mist wings. Eudocia seems to enjoy it.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “Ha ha!”
<~rkcgm> Eudocia: “The fun has been doubled!”
<havrasti> ((hehehe))
<havrasti> ((time for a time skip… but how far?))
<havrasti> ((I could see it being either reaching the ship, on the ship, or arriving in Alamache))
<~rkcgm> So, you fly off into the evening, heading quickly to meet with the ship… where Mrs. Leto is undoubtedly DYING to learn why her daughter is bringing a GIANTESS back with her…
<~rkcgm> == END LOG ==
<sila> Hehehe, she will be very in terested to hear THAT one yes
^ Ellie does get rather fatigued along the way. After all, she’s still not used to flying distances.
<sila> …I’m betting she doesn’t use the expression “Dying to” anymore though…
<~rkcgm> Probably not.
^ Llewelyn lets Ellie ride in the cloud dragon’s claws alongside him.
^ Ellie is abashed at needing the help, but accepts gratefully.
<ellie> Her blushing could not have anything to do with also ending up sitting so near Llewelyn… not at all…
<havrasti> ((i’ts merely the cold of the wind, that’s it, yeah))
<ellie> Yes, of course. Wind does tend to make your cheeks red, too.
<ellie> That’s it.
<ellie> Ellie keeps her wings to wrap around herself for warmth. She does have some dignity…
<ellie> ;-)

Log 031

Red King's Command Wayfarer