Log 030

<~rkcgm> == START LOG ==
<~rkcgm> Last time, on Red King’s Command, you came to a set of hills called the Aspvesolitos, where you learned there was a dragon hunting the villagers’ sheep and goats. You agreed to negoatiate with said dragon…
<~rkcgm> …learning when you arrived that said dragon is actually two, one of which is Havrasti’s brother Sivroh, and the second of which is apparently his mate, Keziah. (Though you weren’t informed he got married.)
<sila> (well after all, Havrasti was off-world at the time :P )
<havrasti> (seeing as how we were in two different worlds, and not on the best of terms, not very surprising :P )
<llewelyn> ((Pause, please.))
^ Havrasti is quite surprised at Keziah’s statement, “I’ve not heard of this, when did you two first mate?”
^ Havrasti follows her inside as well
<~rkcgm> Keziah flutters her wings in a draconic gesture of modesty: “We came together nine months ago.”
<sila> “Congratulations.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah is actually leading you further up into the most rugged part of the hills.
<havrasti> “Yes, congratulations.”
^ Ellie follows. Quietly. Taking short flights over rougher portions of ground.
^ Llewelyn likewise follows, on foot, offering a hand to Ellie where the ground is roughest.
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Thank you.”
^ Ellie thanks Llewelyn for his aid… at least, when she’s still on the ground to use it.
^ Llewelyn is happy to help.
<ellie> Though… she may or may not remain on the ground a little more than she otherwise would. She shall retain plausible deniability on this point…
<~rkcgm> Keziah heads up through a set of narrow crevasses that challenge a dragon’s width.
^ Ellie quite enjoys the narrow, enclosed spaces.
<sila> “Well, at least the infantry wouldn’t have an easy time getting at you…erk. Think I lost a scale there.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Infantry?”
<havrasti> “There is some upsetness amongst the villagers about dragons raiding goats and sheep.”
<sila> "Oh, yes – that was the other reason for “diplomacy.” The locals are upset about their goat losses. We agreed to see if we could resolve it somehow."
<~rkcgm> Keziah angles her head over her wings to look at you all. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.”
<sila> “Really? How many dragons /live/ in this area?”
<ellie> “We met them in town where they were trying to get soldiers to ‘resolve’ things. We figured it might be better if we came instead.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Just Sivroh and myself.”
<havrasti> “Hmm.”
<sila> “Huh. Well, they’re sufficiently convinced that you’re the problem to have been trying to acquire musketmen. Racists – they couldn’t seem to imagine any resolution that didn’t end in death.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Now please watch your footing, here. We’re nearly to the top.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah takes you into another jumble of rocks – very tight quarters for a dragon – and up a steep and smooth slope.
^ Ellie has remained on the ground through the narrow gorge – flight in tight spaces just didn’t seem wise.
^ Havrasti steps carefully, his wings pressed tightly against himself
<ellie> She does end up needing Llewelyn’s help in a couple spots through here… and /no/ she’s /not/ faking it. ( ;-) )
^ Llewelyn finds a few good places to balance, then turns to help Ellie at every opportunity.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia, for all her size, almost always manages on her own, since she’s barefoot and has good traction. Her height and reach also allow her to touch both walls for handholds.
<ellie> “Heh. Thanks, Llewelyn. This is huff quite a climb…”
<llewelyn> “My pleasure. Here, watch your footing there…”
<~rkcgm> At the top of the slippery slope, you find yourselves in a rocky glen on the shoulder of the tallest hill. There’s a gap to the south which has a great view of most of the southern end of the island, and a series of overhangs on the northern side.
<havrasti> ((wait, is Eudocia in a human form or full form?))
<~rkcgm> ((Full size. Nobody’s given her an alternative form yet.))
^ Ellie leans against a nearby rock to catch her breath. “Wow. Well… that’s quite a view.”
<havrasti> ((ok))
<ellie> “Worth the climb, even.”
^ Sila keeps an eye on Eudocia but doesn’t offer extra help since she seems to be managing fine on her own
^ Havrasti keeps an eye out for his brother
<~rkcgm> Keziah heads a few lengths into the glen, and then keens quietly. “Sivroh, stop being anti-social.”
<~rkcgm> Voice: “Bah, you had to bring them up here, didn’t you?
^ Sila tries to spot a boulder-that-isn’t before he unfolds this time (asuming he’s not just hiding in a cave)
<~rkcgm> Sivroh comes out from under the overhang.
<~rkcgm> He looks unusually emaciated for a dragon. His left foreleg looks very thin and he walks without it in a painful-looking limp. Worse, his left wing appears to be badly-damaged, with most of the ’flying surface” looking diseased or just plain gone.
<havrasti> “Sivroh, what happened to you???”
^ Ellie feels quite sorry for him.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “What happened? It’s not obvious?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh doesn’t look entirely pleased to see his brother.
^ Havrasti wouldn’t expect him to be pleased, no
<sila> “…it’s not obvious to me…”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh sighs and responds in a small voice. “I lost a fight with a human mage.”
^ Ellie finds a nice rock in a corner, where she can sit down with a back behind her.
<sila> “Oh, ouch. Wait – hah. He didn’t think so, we’ve heard his story and he lied about it.”
<havrasti> “Ah, I think we do know about that, at least that a fight occured, but didn’t know the outcome.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh turns so you’re only seeing his good right side. You’re pretty sure this is unintentional on his part.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “So what are you here for, Havra? I see you brought a Noroth and two elves – pardon, an elf and a half-elf – with you. Working for them, now?”
<~rkcgm> Keziah lightly wing-baps him.
<havrasti> “With them. And we came looking for news of our parents.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh gives a sort of half-hearted glare at Havrasti. “What do you know of them?”
<sila> (muttering) “…what, just because I’m a dragon I’m not employer material?”
^ Havrasti tells them the intel they got from DEAR
<~rkcgm> Sivroh listens carefully while pretending to still be a stick-in-the-mud.
^ Ellie sits quietly like a good little half-elf, allowing the siblings to work things out between them.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Humph. Well… doesn’t sound like you know much more than I did when I got here.”
<havrasti> “I was hoping that we could learn more about them from the dragons here… particularly when we found out it was you.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Sorry.” He turns slightly to better hide his crippled side.
<~rkcgm> Keziah harumphs at him.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Oh, fine.”
^ Ellie is, of course, stewing over those wounds. As would be her reflex, she’s wondering if she could help him with her healing. But she still feels it best to let the brothers work things out between them, first.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “We can compare notes.”
^ Sila pokes Ellie and points to her head
^ Ellie thinks to Sila /Yes?/
<sila> (tel) “You thinking about healing? Want me to see if I can figure out what’s wrong while they’re talking about their parents?”
<havrasti> “So what do you know about them?”
<havrasti> “We found some of father’s writings in the jars under that temple, where you fought the mage.”
^ Ellie answers in her head, /Thinking of it, yes. And thinking that if I try it, I could use your help, since you have that ability to diagnose things. And you’d know more about dragon anatomy than I do, anyway. But I don’t want to do anything without asking him first./
<~rkcgm> Sivroh flops down on a sunny rock. “I’ve got to get off this leg, sorry.”
<sila> (mental backchannel says:) “Duh, this is Ethelwyn, of COURSE she wants to heal him…”
<havrasti> “Hmm, Ellie, do you think you could do anything about his injuries?”
<~rkcgm> ((Out loud, or in loud?))
<havrasti> ((of course both Havrasti and I were already thinking about Ellie doing healing magics on him when his injury was first revealed :P ;) ))
<havrasti> (out loud)
<sila> (aloud) “If Sivroh doesn’t mind us doing a little diagnostic spellcasting we could answer that better.”
<havrasti> (afaik I’m not part of the telepathy conversation yet)
<ellie> “I was planning on offering to try.” Ellie answers.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh’s voice rises to a half-panicky tone. “Keep your elves and their magic away from me!”
<sila> “What the – do I seriously look like an elf to you?!?”
<ellie> “I won’t do anything you don’t want, of course. But I do have a healing ability. I would use it to help you if you wished.”
^ Ellie speaks quietly and quite gently.
<havrasti> “They are not the Tadgh, Sivroh, though I will admit it was awhile before I could get used to them myself.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Oh, I don’t mean you… whatever your name is.”
^ Havrasti is not going to mention that Llewelyn used to be friends with the person the Tadgh used to be, of course :P
<ellie> ((Sivroh is, of course, looking at Sila there.))
^ Llewelyn isn’t going to mention that either.
<sila> “Sila daughter of Leto. And I’ll have you know I am an /expert/ in magical diagnosis of medical issues in dragons and humanoids.”
<havrasti> “She is Sila, whose mother was gravely ill and this half-elf of another world healed her.”
^ Ellie holds her tongue and keeps her seat.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh mantles his one good wing at Sila. “It’s a pleasure, Lady Sila daughter of Leto.”
<sila> “Oh – yes, a pleasure to meet you too, circumstances not withstanding.”
<sila> “Heh, after all, we’re going to be related.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I’ll let you poke and prod, but I’ve had enough of elves practicing magic on me.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Related… OH.”
^ Ellie makes no comment. At least, not right now.
<ellie> She is pondering. But she does not feel it is yet time for speaking.
<sila> (tele) “Let’s look at the problem first, convince him of the solution when we’re sure what it will entail.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh glances at Havrasti, opens his mouth to say something insulting, thinks better of it.
<sila> (aloud) “So ah – do please tell Havrasti where he can find his parents when it’s time to make announcements, won’t you?”
^ Ellie answers Sila silently, /Yes, best I stay out of it for the moment. But have a look and see what’s wrong./
<havrasti> “Yes, Sila and I are planning on a first mating at some point in the near future.”
<sila> (tele) “Sure, for this you can watch my head and plan from there.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh mutters. “What’s the point of waiting?”
^ Sila proceeds to walk around to Sivroh’s bad side and starts concentrating on the spell
^ Ellie keeps a telepathic look over Sila’s shoulder.
<sila> !6d6: I AM the MRI, hehehe
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “I AM the MRI, hehehe”: (1+2+5+3+6+6) = 23.
<~rkcgm> ((Sila, intelligence versus difficult, please.))
<~rkcgm> !5d6: DC for the MRI
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “DC for the MRI”: (6+1+3+6+3) = 19.
<havrasti> “Hess, that’s what her mother asks occasionally, but the point is that we’re living hidden amongst humans in another world that doesn’t know about dragons, and the culture there, which Sila was born and grew up in, has human expectations.”
<sila> ((…and the X-ray…and the ultrasound…))
<sila> “Friends…neighbors…church people…”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Bah, human expectations.”
^ Sila mutters absently with most of her attention on biology
<havrasti> “Anyway, I am glad to have heard that you and Keziah are mates.”
<~rkcgm> Sila: Sivroh’s injuries are at least a year or two old. It looks like he was hit, on his left side, with some pretty nasty magic. The sense you get is that the magic stayed there for months until it crippled him.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh looks at Keziah: “That’s the one good thing about what happened to me.”
<sila> (tele) “The sadist who used that spell should be dragged out in a street and shot.”
^ Ellie listens to Sila’s diagnostic pensively.
<havrasti> “So was the mage who did this to you Takis?”
<~rkcgm> ((Not to put too fine a point on it, but the magic basically ate away at the muscle mass and the bones themselves.))
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I don’t know who it was.”
<sila> (tele) “Burned all kinds of tissues in the end, but it looks like it hit the nerves first, then sat in the muscles until it ran out…”
<sila> (tele) “…anemic, probably because of the marrow damage – not down to terribly dangerous levels, but I bet he’s tired a lot…”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “He and a friend had gotten into a storehouse Father left in one of the places he hid after we were freed.”
<havrasti> “Tranovalto?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Right.”
^ Ellie considers. /I don’t know what I could do, even if he would let me try. But then I never do until I try… just not experienced enough yet./
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I didn’t fare very well against him, and his spellcraft lingered until, well… this happened.”
<sila> (tele) “Well…he could theoretically redevelop muscle mass on his own, but we’d need to actually grow new sail surface, and the nerve damage won’t heal any way known except magic, so that’s a priority.”
<havrasti> “I see, still, better than what was reported of the mage having killed the dragon outright. But we discounted that because there was no body… and I just didn’t want that to have happened.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh harumphs. “He came a lot closer than I would have liked.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I dragged myself away and managed to hide for a few weeks; but with an injured wing and leg, I can’t move well enough to hunt.”
<havrasti> “So it would certainly not be you that is the dragon the local villagers were talking about stealing their goats and sheep.”
^ Ellie replies to Sila, /Well, there’s nothing for it but to try. If he’ll let me. I’ll make the offer again before we leave, but I’m going to let him and Havrasti get through what they have to say to each other, first. If he does let me, it may help to have your help guiding me, kind of like we did with your mom./
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “What villagers?”
^ Havrasti tells Sivroh and Keziah about what the villagers had told them (and that we didn’t look like dragons to them at the time)
<sila> (tele) “Maybe help in more than one way – partly for the dragon-anatomy bit, and part for convincing him to let you do it in the first place.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh looks at Keziah. “Is that where you’ve been hunting?”
<ellie> Sila can feel Ellie hesitate for a moment in her thought, then she admits, /I’d already planned to go so far as vowing not to willingly harm him if he would let me try it. But hey, a character reference never hurts, either, right?/
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “I don’t stray far outside the boundary of the hills.”
<ellie> “Then you don’t know of anything else that could be attacking their flocks?” Ellie speaks up, though still in a very quiet manner.
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Pfft. Wolves are here in great numbers. I’ve thinned them out so they don’t find their way up into the hills and attack Sivroh. A pack tried, once.”
<ellie> “Hmmm. Sounds like we’ll need to do some further talking with the villagers…”
<sila> “Bloody-minded conclusion jumpers…”
<ellie> “Well… let’s not go ahead jumping to conclusions, either. Who knows, there still could be more than wolves attacking their flocks…”
<sila> “Or they could be more-than-ordinary wolves, or there could possibly even be another dragon, unlikely as it seems at this point.”
<sila> “Still though.”
<ellie> “Quite. After all, I would think there would be differences between the signs of a wolf attacking your flock, and the signs of a dragon doing so. And while I believe Keziah and Sivroh, I also would think they’d recognize the signs of something that was merely a wolf attack.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “I might have taken a few of their animals by accident, but not regularly.”
<sila> “…you do remember them telling us this morning they thought dragons had snuck into town in the night to eat people, right Ellie?”
<ellie> “Yes. Because someone decided to go roaring at sheep…” Ellie replies, perhaps a little pointedly.
<havrasti> “Well when you’re getting walked on when you’re trying to sleep…”
<ellie> “I don’t know that it necessarily means anything… other than that they heard what sounded like a dragon (because it /was/ one, but don’t tell them that) somewhere inside the town.”
^ Ellie half-grins and fully rolls her eyes at Havrasti’s reply.
<~rkcgm> Keziah beckons Sila over to the side for a private chat.
<havrasti> “Still, it would be best to get the villagers convinced that you don’t mean them harm, perhaps even by going and talking to them.”
^ Sila allows herself to be drawn aside
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Do you think he can be healed?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Oh yes, Havra, reasoning with superstitious humanoids always works, as our family has discovered so many times!”
<ellie> “Ignoring them may not work,either, though. As we told you, they were looking to bring back soldiers when they ran into us. If we can’t convince them you’re not the problem… they’ll only revert to that plan, again…”
<havrasti> “I wouldn’t count it many times, just two, and the one that was big trouble for us wasn’t superstitious humanoids but ones very familiar with dragons.”
<sila> “Oh, yes, I think so – if he’ll let Ellie do the helping. I’m good at anti-pathogen and diagnostics, but Ellie’s the one with the real healing ability. She cured my mother of damage my brother and I have been trying to keep in check nearly 20 years, and expected her to succumb to any month.”
<sila> “I mean, my brother and I helped – Ellie’s not exactly a dragon anatomy expert, and we are. It was a cooperative deal.”
<sila> "So if we both work on it together, I’m sure we can at least improve things. “All better” may be a bit much to assume before we get into it, but “better than this” should be within reach."
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “Anti-path… gin? Bah. All I need to know is that you can heal him. If you can, then we’d be gone for the south, just like that.”
<sila> “Well…convince him to let Ellie help, is all I can say.”
<sila> (tele) “Heh, it’ll improve our standing with the local humans if they move, too, which won’t hurt anything diplomatically.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “I think he’ll change his mind. He hates being a cripple more than elven-magic… I think.”
<sila> “I’m thinking maybe if we emphasize that I’ll be working with her?”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “That might be a help. Alternately, I could just sit on him and tell him to deal with it.”
^ Ellie hears Sila, and answers, /Um… I wasn’t exactly eavesdropping on you guys, so I don’t really know what you were saying, but… yeah, their moving would satisfy the villagers…/
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “It’s not like he can get away.”
<sila> (tele) “Oh, she said if he gets healed enough, they want to move south.”
<sila> “Heh, I hear you. Ellie might object if she thinks he’s that serious about not accepting treatment though.”
<sila> "I mean – she’s actually /not/ a power-happy tyrant type, you know? If someone says “don’t magic me” she actually won’t."
^ Havrasti discusses with Sivroh likely places that their father may have gone to while the ladies discuss how to get him to accept the healing magic
<~rkcgm> Keziah (to Sila): “I wouldn’t know – these are the first elves I’ve ever met. Sivroh fears them like the plague, but they don’t seem all that different from humans or some dragons, even in the stories.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh tells Havrasti about how he’d been liberated and taken to a different hideout than Havrasti or his parents, and has spent five years on-and-off tracking them as far as Tranovalto.
<sila> “Eh…I guess they’re not really, but they’re more than usually prone to particularly powerful mages, so the race has kind of a strong reputation. And the Tadgh was an elf, so there’s that. And in my family, well…they fled an entire world to get away from elven dragon slayers, so that tells you something about how things were back then.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah mantles her wings in a draconic shrug.
<sila> “It took me a while to get over the whole nightmare-boogeyman thing that came from my mom telling us history before bedtime, myself, so I don’t blame Havrasti and Sivroh at all.”
<sila> “But anyway…it sounds like they might be winding down on the parental location thing. Let’s pitch the healing idea.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah trots back over next to Sivroh and starts hissing in his ear.
<havrasti> ((the correct answer, Sivroh, is “Yes, dear.”))
<~rkcgm> Sivroh takes a moment to make a face. “But it’s elven magic! Do you…”
<~rkcgm> Keziah hisses.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “But…”
<~rkcgm> Keziah glares.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “…you tyrant.”
<havrasti> ((hehehehe))
^ Ellie watches the exchange pensively.
<~rkcgm> Keziah preens.
<havrasti> ((someone has to be, and it’s not going to be Ellie :P ;) ))
<~rkcgm> Sivroh mutters. “Mate with a headstrong dragoness and in only twelve months they’re running your life… STOP SMIRKING, HAVRA, you’ll know about this in a few months yourself!”
<havrasti> “Nine months, I was told.”
^ Sila tries not to smirk too hard herself
<~rkcgm> Keziah looks over at Sila. “You just need to train them.”
^ Sila gives up and laughs
^ Ellie almost smirks at that, but overall she’s still rather thoughtful.
<ellie> At last, she decides it’s time to speak up. “From the little I overheard, the topic under discussion is whether you’ll let me try to heal you?” she asks Sivroh.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh looks at Ellie with a very guarded expression. “Yes, that’s what we were discussing.”
<ellie> “The mention of ‘elven magic’ was a little loud,” Ellie smiles gently. Then she goes on, “You don’t know me. I understand. You have no reason to trust me. So I’ll do what I can to help:”
<ellie> “I vow that if you allowed me to do this, I would not willingly harm you. I say ‘willingly’ because I am still somewhat new to the use of my abilities, so I can’t in honesty make any promises about the results. But by now I have successfully healed a couple of very serious conditions. And in any case, my only intention would be to help you, and I would do whatever I could to do so. Still… in the end the choice is yours, and I will do nothing you don’t allow.”
<sila> “I will be guiding her to be sure any new growth comes out right.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh eyes Ellie speculatively.
^ Ellie says nothing more. Just watches him quietly and calmly.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “You smell familiar.”
^ Havrasti stays silent and watches
^ Ellie blinks a little in surprise, then thinks for a moment. “Do I, perhaps, smell like the Lady Steele Rose?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Do you… well. Actually, you do.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh squints. “Are you related?”
<ellie> “Heh, yes. And we must resemble each other, because this isn’t the first time someone has said I reminded them of her. She’s my aunt – my mother’s younger sister.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Hm.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I will let you do your magic, then. The Steel Rose is the one elf I’d trust, and if you are family to her…”
^ Ellie nods. “I will do all I can to help you.”
<ellie> “Thank you.” Ellie then approaches, throwing a look over her shoulder to Sila as she does so.
^ Havrasti smiles
<ellie> When she gets near enough, Ellie lays a very gentle hand on Sivroh’s injured leg.
^ Sila approaches also, and stands (looms?) behind Ellie
^ Sila concentrates on “This is what it should be like” and providing more power to Ellie
<~rkcgm> ((Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to give you five difficult 5d6 checks for the healing process. Beat all five, and he’s good to fly. Beat four of five, he’s mobile but will lack a lot of the muscle mass and coordination needed to fly.))
<havrasti> ((and what of 1-3? ))
<~rkcgm> ((If you only beat the roles once, Sivroh dies horribly, after which Keziah tries to kill you all.))
<~rkcgm> ((You asked. :P ))
<ellie> ((I bap Brock))
<ellie> ((Also, how does Sila’s help figure into things? And will Ellie’s first-aid knowledge help for any part of the process?))
<~rkcgm> ((Taken into account with the difficulty.))
<ellie> ((And no first aid. Ok.))
<ellie> !6d6: First of five rolls
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “First of five rolls”: (6+6+3+5+3+4) = 27.
<havrasti> ((good roll))
<~rkcgm> !5d6: versus
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus”: (6+6+4+5+4) = 25.
<sila> ((and since I’m assisting, I can certainly donate coins too ;) ))
<havrasti> (( O_O _ O_O ))
<havrasti> ((well this is tiem for a blue))
<~rkcgm> ((No kidding.))
<sila> ((indeed – I only have greens, are there blues around?))
^ Llewelyn has the only blue.
<ellie> ((I will use Llewelyn’s blue))
<~rkcgm> ((Because Ellie’s got her max of three coins and rolled a crit, I’m going to suggest that Llewelyn donates his blue and receives her crit-acquired coin in reply. Any objections?))
<havrasti> ((none from me))
<ellie> ((Ok with that))
<sila> (9workds for me))
<ellie> !3d6: Keeping 6,6,5, and re-rolling the remainder.
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Keeping 6,6,5, and re-rolling the remainder.”: (2+3+6) = 11.
<havrasti> ((yay))
<ellie> ((Ok, so that brings roll 1 up to a success))
<~rkcgm> ((Passed one check, four to go.))
<ellie> !6d6: roll two
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “roll two”: (2+5+1+4+6+6) = 24.
<~rkcgm> !4d6: roll two
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “roll two”: (1+4+3+5) = 13.
<havrasti> ((another yay))
<ellie> !2d6: and apparently rolling crit coin for Llewelyn to receive
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “and apparently rolling crit coin for Llewelyn to receive”: (2+6) = 8.
<~rkcgm> After some initial resistance, the healing starts going more smoothly.
<ellie> ((from last roll))
<ellie> !6d6: roll three
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “roll three”: (5+6+4+3+1+1) = 20.
<~rkcgm> ((That’s a red.))
<~rkcgm> !5d6: roll three
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “roll three”: (5+1+5+6+6) = 23.
<havrasti> ((have a green))
<havrasti> ((or maybe we should force the GM to reroll?))
<ellie> ((Havra does? Because if not, I do. But accepting donation is always better…))
<havrasti> ((I’ve got a red and two greens))
<sila> ((I can donate a green if Havrasti doesn’t))
<havrasti> ((I am donating))
<ellie> ((Ok, moment…))
<~rkcgm> ((Used Havra’s green.))
<ellie> !4d6: keeps 6,5 and re-rolls the rest with Havra’s green
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “keeps 6,5 and re-rolls the rest with Havra’s green”: (3+6+2+2) = 13.
<havrasti> ((hmm, still need another 5; have another green? ))
<ellie> ((Total of 6,6,5,3,2,2. Not quite enough. I have a green, or I can take another donation. I also got an uncancelled six, so Havra should be able to roll for something, I think…?))
<ellie> ((Last-ditch effort, I could use two reds to make him re-roll, but another green might do the trick… thoughts?))
<~rkcgm> ((Havra, roll 2d6 to get a coin back.))
<havrasti> ((hmmmm, how many reds do we have?))
<havrasti> !2d6
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled 2d6: (4+2) = 6.
<~rkcgm> ((Red.))
<havrasti> ((well, I have two now))
<ellie> ((I have two, also))
<~rkcgm> ((We have a total of six reds, including two party reds.))
<havrasti> ((how about we each use one?))
<sila> ((that sounds sensible))
<ellie> ((Ok. So we go for the two reds to force GM re-roll, rather than using a green to try and get me another six in this roll?))
<ellie> ((I put up one red.))
<havrasti> ((sounds the most likely to work))
<havrasti> ((I put up the other))
<~rkcgm> !5d6: roll three reroll
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “roll three reroll”: (2+6+4+2+1) = 15.
<havrasti> ((much better, so three of five now))
<~rkcgm> Sivroh’s wing starts to heal in fits and starts.
<ellie> !6d6: roll 4
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “roll 4”: (1+4+2+3+5+4) = 19.
<~rkcgm> !4d6: roll four
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “roll four”: (1+6+2+1) = 10.
<sila> “Let’s see if we can’t smooth the power flow to the sail repair there…”
<sila> ((time for my green?))
<~rkcgm> !1d6: add to above
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “add to above”: (4) = 4.
<~rkcgm> ((So 64211.))
<ellie> ((Yeah, let’s use Sila’s green.))
<havrasti> ((yep
<ellie> !5d6: keeping the 5, re-rolling the remainder
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “keeping the 5, re-rolling the remainder”: (1+2+1+4+4) = 12.
<sila> ((ick))
<havrasti> ((oh come on))
<ellie> ((Well, that doesn’t help. :-p Might use my own green, or my red…))
<sila> ((I have another green, if I’m allowed to doneate more than once))
<~rkcgm> ((You are, yes.))
<ellie> ((Ok. Will use Sila’s other green…))
<sila> ((go for it. Sila really wants this to work.))
<ellie> !5d6: still keeping that one 5
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “still keeping that one 5”: (3+4+3+2+6) = 18.
^ Sila leans into the telepathic bond a little more…
<~rkcgm> ((Sila, roll 2d6 for a coin back.))
<ellie> ((Oh, good, that six was uncancelled…))
<havrasti> ((much better))
<sila> !2d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 2d6: (6+3) = 9.
<~rkcgm> ((Green))
<ellie> !6d6: roll five
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “roll five”: (4+5+4+5+2+3) = 23.
<~rkcgm> !5d6: roll five
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “roll five”: (5+5+2+5+6) = 23.
<sila> “There, that’s better…”
<ellie> ((Pfft. Well… green again? I could keep the fives. Or I could just re-roll the whole thing…))
<sila> “Now see if we can fill in the muscle damage…”
<havrasti> ((maybe my red?))
<sila> ((we need the 5s though, the GM roll is pretty good.))
<havrasti> true
<havrasti> (( ))
<ellie> ((Yeah. Actually, I’m half-tempted to suggest we just use the party gold))
<~rkcgm> ((I was just about to suggest that.))
<sila> ((I could get behind that.))
<havrasti> ((fair enough))
<ellie> !12d6: re-roll with the party gold
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “re-roll with the party gold”: (3+5+4+5+2+3+1+3+4+6+6+2) = 44.
<ellie> ((Aaand two sixes is enough to beat it))
<sila> “No, Ellie, point it here on the back…Yes, there you go!”
<havrasti> ((and counts as a crit ;) ))
<~rkcgm> ((It does. Someone roll 2d6 for a new party coin.))
<sila> “Whoo! Rough start, but when you get in the groove you really get it.”
<ellie> !2d6: party coin
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “party coin”: (1+2) = 3.
<~rkcgm> ((Blue.))
<havrasti> ((awww, so close to a silver))
<havrasti> ((er, gold))
^ Sila sags back, then lies down on the rough rock
<~rkcgm> The rest of Sivroh’s wing heals in a rush. He still looks weak and emaciated, but he can fly, now, and that’s no small feat.
<havrasti> “Yay! You’re looking much better Sivroh, how do you feel?”
<ellie> Once the last of the healing comes together, Ellie removes her hand, and also droops back wearily.
<ellie> Taking a step back, she also sits down, and without thinking about it leans her back against Sila.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I feel… weirdly unbalanced.”
<sila> (tele, if Ellie’s still listening) “It’s a wonderful gift, but it soaks energy like the ground itself…whew.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh stretches his healed left wing and regards it with something like amazement.
^ Ellie is quite tired, and simply replies, “Yeah.”
<ellie> ((Telepathically))
^ Sila willingly allows herself to be used as a seat-back
<sila> “D’ you suppose the villagers would panic if we stayed here long enough to, oh, sleep for a week before reporting back?”
<~rkcgm> Keziah looks very happy. Probably because she is happy – happy enough that she sloppily licks the side of Sivroh’s face.
^ Sila grins tiredly at Keziah and Sivroh
^ Ellie snickers a little at Sila’s comment. “They might. On the other hand, I wouldn’t be opposed to a nap at some point today.” Ellie misses the licking. Her eyes happen to be closed.
<~rkcgm> Eudocia thinks “Ewww! Dragon-kissies!”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “A nap sounds good… but I’d not find a meal amiss.”
^ Havrasti gives Eudocia more to “eww” at and licks Sila muchly, “Well done.”
<sila> “Hee. Thanks you dear.”
<ellie> “Just not the villagers’ flocks, please. We’d get in trouble.” Ellie’s voice still sounds tired.
^ Sila looks at Llewelyn, wondering if he’ll complete the set
^ Llewelyn is not the licking sort.
^ Ellie ‘s eyes are still closed. So she is unaware of sets. :-p ;-)
^ Sila rolls her eyes at Llewelyn
^ Llewelyn is totally reading a book. “Good job, Ellie and Sila.”
<ellie> ((Not really reading a book. :-p ))
<~rkcgm> ((Not really, no. He donated a coin, which means he had to be helping somehow or another.))
<sila> ((a little subtle focusing magic while pretending not to mess with it because of the scary-elf factor?))
^ Llewelyn set an anti-distraction field around Ellie and Sila.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: "I… I’m going to see how well it works."
<~rkcgm> Sivroh takes off.
<ellie> A few minutes have passed. Ellie’s eyes are still closed. In point of fact, Sila might get the impression that Ellie actually has fallen asleep.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh spends about an hour in the sky going “Weeeee! Weeee! Weeeeeeeeee!”
^ Sila watches when he’s in view, at first, then drifts off herself
^ Sila twitches her wings in her sleep… “l’kit me mommy, I’m g’na fly a loop…”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh eventually comes back down, looking thoroughly tired out, but pleased.
^ Havrasti isn’t tired, but lays down by Sila himself
<~rkcgm> Sivroh approaches Ellie. “So, um.”
^ Ellie is still asleep, unless he wakes her…
<ellie> ;-)
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Ahem.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Cough cough.”
<sila> “Wha-? Oh, you’re back.”
^ Sila nudges Ellie
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: Careful poke to wake the half-elf.
^ Sila yaaaawns
^ Ellie stirs at the nudging and poking, then sits up and rubs her eyes. “Oh, ah… heh. Did I fall asleep? Sorry about that…”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I’m sorry to wake you. Maybe I should’ve waited… but, ahem.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I, um. Ahem. Uh. This is something of an awkward thing for me. Uh, don’t usually find myself in this position.”
^ Ellie waits… a little puzzled, actually.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh talks really quickly: “ThankyouforhealingmeandImsorryIthoughtbadthingsaboutyoubecauseyouareanelfbutthankyouanywayIreallyappreciateitandKeziahandIwillnameourfirsthatchlingafteryou.”
<~rkcgm> Keziah looks really surprised.
<havrasti> (( “Wait, we’ll what?” ))
<~rkcgm> ((Exactly :P ))
^ Ellie tries to catch everything, a little overwhelmed at the rush of words. She catches the general gist of things, though. “Oh, um… I’m- I’m just glad I was able to help you. Don’t worry about the elf thing, I’ve kind of gotten used to it. And, um… name? I… guess if you really want to, but…”
<ellie> “Um… I’m just glad you’re better, really.”
^ Sila whispers "The correct response is, “You are welcome”
<~rkcgm> Keziah looks at Sivroh. “Maybe our third, snuggletail. Not the first.”
<ellie> “Oh,” Ellie blushes at Sila’s whisper, “Yeah, that. You’re welcome.”
<ellie> “You’re all asking me to think when I’m still sleepy!” she mutters, still blushing.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Yes. So… about those villagers wanting to kill us for their missing sheep and goats.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I don’t have any particular attraction to this place, and I know Keziah thinks there’s bad hunting around here anyway. Perhaps we should find more… friendly environments?”
<havrasti> “That would be good, we’re ultimately headed to Alamanche, though stopped here to look for father and mother.”
<ellie> “It would help if we could go back and tell them you left. And… it might be safer for you guys, too.”
<ellie> “If you stayed, and whatever was getting their flocks continued, they might just go after soldiers again.”
<sila> “Yeah, a regiment of musketmen can ruin a sunny day, you know what I mean?”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “I’d prefer to go back to Alamanche, myself.”
<havrasti> “At leasts it’s just musketmen and not an high tech airforce.”
<havrasti> “…Which you two probably have no idea what that is.”
<sila> “It’s what /we/ would be dealing with if we panicked the neighbors.”
<sila> “…on the other hand, those pilots insist on trusting their instruments, and instruments talk to me, hehehehe.”
^ Sila gives a rather frightening laugh, imagining confused air force pilots trying to get close to the ranch
<havrasti> ((and now the three should be totally confused by that :P ;) ))
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “I don’t see what music has to do with anything.”
^ Ellie who has still been leaning against Sila, looks a little startled.
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Flying human battle-bards?”
<~rkcgm> Keziah: “…humans are really weird.”
<ellie> She mutters, “Sila, don’t /do/ that!”
<havrasti> “It’s a word for devices on some kinds of craft, usually to measure something, like how high they are, how fast they’re going, which direction they’re going in.”
<sila> (at Ellie) “What, laugh? Or make contingency plans for panicked air force pilots?”
<ellie> “Maniacal laughter. No maniacal laughter!”
<ellie> “Especially not when I’m leaning against you!”
<sila> “…if you say so.”
<havrasti> “Humans in that world have invented something called electronics, basically they’ve captured lightning to power machines, and Sila’s mother used some of that to quicken her.”
<sila> “It’s not quite as straight-up powerful as a true lightning quickening, but half the world’s infrastructure talks to me. It’s great!”
<sila> “Except here there isn’t anything to listen to except what we brought with us.”
<havrasti> “Anyway, it means that over there, if I’m stuck hiding in human form, I can still fly!”
<sila> “…”
<~rkcgm> Keziah and Sivroh regard you all with skepticism and suspicion. Come to think of it, Eudocia is pretty skeptical of this, too, since she still half-believes you came down from the Mountain of the Gods.
<sila> “Wow. I’m half recharged already.”
<sila> “Gotta say this for Esserea, what it lacks in electronics it makes up for in magic.”
<havrasti> “Hmmmm, still need to search for mom and dad, and now that I think about it, I recall the city guard who told us about his uncle who used to live in that abandoned village had the care of a visitor with ‘strange’ religious beliefs. Perhaps that was father, and he might know more about where to look.”
<sila> “Good point. We can go back tomorrow, after the drinking festival is over, and see what he has to say.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Well, after running into that mage in Tranovalto, I’ve had a lot of time to think.”
^ Havrasti listens
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Mom and Dad got this far south – but there’s no reason for them to come to Ros unless they were just passing through.”
<sila> “It’s rather inhospitable, yes.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Sure, they can disguise themselves like you – you wouldn’t believe how jealous I am of that ability – but as we’re discovering, it’s not the most welcoming.”
<havrasti> “Hmm, but why leave his writings in the village if he was just passing through?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “He might have had to leave quickly.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Perhaps planned to come back to it later, once memories had cooled, perhaps?”
<ellie> “Do you have any idea where they might have gone, then?”
<havrasti> “So where do you think they may have gone?”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “Think about it, Havra. Who’s the nation that has the biggest library in the world?”
<llewelyn> “My uncle in Iverindor?”
<havrasti> ((Havrasti may remember, but the player forgets :P ))
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “…Um, no. Well, maybe Iverindor has a big library. But Alamanche has the next nine largest.”
<havrasti> “So it would make sense for them to be going there, besides the better climate for us dragons in general.”
<~rkcgm> Sivroh: “I mean, if the Teseans worship fun times and lots of wine… and they kinda do… Alamanche worships reason and knowledge.”
<sila> “I’d love to have a look at a really big Esserean library.”
^ Ellie mutters, “Anna will have a blast.”
<llewelyn> “She will, at that.”
^ Llewelyn doesn’t say that he’ll be running through the aisles going “Weeee, boooooks!”
<~rkcgm> At least until the librarian comes over and says “SHH! You’re in a library!”
^ Llewelyn will then say “I know, it’s so awesome, WEeeee!”
<ellie> Past a certain point, Ellie’s enthusiasm over innumerable books is limited: after all, she can’t read them all at once…
<sila> (( Llewelyn won’t get down the first aisle before he gets distracted by some book in particular and ends up reading instead :P :D ))
<ellie> ((Yeah. Pretty much. ;-) ))
<llewelyn> ((“Oh look, it’s the first volume of the Endrial Treatises! I’ve been looking for this for fifty years!”))
<sila> ((hehe, exactly))
<ellie> ((For once, Ellie has been pretending she doesn’t know Llewelyn. She is inestimably relieved when he stops running around going, “Weeeeee!” :-p ))
<havrasti> “Ok, so I guess we’ll just continue on to Alamanche, after talking to that city guard’s uncle, and be sure to visit all of the libraries.”
<sila> (( The librarian will be saying “Sir, please, you’re blocking the aisle – take the book to a /table/ to read it! Sir? Sir!”))
^ Havrasti doubts, seriously, seriously doubts, that any of the others will object to “visit all of the libraries”
^ Llewelyn has used magic to cancel all obnoxious sounds from around him, and thus doesn’t hear. :P
<~rkcgm> ((Anyway, it sounds like we’re done for the night.))
<~rkcgm> == END LOG ==
^ Ellie taps Llewelyn’s shoulder, “You really should get out of the middle of the aisle, you know.”
<ellie> ;)
<ellie> ((Does /Ellie’s/ voice count as an obnoxious sound. ;-) ))
<llewelyn> “Huh? Oh… sorry.”
^ Llewelyn moves to a chair in the main section. He’s already on page thirty…
<ellie> Hehehehe
<ellie> :-D

Log 030

Red King's Command Wayfarer