Log 024

<~rkcgm> == START LOG ==
<~rkcgm> You start off on a late Friday afternoon, waiting at Havrasti’s ranch for Douglas to appear.
^ Ellie is sitting by giving Cinnamon Sugar ear-skritchies.
^ Havrasti is bbqing up a whole cow for the group
^ Llewelyn arrives with a tasty casserole.
^ Sila and Anna are going over results from the Worldwalking experiments
<sila> “No, no, you’re mixing up the data sheets – /this/ one was the instant-portal, that one was the mini-way.”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “But the power-levels for both of them… oh, I see, this one is upside down.”
^ SamLeto has been looking over their shoulders
^ SamLeto facepalms and goes to greet Llewelyn
<llewelyn> “Hey Sam.”
^ Havrasti has finally let Sila bring in a, gasp, couple of computer workstations to his place
<samleto> “Hello, welcome, please talk to me about something besides draw and energy types and…ugh. I’m up to here with magic stuff I only half understand anyway.”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “I need to finish transcribing these into my Excel workbooks rather than my napkin…”
<llewelyn> “Oh… um, food?”
^ SamLeto gestures about 6" over his own head
<llewelyn> “Also, I have your new official ID for DEAR.”
<sila> “Oh, I’ll help if you don’t mind me talking to your computer. Direct input is faster than typing.”
<samleto> “…MY new ID?”
<samleto> “Really?”
<llewelyn> “Yes siree.”
^ Llewelyn pulls it out of his bag. “Sam Leto, your card. Doesn’t have any official title on it yet, since you’re not going to be an active agent until you say ‘go’.”
^ Havrasti overhears them while he’s working the grill, and waits for a loudly shouted “GO!”
^ SamLeto looks
<samleto> “Ooh. Shiny.”
<samleto> “Anna look! I’m a DEAR!”
^ Sila blinks
<sila> "Somehow I was expecting the next word out of your mouth to be “go” myself…"
<~rkcgm> Anna: “Ooh! You are a dear.”
<~rkcgm> Anna hugs Sam.
<samleto> “Hehee!”
^ Ellie watches and smiles.
^ SamLeto hugs back, of course
<samleto> "But seriously, what form does “say go” need to take, really? I mean, Anna’s given me a reasonably good foundation on the enchanting stuff now, but is that sufficient training to get started and everything?"
^ Ellie smirks at the mention of “sufficient training,” but does not comment.
<ellie> Yes, there is a discernible level of irony in the smirk.
<llewelyn> “Well, Douglas understands that you have responsibilities here – with your mom and such. So he’s basically leaving it up to you to name a start date.”
<samleto> “Ah…yes. Those responsibilities have, ah, reduced dramatically.”
<havrasti> ((where is Maia, btw?))
<samleto> ^Maia Leto picks that moment to quietly walk up the driveway with a bowl of dip and two bags of chips and start setting them out on the table
<samleto> ^The walker appears to have been left in the attic
^ Ellie has not, incidentally, ceased sitting by and giving Cinnamon Sugar ear-skritchies.
^ Llewelyn nods greeting to Mrs. Leto.
<havrasti> “And it looks like Maia got here just in time. The cow is good and ready to be devoured!”
<samleto> “Mmmm, hot fire-roasted cow.”
<samleto> Maia: “It smells wonderful, Havrasti.”
<havrasti> “Thank you. For us dragons, there’s some shakers of Hiruvalye root.”
^ Llewelyn picks up his phone and speaks for a few moments. “Douglas is going to be here in five minutes or so. Just in case any of you need to shift forms.”
<havrasti> !1d3 : is Havrasti currently in dragon from? 3 = yes
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “is Havrasti currently in dragon from? 3 = yes”: (3) = 3.
<sila> “Nah, I’m good. There’s only /one/ cow tonight, I’m sticking to small form.”
^ Havrasti cuts up chunks of the cow with his nice and sharp claws
<llewelyn> “Okay. Douglas just has a human driver, so I wanted to give you the chance.”
<havrasti> “Only one cow that’s cooked.”
<sila> “…wait, I can’t eat Hiruvalye in human form… ah, well, this is what the pendant’s for.”
<ellie> Cinnamon Sugar finally gets restless with ear-skritchies (it happens eventually) and jumps down off Ellie’s lap. Ellie lightbends a close approximation to a laser-pointer light, and sets about playing with him.
<havrasti> “Well, does the driver know about things?”
<ellie> “One would hope, if he’s Douglas’ driver…”
<llewelyn> “He does, yes. But I doubt he’s seen dragons before.”
<havrasti> “That’s what I would expect.”
<sila> “Is Hickory coming too?”
<ellie> Cinnamon Sugar enthusiastically sets about trying to capture the little red light…
<llewelyn> “Yes. His in-laws live here in town.”
<sila> “Hmm…I think I’ll get something textured to tie on the Hiuvalye shakers so he doesn’t mix them up with the pepper.”
^ Sila joggs inside, and comes out with…bubble wrap and packing tape
<sila> “Not exactly what I had in mind at first, but it’s tactilely distinctive and won’t slip. Plus it was readily available.”
<havrasti> “Oh, didn’t you see them? They’re the big, fancy shakers in the form of dragon.”
<sila> “…right.”
^ Sila stashes her supplies under the table anyway
^ SamLeto starts preparing a plate of meat
<~rkcgm> A big SUV pulls up the driveway.
<~rkcgm> The driver gets out and opens the door for Douglas and Hickory to get out. Hickory is still wearing his all-white suit, while Douglas is wearing a red bandana and a happy-golden-retriever-grin.
^ Sila stashes her pendant so she can eat dragon-only spices
^ Ellie thinks for a moment, then grins mischievously. She gets up and walks over to the shaker, and touches it for a moment.
<sila> “Hi Douglas! Hi Hickory! Pull up a something and have some beef.”
<havrasti> “What are you doing, Ellie? That’s not for oyu.”
<ellie> The shaker suddenly… shakes itself. Then it turns on Ellie and growls, “Approach at your peril, non-dragon.”
<havrasti> “Oh.”
^ SamLeto starts, then laughs out loud
<ellie> Then, in a much more friendly voice, it adds, “But otherwise, have a nice day.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas barks: “Oh boy! Meat! Meat! It smells good!”
<samleto> “I love it!”
^ Ellie grins and giggles. Then she steps back.
^ Llewelyn laughs.
<ellie> “There. No confusion now.”
<havrasti> “Hah, amusing, Ellie.”
<sila> “One last column….done! All transcribed Anna, let’s eat!”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “Oui!”
^ Havrasti serves out the portions, even for the humanoids (or dragons still in human form) they’re rather big
^ SamLeto hands Anna the prepared plate
<samleto> “For you.”
^ SamLeto gets another and starts on his own.
<~rkcgm> Anna: “Ah, you’re so sweet.”
^ Sila picks up the animated shaker and uses it vigorously
<samleto> "I try :) "
^ Havrasti however, takes a very large portion, to suit his current form
<ellie> “Hey, there, gently! I’ll widen my holes for you a bit if you need, but not so rough!” The shaker complains.
<havrasti> “…how much have you animated that thing, Ellie?”
<sila> “Oh! You got more intelligence than I expected. Yes, please, a little more flow for me.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas greets everyone.
<samleto> “Hello, Mr. Douglas.”
<ellie> “…I didn’t think I’d animated it /that/ much. Don’t worry; I’ll have it go back to sleep when everything’s done.”
<ellie> “Hi, Mr. Douglas.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Mr. Leto. Mrs. Leto. Miss Leto. Miss Ross. Miss Vaillancourt… Mr. Parwell…”
<~rkcgm> Douglas pants.
<sila> “Care for a water bowl?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Do I ever. It’s way too hot this week for fur.”
<sila> “Heh, I’ll fetch one for you.”
^ Ellie giggles. “Lots of people to greet. Though I doubt we would’ve been offended by a ‘Hello, everyone.’”
<havrasti> “What is this ‘too hot’ of which you speak?”
^ Sila gets Douglas a bowl and plate
<sila> “You want actual water in this, or would you prefer soda? Soda isn’t bad for dogs, is it?”
^ Ellie gets food as she speaks, then drifts toward Llewelyn when she’s done. The light-point – and therefore Cinnamon Sugar – follows her. Or by now, maybe he’s following the food on her plate. He’s still got his eye on that insidious light-spot, though. “You’ve been talking since you got here, so I haven’t said hi. But hi.” She takes a seat and begins eating.
<llewelyn> “Hello, Ellie.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Just water, please.”
<samleto> “Settle for ‘no worse than it is for humans’ Sila. That stripper-grade stuff you drink when coding late at night is bad for everyone.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “I’m on a no-soda diet.”
<sila> “Humph.”
<ellie> Cinnamon Sugar begins rubbing up against Ellie’s legs and looking up with begging kitten eyes. Apparently he was following the food, after all.
^ Sila gives Douglas water with a few ice cubes
<~rkcgm> Cinnamon Sugar: “Mraow. Mraow. Mraow… Mraow… Mraow! Mraow…”
<sila> “I’ll have you know I’ve /tried/ using it as wire stripper, and it’s terrible for the job. You need Coke for that.”
<ellie> “Cinnamon Sugar! You’re not supposed to beg! …And I’m probably not enforcing that lesson…” she adds as she pulls off a very small piece of meat and gives it to him.
<samleto> “I wonder what Coka-cola is good for in alchemy? It seems like it should be at least as potent as beer.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas laps up his water and flops down. “Whew, what a trip.”
<ellie> “I really am… usually… a better disciplinarian,” she comments aside to Llewelyn. “I don’t have any other food for him right now, though…”
^ Havrasti serves Douglas some beef
<llewelyn> “I’m afraid I can’t help you. Last time I tried to summon food, it started purring.”
<havrasti> “I thought it was a giant fish.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Oh, you are my favorite dragon-person.”
<~rkcgm> Dogulas gnaws on the beef.
^ Ellie giggles. “Heh, wasn’t asking you to fix it. He’ll be perfectly satisfied with me sharing bits with him.”
<ellie> (To Llewelyn.)
<sila> “He’ll be perfectly spoiled. Are you sure it’s a normal cat, anyway?”
<ellie> “Oh, he’s a normal cat… but he’s pretty smart, and I’ve been talking to him with my telepathy a lot. I… kinda think he learns from that some.”
<ellie> “…Of course, now that you mention it, I probably wouldn’t know it if he /wasn’t/ normal. But I have no reason to believe he isn’t, I guess.”
<~rkcgm> Cinnamon Sugar: “Mrowmral.”
^ Ellie reaches down and skritches his ears. And gives him another little piece of meat to munch.
<sila> “It’s the part where you talk with him telepathically that makes me wonder.”
<~rkcgm> Cinnamon Sugar: “Nom nom nom nom…”
<ellie> “I talked with the raccoon telepathically, first. That’s actually what gave me the idea.”
<ellie> “I’ve tried with some other animals, too. It works on them. It seems my telepathy has some pretty good translative faculties.”
^ Llewelyn eats, expecting that Douglas will soon give the briefing for which he has come.
<havrasti> “Interesting.”
^ Sila eats too of course. Rapidly, when she’s not talking
^ Havrasti noms and noms
<havrasti> “I wonder what my cows think. Do they understand they’re here for food, not like I hide my being a dragon around them.”
<ellie> “I… think I’d rather not find out, really. Better for my own peace of mind, as well as for yours.”
^ Havrasti shrugs
<~rkcgm> Douglas finishes his meat. “So. Since your mouths are all full and mine isn’t I’ll talk to you all.”
^ Havrasti thinks he might ask Sam to find out, he’s curious now
<~rkcgm> Sam finds out the only coherent thoughts in a cow’s head are “Moo. Grass. Water. Mating. Milk. Sunlight. Fear. Calves. Grass. Grass. Moo.”
^ Ellie looks up at Douglas and obligingly continues eating so that her mouth remains full.
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “So the mission we’ve been busy planning – it is going to be something of a ‘diplomatic tour’.”
<sila> “On behalf of the US? or DEAR specifically?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “On behalf of the US, yes.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “It’s the sort of diplomacy you should be good at. We’ve got a professional diplomat working the circuit these days, but his problem is that he’s just a human without magic.”
<samleto> ^Maia murmurs to herself, trying out phrases: “Yes, my daugter is currently supporting a US diplomatic mission to a series of foreign nations…”
^ Ellie is pondering whether the phrase “sort of diplomacy you should be good at” is ominous or not…
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “If the US wants to be taken seriously, we need to have a bit of respect from these different powers, as well. And dragons, and daughters of Ilfirin, get Respect.”
<ellie> “How many of them would even know my mom?” Ellie can’t help but ask.
<ellie> Because it’s certainly not like she goes around wearing a t-shirt that says, “Hey, my mom is Ilfirin!”
<~rkcgm> Douglas brightens exciteably: “Right, that’s the best part!”
<sila> “The fact they don’t know is the best part?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Exactly! It’s the best way to make people interested – if they think you’ve got something to hide, then they get nosy and learn about it themselves.”
<ellie> “Ummm…” Ellie looks a little blank.
<ellie> “Not… sure I get it.”
<sila> “So…she’s supposed to conspicuously avoid talking about her mom?”
<havrasti> “So Ellie should be all mysterious and regal, and we should be all magnificent and regal?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “So, for instance, take Ellie. She doesn’t need to say her mom is Ilfirin. But we send her to Alamanche and the court people say ‘Okay, who’s she?’ And then the janitor at our embassy goes out drinking in the evenings and gets approached by disguised intelligence agents, and he gets a few drinks and shares a story or two…”
<ellie> “…You’ve talked to my mom about this, right?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Oh yes!”
<ellie> “Because… I’m not entirely sure what she’d think of it.”
<sila> “The janitors from Safeguard have probably already done that, anyhow.”
^ Ellie shrugs. “Okay, then. I suppose if it’s okay with Mom.”
<havrasti> “So besides being all politically attractive, what is the mission?”
<ellie> “Will we get any… materials to study up on local customs and politics and… such? Because I don’t know about anyone else, but I know little enough of that (well, the politics, at least) about my own country, let alone anywhere in Esserea.”
<sila> “True that – my most recent American History course was taught by an irishman.”
<ellie> “And mine was in high school. And wasn’t that interesting.”
<sila> “And /current/ politics I have nothing to go on but newpapers.”
<havrasti> “I can tell you some about Alamanche.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Well, the main objectives for this particular trip will be Alamanche and Elmercina. Elmercina’s having a little bit of a pirate problem; and Alamanche has exactly zero magicians. So if you happen to light a few pirates on fire, and give Alamanche a few bits of technology or magic, it might help our cause.”
<ellie> “I’ll leave the pirate-fire-lighting to the dragons… and request that it happen when I’m not around…”
<sila> “Maybe a few pirate /ships/ Ellie, rather than the pirates themselves.”
<havrasti> "I knew Alamanche didn’t have many magicians, I didn’t know they had none.
<sila> “…I suppose it’s too much to hope that Anna and/or Sam are coming along? Being enchanters, and all.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas glances at Anna and Sam. “Well, um…”
<sila> “I know Anna’s not technically American. Or at least, not Estadounidense.”
<sila> “…does French have a word like that?”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “You’re all just Américains to us.”
<sila> “Ah. Well anyway, I’m just saying that if we want to be able to leave some magic behind in Alamanche, having enchanters along could be helpful.”
<~rkcgm> Anna looks at Sam. “I’m not sure I can go. I’ve already wrangled my boss into four weeks ‘offsite training’…”
<samleto> “Yeah, it’s been great too, but you probably should go back.”
<samleto> “I, on the other hand, am newly free of commitments, since Mom can reliably take care of herself now.”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “Well, I still have two weeks to train with your mom.”
<havrasti> “Hmm, would you like to go visit Esserea again, Maia? Alamanche is an environment quite the opposite of the one you fled from long ago.”
^ SamLeto frowns
<samleto> “You’re going to spend those two weeks training with my Mom though. You need it.”
<samleto> Maia: “What – visit Esserea again? I…don’t know. When Leto died, I never though I’d have the chance again. I’ve just never…I mean, I’ve spent over a millenium assuming it was impossible.”
^ Havrasti waits for an answer to his question
<samleto> Maia: “… … maybe?”
<havrasti> “So you’ll think about it for awhile.”
<sila> “You know, now that I’m getting a handle on these world-walker abilities, we could visit for ourselves easily enough.”
<samleto> Maia: “It…would be easier to teach some things in a higher-magic environment…”
<llewelyn> “One thing we also need to keep in mind is that we discussed searching for Havrasti’s parents during the down-time between our diplomatic appointments.”
<havrasti> “Oh, very much yes.”
<ellie> “Actually… when is all this planned for? Because I know Mom was also going to go with Dad to visit Aunt Sarelle, and I was… kinda hoping to go along for that.”
<havrasti> (Also, has Ellie been reading the books of those professors we met? :P :) )
<ellie> (She has, but she’s no longer figuring that necessarily has to be connected with any of this.)
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “I’d intended to have you ready to go sometime next week. I’ve arranged for a ship to travel between the main cities of Alamanche and Elmercina, with our chief diplomat aboard. He’ll be in place sometime in the next two weeks.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Whenever you feel you’re ready, really.”
<sila> “Well, I’m basically ready anytime I guess.”
<ellie> “I don’t have anything keeping me other than wanting to go on that visit with Mom and Dad.”
<ellie> “I… suppose I could skip that if I needed, but… I’d really hoped to be there.”
<havrasti> “They could probably pick you up at some point. You mother has that useful ability to travel anywhere.”
<havrasti> “It’d add to all the mystic.”
<ellie> “She has the ability to travel anywhere, but I’m not sure how to let her know where I am.”
<llewelyn> “We’d have a schedule.”
^ Ellie shrugs. “Okay, then. As long as I can give that to my mom, I’m okay whenever.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Excellent, then.”
<ellie> "I… still don’t really know what a diplomatic mission involves. Is there anything… I dunno, particular we’ll need to have on hand? Anything we need to know to be prepared for?
<ellie> "
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Nice clothes, a big smile – particularly on the dragons – and a polite demeanor.”
<sila> “Do we need local manners training? I sort of have the idea that diplomacy involves lots of fancy parties…”
<sila> “Never really been my thing.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Sure, I’ll send you an official briefing.”
<havrasti> “Oh! OH! There are some tradition dragon dances we might take part in.”
<sila> “Now that sounds like it would be /fun/ to learn.”
<llewelyn> “Put your right wing in. Take your right wing out! Put your right wing in and shake it all about…”
<sila> ^snerk
^ Ellie raises an eyebrow at Llewelyn, then just shakes her head.
<samleto> Maia: “Now really, young man. The hokey-pokey does not count as /traditional/ dance anywhere.”
^ Llewelyn laughs.
<samleto> “It’s fun to /do/ with extra limbs though!”
<ellie> “I suppose the briefing will include a definition of ‘nice clothes.’ Because the question of whether or not I own any based on /our/ world’s standards depends on what circles you’re referring to, let alone a whole different culture’s standards of fashion.”
<havrasti> “Particularly among dragons. <mutters>such a stupid song.”
<ellie> “And in all seriousness, I /hope/ there’s no dancing. Because I don’t know how.”
<samleto> “Aw, don’t be a wet blanket, Havrasti – I loved the hokey pokey when I was little!”
<llewelyn> “Don’t worry, I can teach you. It’s easy.”
<sila> “You /loved/ trying to blow the music off the piano when you were shaking your wing all about.”
<ellie> “…Um. Does that mean there /is/ going to be dancing, then…?” Ellie looks intimidated.
^ SamLeto grins, “That too!”
<llewelyn> “Probably. But you can probably get out of it if you’re really afraid of it.”
^ Sila grins even wider
<sila> “But /clearly/ Llewelyn should teach you the local dances so you don’t have to, Ellie.”
<ellie> “… You say ‘have to’ like it would be a bad thing…”
^ Ellie sighs. “Ahh, well, at least I always liked playing dress-up. Maybe Mom would make me a dress I could wear, if I knew what style to have her make. That would be some consolation, at least…”
<sila> “It would be embarassing, which is the opposite of diplomatic.”
<sila> “…wait…”
<sila> “I’m not going to have to play dress up, am I?”
<sila> (in tones of only somewhat-exaggerated horror)
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Yes.”
^ Ellie laughs. “Well, if you go in human form, you’ll probably need to dress in the local fashion.”
<sila> “Oh dear.”
^ Ellie giggles.
<ellie> “I guess we both have to go outside our comfort zones.”
<ellie> “I’ve got to admit, my ideal scenario for going to a dance always rather included finding a nice corner from which to watch the pretty dresses…”
<havrasti> “Or just go around in dragon form everywhere, and then you’ll only have to wear jewelry.”
<sila> “…because I’m so totally used to wearing jewelry, too.”
<sila> “Ah, well, I guess Ellie can’t be the /only/ one getting stretched by it all.”
<sila> “Can I get a bulletproof vest to go under whatever formalwear I’m having inflicted upon me?”
<havrasti> “Gold and silver chains, embedded with gemstones, will look nice on you, Sila.”
<sila> “I guess you’ll just have to enjoy it for me.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Well, I suppose you could. But if you actually need a bulletproof vest, then…”
<ellie> “Then we’re not being diplomatic enough?”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “…yes.”
<sila> “Something has already gone wrong, yes, I follow – but if something has gone that wrong without my knowing it, I want to survive finding out, you see.”
<ellie> “Maybe rather than actual vests, we could ask Anna and my mom about whether they could provide any protective enchantments for our regular clothing.”
<ellie> “I would /imagine/ that kind of thing wouldn’t be entirely unusual…”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “Ooh! I bet I can do that.”
<ellie> “As a precaution, of course. Because I of all people support the scenario of things remaining diplomatic enough for that not to be needed.”
<sila> “Hm. Come to think of it, it seems like that would be a pretty obvious use of magic for Dear and Mountie purposes too.”
<~rkcgm> Anna: “I tried it once… my first experiment failed and I never picked it up again. Really should’ve…”
<samleto> “Do you know how technological bulletproof vests work?”
<ellie> “Maybe talk to my mom. She might be able to help you. She told me she used to do that kind of thing all the time when she was a lady in waiting.”
<samleto> “I learned about them – maybe I can help.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Excellent, then.”
<sila> “Ok, so we need to read a half-dozen briefing papers, and get some fancy clothes made, and /then/ we’ll be ready.”
^ Ellie looks at Douglas. “Yeah, I’m going to amend my statement about being ready. Now that I know more about what we’re doing – and especially once we get the cultural information you were talking about – I’d like to spend some time with my mom getting a ‘diplomatic wardrobe’ together. /Then/ I’ll be ready.”
<havrasti> “Well, I don’t have any fancy human clothing, some nice business suits, sure, but nothing really fancy. And even less for my true form, as in none. Never really was involved with high dragon culture. Where my family lived was rather like out in the middle of nowhere, as far as dragons were concerned.”
<samleto> Maia: “I may have something for Sila. Not especially fancy, but tasteful and by this time certainly antique.”
^ Sila raises an eyebrow at her mother
^ Llewelyn is amused.
<ellie> “So, we need to get properly outfitted. And we’ll get information on proper etiquette. And… we’ll hope that no one can tell we’re all newbies when it comes to abassadorship.”
<sila> “Presumably the real ambassador will tell us what to do.”
<ellie> “Aah, yeah. That’ll help.”
<ellie> “So… no other details we need to know?” Ellie looks at Douglas.
<havrasti> “Mmhmm, I expect he’ll do most of the talking.”
^ Ellie then suddenly gets a horrified look on her face. “Cinnamon, no!” She is, however, too late. Cinnamon Sugar, who had quite skillfully been sneaking up behind Douglas, suddenly pounces on his tail.
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Just don’t start an ARF!”
<~rkcgm> Douglas barks in surprise.
<ellie> “Cinnamon! Get over here NOW!” Ellie’s voice is terribly stern. Cinnamon Sugar looks up, startled, then bounces away from the tail, looking with sad, sad kitten eyes at Ellie.
<ellie> “I’m so, so sorry, Mr. Douglas! I didn’t see him until just then!”
<ellie> Cinnamon Sugar reaches Ellie, and she picks him up, looking him in the eye and saying, “That was very, very, very naughty! Now sit under my chair, and don’t get up until I tell you. Understand?”
<ellie> Cinnamon Sugar gives a very pathetic “Mew,” and Ellie puts him down.
<ellie> “I really am very sorry!” Ellie says to Douglas again, thoroughly embarrassed.
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Oh, it’s fine. Summer’s cat does that more often, and uses claws…”
<ellie> “He said he was curious about the ‘fluffy, moving thing,’ and that he didn’t realize it was your tail. Silly cat.”
<ellie> Ellie shakes her head.
<ellie> “He also says he’s sorry.”
<ellie> Cinnamon does indeed look very sorry, where he’s curled up under her chair with his head on his paws and downward.
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Tell him I accept his apology and he can pounce my tail whenever he likes, so long as he tells me beforehand.”
^ Ellie doesn’t say anything aloud, but Cinnamon suddenly perks up… and then droops a little bit again, though not as much as before.
<ellie> “I told him, but I also told him not right now, since he’s still in time-out.” Ellie explains.
<ellie> “Anyway, um…. you were about to say?”
<sila> “We are commanded not to start an arf. I think I can oblige by that one.”
<ellie> “I assume it was going to be something along the lines of ‘international’ or ‘inter-world’ incident.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Correct.”
<havrasti> “We shall strive to avoid that.”
<ellie> “Which really out to go without saying, but…”
<samleto> "And here I thought you were going to set the bar /really/ low and say “war” there."
<ellie> “He said ‘an,’ not ‘a,’ so the next word had to start with a vowel.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Well, I don’t mind if you start a war, so long as you also finish it and clean up after yourselves.”
<ellie> “I officially forbid starting any wars.”
<ellie> “I /do not/ want to be involved!”
^ Sila lols
^ Havrasti laughs loudly
<havrasti> " ’We’re back, Douglas, you may wish to inform the president that America has some new territory.’ "
<ellie> “….No wars.”
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “Yeah. The Big O will have my head and tail for that.”
<havrasti> “Maybe if we find a suitable changling.” >.>
<ellie> “…NO WARS.”
<~rkcgm> Hickory: “Actually he’ll have MY head and tail for that, since he just thinks you’re my seeing eye dog.”
<sila> “Hehehe….hahaha…”
^ Ellie mutters, “You people want to see me ‘scary?’ Just go trying to start a war; I’ll get scary toward /you/…”
<ellie> “…That, or I’ll just leave you and go home.”
<sila> “HEHEEEEEHAHAHA
^ Llewelyn snorts.
<havrasti> “Anyway, who wants seconds?” * has a cow in claw, it moos lazily * ((ready to scene skip now?))
<sila> “Oh man…I want to see it – Ellie vs. the Warmongers! hehehehe”
<ellie> “…The ‘going home’ option sounds better. Less temptation for you guys.”
^ Ellie looks down to Cinnamon, who walks contritely over to Douglas and looks up at him with big “I’m sorry” eyes, occasionally rubbing his head against Douglas’ fore-paws.
<~rkcgm> Douglas head-rubs Cinnamon Sugar. His head is as big as the kitten. “Apology accepted, little kitten!”
^ Cinnamon looks more cheerful, and looks back at Ellie, who nods at him. He gives Douglas another head-rub, then curls up at his feet.
<ellie> “Well, you’ve made a friend now.” Ellie comments, grinning.
<~rkcgm> Douglas: “So, whenever you are ready to go, you’ll need to meet up with your transportation in Norfolk.”
<~rkcgm> == END LOG ==

Log 024

Red King's Command Wayfarer