Log 013

<~rkcgm> == START LOG ==
<~rkcgm> Last time on Red King’s Command, our group of four successfully snatched Seth Davies, one of the prime suspects in the kidnapping of Ellie’s mom, off the sidewalk in front of his Vegas hotel.
<~rkcgm> Unfortunately, we’ve been followed by a group of unknown assailants in dark sedans. While one of their number rammed our rental van, the other two have stopped to unload armed gunmen.
<~rkcgm> All of our group appear to be fine for the moment, although Sila faceplanted in Davies’ lap, and Seth himself is looking a bit stunned.
<~rkcgm> Two gunmen have gotten out of each undamaged sedan, pistols in hand; but the drivers have stayed in their car. No one has yet gotten out of the car which rammed us, and both the driver and passenger are invisible behind their slowly-deflating airbags.
<~rkcgm> ((Um, and I need to hunt down our order from last week…))
<~rkcgm> Order is Llewelyn, Havrasti, Others, Ellie, Sila.
<havrasti> “So, no shifting into dragon form, Llewelyn?”
<~rkcgm> Llewelyn: “I’d prefer not to have to explain that, even in Vegas…”
<~rkcgm> Llewelyn raises his free hand towards the car that rammed us. “Lord, keep us in your eyes and blind those of our enemies.”
<~rkcgm> !7d6: Llewelyn performs magic versus INT intermediate
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “Llewelyn performs magic versus INT intermediate”: (3+1+4+1+5+1+6) = 21.
<~rkcgm> !4d6: Intermediate opposed check
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “Intermediate opposed check”: (2+4+1+4) = 11.
<~rkcgm> ((Victory is mine, so is magic!))
<~rkcgm> Smoke suddenly pours out of the engine compartment of the black sedan, spreading around the gunmen, causing them to disappear. Although you can no longer see them, you can hear several of them coughing heavily. Fortunately, no smoke in your car yet…
<~rkcgm> ((Havrasti now.))
<havrasti> ((still inside the car with doors closed and such right? and Seth fairly well secured in his cuffs? hmm, what can I do then…))
^ Havrasti rolls down the window while saying, "I don’t think anyone will think overly much of what I’m about to do with all this smoke around, then breaths fire at the group of gunmen on his side of the van
<havrasti> ((what needs rolling?))
<~rkcgm> ((I’m going to say luck versus difficult. The smoke means you can’t see them, so… if you beat the luck, then you’ll hit one. If you crit, you hit two.))
<havrasti> ((can I add one for the skill “Being a dragon”?))
<~rkcgm> ((Mmm…. sure.))
<havrasti> !4d6; 1d6 : Luck
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Luck”: (3+6+5+1);(1) = 15.
<~rkcgm> !5d6: difficult luck roll for Havrasti
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “difficult luck roll for Havrasti”: (3+3+2+2+6) = 16.
<havrasti> ((success!))
<~rkcgm> There’s a sharp shriek from within the cloud of smoke, followed by the smell of burned flesh. (Sila and Havrasti may roll perception, including any smell-based things.)
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (4+3+4+5+2) = 18.
<sila> !5d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 5d6: (1+3+5+1+1) = 11.
<~rkcgm> !4d6: Intermediate perception for the dragons
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “Intermediate perception for the dragons”: (4+6+2+2) = 14.
<~rkcgm> The dragons smell not-so-tasty burned stuff.
^ Sila sniffs and promptly sneezes on the acrid smoke
<~rkcgm> !4d6: Baddie has to beat a standard stamina roll to avoid taking damage
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “Baddie has to beat a standard stamina roll to avoid taking damage”: (5+4+4+6) = 19.
<sila> ack – cough – sniff
<~rkcgm> !3d6: versus roll
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus roll”: (5+3+1) = 9.
<~rkcgm> ((Baddie takes only one health die of damage.))
<havrasti> ((tough baddies))
<~rkcgm> The attackers are blinded and can’t see the car, but they can still act.
<~rkcgm> One of the two enemies on the left, burned by Havrasti, adopts the tactic of Stop, Drop, and Roll.
<~rkcgm> The other one aids his friend.
<~rkcgm> On the right hand side of the van, the two gunmen move forward in the smoke.
<~rkcgm> ((They must beat intermediate perception to find the van in time to take action.))
<rkcgm_> !4d6,2: the baddies perception
<karmabot> [RKCGM_] rolled “the baddies perception”: (3+3+1+5) (6+4+5+6). Partial totals: 12 21. Total: 33.
<brock> !4d6: versus roll
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus roll”: (6+5+2+2) = 15.
<~brock> One of the gunmen is so blinded by the smoke that he runs into the back of the van with a noisy thump. But the other one comes up to the right hand side of the van and shoots at the tires.
<~brock> ((His dex versus standard… if he fails, he misses the tires.))
<~brock> !4d6: enemy gunman’s dex for shooting
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “enemy gunman’s dex for shooting”: (2+4+1+1) = 8.
<~brock> !3d6: standard versus roll
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “standard versus roll”: (4+6+6) = 16.
<havrasti> ((yay!))
<~brock> ((Okay…))
<havrasti> (“I love these guys, they’re so incompetant!”)
<sila> ((God keeping his eyes on us, and blinding the enemy…think Llewelyn’s prayer is being answered))
<~brock> !4d6: Enemy’s luck roll versus standard to avoid something
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Enemy’s luck roll versus standard to avoid something”: (3+2+3+4) = 12.
<~brock> !3d6: versus standard
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus standard”: (5+6+6) = 17.
<~brock> The gunman accidentally shoots his compatriot in the leg.
<~brock> It is now Ellie’s turn.
<sila> ((Floor it!))
^ Ellie might even already feel sorry for the baddies… if she weren’t desperately ready to apply copious amounts of pressure to the gas pedal about now….
<~brock> ((Roll luck versus standard.))
<~brock> !3d6: versus standard
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus standard”: (2+1+4) = 7.
<ellie> !5d6: luck
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “luck”: (5+2+6+5+4) = 22.
<~brock> The van jerks forward, albeit with a roar like the liftoff of the space shuttle – since the muffler’s gone. That dragging sound on the road might actually be it, in fact.
<~brock> The van accelerates up to about twenty-five miles an hour before it tops out.
<~brock> ((The van will not shift out of first gear.))
<ellie> “It won’t go any faster! What do I do, what do I do?!” Ellie cries to anyone and everyone in general.
<~brock> Incidentally, you now have left the smoke-screen behind.
^ Sila listens to the engine electronics – any chance they ‘ll tell her what’s wrong?
<~rkcgm> ((I’ll answer that on your turn, one more moment.))
<ellie> Despite her panicy tone, however, she does have presence-of-mind enough to try /something/ magicy… if she can manage…
<ellie> !6d6: intelligence for magic
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “intelligence for magic”: (1+5+3+4+2+4) = 19.
<~rkcgm> !6d6: very difficult versus roll
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “very difficult versus roll”: (4+3+5+2+2+4) = 20.
<~rkcgm> The van turns invisible except for the muffler which is dragging behind the car.
<~rkcgm> It is now Sila’s turn.
<ellie> “I… dunno if I managed it, but I tried to make us invisible…”
<sila> !7d6: int with Knows Her Electronics (engine, what’s wrong with you? Why won’t you shift?)
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “int with Knows Her Electronics (engine, what’s wrong with you? Why won’t you shift?)”: (5+5+5+4+2+3+5) = 29.
<ellie> “Only a moderate help even if I did, since they’d be able to hear us, like, 20 blocks away…”
<~rkcgm> !3d6: versus standard for Sila
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “versus standard for Sila”: (4+4+5) = 13.
<sila> “The automatic shift is stuck – something mechanically damaged in it. If we don’t get off this main road, we’ll be rear-ended again!”
^ Sila attempts magic to make the road behind them very cold…freezing cold in fact…specifically, icy.
<sila> !6d6: int for dragon magic – glaze ice in las vegas
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “int for dragon magic – glaze ice in las vegas”: (4+3+2+5+6+6) = 26.
<rkcgm_> ((Going to call that… difficult.))
<rkcgm_> !5d6: difficult versus
<karmabot> [RKCGM_] rolled “difficult versus”: (4+3+4+6+1) = 18.
<rkcgm_> ((You got a crit. Roll))
<sila> !2d6: crit coin
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “crit coin”: (1+5) = 6.
<rkcgm_> ((Red.))
<rkcgm> The road is now iced over. Roll luck versus standard.
<rkcgm> !3d6: standard versus luck
<karmabot> [RKCGM] rolled “standard versus luck”: (4+6+2) = 12.
<sila> !3d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 3d6: (5+1+3) = 9.
<sila> ((using that temp red))
<ellie> hold
<ellie> Will donate mine
<sila> ((OK))
<sila> !3d6: luck with Ellie behind the wheel ;)
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “luck with Ellie behind the wheel ;)”: (5+5+3) = 13.
<sila> ((sigh, still not good enough))
<ellie> Um… I’ll donate another.
<sila> ((red again?))
<ellie> ((Sure, unless there’s a blue out there someone wants to donate. Would guarantee a success so long as you got one six.))
<sila> ((I have a green I could use))
<havrasti> ((I can donate a blue))
<ellie> (Better to use blue now when there are no ones handicapping it))
<havrasti> ((yeah))
<sila> !2d6: and a (5) – luck with Ellie behind the wheel and Havrasti waving at the inncent bystanders
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “and a (5) – luck with Ellie behind the wheel and Havrasti waving at the inncent bystanders”: (3+5) = 8.
<sila> ((::headdexk:: exactly the same))
<rkcgm> A nice BMW in a hurry to the airport attempts to whip around the scene of the accident, not realizing what’s occurring; they hit the patch of ice and fishtail out into the other lane, taking out a street sign.
<sila> “ooh…I could’ve thought that one through better…”
<brock> In fairness, it was actually a mobster on his way to commit heinous misdeeds, and he deserved it.
<sila> (( hehe :P ))
<havrasti> ((heh))
<~brock> Top of the next round: Llewelyn, Havrasti, Others, Ellie, Sila.
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Sila, get the electronics of their cars – flag all the errors in their engine computers so they won’t start!”
<sila> “Ooh, good idea!”
<~brock> Llewelyn then concentrates on magically kicking the van into second or third gear.
<~brock> !7d6: Llewelyn does magic versus… difficult.
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Llewelyn does magic versus… difficult.”: (6+2+2+5+4+3+4) = 26.
<~brock> !5d6: versus difficult
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus difficult”: (3+2+3+1+5) = 14.
<~brock> The van kicks into third gear, and accelerates up towards 45-50 mph.
<~brock> ((Havrasti now.))
^ Havrasti closes the window, and returns his attention to the prisoner, and says in a scary voice “How many more are there of those guys?”
<~brock> ((Hm, Charisma plus intimidation?))
<havrasti> ((aww, Cha?))
<havrasti> !2d6; 1d6
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled 2d6; 1d6: (6+4);(1) = 10.
<~brock> !4d6: Seth doesn’t wish to talk unless sufficiently intimidated
<~brock> Hello Karmabot
<~brock> !4d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 4d6: (1+1+6+4) = 12.
<havrasti> ((oh well)
<~brock> Seth opens his mouth as if to respond, then shrugs. “Dunno.”
<~brock> One of the black sedans roars out of the smokescreen in pursuit.
<sila> ((straight onto the patch of ice, I presume :P ))
<~brock> ((They roll luck versus intermediate to avoid the ice. Failure puts them in the ditch with the mobster.))
<~brock> !4d6: Others luck versus intermediate
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Others luck versus intermediate”: (2+2+4+2) = 10.
<~brock> !4d6: intermediate versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “intermediate versus”: (4+3+3+5) = 15.
<havrasti> ((woohoo!))
<sila> ((and hey, the mobster CAN see the people who put the extra dent in his passenger-side door >: ) ))
<~brock> The black sedan spins out and smashes into the mobster’s BMW.
<~brock> The BMW’s trunk pops open in the smash-up and the poor innocent guy who was trapped inside jumps out and runs away while the mobster is stunned.
<sila> “Yeah! Learn to…what was THAT?”
<sila> “Did you see a guy get out of the trunk of that – ?”
<havrasti> “Uh, what?”
<~brock> Seth is twisting at his wrists to see if he can work the zip-ties clear.
<sila> “That other car that hit the ice, there was a guy in the trunk!”
<~brock> Dex versus very difficult.
<~brock> !!4d6: Seth’s Dex versus Very Difficult
<~brock> !4d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 4d6: (5+6+1+1) = 13.
<~brock> !6d6: versus roll
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus roll”: (2+6+4+3+1+1) = 17.
<sila> “…but concentrating now, thinking about non-survival things later…”
<~brock> Havrasti, Sila and Llewelyn, roll perception versus intermediate to see what Seth is doing.
<~brock> !4d6: intermediate perception versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “intermediate perception versus”: (6+6+5+4) = 21.
<sila> !6d6: perception with situational awareness
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “perception with situational awareness”: (6+6+2+3+2+1) = 20.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (3+6+1+1+6) = 17.
<~brock> !4d6: Llewelyn’s perception
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Llewelyn’s perception”: (3+3+1+2) = 9.
<havrasti> ((now’s the time for blues on Sila))
<~brock> ((I’ll donate Llewelyn’s temp-red to help force a GM re-roll.))
<sila> ((I’ll donate my temp red to the same))
<~brock> ((Okay.))
<~brock> !4d6: GM reroll
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “GM reroll”: (4+6+6+3) = 19.
<sila> !6d6: perception with situational awareness and green coing
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “perception with situational awareness and green coing”: (4+5+1+6+4+5) = 25.
<sila> ((er…was only supposed to roll 4 of those >.< ))
<sila> ((shall I try again, or shall we just drop the two highest and call it good?))
<havrasti> ((or the last two))
<~brock> ((Going to rule that we drop the highest and the lowest, making Sila’s aggregate roll 665544. Roll for crit success.
<sila> !2d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 2d6: (5+3) = 8.
<sila> ((red replaces red))
<sila> ((or no… I used the green, so I have room for a new coin))
<~brock> Sila sees that Seth is about to slip his hands out of the slightly-too-loose zip-ties.
<sila> “AH! Hold him down, he’s getting out of the hand ties!”
<sila> ((still not my turn :P ))
<~brock> Ellie’s turn.
^ Ellie looks behind us for any continued pursuit.
<~brock> Roll luck versus easy.
<~brock> !2d6
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 2d6: (1+4) = 5.
<ellie> !5d6: are they still following?
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “are they still following?”: (2+6+2+6+2) = 18.
<~brock> ((Roll.))
<ellie> !2d6: icanhazcritcoin?
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “icanhazcritcoin?”: (2+5) = 7.
<~brock> Red
<~brock> The third remaining black sedan seems to be attempting to pick up the dazed survivors of the two damaged cars.
^ Ellie drops the invisibility so as not to be a road hazard, and yammers at Colin for the fastest route to the airport, or alternate instructions.
<~brock> Colin: “Keep going straight for three more intersections, then take a right turn.”
<~brock> Colin: “Police have been notified of the accident, but have not yet responded.”
<ellie> “Okay, then. Straight ahead it is.”
<~brock> Sila’s turn.
<~brock> ((Sila?))
<sila> !7d6: electronics – your engine is wrong, WRONG. You cannot start your engine, and everything else refuses to turn off!
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “electronics – your engine is wrong, WRONG. You cannot start your engine, and everything else refuses to turn off!”: (6+2+5+2+2+2+3) = 22.
<~brock> ((Due to increasing range, I shall dub this Very Difficult.))
<~brock> !6d6: opposed
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “opposed”: (5+5+1+6+6+3) = 26.
<~brock> The black sedan keeps running, but the windows start rolling up and down incessantly and the car alarm Won’t. Stop. Beeping.
^ Sila attempts to prevent the final car from pursuing, then yanks at end of the zip-tie, trying to tighten it one more notch before Seth escapes
<~brock> ((Opposed Dex, Sila versus Seth.))
<sila> !4d6
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled 4d6: (2+2+5+3) = 12.
<~brock> !4d6: Seth’s dex
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Seth’s dex”: (1+2+4+3) = 10.
<havrasti> ((Ha HAH!))
<~brock> Seth momentarily resists, then gives it up with a sigh.
<sila> “That’s better – now /behave/ and we’ll keep the rest of the shooting and fire breathing and so on to a minimum, eh?”
<~brock> Seth: “Whatever you say, mum.”
<~brock> Seth is now talking in a vaguely British accent.
<~brock> ((We are no longer in initiative order for the moment.))
<havrasti> “I note you didn’t say anything about eating.”
^ Havrasti winks at Sila
<~brock> Colin: “Ellie, turn right at the next junction. Your hanger’s at the end of this road.”
^ Ellie takes the right turn. She’s still going at top safety speed.
<sila> “Well, can’t question the guy /after/ we eat him, can we? Stands to reason.”
<~brock> Seth: “I’d give you serious indigestion.”
<sila> “Probably. Although /my/ mum claims dragonslayers become wonderfully talkative after eating the first leg. Do you suppose it goes for kidnappers too?”
^ Ellie is holding back from chiding those who are talking about eating people. Also, her hands are probably shaking on the steering wheel, though she’s keeping the driving straight on target.
<~brock> Seth: “Probably delirium brought on by shock and blood loss. You’d be advised not to believe anything said in such a state.”
<ellie> “Oh, so help me, can everyone SH
<ellie> SHUT UP until we get to the plane?!”
<~brock> Seth does, however, eye Sila with some unease.
<ellie> Ellie is beginning to be a stressed Ellie.
<havrasti> “Yes’m.”
<ellie> Well… beginning? No, this is adrenaline wearing off, and shock setting in.
^ Sila grins toothily at him. You can almost see the fanged predator peeking out from behind the disguise…
^ Sila does, however, shut up before she freaks Ellie out worse than the prisoner
<~brock> You arrive at the hanger. Roll perception versus standard.
<~brock> !3d6: standard versus perception plus alertness or whatever
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “standard versus perception plus alertness or whatever”: (3+1+5) = 9.
<ellie> !7d6: perception plus alertness
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “perception plus alertness”: (5+5+4+4+2+3+3) = 26.
<~brock> !4d6: Llewelyn’s notice
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Llewelyn’s notice”: (1+5+2+1) = 9.
<sila> !6d6: perception with situational awareness
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “perception with situational awareness”: (3+2+5+1+2+6) = 19.
<havrasti> !5d6 : Perception
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Perception”: (1+1+3+4+3) = 12.
<~brock> Sila and Ellie hear thunder and see a flash or two of lightning.
<sila> “NOW what?!?”
<~brock> You see a bolt of lightning suddenly erupt from a taller building downtown; and then two bolts of green ball lightning flash between that building and the road just behind you.
<ellie> Ellie ignores storms and pulls up to the hangar – into it, if it’s open.
<~brock> The lightning strikes with the snap of thunder, and acrid smoke and sparks erupts into the air. From the smoke, two tall young women step out, walking quickly after the damaged van.
<~brock> Both women stand over seven feet tall, and share similar features – they may be sisters.
<~brock> The one on the left wears black motorcycle leathers, complete with spiky metal bits and fingerless gloves. She has a lock of hair dyed purple.
<~brock> The woman on the right wears a sharp black business suit, with minimal jewelry and well-coifed hair.
<sila> “…we have lightning ladies…”
<~brock> Roll speed, all.
<~brock> !4d6: Llewelyn’s speed
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Llewelyn’s speed”: (4+2+1+3) = 10.
<sila> !5d6: speed
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “speed”: (4+3+1+2+2) = 12.
<ellie> !3d6: speed
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “speed”: (6+2+4) = 12.
<havrasti> !4d6 : Speed
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Speed”: (4+1+5+2) = 12.
<~brock> !4d6,2: the new arrivals have some speed too
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “the new arrivals have some speed too”: (3+1+3+3) (3+1+1+1). Partial totals: 10 6. Total: 16.
<sila> ((looks human? elven? something else?))
<~brock> ((Okay, let’s see…))
<~brock> Order: Ellie, Havrasti, Sila, Llewelyn, the ladies.
<~brock> Seth is bound enough that he cannot act.
<~brock> ELLIE.
<havrasti> “So, uh, dragon form now?”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “…They’re Noroth. Might be appropriate now…”
<sila> “Do you think they’re immune to electricity, or was the lightning just a side effect of their mode of transportation?”
<ellie> Ellie’s been keeping a handle on her composure up until now… barely. But to be within sight of escape, and now this? “Oh, for goodness’ sake, just LEAVE US BE, ALREADY!!!!” she bawls with very little real sensibility. Her fit of lightbending temper, however, might possibly be more sensible…
<ellie> Ellie’s been keeping a handle on her composure up until now… barely. But to be within sight of escape, and now this? “Oh, for goodness’ sake, just LEAVE US BE, ALREADY!!!!” she bawls with very little real sensibility. Her fit of lightbending temper, however, might possibly be more sensible…
<ellie> !6d6: tries to hit /either/ of them with as bright and hot a lightburst as she can possibly muster
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “tries to hit /either/ of them with as bright and hot a lightburst as she can possibly muster”: (5+6+6+3+5+2) = 27.
<havrasti> “I would hope it’s appropriate, I don’t think a dragon will be much more conspicious than two ladies travelling by lightning.”
<ellie> !2d6: icanhascritcoin?
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “icanhascritcoin?”: (1+4) = 5.
<~brock> Blue
^ Havrasti reacts to Ellie’s lightburst “Yi!!!”
<sila> “What are giants doing here anyway?”
<~brock> !1d2, one is Tessa, 2 is Rosanne
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 1d2, one is Tessa, 2 is Rosanne: (1) = 1.
<~brock> Tessa defends herself with Willpower.
<~brock> !5d6: Willpower plus skill Strongwilled
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Willpower plus skill Strongwilled”: (3+3+5+2+6) = 19.
<~brock> Tessa: “Arrgh!”
<~brock> Tessa is temporarily blinded for 1d4 rounds.
<~brock> !1d4
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled 1d4: (1) = 1.
<~brock> HAVRASTI
^ Havrasti gets out of the car, hopes there’s not too many witnesses, and shifts
<havrasti> “RAWRRR!”
<havrasti> ((is shifting a whole action?))
<sila> “Aaand there goes the wardrobe. I definitely have to make him pack extra clothes next time.”
<havrasti> “…I’m really going to need to invest in proper shifting clothing.”
<~brock> ((Going to say that shifting is a whole action unless you beat a difficult speed roll.))
<havrasti> ((ok))
<havrasti> !4d6 : Speed shift
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Speed shift”: (4+6+6+6) = 22.
^ Havrasti was eager
<~brock> !5d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (4+5+2+2+6) = 19.
<havrasti> !2d6 : crit
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “crit”: (1+4) = 5.
<sila> “Maybe some of those runner’s pants with the snapped sides.”
<~brock> Blue
^ Havrasti then breaths fire on them in full form, rawr
<~brock> ((Roll something to hit them both, they will defend.))
<havrasti> ((uh, which stat? Dex? Strenght or Stamina?"))
<havrasti> !5d6, 1d6 : Stamina and Beign a Dragon(Rawr)
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled “Stamina and Beign a Dragon(Rawr)”: (5+6+2+2+3) = 18.
<havrasti> !1d6
<karmabot> [Havrasti] rolled 1d6: (3) = 3.
<havrasti> ((cause the other one didn’t work properly))
<~brock> ((So 653322.)
<~brock> Tessa and Rosanne defend themselves instinctively with magic.
<~brock> !6d6: Tessa’s defense
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Tessa’s defense”: (6+3+2+6+3+2) = 22.
<~brock> !5d6: Rosanne’s defense
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Rosanne’s defense”: (6+5+3+5+6) = 25.
<ellie> (I could donate a blue coin to Havrasti if he wanted… unless we just don’t want to mess with this; it seems chancy)
<~brock> The two sisters show why giants are a dragon’s most dangerous enemy.
<havrasti> ((yeah, not going to beat a 6655 :P ))
<havrasti> “Well that’s not good…”
<ellie> ((ok, let it go; it would really be depending on getting a six))
<~brock> Rosanne adopts a clinical attitude: “Huh, a dragon. That’d explain why they mopped the floor with those idiot goblins we hired as muscle.”
<~brock> Tessa is blinking blindly, but can still talk: “Some muscle! They can barely take out the trash!”
<~brock> SILA
^ Sila tries the non-magic route, and shoots at the non-blind one
<~brock> ((Dex versus Dex.))
<havrasti> ((btw, which is which? who’s in the suit and the punk outfit?))
<sila> !5d6: dex and firearms proficiency
<karmabot> [Sila] rolled “dex and firearms proficiency”: (6+5+2+6+3) = 22.
<~brock> !5d6: Rosanne dodges
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Rosanne dodges”: (2+5+1+5+5) = 18.
<~brock> !5d6: Rosanne’s stamina versus intermediate
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Rosanne’s stamina versus intermediate”: (3+4+5+6+4) = 22.
<~brock> !4d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (2+5+2+1) = 10.
<~brock> Rosanne gets hit and winces slightly.
<~brock> Other than that, she just appears a bit peeved.
<~brock> LLEWELYN
<~brock> Llewelyn pulls out his submachine gun and switches on the laser. “Stand down! You are interfering with a federal investigation!”
<~brock> !6d6: Charisma plus a relevant skill
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Charisma plus a relevant skill”: (5+1+4+1+4+2) = 17.
<~brock> !2d6: Tessa’s versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Tessa’s versus”: (5+3) = 8.
<~brock> !5d6: Rosanne’s versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Rosanne’s versus”: (5+1+3+2+2) = 13.
<~brock> Rosanne: “Damn, you had to wait to say that until AFTER opening fire?”
<~brock> Rosanne: “You stole our evening appointment off the street, caused who knows how much damage ON the street, and we came here to parley, bleep it!”
<~brock> Tessa is still blind this turn.
<sila> “then you should’ve said so instead of throwing lightning and talking about goblins!”
<~brock> Rosanne glares at Sila: “Sure, you blind my sister and the dragon goes blazing fire all over us before we’ve said a single word? Kiss my yanno, lady.”
^ Havrasti growls “Forgive us for feling chased and threatened, buecause, you know, we were chased and threatened.”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “This IS a federal investigation, and you can leave now or face the consequences.”
^ Ellie is watching, listening, and gripping the wheel, trying to still the trembling in her hands.
^ Ellie , seeing that everyone else has left the car, decides to follow, albiet somewhat shakily.
^ Sila is standing right next to the car, bracelet still firmly on for the record
<~brock> Rosanne: “Look. Let’s talk this out like civilized people before we commence with the wanton destruction, hey?”
<sila> “It was a bit late for that when they decided to ram our van, but sure, we’ll take a break from the collateral damage and talk.”
<~brock> Tessa waves a hand in front of her face and mutters “Oh good, I can see fingers again…”
<~brock> Rosanne: “I apologize for that incident. My people acted without our orders.”
^ Havrasti is going to stay in full form, for multiple reasons, 1: still feeling threated, 2: Ladies present
<ellie> ((And he doesn’t mean the giants. ;-) ))
^ Sila keeps a bit of attention on Seth out of the corner of her eye
<havrasti> ((the giants get 1, Ellie gets 2… ok, I suppose Sila should fall under 2 as well))
<~brock> Seth is on the ground going “Oh bleep, the people I thought were gonna bail me out are just wanting to talk, oh bleep oh bleep oh bleep.”
<ellie> !6d6: Voluntary Willpower – does Ellie manage to get her post-danger panic under control enough to participate in discussion?
<karmabot> [Ellie] rolled “Voluntary Willpower – does Ellie manage to get her post-danger panic under control enough to participate in discussion?”: (2+1+1+3+4+2) = 13.
<sila> (( are you implying that Sila might not count as a lady? :P ))
<~brock> !3d6: versus for Ellie
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus for Ellie”: (3+3+6) = 12.
^ Ellie is leaning against the car, still shaking and rather against the idea of drawing attention to herself at the moment.
<~brock> Llewelyn still has his SMG at the ready. “So is one of you the ‘Rosanne’ our friend here mentioned earlier?”
<~brock> Rosanne (in suit): “That’s me.”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Rosanne, as I said earlier, your people interfered in a federal investigation.”
<~brock> Rosanne casts a glance at Seth. “Ooh, has he been a naughty boy?”
<sila> “Respectfully, unless you are found to be part of said investigation, that is probably confidential information.”
<~brock> Rosanne: “Fair enough, short stuff.”
<~brock> Rosanne: “So I don’t get my client, and I get our minions all shot up. That about the size of it, huh?”
<havrasti> “We didn’t shoot them.”
<havrasti> “Not with bullets at least.”
<sila> “We didn’t ram them either. They did almost all the damage themselves.”
<~brock> Rosanne: “Not what I heard, but I’ll gloss over that for now.”
<havrasti> “They were so wonderfully incompetant.”
<~brock> Tessa growls. “WHY gloss over it? We can take them, sis!”
<~brock> Rosanne: “Shut up.”
<ellie> By taking deep breaths, Ellie has managed to calm herself to where her hands are the only thing trembling, again…
<~brock> Rosanne glances at Llewelyn, then Sila. “In any case, I’m pretty sure one of us would get really badly hurt even if we did take them down. Now kill your bellicose attitude before you talk us into something worse than this.”
<~brock> Tessa clams up.
<ellie> Deciding to ignore the hands for now, Ellie works up enough courage to actually /speak/. "I- I know we shot /you/,
<ellie> "
<~brock> Rosanne glances back towards the group. “All right, then. At least we know where our client is gone. We’ll be…”
<ellie> (note done)
<~brock> Rosanne pauses as Ellie starts talking.
<ellie> She says to Roseanne. “I- I’m willing to try and heal you, if you wish. I… I only just recently discovered the ability; I confess I’m not practiced in it, but… if you wanted…”
<~brock> Rosanne looks surprised. “Compassion, from a federal agent? Surprising…”
<~brock> Rosanne: “Thanks for the offer, but I’m actually wearing my vest – I think the bruise will heal.”
<~brock> Rosanne opens the front of her suit jacket to show she’s wearing body armor – looks like a custom job, considering her size.
^ Sila breathes a faint laugh
<sila> “Just so we know better next time then – what business are you in?”
^ Ellie nods. “Oh, I see.” Her voice probably hasn’t been exactly steady, really, either. “Well, okay… um…”
<ellie> Ellie trails off.
<~brock> Rosanne looks at Sila carefully.
^ Sila raises and eyebrow at her
<sila> “You know, so we don’t mix you up with your clients again?”
<~brock> Rosanne smiles: “Any business we can find to maintain our lifestyle.”
<~brock> Tessa: “Hurting people nastier than us.”
<~brock> Rosanne: “And helping people more desperate than us.”
<~brock> Tessa: “Particularly if they’re not cash-strapped.”
<havrasti> “Well, you probably don’t want to help a kidnapper then.”
<~brock> Rosanne: “Probably true.”
<~brock> Rosanne looks at Seth: “You survive them, Englishman, then don’t come back to me unless you’re ready to make good my losses tonight. Square?”
^ Sila bites her tongue
<~brock> !4d6: Seth’s willpower versus high
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “Seth’s willpower versus high”: (6+6+1+1) = 14.
<~brock> !7d6: versus
<karmabot> [Brock] rolled “versus”: (6+5+2+2+3+2+6) = 26.
<~brock> Seth faints.
<sila> “…NOW he lays down.”
^ Sila hauls Seth up in a shoulder carry.
<sila> “Arright, detainee into the vehicle.”
<~brock> Tessa: “Out of here, sister?”
^ Sila heads for the boarding stairs to the plane
<~brock> Rosanne: “Yes. Goodbye, agents. Let’s not meet again.”
<havrasti> “Let’s not.”
<~brock> Tessa snaps her fingers; Rosanne clicks her heels together, and they both disappear into ball lightning that flashes away towards the Vegas Strip.
^ Sila belts Seth into a seat and makes sure his zipcuffs are still tight
^ Ellie jumps at the lightning disappearance. Then she turns quickly toward the plane, as well. She’s once again probably not strictly steady on her feet. But she walks without too much disgrace to the plane.
^ Sila rummages for Havrasti’s luggage
<~brock> Llewelyn calmly puts away his submachine gun, then turns toward the others. “Well, THAT was exciting…”
^ Havrasti picks up the remains of his clothes
<sila> “Here we go…”
^ Sila hangs a pair of Havrasti’s pants on the boarding stairs
<havrasti> “Can we get to the hanger quickly?”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Need anything, Havrasti?”
<sila> "Ellie and I will stay in the plane while you get decent.
^ Ellie makes it to a seat in the plane, and considers it an accomplishment. She collapses into it, again devolving into taking deep, deep breaths…
^ Sila gets back aboard and whispers to Ellie, “You know I was kidding about eating him, right?”
<ellie> The look Ellie gives Sila says that now is probably not a good time to decoy her attention to anything except calming breaths…
<sila> “…I’m not sure whether to take that as a yes or a no…talk later?”
<~brock> Colin: “If you’re done with the diversions, I filed a quick flight plan for your swift departure…”
^ Ellie manages a desperate nod at the latter words.
^ Havrasti shifts down in private and gets into a change of clothes
<sila> “Right then.”
^ Havrasti then heads back in and sits in the pilot seat.
^ Sila opens a new file on her phone and starts dictating:
^ Havrasti addresses “So… should we have started with the talking first instead of the fighting with what we knew?”
<sila> “Lessons learned, endline, bullet list. Ask for surrender first, some bad guys really might actually take it seriously endline.”
<sila> “Don’t assume the boss is getting good information from the underlings especially if they’re goblins endline.”
<sila> “Need a way to identify goblins endline”
^ Sila toggles off dictation mode when Havra gets aboard
<havrasti> ((^adresses Llewlyn))
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Right… I think we should have. It may have been excusable, given the previous experience and their sudden appearance.”
<sila> “If I’m undersympathetic to them, it’s probably because they /really were/ from the same group that had just rammed and shot at us, etc.”
<sila> “Still. Proceedure. You know it, we don’t.”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Right. I should have made it clear before we got here.”
<~brock> Llewelyn sits down in his seat aboard the plane, hands shaking slightly.
<sila> “Also, what’s good for the post-emergency jitters? Because we need some.”
<ellie> Ellie’s partially processing this conversation. In her current states, it translates into her muttering, “I… I messed everything up! Panicked when they appeared in lightning bolts, didn’t watch to see whether we were being followed…”
<ellie> “Terrible at this, terrible, terrible, what made me think I could do something like this?!”
<ellie> At well-nigh under her breath volumes
^ Sila leans down to listen
<sila> “You saying something you want heard, Ellie?”
<~brock> Llewelyn chuckles and pulls out a hip flask. “My medicine of choice is hot tea.”
<sila> “…I need caffine like a hole in the head. Got any chamomile?”
<havrasti> “Mine is a wild flight, but I don’t think that’ll help the rest of you.”
<~brock> Llewelyn hands the flask to Ellie: “Here, sip, don’t gulp.”
<ellie> Ellie casts a glance up at Sila, “Dunno, I don’t know…”
^ Sila sighs
<ellie> She reaches a shaky hand over for the flask, and takes a sip.
<sila> “Drink your tea, and remind yourself that everyone’s alive and the bad guy’s in custody.”
<sila> “I’m gonna go make sure he’s waking up, and not…I dunno, concussive or something.”
<~brock> Seth is asleep, sweating and whimpering softly.
<ellie> “Right. Right. No one died, got the guy we were looking for, right…”
<ellie> Ellie takes a couple more deep breaths, then another sip at the tea before handing it back to Llewelyn.
<~brock> Llewelyn grins at Ellie: “You did very well. You kept your head.”
^ Sila tries to check his eyes, dealing with her own nerves by finding something to do
<ellie> “I… maybe sorta. Survival instinct kept it in line at least until… heh, just now…”
<havrasti> “And it looked like the only collateral damage we did was freeing some guy in another guy’s trunk.”
<ellie> Ellie’s deep breaths actually manage to slow and calm some, now.
<~brock> Seth starts to come groggily awake as Sila pokes and prods.
<havrasti> “Our slip-up may have saved some stranger’s life.”
<sila> (raising her voice from Seth’s seat, while holding up one of his eyelids) “Yeah, the city police might care about that if we knew what to point them to.”
<~brock> Llewelyn: “Nonsense. You had the presence of mind to see when the cars came up behind us, and then drive away anyway.”
<~brock> Colin gets on the line: “About that, Havrasti…”
<~brock> Colin: “Listening in remotely on the Vegas police band. They arrived at the accident scene and found two abandoned Dodge Avengers – your friends, I presume – and a BMW with an unconscious mobster in the front seat.”
<havrasti> “HAH!”
<sila> “Oh, good, they /did/ get there in time to get something on him!”
<ellie> “I, um… maybe, I guess. I sorta thought that fell under survival instinct….”
<ellie> ((To Llewelyn))
<ellie> Despite her words, however, her voice is steadying.
<~brock> Llewelyn, to Ellie: “Don’t worry. Even if that was survival instinct, it led you far better than ninety percent of the population.”
<sila> “So did you hit your head, fainty McFaintsalot? Headache, blurred vision, ringing ears?”
<~brock> Seth mutters: “Bleeping giantesses. Ten feet tall and farting thunderbolts…”
<ellie> “Heh, um… I’ll take your word for it…” Does a corner of her mouth actually manage to turn upward? Perhaps…
<sila> “Hello, talk to the dangerous woman currently in front of you, not the ones that are already gone please.”
<ellie> “I suppose a first… um… I dunno /what/ this has been? But I suppose maybe it should feel like rather an escaped mess…”
<~brock> The control tower gives Havrasti permission to take off.
^ Havrasti “Seatbelts everyone, 3… 2… 1…” FWOOOOOOOM
<~brock> Seth: /Mumbles to Sila./
<sila> “I’ll take that as a ‘yes I’m fine and have no need of medical assistance.’ You still hungry?”
<~brock> Seth: “Surprisingly.”
<~brock> Seth: “Where are you taking me?”
^ Havrasti looks at the flight plan
<sila> “To DEAR of course. Burger King is officially off the table, you’ll have to settle for peanuts now.”
^ Sila goes to scrounge plane snacks for everyone. Because, /something to do/ you know.
<~brock> Llewelyn to Ellie: “Ah, but it’s a mess ALL of us escaped unharmed from. This is a good day.”
<ellie> “True… heh, true.”
^ Sila ’s hands hardly shake at all as she opens stuff in the cooler and makes cold-cut sandwiches
<~brock> A few minutes later, after eating his sandwich with bound hands, Seth falls back to sleep.
<~brock> The plane wings onward, eastward, into the night, toward your destination. What will you learn when you arrive?
^ Sila makes enough sandwiches for at least a dozen humans, and feeds everyone
<~brock> Tune in tomorrow to find out.
<~brock> == END LOG ==

Log 013

Red King's Command Wayfarer